3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

It's a breeze to use the Dirt Devil Breeze!

I bought the Dirt Devil Breeze at a time when I didn't have much money thinking it would do until I could do better.  Here it is five years later and i am still using my Dirt Devil!  The only part I have replaced is a belt one time.  The Breeze is light-weight  and easy to maneuver. It has great suction power.  It has on-board tools.  It has a much longer warranty period than most vacuums (not that you will ever need it).  No bags to buy!  Too bad more products aren't as reliable as the Dirt Devil Breeze!

It might be ok if i lived alone..and in a sterile bubble

Living with 2 teenagers (3 if you count my husband) 2 boxers and the cat i struggle to keep our house clean..ok neat anyway ..this vacuum was purchased after our first dirt devil sucked the tie from my robe into its motor and died. my husband bought it and i could end this story there,....     but for those who dont know my hubby ill continue..    the major problem with this vacuum is the fact you have to stop and empty the bagless container every 5 minutes..not because its full (im not that filthy) but because the filter needs to be slammed against the wall. it clogs easily and then nothing gets picked up..if i use carpet fresh i have to make sure i have all day to vacuum...the filter is my enemy...i have vacuumed a room over and over then used the brush attachment and found the brush would be covered with pet hair.that was not picked up ..the carpet looked clean but it wasnt...so i dont recommend it for pet owners. it does work for human hair and i know this because i have to vacuum the boys bathroom daily as well..an 18 yr old, a 13 yr old , and a 50 year old man all share a bath and they shed so much hair ( head hair, face hair, back hair, ass hair...)that i could weave a blanket with it if i only had a loom..instead i use the dirt devil and if it would clean up the pee on the floor surrounding the toilet then i would say its great..but i would never buy this vacuum again..so unless you like banging out the filter every 5 minutes and then cleaning up the dust cloud from doing so this is something to stay away from

Cheap. You get what you pay for

from Michigan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Inefficient
  • No Bag But Filters Clog
  • Poor Design

• Carpet
  • Hardwood Floors

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

Bought mine at a local store. It was cheap. And... you get exactly what you pay for. I have a tiny house with no pets. Few small carpeted rooms and a few even smaller vinyl ones. Didn't want to spend a lot on a spare house we only use occasionally.
Still the time I spend with this "bagless" CLEANING it's many parts just isn't worth it.

First. the red plastic thing that looks like it spins... "turbo." yea well it only spins because the air the thing pulls in MIGHT make it spin. Usually not. It just sits there as an object to collect hair and dust and clog real good. It has nothing to do with sucking in anything. In fact it probably costs some suction. The attachment that looks like it has a spinning brush, same thing. Not even enough suction to make that move at all. It does nothing.

No bags but... two filters at the bottom of the can need cleaning OFTEN. one can be done in the sink easy enough but the other.... not so much. Plan on buying those right off the bat while you can find them.

One word of warning. Be very mindful of where that cord is laying while you use the hose attachment. My daughter left the thing sitting on the cord and the brush for the carpet keeps right on spinning even though your not using it. Darn thing nearly burned right through the cord she left it sitting on.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Does the job

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

We bought this vacuum two years ago and the vacuum itself still work pretty well. Now days vacuums are mostly plastic, and the parts can break easier. One of the plastic tires falls off every time I use the machine from one room to the next. I just have to twist it back on the base. We have some thick carpets in our home, but we have mostly wood floors. The various settings on the vacuum suck up the dirt from both the carpets and wood floors great. We also have a wood burner insert in a brick fireplace. During the wintertime, our vacuum comes in handy when trying to get to those tiny wood particles and bit of ash in the cracks of the fireplace. It sucks it up very well. The vacuum also come with a variety of brushes and tubes to suck up the dirt. All vacuums make noise, but this one particularly makes a very loud noise. It makes my ears ring after I shut the machine off. Therefore, I wear ear plugs when I am vacuuming the house.

Poorly Designed!

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

The Dirt Devil Breeze bag-less vacuum has some nice innovations that make some operations easier that other brands, but the poorly designed dirt container and the fact that there is no way to adjust for different carpet heights makes for an overall poor design.

First I'll start with the good points. This unit is very light and easy to move around. It has some really cool innovations, like the suction hose from the dirt container to the power head can easily be removed with the click of a button. Tool-less removal helps a lot for taking off the hose and cleaning it when it gets clogged (like mine does all of the time). It has great suction power, and is able to suck up even large items.

That's about where the good points end. The dirt container has an upper part that is always getting clogged and has to be removed frequently even when the dirt container is not full. However, the worst part of this unit is the fact that there is no way to adjust for carpet pile. I have an area rug that is not a very high pile, but the rotating brush is so close to the carpet that it is slowed down or even stopped by the carpet pile, and there is no way to adjust for this. It is very annoying if you have carpet (which is why you bought the vacuum in the first place). I would recommend to stay away from this one and go with a different brand.

Great vacuum!

