Other Waffle Makers:
Cuisinart
WAF-4B
Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker

Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker

How do I stop it from beeping SO much???

I purchased this as a Father's Day gift for my husband who loves to make waffles. He's an excellent chef! I don't want to rain on his parade....but the beeping of this machine is driving me totally nuts....especially when he's getting up to make such a lovely breakfast and I'm awoken to this annoying beeping. I get the machine beeps when it's at temperature, or if the waffles are cooked....but what's with all the beeps in between....hugely annoying. If anyone knows how to "de-beep" this waffle maker do tell!

Do you prefer your waffles with or without a mess?

We got this waffle maker as a wedding gift and have used it several times. I must say up-front that I am not the best breakfast cook to begin with but this machine has definately not helped my case. It's my fault if the waffles taste aweful but I read a review that mentioned a similar problem to what I have been finding so I know that I'm not completely out on my own limb, at least :). It is incredibly hard to tell how much batter to put in it each time and when I judge over the amount it makes an incredible mess that is very difficult to clean off the machine. The non-stick surface works fine for the most part but as soon as it oozes out the sides just a little it bakes onto the outside of the machine and is nearly impossible to clean. I've had to leave a damp cloth on it more than one time with hopes that it would eventually make it easier to scrub the batter off. And there are some crevaces that I don't think it'll ever come out of. With time it would probably become more natural to know how much to put in...but I do know I'm not the only one (read some more of the reviews on viewpoint) who has had to deal with this.

I can't complain entirely because that would be unfair to the whole of the product. It does make good waffles and has easy to use heat settings as well as a timer that seems to be fairly accurate in the cooking of the waffles.

How do I stop it from beeping SO much???

from Canada

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• Difficult to Clean

Cusinart Belgian Waffle Maker

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

Great product for a large family. Makes crisp waffles that are evenly cooked. Temperature controls let you adjust the browning level.

Cooks evenly and quickly. Makes large waffles so it's great for a family.

Settings/Features
      You can control the level of browning so you can make crisp waffles. I like the fact that it has a loud buzzer to let you know when it's heated and ready to put the batter in and then lets you know when it's finished. You don't have to stand over the product waiting for it to cook.

I'm able to wipe this unit clean with very little effort. A warm sudsy sponge does the trick.

There's nothing to this unit. Plug it in, the orange light goes on and it turns green when it's ready. Put the batter in, and it beeps when it's ready. Waffles lift out easily and don't break apart.

I use this product on a regular basis and I've never had a problem with it. It stands up to a lot of use making multiple waffles for one meal.

• Settings/Features:

My Cuisinart Waf-45 takes wafflemaking to a new level!

from Exeter, CA

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

My first experience with my Cuisinart Waf-45 was when it was given to me by my father-in-law who had bought it for himself. He infomed me that it was "too complicated" and was tired of messing with it. I thought to myself "how complicate can a wafflemaker be?" I soon found out. This wafflemaker has two lights; red for heating up and green for ready along with a beep. No problem. The non-stick cooking surface heats evenly as testimony of the sound of the sizzling batter when poured onto the cooking plates. When the lid is closed the batter is evenly distributed throughout the plates and cooking commences. What I didn't know is that the lid locks and will not come unlocked until you hear a beep announcing that the waffle is done. I have to admit I got a little panicky when I couldn't open the waffle iron to "check" my waffle. I figured it would be burnt by the time it finally unlocked. Fortunately the waffle iron was smarter that the user and the waffle came out golden and lovely. I have not had one problem with it since.

Do you prefer your waffles with or without a mess?

from Fort Worth, TX

AWESOME WAFFLE MAKER!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

I love this waffle maker it almost NEVER sticks, and works so quickly! It heats very evenly and is so simple to use. My 12 year old daughter uses this waffle maker alone quite often and she has never made a mess or messed anything up! After buying this product for my own home I ended up gifting out 3 others to friends and family members! It is a bit heavy, but works well if it isnt moved very often. The beeping sound it makes is a little loud, but over all it is great and makes your waffles look and taste great! I would recommend this to anyone! Very affordable, and the appearance will match most modern kitchens now days. Oh! one more thing, YOU CAN COOK 4 WAFFLES AT A TIME!

yum...waffles!

