3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Sam's Club Discover Credit Card makes us money!

I use my Sam's Club Discover Card for every purchase that I can.  We pay it off each month and only buy on the card what we would have spent using cash.  We have made $1,500 A YEAR TOTALLY FREE using this card.  Do not over spend to get the cash back bonus.  Pay it off each month and only spend what you can afford to pay off.  If you do not pay it off or make purchases that you do not need, you are not taking advantage of the benefits of this card.  Make their rewards work for you and your family.  Use the card for groceries, prescriptions, gas, your power bill, your gas bill, your electric bill, your monthly, bi-monthly, weekly mortguage payments, your car payments, your cable bill, your dish bill, your ISP bill, andy and all bills that you have.  Use it to go out to dinner, to buy a new pair of shoes, to pay your tax bill, your library fine, at your favorite local food service place, your local bar, your grocery store, at the movies.  Take your Mom out for Mothers Day, your Dad out for Fathers Day.  Go to a movie, get the large popcorn, enjoy your little window of alone time.  Use it for your business expenses, your manicure, your wedding, a cruise.  Just remember to be able to pay it off each and every month without fail!  Another added bonus is that you have your picture on the back and when asked for your ID, you do not need to fish around in your wallet or purse to get your drivers license or your state id card.  The picture is right there next to your signature for the sales clerks to verify that you are indeed the card owner.

I have also used the card and the wonderful people that answer the phone to help resolve an issue at the store, be it a return or faulty merchandise.  I had prepaid for dog obedience classes for my two new border collie puppies at a local (large chain) pet store and I had not heard back from them.  I had all my paperwork and receipts and went to the store to find out what was going on, why I had not been told that the classes were going to start, as the origional trainer had to have surgery and the classes were rescheduled.  I wen to the store and found out that the classes had already started and I had not been to called or emailed to let me know to come to class.  My husband and I decided that we wanted a refund and so I pulled out my paperwork, reciept and the origional date for the class.  The total cost was about $300.00 and I did not want to reschedule with a company that could not even let me know the status of the class that my family and two dogs were already enrolled in.  They refused to give me my refund and so I said that I will just call Sams Club Discover right now and dispute the charges.  I did not get out of line, as I was not done with my refund transaction.  I had a wonderful rep on the phone and told him of the situation and said that I needed to dispute the $300.00 charge and he scrolled thru my account and found the charge and put a hold on it.  The store manager was called up front to the registers (after we had been told that he was not in the store and NO I could not talk to him) and asked me to get out of line so that paying customers could be helped.  I said that you can not be possibly talking to me as you are not the store manager, as I was told that there was not one here right now and that I would just have to deal with the second assistant manager up front.  Well he was the store manager and he had refused to come up front at first and now that he was here, I needed to get out of line.  I told him that his employees either lied to me on their own, or that he told them to lie to me and he said that no such thing happened.  I told him that that was not true and that my call was recorded with sams and they have heard everything and that he was a liar.  He turned bright red and sputtered and said that he would see what he could do.  I told him at this point that it was too late that I had already disputed it with my sams club discover card and that until this was resolved, they would not be getting paid and that it was long and time consuming process and that I was not going to be charged for this.  At this point, someone behind the counter said that it was not worth the time to fight this, as we had our receipts and paperwork and we had paid by creidt card and that they did not have a real valid reason why my refund was not to be honored.  I was within the time frame, had the papers, and there was no reason to deny my refund.  Try doing this when you have paid cash and have no leg to stand on!

Unfair & Lots of Hassle!

I've had horrific experiences with Sams Club Discover. Yeah, they give you 2% back. But the good ends there. They cut our credit limit in half for NO REASON. We always paid our balance in full on time, everytime. But as soon as the economy got bad, wham! credit cut with no explanation. We run a business and use the card a lot so when its maxed to the limit, I am forced to get cash out of the bank and drive to Sams Club and put payment on the card so we can continue to make purchases. Several attempts at credit increase, denied everytime. Also, they have lost our payments 3 times now which resulted in 5-10 calls per week to try to fix it and took 3-4 weeks to get it straightened out each time. A NIGHTMARE!! Also, Ive had several phone reps be straight up RUDE to me when I've called. Another thing that irritates me is they refuse to let my husband be a decision-maker on the card. He is the CEO of our business but yet he can't make phone calls or anything regarding the card cuz it is in my name. They say he has to pay the annual membership fee which is obsurd because he never sets foot inside a Sams Club. But he takes care of the bills and needs to call often but of course, they cant talk to him. Only to me cuz its in my name. So much hassle and frustration. I hate this compnay!!

worst card I have ever had. Terrible customer service

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

I have never been so disappointed in a credit card in all my life. They have terrible unethical business practices. I made a.payment on their website, coming directly out of my bank account. And 6 days later they have still not released my payment. When I called they said they can hold your payment up to 21 days. The best part is they have informed me, they don't have to tell you how long they are holding it for. If you need your card for travel or large purchases. You have the wrong card. Not worth the fee or points they give you. Get a Costco Amex , better value .much easier to deal with.

Customer Service
Employees not accountable for what they tell clients. Overall very rude. Directed to a Po Box to lodge a complaint. Supervisors not helpful. Corporation has poor business practices. Stay away from this card . Not client friendly. Very difficult to resolve problems. Most of which they create.