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

We have had this Dirt Devil for several years and it's still going strong! It is easy to use and does a great job picking up dirt/dust. You can buy replacement belts and filters online so remember to keep up the maintenance on this vacuum. Don't forgot to empty the dirt because once the canister is almost full this vacuum WILL start spitting dirt out all over the place and make a huge mess. Otherwise the suction power is pretty good. It's quite easy to maneuver. I wish it wasn't quite as heavy but it's not terrible. It is so nice that you never have to mess with a bag. Bagless vacuums are the way to go. You can adjust the vacuum to different types of floors. You can use it on hardwoods/vinyl/laminate or on carpet (and you can adjust for the pile of the carpet). This vacuum cleaner is very durable, easy to use, small enough to store in a coat closet, and decently priced. What's not to love?

• Versatility:

This is my backup vacuum

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

First of all, this is about one of the cheapest vacuums that you can buy. But I really like it. The suction is awesome for being so small, it will surprise you. The only downside, and it really bothers me, is that it is so loud. I would really recommend earplugs, it's that loud. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, though, this vacuum has great performance. I really like that it is small and can get into tight spaces. The hose and attachments are very handy for getting the baseboards and under couches and such. I like to have this vacuum around for my kids to help, so long as they wear earplugs, because it is so lightweight and easy for them to push around. If you have stairs, it would really be easy to pull up and down the stairs.

Maneuverability
It gets around and in tight spots very easily.

Easy to clean out.

Very good suction.

Versatility
Can do a wide array of vacuuming tasks

Lightweight and compact.

May not last forever, but I have had mine for a few years.

• Versatility:

Great for fast vacuuming on large rugs

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

I have been frustrated with vacuum cleaners my whole life, but I think I have been so with this Dirt Devil the least. Because it didn't cost a fortune, my expectations of it are lower, but it performs well for the price paid. It's a fairly simple machine, and its been more helpful with our large rugs than our far more expensive Eureka that frustrates me every time we use it.

Maneuverability
It is about average in how it maneuvers-seems like most other vacuums.

Ease of Maintenance
I love not needing to buy bags-they don't seem necessary since you get covered with dirt when you remove or empty bags anyway! I have not had trouble maintaining it.

Suction Performance
The suction isn't off the charts amazing, but it gets most dirt up-and most importantly, the cat and dog hair.

Versatility
It is about average in versatility, but I only use it on large rugs-we sweep and mop our floors.

The design is simple and smart.

It has taken a lot of banging around and hasn't lost suction or broken.

Powerful and Inexpensive!

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

I have owned two of these over the last four years. The one I use currently is for my downstairs as I have a Shark vacuum upstairs. It works wonders honestly. The reason I use it in the downstairs is because that is where most the carpeting is and where my cats like to play. This vacuum is amazing when considering how cheap you can buy it for. It is rather loud when ran, but it always picks up so much! I love it and would not trade it for any other vacuum. It is a bit heavier and a not as smooth to move around, but it does one fantastic job. The only part that is the downfall to this vacuum is that it is not as easy to get the filter completely cleaned out and so I find myself buying replacements every 2-3 months. I would highly recommend this vacuum.

Ease of Maintenance
The filter can be difficult to fully clean. I often replace mine every 2-3 months to keep it running well.

Suction Performance
The best you could ask for at such a low price. I am amazed by how much this machine picks up every time. It never loses suction either.

• Versatility:

Excellent product for small apartment or house .

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

Not the quietest machine, but works excellent on area rugs and non shag carpet. Canister is very easy to remove and empty.

Versatility
Not the greastest machine for hard floors with light dirt or dust bunnies. Tends to push dust ahead of it.

Made of lightweight plastics, so, would not reconmend for rough use.

• Versatility:

Low suction, difficult to maneuver, poor quality

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

The Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum M088160 is not good. About the only thing that is good about it is that it is bagless. But even then it is not easy to empty. But of course you don’t have to empty it often because the suction is not that great and it takes a while to fill. I bought this because I had heard a lot of good things about Dirt Devil vacuums and wanted something for my upstairs so I didn’t have to haul a vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs. I could use a broom and get about as good of results as I do from this Dirt Devil. Also the hoses are hard to use and not convenient. It does not push smoothly either which makes vacuuming take longer which no one can appreciate. It is light but seems cheaply made. Even the agitator brush doesn’t really help it pick up better. I think it just simply doesn’t have enough suction. I was really disappointed with this product and probably won't ever buy another Dirt Devil.

• Versatility:

Nice performance for such a small vacuum

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

We got this vacuum as a hand-me-down from neighbors who were moving, and my expectations were modest. I have been very pleasantly surprised at what a good job this little vacuum does. We have some rooms with wall-to-wall carpet, some with hardwood, and others with area rugs over wood. Our Dirt Devil cleans them all really well. It's easy to maneuver, and cleaning out the canister is a snap! It's small and light enough to bring to the garage to vacuum the car, too! The attachments make it even easier to get into crevices and/or clean delicate furniture and blinds.