Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Dial
Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap

Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap

Good soap - Keeps the smell of sweat away

This soap is good because it lathers up well, and has a pleasant scent. I have eczema, and this soap is good because it doesn't sting my skin. It doesn't dry out my skin either. I'm not saying it's really moisturizing, but it just doesn't make my skin peel, which matters. This soap is affordable, easy to find in stores, and you can buy big packs for cheap prices. Besides the fact that I don't like that the scent is "Gold" because it's not specific enough for me, I don't like that it's antibacterial. I've read in some places that antibacterial is good for use in hospitals only, and it's bad for the environment because it's not natural. But what matters is that it keeps the stink away very well.

This soap is very effective because it does what is says it does, which is being a good deodorant soap, and it does the job quite well. Whenever I feel sweat coming on, I smell the soap, instead of a nasty sweat smell. You can't smell it all the time, you can only smell it when you sweat. This soap keeps the stink away.

The scent is nice. Not the best, but okay. It's pleasant enough, it's not horrible, but what I don't like about the scent is that it just says "Gold". So? I want a more specific scent. Not just "Gold". "Gold" could mean anything! It's so secret. I want to know what the scent is. Like how other deodorant soaps from Dial says "Tropical Escape" with the tropical fruits on the wrapping. Or how the "Lavender and Twilight Jasmine" says what the scent is, and has pictures. I like fruity scents, or some types of floral scents. But the scent is still satisfying.

Not my favorite soap out there

Dial Gold soap does a good job of cleaning, but the smell is very boring and nothing special. I really do not like the color of the soap either. It is very yellowish/orange and not very appealing for a lady. I am sure this soap would be more appealing for my husband, but as a woman I would much prefer a cleaner and fresher scent like cucumber or something more girlish. My soap dish always looks so icky after using this soap as it is such a dark looking soap. The only reason I bought this soap was because Wal-greens had a deal for buy one get one free. I would most likely not buy this soap again unless it was an exceptional value which is definitely important during these economic times. Sometimes it doesn't matter if it is not the best smelling soap during these times as I believe it is the most important to save money. So if you are looking for something cheap and that cleans well you can buy Dial. If you are looking for something with a great scent look elsewhere.

I've been using this product for 20 years

from Oviedo Florida

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Good Value
  • Moisturizes
  • Pleasant Smell

• Baths
    • Daily Use
    • Showers
    • Travel

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

I've been using this product for 20 years and I love it I would never change it in the value is awesome plus it's antibacterial

my all time favorite

from deltona, Fl.

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
    • Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Good Value

• Baths
      • Daily Use
      • Showers
      • Travel

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

This is my all time favorite, i use this on my face and it seems to keep my acne prone skin somewhat under control, I use in the shower and makes my skin feel completely clean. Love that its doesnt seem harsh on my skin and doesnt dry it out.

Good soap

from Utah

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

I almost always use bar soap in the shower, and I rotate between a few options based on which is the cheapest. This Dial soap is often the cheapest, so I end up using it quite frequently. I am always happy with the results, and as long as it is cheap I will keep using it.

This soap does a great job at removing dirt, oil, and sweat from the skin. I have even used it to wash my hair in emergencies (such as traveling and my travel shampoo bottle was empty), and it works great for that as well. It lathers well onto a washcloth, and it doesn't take much soap to get my whole body clean. One downside is that it can be pretty difficult to get it completely rinsed out of the washcloth, so they can dry a little stiff.

This soap has a very pleasant scent. It is not overpowering, but it is strong enough to smell from more than a few feet away. Even passing by at eight or ten feet away, my wife will notice the pleasant smell of this soap after I have taken a shower.

Good soap - Keeps the smell of sweat away

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

When you want to go back to basics

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

I love my shower gels. I like to think of shower time as my own little getaway, my quick ten minute vacation. Scented shower gels give me that feeling of escape. I switch up scents like people change clothes. But sometimes you just have to get back to basics, and that's when Dial's antibacterial bar soaps come into play.
      Last year I was having a skin rash issue, and the doctor thought it might be an allergic reaction to something. He suggested using this soap to give my skin a break in case the reaction was caused by shower gel or laundry detergent. And I have to admit-I loved the soap. Nice, clean scent, just the right amount of lather-I certainly felt clean and refreshed after using it.
      Cut to this year and I need surgery. During recovery I was afraid of washing with something that might affect the incision sites, so I turned again to Dial. I figured with the soap being antibacterial it would work around my healing scars. And work it did. No problems with recovery, and I still felt fresh and clean. I still use my fun shower gels, but now I always keep Dial handy too, just in case.

