3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Powerful suction for smaller sized vacuum

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Cyclonic Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum has powerful suction but is not too heavy or bulky. The cylinder can last multiple runs without needing to be emptied.

Maneuverability
The vacuum is not too heavy and is easy to move. The wheel do not swivel or rotate so it can only go in straight lines unlike some newer, fancier model vacuums.

Ease of Maintenance
I've had the vacuum for over 6 years and have only had to replace the belt once. I find it a difficult to remove the lid from the dirt receptacle. I would not recommend this vaccum for anyone with several arthritis or other debility in their hands for this reason. But cleaning and replacing the filter is easy (once the lid is removed from the dirt receptacle).

Suction Performance
The suction performance is outstanding. Sometimes too powerful (it will suck up things you don't want it to). The suction with using the hose feature is also very powerful.

Versatility
The vacuum comes with different hose attachments for smaller spaces and corners.

No frills design.

I've had the vacuum for over 6 years with no change in power or function and all the parts are still intact.

• Versatility:

Horrible product and not worth the money

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Cyclonic Upright Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum cleaner, brand new, and had problems with it from day one. The very first time I used it the belt broke. It came with an extra belt in the box, but it wasn't the right size. When I went to the store where I bought it to get a replacement I learned that they don't even make the size belt the vacuum calls for! I had to get the closest size available. After replacing the belt again the new one broke!! After the third time replacing the belt if finally stayed on and started working properly. After six months of use it started blowing dust and dirt every time I used it. I replaced the filter; it still blew dirt everywhere. I took it completely apart and cleaned it to make sure there were no clogs; it still blew dirt everywhere. I wouldn't use another one of these vacuums even if it were free.

Maneuverability
I never had any problems moving the vacuum around the house (unless the belt was broken). It would glide across my carpet with ease and turn easily.

Ease of Maintenance
No matter how good I cleaned it I still couldn't get it to perform properly.

Suction Performance
When it worked, it worked great. The problem was keeping it working the way it was supposed to.

Versatility
This vacuum comes with many attachments so you can not only clean carpet and rugs, you can also clean furniture and curtains.

Obviously it's not designed well when you can't even find a replacement belt for it and it decides it wants to blow dirt everywhere instead of cleaning your floors.

Didn't even last a year. NOT WORTH PAYING FOR

• Versatility:

Tough machine handles all kinds of messes!

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Cyclonic Upright Vacuum:

With two children and a border collie, this machine has consistently kept our floors clean for over ten years--great product.

Maneuverability
This product is less than perfect for carpeted stairs, but I don't have to lug a canister with me, either. It gets the job done, just takes a little elbow grease with the attachments.

Ease of Maintenance
Have not really had to do much maintenance. We may have purchased a belt at one point. No trouble installing it.

Suction Performance
Amazing how much this machine picks up after years of use.

Versatility
Not a ton of attachments, but what it lacks in versatility, it repays in maneuverability.

Does the design of a vacuum really matter so much? I just want it to work! That being said, it's pretty cool to see what it picks up.