Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:

DHC Antiox C Moisturizer

Skin Brightening Ingredients, but Oily Skin Need Not Apply

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about DHC Antiox C Moisturizer:

When will I learn? DHC is notorious for claiming that certain products are suitable for all skin types, but then when I use them my face ends up with an oil slick. Antiox C is a lightweight moisturizer that contains aloe, olive oil, skin brightening licorice, and the powerhouse antioxidants, vitamins C and E. The goal of this moisturizing skin treatment is to even skin tone, brighten your complexion, and fight the free-radical damage that ages skin.

I was excited about the ingredients, so I ordered a sample of Antiox C to test the texture of the lotion on my normal-to-oily skin. Antiox C was promisingly lightweight with a whipped lotion feel and no noticeable fragrance. After toning, I applied a thin amount of Antiox C allowing it to absorb well into the skin (which it did rather quickly). Then I waited

Doesn't Clog Pores
I honestly didn't use this long enough to determine whether or not it clogs pores. During my test run, my skin did get oily but I didn't experience any breakouts or irritation.

After about an hour, I checked my face in the mirror and saw that the Antiox C wasn't going to work for me. The dreaded oil slick was already apparent and I felt the need to wash it off immediately. Guess I should skip lotions and stick to moisturizing serums and gels, no matter what the label says. Based on the ingredient list, I think this probably does help even skin tone, but there's no way I could use it long term to find out for sure.

• Absorption: