Other Juicers:

Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S

Pros

Cons

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Simply the best juicer out there.

We use our Champion juicer all the time. It is easy to use, even for little hands and it is simple to clean. I do recommend rinsing it immediately after using it because otherwise the bits can get sticky later.  You can put fairly large chunks of fruits and veggies in without clogging the machine and it is a powerhouse.  It is a large appliance but if you use it enough, I don't really feel like it is a counterspace waster.  It is also an attractive appliance- I get a lot of questions about it and juicing when people come over.  Juicing is a very healthy way to add foods to your diet that you normally avoid or don't  cook.  It is hard for me to get my leafy greens in because I am not much of a salad eater but juicing makes it a cinch.  If you use apples/pears and carrots as your base for all sweet drinks,  you cannot go wrong.  Beets are another thing we love to juice.  I love love love my Champion.

Champion Household Juicer is Better Than Nothing

My family decided to purchase the Champion Household Juicer GN-NG-853-S in the black model when the New Year approached and we wanted a healthier lifestyle. This juicer is great for juicing basic vegetables like carrots or cucumbers. However, when we experimented with other veggies, we were a bit more disappointed with the result. For starters, this juicer is unable to juice wheat grass and we didn't realize it until after we brought some home to try. Other vegetables are juicing adequate, but deep leafy greens seem to jam my machine a bit. What I like about this juicer is that I really don't seem to have a problem with the clean up. It certainly isn't the hardest juicer to clean. I'm not sure if I would recommend it at the price point it sits at now. For its price, I would have preferred a juicer that doesn't clog when I try to juice kale and spinach. Also, my juices have come out warmer with the leafy recipes as apposed to carrot juices and I think there are better options for those who want the most from a juicer.

Heavy Duty Juicer

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

This is a very heavy duty juicer. And when I say heavy, I mean that literally. You'll need some strength to push down the veggies. It isn't hard to clean, just hard to dismantle. Again it takes some muscle. It really extracts the juice well. We've had ours several years and are still very happy with it.

Champion Household Juicer is Better Than Nothing

from Nampa, ID

• Versatility/Number of Features:

One of the best on the market!

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

Well, my juicer is pretty old and and did not get it brand new, but it works like a clock :). Ok, not really, cause it's a juicer. It's very powerful and extremely durable. It is relatively easy to clean, part come of leaving just the core on the motor, so you can wash everything with easy. The only stumble stone in cleaning for me though would be cleaning the core itself, cause it's got texture and you really have to get in every crevice. Plus the machine is so heavy, it's very hard to move it to and from the sink. The other downfall would be a lack of a compartment for pulp, you need to watch both end so nothing spills over. So even though this machine is not perfect in its design, the way it makes juice makes up for everything. The juice comes out so clean and smooth, it never gets stuck. One I ran a mature coconut meat through it and got heavenly coconut cream.

Stability While in Use
Super stable. The way it's made and the motor makes it so heavy and wide so you will never experience any issues

Great with cleaning parts, but not so much with cleaning the core element, because it's attached to a heavy motor and because it's got texture. Bot of these specifications make it inconvenient

Superb. Would juice a rock and lasts for years

Versatility/Number of Features
Does not any bonus features, it's a very basic juicer in this regard

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Great for juicing and sauses

from Redwood City, CA

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

This has been my Mom's juicer of choice for a long, long time. It's fairly straight forward to use, just fit the parts on, plug it in, and stuff veggies or fruit down the tube with the plastic pusher. The juice comes out through a filter at the bottom and the dried out leftovers ooze out of the circular opening at the end. I've always been amazed at how dry the extra stuff is coming out the end. This is a very powerful juicer and you get a lot for the amount you put in. The only part I hate however is cleaning the different parts afterwards. If the parts don't get taken off right away or its been in use for a while, sometimes it's hard to get them off. Then it's amazing where the veggie skins and shreds will have pushed into. Overall, it does a great job, just be ready for some serious clean up...

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
There's only one setting, on or off.

Stability While in Use
There is a lot of humming and some vibration, but it sticks in place.

This is the one downside, it's pretty annoying to clean the different parts.

My mom has had hers for years with no problems. She's had to replace a part though.