from Arlington Heights, IL

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

I asked for a waffle maker for my last birthday and my mother in law picked out this one for me. I absolutely LOVE it! I wanted a waffle maker because my son loves waffles for breakfast (as to my husband and I). I love homemade waffle sbut in reality how often do we make homemade waffles in the morning. I was buying lots of frozen waffles and the price of those can really add up, not to mention that the all natural, organic, no preservative waffles are super expensive. I love being able to make a large batch (or even two or three) of waffles in the morning for my son, husband, and I to enjoy. I then freeze all the leftovers and we can have homemade all natural waffles for breakfast whenever we want!!! This waffle maker is SO worth it!

Makes wonderful waffles...

from Vestal, NY

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

This is the MOTHER of all waffle makers. Before buying this one I had a small 1 waffle maker that lasted quite a while. But after having 6 children I wanted a waffle maker that makes more then one waffle. I did not do much research before buying this maker. I was in Kohls one day and saw this one and decided to give it a try. I could not be happier. This waffle maker makes wonderfully, fluffhy pancakes no matter what. The maker makes my waffles turn out perfect. The only thing that happened with this waffle maker is the dial broke off. I tried to push it back on, but it is still broken. I just plug my iron in and it still works just fine. Since I have no dial I am unable to change the brownness of my waffles, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. I really love how when my waffles are done the iron will beep. No more lifting the waffle iron to find the waffle is not done and is still runny, which almost always ruined the waffles.

The Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker is super easy to use!

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

My husband actually registered for the Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker for our wedding, and so I wasn't too excited about getting it as a shower gift.  The first time I used it, however, my excitment could not be contained! This waffle maker is amazing! It is so easy to use, and very easy to clean up.  The settings on it are perfect - I have yet to burn a waffle or have one come out not cooked all the way through.  And since you can make four waffles at once, I don't have to worry about taking forever to make waffles on weekends.  It's also nice to make up a really big batch of them and then freeze them for breakfasts during the week.  This waffle maker definitely makes nice, big, fluffy waffles with deep pockets perfect for filling with butter and maple syrup.  And it has a fairly compact design, so it's really easy to store when it's not being used.  I would definitely recomment this waffle maker to anyone.

Cuisinart could do better than this waffle maker

from Saginaw, MI

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

My husband bought me the Cuisinart 4-slice Waffle Maker for Christmas. Of course he gave it to me early so I could make waffles for everyone Christmas morning. Ha Ha I guess this waffle maker works okay, but I would have picked out something different. First, it's just to small if you're cooking for more than two people. We have 5 in our family and it takes about 60-90 seconds each batch. That means the kids are arguing over who gets the next one. That problem could be avoided by simply purchasing the 6-slice machine.

The non-stick surface seems to work well. It's been used over and over now and I have no problem with the non-stick material flaking off or anything. It seems durable and well made, even if the it's-done! beeper sounds like a dying seal.

My biggest complaint and the reason I didn't give it five stars, is that it's difficult to judge how much batter to put in the mold and it's ridiculously stupid to clean. If you use too much batter, and you will no matter how careful you are, the batter will ooze out the side and cook inside every crevice of the machine. Agh! Other makes and models will ooze out too, but these Cuisinart Crevices will annoy you  - and first thing in the morning too! After breakfast, when you are using a toothbrush to clean the machine out, you will be wishing you listened to me and considered other brands.

cuisnart 4 slice belgian waffle maker makes THE BEST waffles

from Altmar, NY

Comments about Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker:

I bough the cuisinart waffle about 6 months ago and am absolutely in love with it!  Its made of heavy duty materials and has several settings for you to choose how light or dark you want them.  You plug it in, wait for the light which is red to turn green and pour your batter in.  It also comes with this fantastic beeping sound to let you know when the waffles are ready.  Its vey loud and can hear it easily, even the elderly.  I have not once had any waffles stick to it, they come right out.with ease. I spray them down prior to pouring the batter on, but honestly not sure if you even have to do that. The cooking plates DO NOT come out for clean up which is always nice but I do find that machines that tend to do that are not made as well.  It really doesn't matter though with this maker, clean up is a breeze.  Just take a slightly soapy rag and wipe it down, another one to rinse off any residue.  Easy breezy.