Other Credit Cards:

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Rates:

Swipe Your Credit Card and Get Free Books

Credit cards are considered by many to be a necessary evil. They can really wreck havoc on one's personal finances, but they can also be the only means available in emergencies and they come in handy when making purchases on the spur of the moment. I have used many, many different credit cards over the past twenty years or so and my trend has been toward credit cards that have some extra benefit. One card that offers a little extra is the **Amazon.com Visa**, a credit card offered by the on- line retail giant.

**Credit Card Commentary:** Amazon.com Visa card is a credit card I recently acquired. I have used many different credit cards but I approach them differently compared to the past. In my early days, I would usually look for the best interest rate and zero annual fee offers. Nothing else mattered much because since I usually carried a balance, the most important factor for me was how much total interest I would end up paying over the life of the card. Today, I have switched my emphasis to those credit cards which offer additional incentives each time you use them. I have used reward cards in the past (airline cards) but now they have become my exclusive credit card type. With the amount of on- line purchasing that I partake in, it makes sense to get some type of reward for my efforts. And since Amazon.com ranks as my number one web site in terms of the number of purchases made, it seemed logical that I would give this card a try. Besides the Amazon.com name, the main reasons I applied for this credit card were the incentive offers at the time. When I signed up, they were giving this card to new customers with a $30 cash back offer on your first Amazon.com purchase; free balance transfers; and no interest for the first six months. Any one of these offers would have been enough to get me to apply for the card but with three good offers, I couldn't see any reason to hold back. I applied, was accepted in a few minutes, and transferred some balances from other creditors to this account right away. The main appeal of this credit card is the fact that it earns reward points. You earn points at either a one percent rate or a three percent rate, depending on where you make a purchase. Buying through Amazon.com will earn you the maximum three percent rate while other purchases will earn you one percent. This means that, to reach 2,500 points and claim your first certificate, it will take between $833 and $2,500 in new purchases (cash advances and balance transfers do not earn points). This can take some effort, but if you use the card for ordinary purchases and then pay off the balance quickly, you can build your balance to 2,500 in a relatively short amount of time. The key is to pay off your balance as quickly as possible (using the on- line method, if you can) in order to avoid paying interest. The card offers a 20 day grace period, so you have almost three weeks to pay without any accrual of interest. Getting through to customer service on the phone and talking to customer service reps isn't always easy with the Amazon.com credit card. This card is affiliated with Chase finance, and this large company isn't always known for having the best customer service. I have used Chase for my mortgage and for other financial purposes and the same problems I have had with the main company exist here. The reps often give inconsistent answers and it can take a while to get a rep on the phone. I have experimented with Chase and called a couple of times with the same question, just to see what would happen. Often, I would get different answers to the same question and I would usually get a certain amount of hesitation with each answer. The hesitation tells me that the rep on the phone wasn't 100 percent sure of what he/she was saying but needed to give a quick answer in order to get off the phone and move on to the next customer. This is the biggest problem I have with Chase and with this credit card. It is a symptom of a bank that has grown too large to give its customers the individual attention they need. If you accept this offer like I did, the most important advice I can give is to not, under any circumstances, allow your payment to be late. Not only will you get hit with a late fee, your interest rate will double! If your balance is very large, you will be paying the price for your tardiness in the way of big money. Say, for example, that you have a $5,000 balance. At the base rate of 15 percent annually, the interest on this balance would be about $63 per month. Let a payment be received late and your monthly interest will soar to about $125 per month! And keep in mind that Amazon.com and Chase do not reduce this rate. It stays at this high interest rate level until the balance is paid in full. This is why it is so important to pay your balance in a timely manner. **Bottom Line:**

Reward cards have become my credit cards of choice in this new millennium. And since I have shopped more times at Amazon.com than any other web site in the universe, the Amazon.com credit card has been a good choice for my financial needs. It has saved me money and has helped me earn free gifts from my most commonly used web site. Until another bank lures me away, my Amazon.com Visa is the card I will continue to use for the foreseeable future.

Get Your Just Rewards for a Little Spending

When I saw the offer for this Chase Amazon Visa, I decided to close my current Chase Visa and get this one, as the initial one didn't include any extras.  I will earn rewards toward Amazon gift cards.  I was also given a high credit limit, which always helps in a pinch.  I don't want to carry a balance, though, because the interest rate is over 15%.  I especially like their current offering.  If I spend $1,600 between October 1 and December 31, 2010, I will earn a $25 Amazon gift card.  I am about halfway there.

I would only recommend this card if you're going to pay off the balance every month.  I should also point out that, normally, I would not close a credit card account, because it does have an detrimental effect on your credit rating.  The only reason why I closed my first Chase credit card account was because I was paying an annual fee of at least $29 and I had a low credit limit.  I believe the interest rate was higher also.

