3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Stylish, works well

I received the Dirt Devil Curve vacuum 2 1/2 years ago as a Christmas gift.  I specifically wanted it because it was cordless and looks stylish.  It is still working great, and has just as much sucking power as the day I got it.  The top has a toggle switch that turns it off.  When it is ready to go into the charger just turn it until it "falls" or "clicks" into place and the indicator light turns on, letting you know it is properly inserted and charging.  I love the fact that it is cordless, it is easy to grab and vacuum something up real quick, without having to unwrap a cord, plug it in and use.  Quick to use even if you're just vacuuming up a couple crumbs.  If I could think of one complaint about the Dirt Devil Curve, it would be the vacuum opening.  I once had a handheld vacuum (with a cord) that had a small plastic "hose" that easily flipped down to get into small spaces.  The Dirt Devil Curve doesn't get into corners as well as I would like.  All in all though, it is a great vacuum that is incredibly handy.  Because it looks nice you can leave it out in the open, grab it real quick to vacuum something up and pop it back into place.

Vacuums should never sacrifice function for form.

I LOVE the way this vacuum looks. Really. But unfortunately, loving the looks of a vacuum does nothing to clean your floors.

If you have a very tiny house, or...Read complete review

If you have a very tiny house, or you're one of those people whose house is so clean that it never actually needs to be vacuumed (you just do it for show), then this would probably be a godsend for you. It's small, relatively light, and fits into any corner in your house. You could actually *display *this bad boy. It's a novel concept, and one I hope is developed more.

However, in my house, I have a long haired cat and a long haired boyfriend, and when I go to clean my house...I need it CLEAN. The Kurv, while classy, doesn't really pick up hair, which is a big problem. It did seem to work on larger particles and easy-to-clean messes, but it did pretty much nothing against very small pieces or dirt. Maybe it could supplement a regular vacuum; like your vacuum's cute city sister who's great to look at but kind of good for nothing.

As I said, it may work for those whose homes are small and don't have high traffic floors. But for me, and I hate to admit it, I have to opt for the ugly monstrosities that actually get my house clean. Better luck to you, I hope.

Looks good, performs badly.

from Kansas

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

I bought the Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac because it looked neat. I'm a sucker like that. [Ha ha, sucker, get it, I'm reviewing a vacuum.] It's very sleek looking and small so it fits anywhere. I used to put it in the corner of my living room. You can't even tell it's a vacuum, it just looks like a modern decorative piece. The looks are about the only good thing about the Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac.

You charge the vacuum part; therefore, it's cordless when you use it, which is convenient. The charge lasts for quite a while.

The Kurv is not that great of a product. I have a cat who sheds like crazy and I was hoping this vacuum would be a quick way to just suck up the cat hair. It just doesn't do it. I can go over and over a spot and the hair would still remain. It's okay at picking up bigger things but hair is definitely not it's strong point. Also, the longer I had my Kurv the less sucking power it had. It started declining after a few months and continued to do so. I eventually stopped using it and let it sit around for decoration. It's since been thrown away.

I don't recommend the Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac. It looks really good but it just doesn't perform well.

Pretty but Not Powerful

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

When I first saw this adorable Dirt Devil model at the store I had to have one. It was just too cute to pass up. Ultimately though it did not perform very well and I returned it.

I purchased this mainly with the idea of picking up spilled popcorn from the sofa and a few Cheerios here and there and perhaps running it around the corners where the Roomba missed a spot.

This has fairly decent suction. It is cordless so it doesn't have as much power as a corded vacuum and I would expect it to. It does suck up the stray Cheerio or popcorn piece, or even the odd, hard to reach spiderweb. Just don't expect miracles from this. It's great for small spills but don't expect it to work on things like sand or litter. It's just not designed for that.

Overall, while this was cute, it wasn't amazing and didn't really perform as well as I'd hoped. I ultimately returned it and purchased a different, more effective model.

