Other Diaper Rash Creams:
Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste

Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste

Pros

Cons

wonderful message from poison control!

When my son was born my youngest daughter was just shy of turning two. She managed to get into the diaperbag and ate half a tube of this stuff. I called poison control instantly as soon as I found out. They told me it was the safest diaper rash cream on the market as far as eating it gos. They told me some have some pretty horrible side effects but with this product even if she managed to suck down the entire tube the worst thing she would get is a tummy ack. I was so thankful I bought this one and not some other brand. She didn't feel to hot for a few, but she was fine. Not only was she ok, but I refuse to let any other brand enter my home! Accidents happen and should another one of my children get ahold of the cream at least I know what this product WON'T do to my children. It heals remarkably well but i wouldn't recommend it for really bad rashes as it might sting a little. But after one use it is amazing how much better the rash gets.

Pleasant to use, but not the most effective treatment.

The reason why Desitin Creamy is not the best choice for a serious rash is stated clearly on the front of the tube: *Goes On Smoothly & Wipes Off Easily*. The point of diaper rash cream is to cover the irritated area and protect it from wetness. If the cream wipes off easily, it's going to rub right off of the places she needs it when she moves around. Whatever stays behind might be good enough for some light irritation, but won't cut it for a bad rash. Slathers of smooth, creamy lotion must feel great during application. The addition of aloe and vitamin E are likely very soothing. Desitin also smells like somebody is baking some baby powder cookies, and I've always found it very pleasant. Too bad it isn't good at what it's supposed to do.

If this were a sunburn relief preparation, it would be golden. But for a baby on the go, in an area that is wrapped up in the culprit of its irritation, there needs to be a lot more zinc oxide and a lot less slipperyness. Pleasant as I find the fragrance, it's probably not helping matters. Even though they are tougher to apply and remove, stickier ointments are better for bad diaper rash.

Good basic diaper rash cream

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

This is a good standard diaper rash cream that can handle a light to moderate diaper rash. I like it because it helps protect the irritated skin and lets it heal. The consistency is pretty thick and not watery but it is easy to apply, even on a squirmy baby. It spreads easily also so you can cover an area quickly and diaper fast. I keep it in my diaper bag at all times. I see a difference in a diaper rash usually within one day using this cream. I also use it when it's hot and I think my baby might be subject to a diaper rash.

This cream is reliable because it provides relief pretty quickly plus allows the skin to heal. I like how it doesn't irritate my baby and gives good results.

Desitin - Crazy Good!

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

In my opinion, this "industrial" strength diaper rash paste is the best planet earth has to offer! It was initially recommended to me by my sister after my poor son came home from the park with the most awful diaper rash. It was a one mile walk and he was only two and a half! When I removed his diaper, his skin looked bubbly and burnt. I felt awful. His skin looked so raw I didn't know where to start because everything I did hurt him. Even a gentle cleansing bath to remove the particles was almost too much to bare, but I had to get him clean. Then, I gently dabbed a little Desitin Maximum Strength which was so thick, I could barely spread it on properly. It reminded me of contractor putty! Once this stuff was on, it stays "clinging" to its host! Then when it came time to change another diaper, the putty was still there - hence the doo-doo's had not touched his skin, hence there was no further irritation. It smells kind of chemically which did not in the least bit bother my son, and as my son made a miraculous recovery within 24 hours, didn't bother me either. From that day on, I always carried Desitin in my diaper bag.

Used for Both of my Babies

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

I have used this diaper rash cream with my kids and with both of them it has provided exceptional results. The paste is very thick and creamy, which is a quality that you want when baby has diaper rash. A small amount goes a long way. It is easy to spread, but i will say that it is so thick there can be a little bit of a mess if you're not careful.
The paste really works, too. Both of my little ones found instant relief once it was applied and I could tell that it really soothed them. Within just a few uses the diaper rash was clear and no longer a concern. Couldn't ask for a better product for baby!
For me the tubes of cream lasted forever. I'm not sure that I ever made it through a whole tube! And, although the smell wasn't peaches and cream, it wasn't as bad as what it could be.
This is the tried and true diaper rash cream that works!

Works as it promises, quickly and easily, relieves diaper rash and soothes on contact

Not one of ny favorites.