Oki

from Marrackech

Jj

I will not buy it again

from Bahrain

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

It is a wonderful product, but does not make up for the bank card

Stay away - They don't care about customers, only merchants

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

Don't use this card. Chase are only interested in taking care of merchants, not customers.
I charge 1/2 of a large transaction to my amazon/chase credit card and 1/2 to my USAA credit card. After the merchant didn't deliver on the services I asked for, I disputed the charges with both credit card companies.
Chase/Amazon didn't refund my money, even after 3-4 attempts to provide them with my point of view and documents that proved the merchant was in the wrong.
USAA refunded my money, no questions asked.
Conclusion...don' use Chase credit cards or banking. USAA is the best bank, credit card and insurance company I have ever worked with.
Needless to say I cancelled my Amazon/Chase credit card after they refused to refund my money on a fraudulent charge.

Its a no brainier to get this card if you love amazon!

from Londonderry, NH

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

I shop a lot online,most of which come from Amazon. There is nothing more rewarding then purchasing something and getting a little reward back in the end. It makes you feel a little less guilty for purchasing some of the things that you really just want and do not need. You receive more points for using the card to but from amazon, but also earn points for any purchases put on the card. I make it a point that all of my credit cards are paid off in full each month so I can not give much insight on and interest ect associated with this card.

really cool i like it

from algeria blida oulad yaich adll

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

really cool i like it and i want it for free by this web site

cannot be trusted

from new york, ny

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

i used this credit card extensively, and once with a lawyer who did not deliver the services that were paid for through the credit card. After providing Chase with the required information, they granted me a partial refund, but only after about a half dozen phone calls to find out exactly what they needed. And then, three months later, they back-charged me because the scumbag lawyer lied and sent manufactured info to them, and they believed him (and one of his arguments was that i only asked for a refund months later, but it only looked like that to him because chase took so long to provide the refund in the first place)
even after i explained that he lied to me, the customer service rep seemed to understand but refused to consider helping.

goood chase

from alg

it god thing

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Love Hate Relationship

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

I would have to say I have a love hate relationship with my Amazon credit card. I love it because I am able to earn points back on any transactions. My only thing is that I dislike that I can only use points earned towards amazon.com purchases but then again it wouldn't be called the Amazon.com rewards card if it could be used towards anything now would it? I am also indifferent to the fact that the most amount of points earned are from amazon.com purchases. It's understandable but I wish the percentage of points earned on purchases elsewhere was a little higher, but maybe I'm just whining because I don't shop on amazon.com enough anymore to make the most of points earned on this card

Great card for Amazon.com purchases and gas

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

The Chase Amazon Rewards Visa Credit Card allows you to earn 3% on Amazon purchases, 2% at gas stations, restaurants and drug stores and 1% cash back on everything else. The ease with which you can exchange your points directly on Amazon.com is the best feature. If you're an avid Amazon.com customer this card is a no brainer. It gives you the best return on your purchases from Amazon.com and in my opinion the best return on gas purchases as well. I use this card exclusively for these two purchases and the points add up quickly. If you eat out a lot or frequent fast food places, this card is also ideal for earning max points compared to other cards right now. The best feature is that once you add the card to your Amazon.com account it tracks your earned spending points and you can apply them to your purchases right there on the screen during check out. Talk about an easy transaction and quick way to save money, this is the way to go. Also, there is typically a promotional incentive given as a bonus if you apply for the card and are accepted. The promotion is usually a $30-$50 Amazon.com gift card. Again, a no brainer when deciding to give this card a try. I have had the card a couple of years now and I am able on average to bank enough points to purchase all my Christmas and Birthday gifts with virtually no out of pocket expense each year from Amazon.com. This is a huge win for my family and works great with our tight budget. I have recommended this card to family members and friends whenever I can. The Chase Amazon Rewards Visa Credit Card is definitely worth applying for and having. The key is to pay the bill off each month in its entirety and you really reap the benefits without incurring interest and fees.

Solid card for Amazon use

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about Chase - Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card:

The biggest draw of the Amazon Visa card is 3% back on purchases made at Amazon.com. Beyond that, they offer 2% back at gas stations, restaurants, and drugstores as well as 1% back on everything else. Typically, when you sign up, they'll offer you a instant discount if approved (usually $30) to sweeten the deal. The nice thing is the "cash back" can be used at anytime at Amazon. Whether you've incurred 20 cents or 20 dollars, you can apply it to your purchase at the payment screen. You can also redeem your points within Chase's website. They have a marketplace where you can exchange it for cash, goods, and services. The second best thing about the card, in my opinion, is promotions exclusive to card members. From time to time, I'll get e-mails regarding discount codes that only apply if you use the Amazon Visa to pay. It'd be something like a 20% code good in the Apparel category for example. Chase customer service is solid and responsive and my experiences with Amazon customer service have been positive too. If you buy a lot from Amazon, like I do, I'd highly recommend the Amazon Visa credit card.

• Customer Service: