Other Vacuums:

Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

POWERFUL for such a small vacuum PLEASED!

I bought this for cleaning an office that was basically just a couple of throw rugs. I must admit I was not expecting to be WOWED by this little vacuum! I ended up bringing it home and now it is all I use at home. It works great for my 3 bedroom rancher. This has a canister that is on the small side so it does need to be emptied more than your average size vacuum. I just make a habit of emptying it after every use. I am amazed of what this thing can pick up. It is very impressive the suction that this has on it. I tend to have horrible luck with vacuums and I have gone through several that seem to last 6 months and than bite the dust but this one has been making me happy for 2-3 years now. If you are elderly than this is lightweight and can easily be moved from room to room. The canister is lightweight. It is a smaller size overall so if you do not have a large space for storing the vacuum than this is perfect. I would say it is at least half the weight and half the overall size of your average size vacuum. I can't say enough about this vacuum. The downside would be if you have a larger home than this may not be the best choice for you. There are just 2 heads for the hose so that is something that could be improved in a future model and I don't get the results I do from the vacuum with the hose so I don't tend to use the hose often.

Maneuverability
Compact size makes it easy to get in and out of smaller places. Lightweight so easier to carry up stairs.

Ease of Maintenance
Canister is easily cleaned and easily removed and reinstalled. Filter access is easy enough. Rollers are easy to maintain

Suction Performance
Better than I could have ever dreamed of, just goes to show that size doesn't matter! Powerful on the level of the Dyson that I have always dreamed of owning until I found this!!

Versatility
Good for many different things, offices, throw rugs, small spaces.

Can not complain no problems

Surpasses any vacuum that I have owned....lasting 2-3 years now with no signs of needing replacing.

Life Cycle is Short

I was very excited to buy this Dirt Devil from my military exchange. The on board features looked really helpful, like a long wand, a brush, and another device meant to clean more kinds of surfaces. It has a cyclone canister and on the first use it will pick up a *lot* of dust. It made me feel I had made a smart decision for my family. It is light weight and easy to operate. The German word for vacuum cleaner translates to "dust sucker" which is a good description until you use it for the second or third time.

Maneuverability
Once again, this vacuum is light as a feather. It can slide under the bed, around easy chairs, and into narrow closet spaces. You can lower the front and even vacuum linoleum on the kitchen or bathroom floor. It is a little boxy on the floor, and the handle will be loose after just a few uses.

Ease of Maintenance
The canister is bagless, and gives a visual impression of being as good as those expensive foreign brands that promise never to lose suction. Once you empty the canister it is fairly easy to snap back in place, but after a few times, it does not seem to fit properly. The hose is thin and weak, and clogs quickly. I have very thin carpet and did not expect this kind of trouble.

Suction Performance
The first use is perfect. Despite cleaning it, emptying the canister, and taking what I thought was good care of the unit, it wasn't long at all before everything picked up would be spewed back onto the floor.

If you want to use it after that, have it serviced. That can cost half what the vacuum itself costs. If you get it done cheaply or for free, you will find you get what you pay for. This is a very frustrating vacuum to own, and I only kept mine a few weeks.

Versatility
It looks great, as if you can do hardwoods, curtains, dust the top of a tall credenza with the extension, and there is a nice narrow attachment perfect for baseboards. None of these will do you any good if your "dustsucker" becomes a dust blower.

The design looks good, user friendly, and thoughtful. None of that does any good if you cannot use it more than a couple times.

This product has zero durability. I have never seen a vacuum conk out so fast, except for a static sticky vac I owned a long time ago. Even taking it to the shop didn't extend the life of the poor thing.

This vacuum is definitely worth the price.

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I would definitely recommend this product to anybody looking for a great vacuum at an affordable price. It definitely exceeded my expectations by how easy it is to handle , making it faster to get both my carpet and my hard floor looking perfect. I am very happy with this product.

Maneuverability
I am impressed with how easy it is to vacuum with this. It definitely takes the stress out of doing the job , and makes it seem fun.

Ease of Maintenance
You will not have to spend much time at all getting rid of the dirt you vacuumed up. Very simple to remove dirt into trash, and place back onto the vacuum.

Suction Performance
This is a powerful suction in both the floor vacuum and the hose part to it.

Versatility
I get my vacuuming done in half the time I would with another vacuum because of the smooth and swift portability and flexibility this provides.

Not only does this look good in your house since it is not too big and it is really cute, but it is one of the most lightest vacuums I have used. I really love it.

Durability exceeds my expectations as well. Its like it belongs.

• Versatility:

OK for small carpeted areas

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I had this vacuum in college and it did a great job for the small area i needed it for. When I moved into a bigger place with more carpet I felt like it did not clean the carpets as well. It may be due to the type of carpet in each place, but I still feel like it did not work as well.

Maneuverability
It is lightweight and easy to move.

Ease of Maintenance
The dirt collector was easy to clean as it came off of the vacuum. I would wash it with soap and water and Clorox every few months. It also lasted all four years of college.

Suction Performance
I do not feel as though it had as great of suction as other vacuums I have had. It seemed to leave behind bigger pieces of dirt.

Versatility
I was able to use this on my linoleum floors as well as my carpets. I do not think it swept up the dirt as well on my non carpet floors.

It has a simple design which i like. I hate having to guess where the on and off switch is and how to get it to tilt. You can take one look at this vacuum and figure it out relatively quickly.

I had this vacuum for approximately four years and never had any issues with it.

• Versatility:

Lightweight but heavy duty!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

For the simplicity and price of this vacuum, I really cannot complain. I love the color red so that's an instant plus. I need lightweight due to chronic back problems, especially when carrying it up and down our three story home (steps). It runs quietly and gets into pretty tight spots and provides pretty decent suctioning power as well. If you're looking for a vacuum that does the basics and is no mess/no fuss with the bag less feature than this is the vacuum for you.

Maneuverability
It maneuvers smoothly due to its light weight style. However, since it's not a pivoting vacuum, you would need to use the attachment features in order to get into really tight spots or under things.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum has the bag less feature which is a must for me and our household. We have a child with asthma and a small toddler in the home so I cannot have all that dirt and dust flying around with the inconvenience of bags. I just take it outside and take out the cartridge and dump it in the large trash can and get back to business. Also, if something happens to get caught in the wheel, it's easy to take apart from the bottom, solve the issue and put it quickly back together.

Suction Performance
I've used/had vacuums with more suction and better performance but for the purpose and price of this more basic, light job vacuum, I cannot complain too much. I would say it has acceptable but not exceptional suction performance. Does great on low carpets and hard wood floors.

Versatility
It's compact, light weight, easy to change from attachment hoses to regular floor suction and is easy to empty the cartridge and fix if needed. I like it's versatility. It does great with switching from different carpet heights and from carpet to hard floors/surfaces.

Nothing too fancy but I love the red and it's nice for a basic vacuum.

I recently bought this vacuum so I can't say how long it will last but again, for the price and purpose of the vacuum, it seems to be pretty durable and I hope it lasts a couple years at least.

• Versatility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum lives up to its advertising. It is easy to maneuver, the attachments are easy to place and use.The attachments are also easy to store right on the vacuum itself. It is lightweight making it quicker to get things done, because even a quick pass has great suction. It has very powerful suction and works just as well on hard floors without scratching as it does on carpet. I love this vacuum.

• Versatility:

Once you go bagless, you never go back!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum is one of the cheaper vacuum cleaners and it is one of the better bagless vacuums. This vacuum cleaner was given to me by my Aunt at my house warming gathering a couple years ago. I liked this vacuum from jump and I was anxious to use it. The best feature this vacuum has is that it's bagless. It saved me time and money to not have to worry about purchasing vacuum bags and not having to take the time to try and replace the bag once it is full. I just pull out the container that is catching all the dirt and empty it in the trash can. This is a overall great vacuum cleaner. The one downside is it is not very strong. It doesn't have a lot of power behind it making it better for picking up dirt from the carpet. That's why I gave this bagless vacuum cleaner a 8 out of 10.

