2.8
Other Juicers:
Cuisinart
CCJ 500C
Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C

Summary

This elegant citrus juicer squeezes fresh juice quickly, cleanly, and easily. An adjustable, auto-reversing reamer squeezes more juice from the smallest lime or the largest grapefruit, with three pulp control settings -- low, medium, or high -- to select the amount of pulp desired. A unique final-spin feature maximizes the amount of juice from each piece of fruit. An extra-long, snap-up spout accommodates a large selection of glassware and prevents dripping. The juicer includes dishwasher-safe parts for easy cleanups. Colour/Pattern: Brushed stainless steel Materials: Stainless steel Care: Dishwasher safe parts Warranty: 3 years limited Product of China NOTE: Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer

Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C

2.8

Pros

Cons

Cuisinart Citrus Juicer

For the price, a great citrus juicer. It can juice anything from a small citrus fruit to a large grapefruit. Pros of this juicer are; the custom pulp control setting, auto-reverse reamer, and the final spin which really gets all the juice out of the pulp left behind. The cons are; the pulp tin fills up incredibly fast, it does not come with a pitcher or glass. It is dishwasher safe but I always hand wash and it comes clean fairly easily. My only other problem with this juicer besides the pulp overfilling, was that pulp did get in my juice. I strongly dislike pulp in my juices so for me this was quite annoying.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
It gets most of the pulp out but not all of it. The pulp catcher fills up very quickly if juicing larger oranges or grapefruits.

Stability While in Use
Was pretty quiet and did not move around at all.

It comes apart easily and is dishwasher safe.

Cuisinart is usually very good quality and this juicer is no different than other products in their line.

Versatility/Number of Features
It has a pulp collector and if you do the final spin it will squeeze all the juice left in the pulp to go in your glass.

Nice enough to leave out on the counter.

Regret the purchase

This product does not hold what is promises. I bought it at BBB because that was the only electric juicer brand they carried. I am glad that it was not expensive...Read complete review

This product does not hold what is promises. I bought it at BBB because that was the only electric juicer brand they carried. I am glad that it was not expensive (29.00).
My old juicer was a Krups. which started to unravel at the juice spout. After using the Cuisinart Juicer 3 times, I dug out the old Krups again. Unfortunateluy Krups is now only selling for 220Volt. The Cuisinart sits in the garage, collecting dust.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Useless feature. Either setting gets clogged after the first orange. Once the openings are clogged, only 1/3 of the juice is seeping through the spout into the container. I practically had to clean the cone after every 3 Orange halves. The inward curling lip on the cone makes it difficult to clean inside. I think without that inward lip this juicer would be a lot easier to operate and clean.

Stability While in Use
The stability is ok, even though the unit is lighter than other juicers.

Cleaning is not so good because of the inward curling lip on the cone. The outside always shows finger prints.

I don't know about the durability because I only used it 3 times.

Versatility/Number of Features
Versatility is a gimmick. All I want is an effective juicer, easy to clean with no bells and whistles.

The design leaves muich to be desired. The unit is too high, the pulp control is useless, the cone is a bit too small and the rim curling towards the inside is a disaster. If you don't want to get orange pulp between the bristles of the dishwasher brush, the only way to clean the cone inside is with an index inger.

Cuisinart Citrus Juicer

Stability While in Use
Was pretty quiet and did not move around at all.

It comes apart easily and is dishwasher safe.

Versatility/Number of Features

Nice enough to leave out on the counter.

Horrible!

from Kansas

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

We purchased the Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C at my job primarily to make fresh orange juice daily. This device didn't stay in the office long, I tossed this thing in the trash after a week and a half. It's a badly made product.

The main problem with the Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C is that it clogs. Every single time I used it, it would clog up. The part that catches the pulp is pretty much useless. It would literally take me half an hour to make some fresh orange juice because I spent most of the time trying to unclog it.

The other problem is trying to clean the device. The spout area is almost impossible to clean because of how it is shaped. It has a curved shape to it and it's really hard to clean it. I don't think I ever got the device clean actually because it always smelled like oranges. We tried letting it soak but it still continued to smell like oranges.

Do not buy this juicer. It just clogs up and is really difficult to clean.

Regret the purchase

Stability While in Use
The stability is ok, even though the unit is lighter than other juicers.

