Other Flat Irons:
Cortex
MINI-BK
Cortex Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch

Cortex Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch

Durable flat iron that heats up hot and fast.

from Cashmere, WA

Comments about Cortex Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch:

The Cortex is a really great flat iron. I usually buy the cheap Revlon flat irons that last me 1 1/2 to 2 years and then I have to buy a new one. I found this flat iron on amazon.com for an amazing price and decided to give it a try. I am very happy with this Cortex flat iron. It heats up really fast (and really hot) and feels a lot sturdier than others I have used. The cord is also very long, and it doesn't get all twisted up like the Revlon brand.

I use it almost every day to slightly curl my hair and it works great.

It's very sturdy feeling and seems to be holding up really well.

Great Flat Iron With a Great Price

from Davenport, IA

Comments about Cortex Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch:

I tried this flat iron when my old one died. I found it at Marshals for a great price and it works really well. I knew i needed one with the turn on switch on the inside so I wouldn't have to worry about turning it off when I was doing my hair and I knew I needed it to be very hot since I have very thick wavy corse hair and it goes up to 450 and it does not snag my hair when I pull it though. Overall it is a great flat iron one i would totally recommend to anyone looking for one at a great price. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because it doesn't seem to work as great as my old one that died. I seem to have to work harder or run it though my hair several more times than I did my old one even though this one is hotter than my old one, plus when I used to straighten my hair with my old one it would last a lot longer I would hardly have to touch it up the following day but this one I have to re do it in certain areas the following day so the style doesn't last as long.

Cortex Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch Review

from Sterling, NY

Comments about Cortex Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch:

This is one of the best purchases that I have ever made!!!!! This is the best quality flat iron that you can get. It heats up in less than thirty seconds and it has a light that is red when you turn it on, then once it is hot enough to use, the light turns green, and it also allows you to change the temperature with a dial. The lowest heat is 140 and the hottest heat is 410. This both straightens and curls my hair perfectly. I straighten my hair at least every other day, if not every day and this is the only flat iron that I will use. This flat iron makes your hair shiny, but not greasy, when used with a heat protectant ( I use the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray). This flat iron also comes in many different colors (black, red, pink etc.) and patterns (giraffe print, zebra print etc.). The end of the chord that is attached to the flat iron is a swivvel cord so that it wont get twisted when you try to curl your hair with it!

This product is bipolar.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Cortex Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch:

Okay so I'm torn in the middle by this hair straightener. First off, I'll tell you that my hair is pretty straight. I bought a straightener for those days when my hair just does not want to work with me. I was at Marshalls, saw this one, and bought it. This hair straightener changes it's mood with me everyday. One day it will straighten my hair and do an amazing job. The next day, I will use the same temperature and technique and my hair will just get burnt. It's a bit of a disappointment for me. Also on the back it has a light that is red when it's not ready and green when it is ready. For the past few weeks it seems like it has been malfunctioning. I'll let it heat up for five minutes, which is more than it should take, and then I'll pick it up, run it through my hair *once* and then the light turns from green to red. I'm completely perplexed by this! Overall, I wouldn't say this product is terrible. For the price I got it for, I am willing to put up with it's changing emotions and let it straighten when it wants to straighten.