Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Body Wash
Dove
Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash

Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash

Pros

• Gentle (3)
  • Leaves clean feel (3)

• Daily use (3)
  • Sensitive skin (3)

BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!! NOW!!!!

I switched to this body wash a few years ago, and have NEVER gone back! I use it every day 2-3 times a day and LOVE what it does for my skin! Even in the dry winter months it keeps my skin nice and moisturized with now flaky peeling skin (OUCH!) And it smells so good everyone around you will be giving you plenty of complements! I love the suds too! It makes you feel cleaner seeing all the nice bubbly suds everywhere (or at least it does for me!) You can SEE the clean! Doesn't hurt my sensitive skin or my sensitive nose!

It started greatly improving my skin quality in about a week after use! I will NEVER go back! I use all the Dove body washes and love all of them. So feel free to pick your own smell!!! They'll all help your skin MUCH more than any other body wash! I also had very oily skin and bad acne on my back NOT ANYMORE!!! it even helps combat this during summer months when I sweat doing outdoor activities.

YOU WILL SMELL AMAZING! no matter which dove product you buy the scent will NOT suffocate you or anyone around you. They are all just enough to make you not stinky in the sweaty summer months, and will not over power you and your loved ones in the winter months. So feel free to choose which one you like best :) They even have scents specially for men so your man can smell "manly" and be clean and smooth and moisturized!

It's an okay body wash but not much exfoliation.

I received this in a Christmas basket and decided to give it a try. First of all, it had an okay lather. It came out and had a light color to it so I figured there were dyes in it. When I put it on my pouf and on my washcloth, I just had to add a little bit of water to get it to lather. The lather lasted a while and when it began to wane, I just had to add more water to work a lather again.

It was supposed to lightly exfoliate but I didn't notice that. Even after washing my body twice with my pouf, I could still tell there were dead skin cells on my arms, legs, and even chest. I could actually rub my skin with my dry hand and remove excess skin cells so this product didn't really exfoliate.

I was left feeling okay as far as moisture goes. This didn't give me a substantial amount of moisture but I felt soft. It certainly didn't dry my skin out anymore than the winter had.

It's an okay bath soap but it wasn't anything special. It didn't exfoliate like it claims to do. I think it needs stronger exfoliators in the product.

It worked well as a soap but not so much as an exfoliate.

It has a soft scent to it. It smells more like a lotion than a bath and shower soap.

This product is the best around!! I'd use over and over!!

from Pace fl

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

• Acne-Prone Skin
    • All Skin Types
    • Combination Skin
    • Dry Skin
    • Oily Skin

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

I use this dove brand everyday for shower use. It's sooths and exfoliates your skin leaving such a smooth texture. The body wash it self is so thick, therefor it last forever and ever! If you have dry crinkly skin this product is just for you. Even if not, still try this body was to leave your skin looking fresh and flawless!

I will not buy this again

from Texas

Pros

Cons

• Irritates Skin

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

I used this for a week and am so disappointed! I experienced dry itchy skin that I could feel shortly after drying off. I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. I do not have sensitive skin and this product caused irritation so I can only imagine what it would do to someone with sensitive skin. Please share your experience so I will know if it is just me or just a bad product

The only body wash I use

from Henderson, NV

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
        • Gentle
        • Improves Skin Texture
        • Leaves Clean Feel
        • Moisturizing
        • Not Greasy
        • Smells Great

• Acne-Prone Skin
          • All Skin Types
          • Combination Skin
          • Dry Skin
          • Oily Skin

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

I take daily showers and this is gentle enough to use every time. The smell stays on me just about all day and night. It's very moisturizing and creamy. This is the only one I use and will never switch to anything else. It has cleared my skin up and really does feel like an exfoliation. No cons to this.

Gentle exfoliation

from Jasper, AL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
          • Leaves Clean Feel

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

When you have sensitive skin it can sometimes be hard to find a wash that isn't super harsh. The exfoliation in this body wash gives you a pretty good experience with that. It was great on my skin and I didn't feel irritated afterwards. I also felt like my skin was refreshed and clean.