Versatility/Number of Features
Lots of things you can do with it, but it's not very changeable.

It doesn't look pretty, but it does a good job.

best there is

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

it is what it is. Makes a perfect juice!

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
dont think it even has a pulpsetting on it.

Stability While in Use
kid friendly, heavy so it doesnt move around while putting food through it.

its a gross job, but it needs to be done.

kids LOVE to help mommy and or daddy put the fruits and veggies in. Heavy machine, but kid friendly

Versatility/Number of Features
you can buy differant blades to do differant things, such as wheat grass

what more can you ask for, it is what it is. Just wish it was smaller, takes up alot of space on the couter top

Slow, messy, but quiet

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

This juicer works well for root vegetables. Its ok for leafy and poor for juicy fruits. It feeds slowly and required force at times. The pulp on roots is perfect, like saw dust, but leafy and juicy things have to be run twice.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Like i said above it has different levels of effectiveness depending on the fruit/vegetable

Stability While in Use
Some parts move when force is needed, making other parts leak

All juicers are a pain to clean, its hard to dissasemble for cleaning.

This juicer has kept working through three users over the years

Versatility/Number of Features
There are only two features. On and off. I think you can add a wheatgrass attachment, but I haven't looked for it, i just push wheatgrass though and hope for the best.

They did the best they could with this style of juicer

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Solid juicer...worth it's weight!

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

This juicer is a serious juicer and for the household that takes its juicing seriously. It is tedious to assembly and clean but once you get the hang of it, can be done rather swiftly and with ease. It is heavy so you will want to have counter space to leave it out if juicing is part of your lifestyle (or you can do weightlifting and lift it up and down--it weighs 20+ pounds). We mainly juiced carrots and it did a good job with them. Often we would put apples in with the carrots and it could handle the apples well. Sometimes we would add a sweet potato or two. But we were not adventuresome with our juicing so I don't know how it would handle greens, etc. We did put frozen bananas in it and made "ice cream" and it seemed to handle that well. But we didn't to it often because it took a lot of bananas!

Champion Juicer

from Brookville, OH

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

We received the champion juicer as a wedding present from my mother and father in law. They are avid juicers and have had their juicer for many years. My husband and I have only used our juicer on a couple of occlusions but it has juiced very well. You can use the juicer to juice fruit and vegetables as well as many other uses. They provide a book that has several different helpful recipes to make tasty dishes.
I admit the book didn't give very good instruction on how to use the juicer the first time I was making juice. I didn't realize that you needed to put the measuring cup provided under the middle juicer part. We find it very helpful to put a plastic bag at the end of the juicer so the pulp can be thrown away very easily.
You need to make sure you rinse out the pieces of the machine right away so it's easy to clean afterwards. Remember to only wash the parts in cold water as directed as well so you won't ruin your machine. I would highly recommend this juicer to anyone in the market of buying one even if it expensive its worth the money and will be useful to the years to come!

• Versatility/Number of Features:

champion juicer is expensive but great value

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

The Champion International Juice Extractor is an awesomely useful and effective kitchen tool. If you are serious about wanting to make juice a lot then you should consider getting one of these. It's true that the Champion Juice Extractor is one of the expensive one, but if you ever find a discount one go for it and you won't regret it. The only other problem is that you had better make sure you clean it thoroughly, but that's just a fact of life when it comes to something like this. All in all, I feel like the range of possibilities for juice recipes you can accomplish with a Champion Juice Extractor makes it pretty worth it. Ours has I don't know how many years in it but it's goibg strong anyway.

Champion Juicers are THE BEST

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Champion Household Juicer G5-NG-853-S:

I love my Champion juicer! My mom has had a Champion International Household Juice Extractor since the early 80's and it still works like new! These are built to last. This high powered juicer can be used to make everything from super healthy pulp free juice to fresh nut butters and ice cream! The only con is that it is fairly heavy and kind of large but you will never have to buy another juicer again!

We try to make juice daily and it is so nice that Champion juicers are extremely easy to take apart and put back together, which makes cleaning a breeze. As long as you rinse the parts right away ittakes less than five minutes to clean up everything. Nothing is better then starting the day out with fresh amazing juice!