1.7
DeepDiscount.com

DeepDiscount.com

1.7

Great DVD and CD Bargains at DeepDiscount.com

Among the gifts often purchased for holidays, birthdays, or other occasions, DVD's and CD's rank among the most popular. The reason is because movies and music have many fans- many of whom like to collect DVD and CD copies of everything they like. To help your music and movie lover expand his/her collection, one web site you might want to consider is **DeepDiscount.com. **Let's take a closer look at this online store: ** **** ****Online Store Commentary:**I have been using Deep Discount for the purchase of movie DVD's and music CD's for many years, and it has proven itself worthy of listing among my favorite places to purchase these types of merchandise and to use an informational source when I want to find out more about a movie or musical artist. The site is different when compared to a few years ago. In the not too distant past, Deep Discount was divided into separate stores for DVD and CD. Today, the site has combined everything into the single location on the web, deepdiscount.com. The site has also expanded over the years to offer more types of merchandise, even though I still consider Deep Discount as a place to buy DVD and CD.

Any online store that uses a name like Deep Discount should immediately be met with skepticism. The site implies, through its name, that it offers deeply discounted prices. A quick comparison between Deep Discount and other online retailers like, say, Amazon.com and CDUniverse, reveals that Deep Discount does, indeed, offer very good deals on music CD's and movie DVD's. Making direct comparisons between these different online stores reveals that, more often than not, DeepDiscount.com does offer a price that is either the lowest or tied for the lowest price with one of the other sites. Of course, my quick test does not mean that Deep Discount will offer the lowest prices every time. I have found that the CD and DVD prices are very competitive, but other items, like books, are more expensive at Deep Discount. Still, for the site's main areas of merchandise- music and movies- the deals offered at Deep Discount are very good.  Looking at some of the other aspects of Deep Discount, the site is very functional from a design perspective in spite of the excessive ads on the home page. Items can be found with relative ease also, and the site allows customers the ability to either browse categories or search for specific titles, actors, artists, etc. The search results can be extensive, so DeepDiscount.com allows you to sort your search either by most popular, by title, by price, or by most recent release. And the selection at DeepDiscount.com is very large for movies and music. It isn't very large for other categories, but the movies and music are among the most extensive found on the internet.

One of the main reasons people like to shop at Deep Discount is the free shipping. In fact, when you factor this into the equation, Deep Discount is going to be very tough to beat price- wise. Other shipping options are offered, but unless you need something delivered asap, free is the way to go. I also like the way Deep Discount defaults each order to Free Shipping. Many other web sites will default to one of the more expensive shipping methods, with the hope that some consumers will not notice or not realize that a free shipping option exists. Here, free shipping is the method defaulted to and every shopper is fully aware that this option is present.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Deepdiscount.com is one of the better online stores for purchasing music CD's and movie DVD's. With its huge selection, good product information, and free shipping options, it has most of what consumers want in an online store. The prices are not as good in other areas, but for music and movies, the prices at Deepdiscount.com are tough to beat. Add to that the free shipping and you have a web site that is certainly worth a look.

service, communication slow delivery issues lower rating.

I used to be a regular customer of** Deep Discount DVD**.  The prices were low, and the selection was good.  Since I didn't have to pay tax or shipping, the prices used to be the best ones out there.

Saving a buck meant I put up with the sometimes slow delivery times and I would use other sites to figure out what I wanted to buy rather than try to figure out from their inconsistent listings what I wanted.

Then I discovered that **Amazon prices** were often very close to **Deep Discounts**.  If you ordered at least $25 worth at Amazon you get free shipping and if paying the tax meant I paid a few more dollars for the DVDs well I would usually get what I ordered in a very timely fashion.

The other thing that changed is that I had a problem.  I ordered a special edition of a DVD and I got the wrong edition.    The item was mis-labeled on the site.  I wrote many many emails and it took me several weeks before my emails were answered by a live breathing person and not a bot.

I also challenged their prices several times and never would they match the lower price I found.  They say they will, but they have specific rules.   They will add a shipping charge to the price someone else charges even if you are not being charged for shipping.  They figure the site often or usually charges a shipping charge if you buy one item so, that's what the real price of the item from that site is.

I sent a few emails arguing this point with them, but it took several weeks before I received a reply.  They keep their costs low by not answering emails in a quick and timely fashion.

Most of the time I ordered from Deep Discount I got what I ordered and I saved money.   However, I don't have confidence in the site and won't recommend them because of their poor customer service and slow email response times.

Problem geting a refund with a cancel order

from CT

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

There's a problem with my order geting a refund but my order was cancel.

Was shipped the wrong part - company won't respond to calls

"We love to talk!
We're not afraid to talk to you. Need help or just don't like placing orders over the Net? Call Us Toll Free at 877-528-8995

Thanks for shopping with us!"

This is posted on their Facebook page. That comment is very comical!!! We ordered an element for our oven....they sent us a gasket for a refrigerator. We have called numerous times and emailed them. They don't answer their phone, nor have they returned our phone calls or emails. I checked with the BBB for this company. It's not accredited, but did have several complaints against it - all of which the company never responded to. We will be contacting our bank to have the charge disputed. This is a company that I would definitely NOT trust nor recommend ordering from.