Maneuverability
This vacuum cleaner is made like the more traditional vacuum cleaners which makes it difficult to maneuver in tight hard to reach places. But the suction attachment on the vacuum cleaner helps get to those places that are hard to get to with the vacuum cleaner.

Works great

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I really have no complaints about this little vacuum. The Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus bagless Vacuum has worked great for me. I have a 5 bedroom house and it is very light weight and easy for me to vacuum the whole house with. Plenty of attachments for the stair, ceiling and furniture. I love not having to deal with a vacuum cleaner bag anymore. Just push the button, pull off canister and empty. We also have a dog and it even is good at getting the dog hair up which has been a problem for me with out vacuum cleaners. Main thing for me is being light enough for me to get up and down the stairs. in an ideal world I would just have one for upstairs too. I use it for vacuuming the car as. The hoses and fitting work great on the inside of our cars. For an inexpensive multiuse vacuum I would recommend this one.

Maneuverability
Easy to maneuver get in and out of places with out much effort.

Ease of Maintenance
Only maintenance I have had to do it empty the canister and that is very fast and easy to do .

Suction Performance
I'm sure there are vacuums with more suction power but for the price and what I need this one is just fine.

Versatility
Easy to move around. Even take with you if you need to clean somewhere else. I take it up and down the stairs. Ceilings, corners, cars it will vacuum what ever you need vacuumed

I have had very good luck with all my Dirt Devil products.

• Versatility:

Amazing budget vacuum cleaner!

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I have a lot of pets and therefore a lot of pet hair in my house. I have been amazed since day one as to how well the Dirt Devil Dynamite picks up that pet hair as well as other ground-in dirt and dust on the first sweep. I typically vacuum each room twice, once to fill the canister almost immediately and make the room "look" clean, and then a second time to pick up particles that I wasn't previously aware were there. No matter how many times in a row you sweep, it will keep filling up that canister and you will keep being amazed by just how much it is picking up. You'll also be slightly horrified to see just how much dirt and grime was being left behind by your other vacuum cleaners.
The Dirt Devil Dynamite is perfect for cleaning small spaces and stairs as well, as it is very lightweight and the handheld attachments pick up just as well as the main cleaner does. Recommend? Absolutely! I've told all my friends.

• Versatility:

Best vacuum ever for the price

from Statesboro, GA

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I can't say enough good about this vacuum. I bought this while I was a student in college. My roommate at the time decided it would be a good idea to get a dog so she went and got a puppy that started shading everywhere and of course she had no vacuum. Not only did this vacuum pick up all of the nasty dog hair that was laying around, it vaccumed up everything else in the house too! I now am married and have two small daughters and a, still using this vacuum. It has been about 7 years or so ago when I bought it and have had no problems whatsoever. The only thing that we ever have to do is change the filter and that is not even that often!

Maneuverability
It maneuveres alright back and forth but it does not go under things very well as it is kinds of bulky. I would say this is one of this particular vacuum cleaners strong points.

Never had any issues.

Suction Performance
I am constantly using it to clean up hair and it always sucks it up just fine!

Small & compact

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I have owned this vacuum for over 6 years! It is still working, it gets clogged from time to time but other than that it is pretty good quality. It is easy to take apart and clean out the clog. I also like that is small and I can store it anywhere in the house.

Very good.

• Versatility:

Lightweight and not so effective

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I got this vacuum cleaner one year back. I do not really regret buying this Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner. I generally use it for light cleaning. It's suction power is ok; it’s not meant for deep cleaning though. Before using this vacuum cleaner I have to make sure there are no cut pieces of plastics on the floor, otherwise it gets stuck in the suction pipe.
Once not noticing, I vacuumed over a cut corner of a plastic pouch and I have to use a stick to get it out from the pipe, which is really very messy.
One feature that I like in this vacuum cleaner is it being bag-less which reduces the cost of housekeeping. While emptying the can I just make sure to empty the can outdoors so that dust does not fly inside the house.

Ease of Maintenance
Filters are supposed to be changed every six months and are very easy to change. But I did not change the filter for 1 year; whenever I emptied the can I dusted the filter as well. Also if the belt wears out it has to be changed but it is a little hard to change it. The base has to be removed for the belt to be changed, which is a little time consuming.