Interesting card

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

I have this card for my company and honestly, the card baffles me a little. It is not your typical store credit card in a number of ways. First, I love being a Sams Club Business Level Member since there are in store perks like earlier hours and free coffee and breakfast goodies, in store, obviously.
(You do not need the credit card for these, just the "Business" status). This card is particularly different because my newest one acts as my membership card and my payment card, should I choose. You do not have to pay with the card, but of course, they make it much more convenient since they retain your card at checkout and you do not need to produce another form of payment. Another aspect of this card that is a little strange is that each of my employees, myself included, get a separate card number and it shows up on their credit report. That has never been the case with other business accounts that I have used for our company. I pay my bills on time, but if I didn't that would be a big negative that I am sure my employees would not like. Recently, I lost my card in store and the in-store customer service treated the situation differently than if you lost a standard, non-credit, card; I appreciated the policy.

• Available Rates:

I like that I can have a credit card and Sams card all in one.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

One of the biggest features I enjoy of this card are that when you have it, you don't have to carry an additional membership card with you. The Sams Club credit card also doubles as your membership card. The interest rate isn't too bad on this and if you manage to pay off everything you purchase with it each month, it actually works for you and not against you because of that rewards program that comes along with it.

My local Sams Club makes us show our Sams card when we walk in the door and I find this credit card to be easier for me because I know I am always going to keep it safe and carry it with me. I like that I can just show the cashier my credit card too and it doubles because I don't have to get my Sams card out, then dig out a credit card to make my purchase.

The credit card has really been nice and the interest rate that I got was manageable. I don't have a huge credit limit but I don't need it. We buy a few knick knacks each month in bulk to save a little money and it works out great for us.

Customer Service
I've only had to use customer service a few times for returns and they have never given us any issues. I've never had any trouble getting the credit limit added back onto my card.

Available Rates
I got a decent interest rate considering this was one of my first cards. I can't complain because it also has a rewards program with it that evens things out.

Great club card

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

I think my favorite part of this deal is that this credit card is not limited to only use at the store. Because it is a major credit card you can use it anywhere but then get bonuses by using it at the pump and sometimes in the store. Discover card is a fantastic company with one of the best customer service departments I have ever dealt with and they do have better rates with this specific card then a lot of other store credit cards. but again what makes this a home run is the fact that it can be used anywhere that accepts discover. And I really like the reward system that is set up with the store.

Customer Service
Not only am I impressed with the customer service department with in discover but the Sam's club customer service is top notch as well. Every one that I have had the pleasure of dealing with as far as the customer services goes has been extremely brilliant.

Available Rates
The rates are comparable to every other store credit card I have seen or used.

Risks and Rewards!

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

We use this card at work for business purposes. We make weekly trips to Sam's Club to buy a cargo van full of stuff. The card is excellent in that it gave tremendous rewards at the end of every year in conjunction with Sam's Club. We however never got a credit increase though our credit history was long and constantly in good standing. There have also been issues at time with the payment processing and neither the Discover people nor the Sam's Club people seemed to be able to handle the situation. It is different than my personal Discover Card with which I have never encountered a problem. I would say though, that both are worth the risk for the rewards. Sam's Club and Discover are both good companies.

computer required NOT cell phone

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

Nearly impossible to speak to an agent. Agent can not help with website lockout. Told only way to reset is to use a computer. Cell phone does not allow reset. Basicly you need a $1000 computer to access account online. Not worth the a aggravation. Worst customer service due to antiquated policies. Service compares poorly to other credit card companies

Available Rates
Too aggravating to deal with.

Convenience of Membership and Credit Card in One

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

Only had this card for about six months now. Received it when I had to get a replacement on a worn out membership card. The Club customer service explained the convenience of having the credit card combined with membership card and now instead of showing a club card then finding my credit card I just have to tell the cashier to put the changes on the card. It can be used anyplace that a Discover card can be used but I prefer to keep those charges separate. The one drawback that I find on this card is that when my bank attempts to obtain the monthly bill for me Sams Discover will not allow that to happen.

New Card for me

from Terre Haute, IN

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

My previous credit card rewards were reduced so I switched to this Sam's Club Discover Card. It was an easy choice since we spend $200 or more at Sam's Club every month.
However, I was confused when my card arrived along with a note explaining my credit limit was low due to my credit score. Having an excellent credit score, I still don't understand that claim.
As if that wasn't enough cause for confusion, I received two cards prior to my photo being added to it, and then 2 cards with my photo.
After calling GE Credit and Sam's Club, both told me to just shred the extra cards.
That is NOT a satisfactory piece of advice.
GE Credit and Sam's Club need to tighten up on the procedures used for fulfilling their credit applications and approval.

Customer Service
The lack of concern and advice on handling the copies of my new card.

Available Rates
Credit limit lowered and rate increased due to my credit score - which is excellent.
Don't understand that!

Don't Expect Anything Special

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

I own a business credit account and find it very frustrating to get so little customer service when I need it. First of all, there's the automated computer answering service that won't recognize any commands and by the time you do reach a live person, you've wasted 10 minutes of your valuable day. Then all she can say is they're just a representative and can't help with your request and her supervisor can't either. I get much better service with other cards and only use this one for the discounts at Sam's. And speaking of Sam's, their service is getting worse too. They're getting too big for themselves and I feel like I'm at Walmart. They could care less if the checkout lines are too long. I spoke with a manager about it once and all he could do was shrug his shoulders and said "that's the way staffing is." On more than one occasion, I've had to swap out frozen items after getting through checkout finally, because of the wait.

• Available Rates:

It has worked really weel

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Discover - Sam's Club Credit Card:

I just applied for a Sam's Discover to purchase a new TV at Sam's club.  The process was quick and easy and I was able to make my purchase on the same day.  The best feature is the 6 months same as cash feature so I will be able to pay off my TV without added interest.