Poor Service

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

Good assortment, ok prices, but awful service. They shipped the wrong order, charged my card anyway. The only way to get my money back was to send the items back at my own expense. I tried e-mailing them about this "problem" - They didn't care. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Good company

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

Haven't had any issues with this company. I purchased the Ghost Rider 2 DVD and it is on it's way. It was sent the same day I ordered it.

Whilst the email customer service team are useless the company itself is great :)

They duplicate orders then refuse refunds for returned items.

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

I can only repeat what most reviewers have said…AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY or you will surely come to regret it, as have I. Incompetently managed and/or blatantly dishonest…either way, STAY AWAY!

Please be aware that this is NOT the same reputable company with which I had successfully dealt for many years in the past. There has obviously been a change in ownership and/or management in the past few of years.

Among other nightmarish experiences of late, I am currently awaiting refunds for two orders THEY duplicated but were unable or unwilling to cancel. It has been over TWO MONTHS now and they’re still giving me the runaround. In light of their shady practices, terrible reputation, numerous complaints, incompetent customer service, etc., I will be surprised if they remain in business much longer.

A scam

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

I placed an order for a textbook ($69 at my bookstore, $47 on this sham of a site) on January 11. I read the horrible reviews of the site right after I placed the order, saying that the item never came/was "not available" after purchase. Stupidly, I thought it wouldn't happen to me. I hadn't heard about shipping over a week later, so I sent an e-mail on 1/19 asking about the status. Here was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We're sorry but the item you inquired about has been discontinued and is
no longer available. You have not been charged for this item. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you."

My mistake, I suppose, for not reading previous reviews, which would have told me that this is a very common occurrence. Not only did they list the item as available, but I had to INQUIRE in order for them to tell me that it wouldn't be coming. Good thing I e-mailed them... Oh yeah, and interestingly enough, I HAVE been charged the $50 as of the time that I placed the order and not refunded yet. Hopefully this sorry excuse for a company will go under soon. In the meantime, do not order from them. As everyone else has said, they lure you with their too-good-to-be-true prices and then don't deliver.

really bad service

from Olympia, WA

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

Placed on Dec 2nd one item arrived the other one shipped on Dec 12th didnt receive it yet. this company have serious shipping delay even with expedite shipping check there facebook page and you will see all kind of problems. last time I order from them.

Poor Customer Service And Poor Website Design

from Joliet, IL

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

While DeepDiscount.com's prices are very attractive, buyer beware.  I tried to purchase 3 video games for my kids for Christmas.  I placed the order on a Wednesday evening and the following Tuesday I decided to login to the site to check the status.  I found that all 3 of the items had been backordered and I was never notified.  I contacted customer support thru e-mail and they said the order was already in process and I would receive it in 5-10 days.  I told them it was backordered so I wanted it cancelled and they would not, still stating that the order was in progress.  After several e-mails back and forth, they suggested I call their 800 number so I did...several times for the next 2 days and every single time, the line was ringing a fast busy.  So after several more e-mails, I got a notification that 1 of the 3 items had shipped.  I then requested 2 more times to cancel the rest of the order and they did...  I just got the feeling that they were "dragging me along" just long enough to get the items in stock so they wouldn't loose the business.  I don't care how good their prices are, it's just not worth dealing with them again.

the best website for all your movie needs

from New London, NC

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

if you want to the best prices on dvd'd and cd's, dont miss out on this site. they have just about anything you want. and day in and day out have some of the cheapest prices around, by far. at least two times a year they have their big 20% off sales on already low prices. one very important thing. FREE SHIPPING!!! always! also they dont waste too much time getting it shipped either. plus many,many more deals to boot. ive shopped with them for a long time now and they havent failed me yet. try them out, youll be suprised.

Terrible customer service & failed their BBB accreditation

from New York, NY

Comments about DeepDiscount.com:

DO NOT order anything from Deepdiscount.com. Its accreditation from the Better Business Bureau was revoked because of bad business practices including: false advertising, delivery issues, customer services issues, refund & exchange issues and the list goes on and on and on.I sincerely wish I had looked them up before I tried to purchase anything with them. I am still having issues months later, they will not issue a refund or cancel the order (dispite the fact that they did not deliver it) and they refuse to let me speak to a manager or owner. They are owned by Infinity Resources which also owns: Spilsbury, Deep Discount DVD, DeepDiscountDVD.com, DeepDiscount.com, Ccvideo.com, Digital Eyes, The Video Collection, Critics' Choice Videos, Infinity Consumer Entertainment, Inc., DeepDiscount CD, Heartland Music, Collector's Choice, Planet Entertainment, DVD Planet, Video Collection, Hep Cat Records and Distribution, Collectors' Choice Music, Inc., Collectors Choice Music, Serenade Music, Critics Choice Video and Infinity EntertainmentAvoid these guys. Seriously worse than non-existent customer service.