Other Diaper Rash Creams:
Aquaphor

Pros

Cons

Worked for us, just as good for our newborn

A friend recommend the regular Aquahpor to us years ago as the best "ointment" for protecting new tattoos and it really is - After 36hours of tattoo work, I wished I discovered this product from the beginning. HOWEVER, this is a review of the baby Aquaphor. When we found out I was pregnant there were a lot of decisions, including what kind of protection for our baby's bottom. I was so excited when I found out there was a baby Aquaphor product. We've been using it with our newborn and it is every bit as good as the adult version. It's effective, not smelly or greasy, and it's gentle on her bottom.

Aquaphor Stays Put and Helps Heal

Aquaphor was recommended to me by my kids' pediatrician. I was given a free sample and liked it enough to purchase the gallon size. Just kidding - actually this large jar can actually last for quite a while.

What I like about Aquaphor:

- It is quite healing to a baby's sore bottom.

- It stays on the skin and is quite thick.

- It is clear and doesn't tend to stain clothing.

- It doesn't have a scent.

- It can also work well for those small boo-boos that need a little more than a kiss but not as much as an antibiotic cream. Top it off with a fun bandaid (I've reviewed lots of those) and usually you'll have a smile rather quickly!

- It lasts a long time because I don't tend to have to use it very often any more.

What I don't like about Aquaphor:

- It is rather pricey, but sometimes you get what you pay for with diaper rash products.

- It won't work for diaper rashes due to a yeast infection and several other infections, but for normal diaper rash, it works pretty well.

- It can feel kind of greasy and can stick to a diaper or underwear if put on thickly.

**My Viewpoint:**

Aquaphor is one of the tried and true products I have bought for all three of my kids. They tended to have very sensitive skin, and this can work pretty quickly for mild to normal diaper rash. It doesn't work for itching and rash related to a yeast infection, so it's best to check with a nurse or doctor if the baby has a rash and you aren't sure what it's from. The main drawback for me is the price and that I found Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment to work a little better on diaper rash.

Great healing porduct that works every time

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

Grat product. I use it for every skin ailment, even dry skin! I recieved the product as a sample and have never gone to something else. This is always my go to item in the house for healing. I absolutley love it and recommend it highly. There is nothing that I found that can compare to the overall effectiveness of this product.

The product always cuts down on healing time with no fuss and it always goes on easy and sooths right away. Aquaphore heals sores, diaper rash and cuts quickly without being painful. There's never any cryingb when the product is placed on the baby's skin. My baby always seems happy after I apply the product.

Love this stuff

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

I bought this for my daughter when she had a terrible diaper rash. I had tried many other types of cream and nothing was helping. I gave this a chance and I have loved it ever since. Her rash was terrible and was in so much pain. As soon as I put this on her bottom, I could tell she had relief. She was a different baby and not in pain. This really helped clear up her diaper rash very quickly. I have used it ever since on every diaper change now to avoid her getting a diaper rash.
She just began potty training so I stopped using the diaper cream. I found that her bottom started getting red again, maybe from not wiping very well since she is still learning, but I apply this cream in the morning before she goes to daycare and her bottom hasn't gotten red or irritated since.
This product works so well and was a miracle for me and my daughter.

Quick and fast relief, and long lasting.

Loved having this in the diaper bag!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

The Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is a must to have on hand in your diaper bag or at home. It is a great size at a decent price. I had originally received a sample of this product years ago and ended up using it for one of my children through the diaper stages and even past that. I have liked this a lot better than some of the other products out there. It works great for diaper rashes and even rashes that come up with teething and drooling. It's great for dry and chapped skin as well. This ointment does bring relief and healing faster than other ointments out there. I would use again and I would recommend this to others out there. The Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is one of the top products that I would want if I had another baby/toddler. It's awesome!

This ointment is great! It works better than I expected it to and faster.

Highly recommended!

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

This ointment is called "baby healing ointment" but, it's not just for babies, I use it myself and it helps out so much especially in the winter with really dry skin whenever your skin gets chapped and cracked. It also moisturizes your skin very well. Like for instance, whenever I use in on cracked sore skin, the very next day there is a noticeable difference in the crack, it's pretty much perfect in only a few days. I also use it when my kiddos have a diaper rash, and it helps it clear up so well, two of my babies have sensitive skin and they can't use most diaper rash creams but they can use this. This ointment clears up their rashes overnight, even the worst one's. It's a little bit pricey but it's totally worth it, and a little goes a long way. It does go on a little greasy so you have to let it dry a bit, but like I said it's totally worth it.

This stuff works wonders no joke, it's awesome and is a really great treatment ointment for many different things.