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

I dont see how this is even sold. The very few times ive used this my daughter ended up with even more of a diaper rash than before. My mother had 5 kids and ALL of us would get a huge rash when she tried using this. I dont understand how its made to help a diaper rash but in the end it just makes it much worse. I found it to be like cement and very hard to wash off once it was put on. Which, in turn, makes said diaper rash worse. Along with it just irritating it. I dont think ive ever met anyone who could use it on their child and its worked. All I can think about is how painful and uncomfortable it must be to have a rash (especially on that arwa!!) Then having someone put a cream on that makes it hurt more.

Again, its like cement once its on. So VERY hard to wash off. (not to mention how it must feel to the little one) then theres the problem of it irritating the diaper rash more. I dont see that it does anything for the rash in the first place.

works great for rashes of all types

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

When dealing with rashes of any kind Desitin works great. My daughter is allergic to certain diapers. Before I found the right ones, she had rashes. I came across Desitin while using other products. My daughter didn't cry while applying it and it worked longer than most other types. The scent isn't strong and the texture is smooth. The cream is thick so it covers and lasts long. I even used it for rashes on other parts of her body. Like when she had a rash on her neck due to formula and chafing. I would recommend this product to any mother who has children with rashes.

For mild to moderate rashes

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

I use this diaper rash cream for any first signs of a diaper rash. I also use it when we go on long car trips out of state to see family. Its really good at preventing diaper rashes too. Desitin Diaper Rash Cream helps all of my babys mild to moderate rashes. My baby has had some bad diaper rashes and Desitin Diaper Rash cream is the only one I trust and use with my baby. She seems comforted when I put it onto a rash and I see improvement and results after the first use. I use so much of it I keep a little stockpile stashed away. LOL

This is a great product to use. It's the only one I've ever used.You notice a difference in a rash after the first use. It's comforting for my baby to have this when she breaks out with a rash.

Fast Acting for Diaper Rash

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

My daughter got what seemed to be the onset of a diaper rash from some diapers that were given to me as a gift once she was born and I used the Desitin and within a day or two I could see results.

I had no issues with this product and much like it says, it works fast.

Perfect for my baby's sensitive skin.

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

This product works great at soothing and resolving diaper rash flare ups. It is kind of a heavy and messy ointment that seems to get every where and does end up staining somewhat, but it is great at clearing up rashes and soothing pain. We have used only the maximum strength variety and have been happy with it, so we haven't tried any of the other strengths. Diaper rash is best avoided in the first place, but, since that isn't always possible, this is a great remedy to have on hand.

This product is very effective on diaper rashes. We have seen our babies go from bawling from a rash to relief in a matter of seconds, so we really do trust this product. We usually see these rashes healed in a day or two, so we feel that it is fast-working and effective.

Skip original, just buy maximum strength.

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

I used to buy both original and maximum strength Desitin. Now I only buy maximum strength. If your baby has the slightest diaper rash, maximum strength seems to work 10x better and faster than original. It is thicker, more opaque, but unfortunately does smell more chemically. However it works so much better. This product only works well on a dry bottom. Make sure your babies bottom is completely dry, you can either dry with a rag or air dry for a few seconds after cleaning him/her up. I also found that this product is best applied with your own fingers even though it is messy. I used to squirt some directly on the babies bottom and try to smear it around with the diaper, but this just allows the diaper to absorb most of the cream. Original Desitin in the blue bottle is probably fine for daily preventative changes, but not once any sort of rash has actually developed. Just a word of caution, do not apply any form of Desitin to your babie's bottom and then use baby powder on top of that... it creates a horrid paste that is almost impossible to wipe completely off your babies bottom. I learned that the hard way!

Healing diaper ras in no time!

Comments about Desitin Maximum Strength Original Diaper Rash Paste:

See your baby in pain or discomfort due to diaper rash is one of a mother's worst nightmare. Desitin Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Cream really helps with those moderate diaper rash outbreaks. Just a precaution: if the rash continues spreading after 2-3 days of use or if the affected area develops bumps, bleeds, or has puss-like pustules, please contact your doctor. It might be a yeast infection, which can develop any warm moist place on the skin, an allergy from an ingested food, or a skin disorder. That being said, I highly recommend this product. Application is easy, but I found that the cream is a little thicker than regular Desitin and requires a quick softing, by rubbing it between your fingers, before applying. The product has a soothing quality when applied, so baby doesn't mind. Destin is messy, so definitely make sure you have a wipe nearby, but most baby products are. This product is one that every parent should keep in their cabinet.