• Versatility:

good for small jobs, but not very powerful

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

It's a good vacuum for cleaning up small messes, the couch cushions, vacuuming the car, or small messes in the kitchen. It clogs pretty easily and does not have a very long battery. It does look nicer sitting out in charging than other vacuums, which is a definite plus.

great for little jobs

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

The Dirt Devil Kurv Handheld Vacuum is a decent appliance. It sucks up dust bunnies and spiders like the best of them. Food crumbs and anything that is moist is a little bit tricky to get completely sucked up. Before I purchased this vacuum, I read a lot of reviews and some reviewers complained that it didn't hold a charge and would blow the dirt all over the place. I have not had either of this complaints. The only time the Kurv performs poorly, is when the canister is full, the filter is plugged up, or I didn't get it in the base completely.

I like that the Kurv leaves a small footprint when in the base and plugged in. It stores upright. I do not use it as a piece of art- it is plugged in in the closet and I am much more comfortable with that.

Dirt Devil Kurv - price/performance

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

I was given a Kurv mostly for vacuuming my car. I've been known to be a bit fanatic about that. Later I've used it for general clean up in my apartment and been quite impressed with it's overall performance. It has good battery life for its size. The unique shape makes it presentable in most any room. The light weight and capacity makes it perfect for small clean-ups, as well, as the weekly car cleaning. Overall, an excellent little vacuum.

Very attractive. Good for quick pick ups.

from Hendersonville, TN

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

Very attractive - almost like a colorful modern sculpture.  Not good for cat hair at all, and it's odd shape makes is almost impossible for use in an auto.  However, it does pickup the average dry spill just fine and that's what I really bought it for anyway.  Easy to keep charged, and easy to empty.

Pretty but still doesn't last

from Cayce, SC

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

I bougth a Dirt Devil Kurv to go in our living room. I liked that it was a pretty cordless vac, so I could leave it out and not look really bad. We have a dog, and it sheds a lot. So, I got this little guy to clean the hair off our couch. For the first 6 months, it worked really well. It's a little difficult to get all the dog hair out of the filter area, it liked to stick, but the suction worked pretty good. The charge held really well, too. I was very optimistic about the new and improved cordless vacs. Well, after about 6 months, the suction started to decline. Even when it's been sitting on the charger for a week, it barely picks up any of the pet hair. I've cleaned the tar out of it, so it appears to just have lost it's suction almost completely!

great little vacuum

from Edgewater, MD

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

we have had this vacuum for over a year and it works great , it has lots of power , looks good ect. the nice thing is this vacuum has a lot of power and doesnt die fast , even after a year and a half its still going strong , i highly recomend it

Best Vacuum Cleaner

from Daly City, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

This is the best mini vacuum cleaner that i have used in a while. Most mini vacuum cleaners that i have encountered have either died or become lazy and would not be able to vacuum the smallest of things. The first thing that i fell in love with was the shape and style of this little thing. The style makes it easy for the user to hold and charging it is a breeze because you just put it back into the cup charger that it comes with. Another thing, it is space conscious which makes it perfect for an apartment or dorm room for a college student. (no need to lug around that gigantic vacuum up and down the stairs just to clean up some dirt and hair. For such a small vacuum, this little devil has great power and lasts very long when it comes do cleaning. When it runs out of power, you can just charge it for another 10 mins and it can do the rest of the job in a breeze. Another great thing about this product would be how much dirt it can hold.

The Kurv is nice-looking, but not too great at what it does.

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Dirt Devil Kurv Hand Vac:

I have two small boys and a dog, and therefore, I have LOTS of messes to clean up.  I don't always want to haul out my big vacuum every time I need to clean up crushed Cheerios from the carpet.  I figured I needed a handheld vacuum for those little jobs.  I wanted something I could leave out on the counter all the time -- seeing as how I have messes to clean up CONSTANTLY.  I found a great deal on the Dirt Devil Kurv -- in RED (which I love!) -- so I jumped on it! I love the design of it, and the color -- it looks so good sitting out -- I don't need to hide it away in the closet!  And it has a good amount of power for what I use it for -- small jobs.  I do have to keep it plugged in constantly, because it loses power SOOOOO quickly.  That's my main complaint -- if the mess takes more than a few seconds to clean up, it loses suction and I need to plug it back in and wait for it to recharge. The nozzle is also rounded in a way that won't let it get into corners.