I don't know about the durability because I only used it 3 times.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

great citrus juicer very easy to use

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

Bought this as a gift for my boyfriend who loves to juice. This juicier is brest. It makes juicing citrus of any kind a breeze and it doesn't leave behind any wasted juice. Has three pulp settings which are very easy to use. Clean up is super quick and easy. The top pieces cone apart for easy cleaning in the sink. we use a little brush to make sure we get all the fruit out of the piece that traps the pulp. Have never had any problems with smells left behind and we have more than once left the removable pieces in the sink to be cleaned later. Once of the best gifts I have ever given my boyfriend absolutely loved it from the first use. It is super easy to use and is small and compact on our kitchen counter. For the price k don't think you could ask for a better citrus juicier. We have literally had zero complaints and I could tell my boyfriend was apprehensive when he first saw it not knowing what to expect.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

It works, but isn't great.

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

The Cuisinart Citrus Juicer seems like a good purchase at first, but over the past few months I began to notice a few issues and began to regret the purchase somewhat. It looks nice at first glance, the the Cuisinart, while in possession of a good brand name is not a very good juicer because it ends up clogged more times than not.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
It can set what ever you need on it.

Stability While in Use
Its a large unit and does not rock around much so that's a plus.

The units cleans up really easily and has a nice wipe dry exterior.

I don't think I would have any issues with durability as Cuisinart usually makes hardy products.

Versatility/Number of Features
It doesn't have a whole lot of features, but when it works it works alright.

It is a nice looking juicer...

Not worth the cost!

from Bulverde, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

I paid a lot for this juicer because of the cusinart name associated with it. In the past cusinart has always ben the top quality product for me. This was a big disappointment. It is not easy or simple to use and clogs up more often than not. I have found it to be difficult to clean and a smell remains after even soaking it for hours. I tried to use lemons to make juice even though I did not need the lemon juice bbecause I thought it would eliminate the smell that remained. It helped but the smell returned after a few more uses. It just seems that if you use your juicer as much as I use mine having so much trouble in keeping it clean becomes a deterrent to using it.

not true to setting

extremely poor.

Inefficient and messy

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

It can be fun to juice your own juices, but I prefer a small, old-fashioned one that does not plug in, but simply sits over a glass, to this one. With this juicer, when you press the fruit down to be juiced, the core of the juicer turns to extract the juice. However, it takes a good amount of pressure to get only some juice. When placing more downward pressure to extract more juice from the fruit, the juicer stops juicing. Also,the entire juicer often turns or moves across the counter as you push down, leaving a mess to clean up, as the juicer has moved away from the glass. After cleaning the counters and bottom of the juicer, we had to place a non-stick pad under the juicer to prevent such a problem.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

A big mess for not too much juice

from Silver Spring, MD

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

I got this juicer thinking that it would be good for juicing a couple of glasses of juice for my husband and myself. You do have to press down pretty hard to get the juice in the first place. There are also lots of parts to get dirty that have to be washed individually. Space is not a problem in my kitchen and if this worked a little better I might keep it out. I have a little glass juicer that works just as well that I use by hand and toss in the dishwasher.

Stability While in Use
It's hard to keep this stable when you have to push down so hard to press the fruit.

I dont' like having to wash all the parts and dry them separately. I'm afraid to put this in the dishwasher. I'm afraid that the plastic will bend or melt and it won't fit back together properly so I clean it by hand.

I'm not quick to use this so it will probably last a long time.

Good Efficient Citrus Juicer

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

This juicer does the job for citrus items. It is pretty simple to use and ONLY juices citrus items such as oranges, lemons, and limes. It works well and is very easy to use. I would recommend this to someone who does not want to purchase a big fancy juicer and instead just wants to make great lemonade or orange juice.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Good..But not worth the trouble..

from Medinah, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Citrus Juicer CCJ-500C:

I always wanted a juicer of this limited operation and quality..just for citrus..and when I bought this..I was a bit disappointed..too much to it to use..and you have to press the citrus down hard for it to do it's job..The unit is over kill in my opinion..I will use it for lemon aid and etc....but not worth the trouble or clean up...

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
It could be better...and not get clogged so easily....

Stable

easy

Have not used it for too long...so we will see

Too much machinery for what it does..