Other Hair Conditioners:
Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner

Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner

Pros

Cons

Dove packs a powerful conditioning punch for dry, damaged hair.

**Quick View:** I belong to BzzAgent.com, a very neat website where you can try products and learn about cool websites and much more - and it's free. I received a full sized 8 ounce tube of this product and was simply asked to try it. And I did. I thought it would be too heavy for my hair but it isn't. It makes my hair look great. I could live without that unique (and kind of old ladyish) "Dove" scent but otherwise, this a heck of a daily conditioner.

***My Take on Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner***

This product comes in an 8 ounce tube and may also come in a larger size. The tube contains a fairly thick, white creamy conditioner that can be used daily without weighing hair down. I was suspicious of that claim though because I have long, straight, fine hair and so many heavier conditioners that make my hair soft and shiny also make it flat and limp.

I first tried this conditioner last week. I used one of my usual shampoos and then squirted out some of the conditioner. I was disappointed that it had THAT scent. I have a thing against Dove's signature scent which is a super floral, soapy, strong, blahh scent. Many like it, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it smells old. Not that the conditioner is old. The scent is. Funeral home floral.

Getting past the scent, I used about a quarter sized dollop of the conditioner from the ends to the almost the roots. i don't condition the roots because then my hair really drags. The scent is strong at first but, when I rinse my hair, it lightens up and smells fresh and not like a funeral home anymore which is a relief.

After drying my hair, I was pleased to see that it was bouncy, shiny, and healthy looking. I highlight my hair and use lots of heated styling tools on it. I am always messing around with color and, long hair is just naturally prone to more damage because the ends are so old. **Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner** managed to make my hair look fresh and sleek without making it so soft that it was like a baby's hair, flying around and unable to hold a style.

This conditioner can be used daily but I use it every other shampoo. I use something lighter on the other days to avoid conditioner overload although I see no sign of buildup when I use Dove. I no longer need a deep conditioning treatment like [Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream][1] because Dove does it all without the long wait and the special treatments. I have to say, I am impressed and will buy this conditioner again.

***My Viewpoint***

If only Dove would make their products smell...fresh or citrus or even like nothing at all! I just do NOT like the strong floral scent of this product but that won't sway me from using it. It dissipates fast and leaves my hair looking really good. ***I give it 4 stars.*** When they change the scent to something more fun or just less in your face, I may change my rating to 5 stars. It's very good for my hair and my hair is very hard to please.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Queen-Helene-Cholesterol-Hair-Conditioning-Cream-review-91a92

Conditions ddeeply without weighing my hair down. Makes my hair shiny and manageable and seems to help with split ends.

Too floral and soapy. very strong. I don't like strong floral scents.

Dove's Intensive Conditioner fell flat

I received Dove's Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner as a result of being a BzzAgent.  This is a really unique program, where they send you products to try and you let people know about the product you're using.

According to the tube (it's an 8 oz. tube), this is conditioner with treatment and is instant deep nourishment.  It has patented micro moisture serum and fiber actives, prevents split ends and breakage and is a weightless formula.  Dove's dual action formula contains treatment with fiber actives that penetrate deep inside to help rebind damaged proteins without weighing hair down.  It also contains conditioner with patented micro moisture serum which repairs, intensely nourishes and seals lifted cuticles to help protect against future damage.  This product gives you the benefits of a treatment at the speed of a conditioner.  You just use a quarter sized portion after shampooing, leave it on for a minute and then rinse it out.

I like Dove.  I like the way it smells.  I never cared for their shampoo products because they just didn't work on my hair.  When I saw that Dove had re-formulated their hair care products, I was happy and really anxious to try this.  I felt that this would be a really great product.

I have dry hair that is color treated.  It's just at my shoulders and it's wavy.  I blow it dry every 2-3 days and straighten it occasionally with a straightening iron.  I've been using L'Oreal's Vive shampoo for very dry/damaged hair and it makes my hair super soft and super shiny.  I totally love L'Oreal's shampoo and conditioner.