Good, but messy

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

I am a big fan of Dove body washes, as a rule, and while this one is gentle and moisturizing, it has one major drawback: the little blue exfoliating beads that are mixed into the creamy part of the soap get left behind in the shower. I have had to clean up little blue streaks and chunks in the bottom of the tub every time I have used it! This isn't a huge deal, as it is easily removed, but it is a little bit annoying. Other than that, though, I love it. The scent is light and clean, and it foams up nicely in a loofa or washcloth. It is gentle on my fairly sensitive skin (which is very important to me).The price is somewhat higher than that of other drugstore brands of body wash, but it isn't so high that it's unreasonable. I would probably not buy this exact formula of body wash again, because I honestly didn't notice that it exfoliated all that well, but I would definitely buy other Dove soaps in general.

nice product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

i must say that I have previously and in the past purchased and used this product and found that I really did like it for the most part. I can truly say that this Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash worked really good on my skin. First of all the best thing about this product is the exfoliation. It very gently scrubs the dead skin off when you are bathing and leaves your skin feeling smooth and very moisturized. I use it every day. It is gentle enough that I use it every day and it still keeps my skin in wonderful condition. Another thing I really liked about this body was is the scent. It has a very nice pleasant scent that is good for men and women. It has more of a clean scent. This body wash did a wonderful job with cleaning and getting my skin clean of unnecessary dirt and oils while still leaving it nice and soft. The price of this Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash is very reasonable and it also last a long time as you do not have to use much when you bathe. I would recommend that everyone try this product.

Great body wash

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

I like this body wash because it smells great, feels silly and creamy and thoroughly cleans my body. I only use it on my body (not face) and I love how it feels on my fingers and while being rubbed in. The consistency is so silky and unlike any other brand of body wash I have used. The lather is good even with a small amount of soap. This soap helps me shave better than with bar soap because it is so smooth that my razor moves more easily on my skin. This body wash is a nice treat for myself because it makes me feel pampered and fresh.

This is a great every day body wash because it leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I gave it a 7 because I didn't notice any exfoliation but it does say "gentile" so it could have been very light exfoliation that I couldn't see.

The scent is fresh and feminine. I like how it is not too strong and doesn't last long after a shower so I can still wear perfume.

Excellent product, espcially for dry skin!

from Kansas

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have very dry skin and always seem to be looking around for a good body wash that will provide my skin with moisture, which is generally a challenge. My skin is also fairly sensitive so sometimes that's also an issue with body washes. I have always liked Dove products so when I saw this I didn't really think twice about buying it. It's very creamy and rinses clean [I've found a lot of body washes leave a weird film on my skin]. I love the smell of Dove products and this one is no exception. It does exfoliate and moisturizes well. It comes in a fairly large bottle and is decently priced. I would also like to add the off brand Equate version of this performs just as well, the smell is just a tiny bit different - so if you're on a budget that's an option that's a little cheaper! If you have dry skin and are looking for a product that will actually moisturize your skin this is a very good option!

A good exfoliating body wash.

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash is one of the many body washes I have used in the past. I have been a long time user of Dove products and have loved them often. My feeling for this body wash was kind of same. Dove products, mostly deliver what they promise. Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash does exactly as it says as well.
            It has a very subtle fragrance to it, that makes you feel fresh whether you take a shower after a long day at work or early morning. Honestly, I was quite hesitated to buy this product initially, after reading the reviews on the websites which stated that the exfoliating beads do not work well. I accept that the exfoliating beads are softer than the usual scrubs, but I feel it is what makes this body wash different from others. It does the job without hurting the skin and I feel this is what I bought this product for. Overall, this body wash cleanses and exfoliates the skin very well.

It's an okay body wash but not much exfoliation.

from West Virginia

Comments about Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash:

It worked well as a soap but not so much as an exfoliate.