Don't love it, but a good basic.

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

I've used this Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap before and thought it was okay. It's a good basic, everyday soap and is probably good for most skin types except maybe very dry skin. My husband uses it fairly often and likes it, but my skin is too dry to use it every day.

The main problem I have with this soap is that it is antibacterial. There are way too many antibacterial products out there. A plain and simple soap would be best. I don't need an antibacterial for every shower. But this soap works well as far as good cleaning and rinsing well. It has a nice lather and doesn't leave a residue. It's also pretty easy on the wallet, and you can usually find coupons for it.

It did make my skin a bit dry, and there's no way I could use it during winter.

The scent is pretty nice. The scent of this soap is very neutral. Men and women could both use it without it being too masculine or feminine a scent.

Must have

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

This Dial soap is the best soap to always have on hand. I have been using this soap for at least ten years and I never run out because I always have extra on hand. This is a great soap to use because it gets a great lather, is antibacterial, and leaves you feeling clean. I always use it, but make sure to switch it up every once in awhile especially during the winter because if this is the only soap you use it can leave your skin somewhat dry. It does have a great scent that is not too strong, but eliminates bad odors as well. One bar of soap will last you a long time even if you leave it in the shower and it stays wet; and it still works just as well even down to the last little square of soap. I recommend this to everyone because it does not cost an arm and a leg. Also, it is a trusted brand that many hospitals, doctors, hotels, and stores will use in their restrooms and as complimentary items. Anyone can keep this soap on hand.

Best Soap Ever

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

Hands down, Dial Antibacterial soap is the best soap ever. It’s been my number one choice when it comes to soap for the last few years. It’s the perfect soap.
      The gold is pretty awesome, the white is even better. I use Dial as my everyday showering, let’s get this body clean, soap. It’s all I’ve ever needed. And yes, I even use it to wash my face. Most ladies couldn’t imagine washing their faces with soap, but Dial has never hurt or damaged my skin and I’m pretty sure it’s antibacterial properties has helped keep me clear of any major breakouts that I used to experience with other soaps.
      The soap smells great; it’s a very crisp “clean” smell. It has a great lather and is pretty long lasting. Depending on where you’re shopping you can get it in packs of three, eight, and ten (from what I’ve seen/purchased), and the price only varies slightly between large chain retailers. The product isn’t dirt cheap, but it’s not overpriced either, it’s the perfect happy medium.

Cannot use this soap

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

Dial gold has been around forever and even thinking about it gives me goosebumps in a bad way. This stuff is antibacterial, which I believe is why it was often in my house when i was growing up. But I cannot stand the smell and feel of the soap. It smells awful, very strong and odd. I can't describe it well, it just does not smell good. And it strips skin of everything that makes it soft. I am left with dry feeling skin that itches so deep I can't stand it. This is the worst soap to have to use in the winter, you will never get the itch out no matter how much cream is used. I guess the only positive thing about it is that it is antibacterial, so you are getting yourself super clean when you use it and it would be good to use after handling raw meat. This is not enough reason for me to ever want to use this soap again. I can't completely figure out why everyone raves about this soap, my skin hates it.

Not my favorite but still okay!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Dial Gold Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap:

I have to say first off that this isn't a bad bar of soap. The Dial Gold Antibacterial soap is usually found at a good price and in most stores. It does the job of cleaning your body and leaving your skin feeling clean afterward. I am not a fan of the scent. It's okay, but it wouldn't be my top pick. This would be a good soap for everyone in the family. The scent would work for men or women, so that's a plus. The problem I have with it is that it isn't a good bar of soap for sensitive skin. It leaves my skin feeling tight. I also have eczema which it doesn't seem to help. It is more irritating to my skin than helpful. I still would use it from time to time, but I couldn't use it on a regular basis. If you are looking for a soap that will get you clean then this works. If you are looking for a soap to moisturize and soften your skin then this is not it. I probably won't be buying this soap again anytime soon. It is a good soap for some, but not others.

It does a good job of cleaning the skin. It doesn't work well on sensitive skin.

Some people really like the smell of this soap. I was not a big fan. It's just okay.