Having said that, I wasn't sure Dove's Intensive Repair could do much more for my hair, but I was more than willing to give it a try.

I followed the directions.  I was tempted to not use my L'Oreal shampoo and use one that isn't as good, just to see the Dove results better.  I didn't give in though and used my L'Oreal shampoo, then I used the Dove Intensive Repair instead of the L'Oreal conditioner.

It was the worst hair day I have had since I have started using the L'Oreal.

My hair was dry, frizzy and poofy.  The Dove intensive repair conditioner did NOTHING for my hair at all.  I was tempted to jump back into the shower and re-wash my hair.  My hair does NOT look like this when I use the L'Oreal.

I had my 14 year old daughter try it on her hair.  She has thick, wavy hair that's not damaged at all and it's shiny.  She has gorgeous hair so I wanted to see if Dove would make it shinier and softer.

Instead, she experienced the same things I did - her hair felt dry and became frizzy and poofy.

Thank goodness I still have my L'Oreal.

Dove Repair Conditioner

from Austin, TX

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Detangles
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Improves Texture
  • Luxurious
  • Smooths & Softens

Cons

• Curly Hair
    • Daily Use
    • Deep Conditioning

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner:

I have wavy hair, some of it wants to be straight, some wants to curly and all of it wants to be frizzy. I enjoy using this conditioner because it helps smooth and calm my out of control locks. I live in Texas where there is a lot of humidity. Even if I fully styled my hair, one step outside and it is frizzed back up. I enjoy this product because it helps keep my hair in check for most of the day. I would recommend it to a friend and I keep using it.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Great for damaged AND color treated hair!

from lakeland, florida

I love Dove products because they really focus on what is good for a woman's hair and body. This conditioner is no different. I color my hair on a regular basis and sometimes it dries out my hair. This conditioner treatment is great for this problem. It really is "damage therapy" for your hair. It is a thick conditioner that coats every strand. I leave it on about two minutes, then I rinse it out. The only thing I can say is that even though this conditioner treatment says it can be used daily, I would use it every other day unless your hair is as dry as it can get. I noticed that if I use it every day, my hair gets a little greasy and I would have to wash it again the next day, which I do not like to do. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner is a wonderful product that has helped me hair get back to its beautiful glory. I definitely recommend it for any woman who is having issues with dry and/or damaged hair.

Nice intensive conditioner

from Eastlake, OH

I have been a loyal user of Dove soap for many years. I love the gentleness of the soap. I was able to try the shampoo when it came on the market and was very impressed with how soft it made my hair. A few weeks ago my mom (she is my hairdresser as well!) suggested that my hair was starting to look a little damaged and said that I needed to try a deep conditioner for a few weeks. I was very impressed with the results. My shoulder length hair felt so much smoother and more manageable in the day or two after using the conditioner! This saved me from having to get a haircut!

I was very pleased with how my hair felt after using this conditioner over several weeks. Each time I would wrap it up in a shower cap and leave it on for ten minutes. After rinsing out I noticed less hair in the sink as I combed it out and their was less hair loss on my pillow. In fact I was able to wear my hair down which I did not like to do because my hair was so frizzy and unmanageable.

Like most Dove products this had a nice gentle scent to it. It was neither too perfumy or not scented at all. Other conditioners have a better scent but this one is so good at conditioning your hair the scent is almost secondary

Good conditioner.

The dove damage therapy intensive repair daily treatment conditioner is a good conditioner in my opinion. It leaves your hair nice, soft and shiny. Just like most dove products, it's really good. I left it in longer than the recommended use just as I do with other conditioners. I'd say that this dove damage conditioner has the consistency and feel of a deep conditioner instead of a daily conditioner so that's a plus. I can say that this conditioner focused more on repair than moisture, but it's not a big deal, still good. If you use the shampoo first it's good to follow that with the regular dove conditioner then this intense repair conditioner. I'd also recommend using this product without even shampooing first, just apply and put on a plastic conditioning/shower cap and give the product enough time to really absorb and work to leave your hair feeling extra great and soft.

Made my hair very smooth

from SalemNY

I have dyed my hair every color of the rainbow and used tons heat on it as well. After I cut off 11 inches of hair, I looked for drugstore products that would help keep the rest of my slightly damaged hair is the best shape possible. I knew my hair not be completely repaired until it grew out so I didn't have high expectations when I purchased the Dove Damage therapy Intensive Repair conditioner but. Was amazed with the results.

I only applied this from mid length to the ends of my hair but coated it quite heavily and then wrapped my hair in a low bun while in the shower. I left it in my hair a good 5-10 minutes before rinsing. It washed out easily and myhair at that point didn't necessarily feel any different. I wrapped my hair in a mircofiber towel for 10 minutes and let it air dry from there after removing all knots with my fingers and spraying my everyday leave in spray for extra conditioning.

After it was completely dry, I noticed how much softer and smoother it felt. It smelled amazing as well. The Dove damage therapy conditioner didn't leave buildup on my hair either. It was less frizzy and less limp than before with using other regualr conditioners.

I would recommend this to those with damaged or dry hair. My hair wasn't too noticeably damaged but I didn't see signs of more damage after using this for a few months.

Stopped more damage from showing and made hair noticeably softer.

Smells great and lingers in hair.

Excellent.

I find dove products excessively moisturizing so I avoid using Dove shampoo as it doesn't clear my oily scalp's natural oils and I like my hair silky and smooth. So, I reluctantly tried the Dove damage therapy intensive repair conditioner on my friend's recommendation and I was extremely pleased. It is very effective as a conditioner and leaves my hair smooth and untangled. Also, I love the scent. I also noted a remarkable improvement in my hair texture as it gave them a healthy shine and notable reduction in hair fall as well. A very good conditioner which you can use with any shampoo that suits your scalp. It does not over moisturize your scalp so your hair do not look oily and leaves you feeling fresh, looking sharp, and smelling great. I love it. Highly recommended for daily use.

Very effective as both conditioner and damage repair treatment.

I personally love the scent it leaves in my hair.

Great at keeping split ends at bay and having a clean hair look.

It is a great product. I have been using this line of the Dove shampoo and conditioner for years and I only get a hair cut every 1 to 2 years and it makes it so I have very little split ends if any by the time I get my hair cut again. It is great because I donate my hair and it is very healthy when I donate it because of this shampoo and conditioner. Make sure to use this conditioner with the shampoo in order to get the full effect.

Split ends are almost nonexistent and your hair feels clean and fresh. It makes hair every easy to brush and makes my hair look healthy and clean.

It smells great and everyone likes to smell my hair because it smells so good. They always use my shampoo and conditioner because they want their hair to smell as good as mine does. It is not an overwhelming fruity smell that will make you sick. It does not smell like perfume but it does smell really good.

Repairs damage

The dove damage therapy intensive repair daily treatment conditioner really helps to repIr damage. You leave it in for like five minutes and it will make your hair look and feel so much better. I have super thin hair and this weighs it downs. Little, so I only use it like once a week, and I use my regular dove conditioner as a daily conditioner. Other that that, this is amazing!

Pretty good conditioner

I’ve seen commercials for this product a couple of years ago and I decided to give it a try. This product is very affordable and it’s worth every penny. I don’t use this product every day. I use it once a week if I have the chance. Since I have been using this product for a while my hair has rarely have had any damage problem, it leaves hair very soft and beautiful. My hair is really dry and damaged but after using this product. I have never used a conditioner that has made my hair feel this soft. I literally cannot stop petting my own super moisturized hair. I love this product with passion and my hair doesn't get any greasier or weighed down either like when I use other conditioners. I also love the smell of this conditioner. I give this conditioner five stars out of five because even though it’s affordable, it works the same as an expensive product. It truely is a great product.

Hair feels and smells great!

from Flowery Branch, GA

I ran out of conditioner ( herbal essence) and had a few samples of the Dove daily treatment. I am hooked! I need a trim from the summer damage so conditioner is a must. After one use my hair is so soft and no fly always! The smell is awesome too. Very similar to salon brands. Already on my shopping list!!