Works Great For Even Adults

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

I had a really bad case of the stomach flu. I was going to the bathroom about every five to ten minutes with watery stools. By that afternoon, I was becoming very raw, even though I made sure to wipe well after I went to the bathroom. So, I had to get some cream on the sore area, and I found this at my local drugstore. It worked great, by that night, I was totally healed. It didn't even burn when I went to the bathroom after I used this. It totally healed my burning bum!

I read reviews before purchasing this ointment that said how great it was and I totally agree. It's probably one of the best diaper rash ointments. If it can heal my sore bum that fast, I know it would work well on diaper rash. I highly recommend it not only for diaper rash, but for adult rashes also. I'm sure it will help skin chafing too.

Excellent lotion for babies, kids, and adults!

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

Aquaphor is one of the best healing ointments on the market! We use it in a pinch for diaper rash when we are out of our usual brand. One of the best uses that we have found for it is to put it on our son's legs prior to his swim lessons. He started getting rashes after we started him in swimming lessons at the age of 9 months. We thought the rashes were from a food allergy but the rashes kept appearing after we changed his diet. One day it just dawned on me that he may be reacting to the chemicals in the swimming pool so I slathered on Aquaphor on his legs prior to his lessons. Within a month, the rashes were pretty much gone! We continue to use it as a preventative measure to keep the rashes from recurring.

My husband and I also use this lotion during the winter when our hands are cracking from the dry weather and from the constant washing of dishes. The lotion works like a charm and usually within a day or two our hands are back to normal.

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

This stuff is awesome! My daughter used to get these horrible dry cracked eczema patches in the winter. I would rub some Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment on her twice a day and the patches would be almost completely gone within just a day or two. It is very gentle and soothing for dry cracked skin, does not burn at all. It is also great for a diaper rash cream, skin irritation on the face or even on the lips if they get chapped. It is great to use while any cuts or scrapes are healing to soothe and protect skin. I use this also on my dry hands and it works great.

This stuff does it all and well. It protects and soothes the skin from everything! Diaper rashes, dry cracked skin, cuts, scrapes, wind burn, chapped lips, and sunburn. I mainly used it for dry skin and diaper rash but it works great at healing and protecting baby's sensitive skin.

Baby Aquaphor

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

I first heard about baby Aquaphor when I received a tube at my baby shower before having my son! It has been one of my best friends throughout the diaper years. This one is made specifically for babies and it was very gentle and non irritating on my sons newborn and baby skin! He never had an extreme case of diaper rash because as soon as I noticed any sides of redness I would apply some Aquaphor cream and it helped prevent it from getting serious! This cream also works well when the diaper irritates the top of the leg and leaves that red mark from the diaper tape, I would just apply some of this cream along with a new diaper and my son would feel better in no time! I have recommended this product to all my friends who are embarking on their new parenting adventure because it was definitely a blessing to have this on hand when my son would have a bout of tummy trouble that would end up irritating his skin. Definetly recommend this product for all mommies!

Multiple uses for babies, kids and mom

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

For me, this is the absolute best stuff you can keep on hand for you and your kids. We use it for quite a few things. We started using it with our first child. He was on an antibiotic, which lead to lots of bowel movements which lead to terrible diaper rash. We used every brand we had of diaper rash cream. Our pediatrician recommended Aquaphor and we've used it ever since. I use it every other diaper change and my kids never have a rash. We also use it on chapped lips and hands in the winter. As well as scratches. It helps speed up the healing. My youngest also has sensitive spots on her face. She has red spots from time to time. We put the Aquaphor on before bed and everything is cleared up by morning. We've also had some eczema on both kids. Aquaphor didn't clear up the eczema completely, but it did help.
On the downside, Aquaphor does have a greasy feel. I don't mind it, but it doesn't absorb into the skin the way cream lotions do.

2 year old with extremely dry skin

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment:

Due to my son having an allergy to dairy, wheat, and eggs his skin is what takes the beating because of reactions to food, drinks, and detergents. I've bought the big tub and it does help with his skin. I like the thickness because it reminds me of Vaseline and it's not watery and messy that can really mess up clothes. I do have to reapply it about three to four times a day but it's better than the more than twelve times a day I'm use to. It's not very cheap so I buy it when I can afford because you just bite the bullet when you find something that works. And the large quantity helps too, because I did have another cream that worked but it didn't last long. the quantity was way less than what Aquaphor offers. It doesn't carry a smell so that was an extreme plus because who wants there kid smelling like a medicine cabinet. I tried a store brand of Aquaphor and it didn't work the same, it looked! the same but I found myself applying more than I used with the real deal. I have will continue this product because my long search for a remedy for dry skin is finall over

I didn't give it a 10 because I ran across product that works better but it's ridiculously expensive