3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Protect your Water Baby with Coppetone Water Babies Spray

Although the sun can sometimes feel like a mythical legend here in Michigan since we don’t see it very often, when it does come out it is powerful and dangerous to sensitive baby skin (adults too but that’s another review). With a family history of melanoma (skin cancer) I don’t want to take any chances with my little ones. I’m not really a fan of keeping my 2-year old cooped up in the house so Coppertone Water Babies helps me feel confident about having them out in the wonderful sun. My mom thought the Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen Spray would be perfect for a little one. It is... with one exception.Water Babies is a SPF 50 sunscreen, which is pretty heavy duty sunburn protection, that comes in spray bottle for easy application. Though it does ensure you don’t over squeeze sunscreen into your hand, the spray isn’t much easier that a regular lotion bottle. Since my guys are little and wiggle around a lot I tend to spray the lotion in my hand to apply. Even if I do spray it on, the sunscreen still needs to be rubbed in to ensure an even coating or they would end up with reverse freckles. As the name implies, Coppertone Water Babies is considered a waterproof sunscreen. Numerous times we have use this around water with absolutely no problem and no burnt kiddos. SPF 50 provides a great amount of burn protection. Last summer when Little Man lived in his pool he was always coated prior to entering the pool and never had a burn and really just a mild tan. This summer, when the nanny has taken the kids to the beach for the day, I noticed she had missed a spot because there was a distinct between ale skin and sunburn. The lotion itself is a good consistency. Once I have it either in my hand or on the kids it stays in place until I can get to it. There is also a mild baby powder-ish scent and neither of my boys have had any skin irritations from it, though they aren’t prone to sensitive skin either. Our Water Babies bottle has lasted through 2 full summers going on the third and is really only half gone. Overall Coppertone has been a trusted brand for a long time and Water Babies has done its job with my little ones. There have been no major sunburns in at least 3 summers (on the kids anyway).

Wish Coppertone could Spray my Money Back

I must admit, love the smell of Water Babies and when I saw, or when my son saw that many of his friends had this new spray on sunscreen, I caved and bought it. Or rather, sent my husband to get it. And, it is not as great as it seems. Great idea in theory but you still have to rub it in. So, it is not as if it just comes out of the can and it is immediately dispersed all over the body. And, of course, you don't want to spray it directly onto the face, but rather into the palm of your hand and then onto any part of your body or face. And it comes out VERY cold, which is no fun. There is some sort of smell that is much different from the lovely childhood memory of the old Coppertone smell that I remember. Again, great concept but save your money and stick with the old-fashioned lotion. It is just a gimmick and surely won't last. Sort of like the toothpaste companies trying something new and they think they are coming up with something that either parents or kids will be sucked into buying. They were right!

This is not my favorite sunscreen!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Quick Cover Lotion Spray Sunscreen SPF 50:

I think that Coppertone is a good sunscreen, but I am not as big on this quick cover one. I would still use it because I like that it is SPF 50 and it does protect your babies skin. My problem is that it is pretty greasy. I find that it doesn't soak in as well as the regular baby sunscreen that doesn't spray out. I like that this is faster and if you are in a hurry it could be handy. For some reason I just have a lot easier time with the rub on kind for this brand. I have used other spray on sunscreens that are not as oily. I can't say that this one is bad. It does work. I would just prefer others over it.

It is effective in protecting skin. It does seem to take longer to soak in and I find that it can get into little eyes easier.

It just smells like sunscreen to me. I find that most sunscreens all smell the same.

Absorption
It does absorb, but it seems to take longer. For some reason other sunscreens seem to soak in better and they are not as greasy/oily.

Not the Best baby sunscreen I have tried

from SalemNY

From the time my daughter was born til today, we have always used sunscreen on her pale skin the minute we went outdoors. I have tried various brands of sunscreens in both traditional bottle form to sprays and have really wanted to like the Coppertone Water Babies Quick Cover Lotion Spray Sunscreen SPF 50. It sprays a foamy type lotion which does have to be massaged into the skin so it absorbs well. It gives great coverage and has high spf so my childs skin is protected. I have noticed that if she is around or playing in the pool, it doesnt last very long as has to be reapplied often. This isn't a spray and go sunscreen, it still requires you to rub it into the skin which I thought was a little disappointing. For the price, it is expensive, I will be sticking to a regular lotion sunscreen since I still have to rub the loion in. The spray nozzle doesn't really do much besides direct it onto the skin which I can do myself with a better priced sunscreen.

Protects skin well, has great spf coverage.

Typical sunscreen smell.

Absorption
Can't spray and go (what is the sense of spray sunscreen if you still have to rub it in?). Has to be rubbed into skin or it doesn't provide full coverage and won't absorb well.

awesome baby sunscreen

I've tried every brand, every spf and every scent. Nothing works as good as coppertone. Living in florida and having two 5 month old girls makes things complicated when it comes to being outside. Both my girls also have very sensitive skin so I had to find something that wouldn't give them rash, and this is the only thing that I've found. I won't be changing sunscreens any time soon. It being in spray form helps so much because little ones love to constantly move, so rubbing lotion on isn't the easiest thing to do.

Coppertone water babies works amazing. In fact, I've never seen anything quite like it. My girls are constantly in sun, and I onlyhave to spray them down once in the morning and they're good all day. It doesn't come off in water or drool for that matter.

It smells wonderful. Its not like the other sun protectants that wear away and smell gross after a while.

Absorption
Aborbs great, doesn't come off in water or sand.

• Absorption:

Great For The Little Ones!

The Coppertone Water Babies Quick Cover Lotion Sprat Sunscreen with a SPF 50 is amazing for the little ones. I recommend this for little ones because it is gentle on their skin. But this sunscreen also has very good protection. When I put it on my toddler, he never gets sunburn. It also does not have a strong sunscreen smell which is very good because he is sensitive to heavy scents, like most little toddlers. It is even good for an everyday sunscreen for babies under the age of one years old. Because my baby was born in the spring time, summer was quickly approaching. And since we are outside a lot, this sunscreen came in handy everyday so she did not get sunburn. And because it is great for gentle skin, it does not dry out her skin no matter how many times we apply it. It also is not greasy on her skin and does not make her itchy! It really is a great sunscreen and I recommend it to any parent with a little one!

Coppertone Water Babies Makes Applying Sunblock fun

from Williamstown, NJ

My kids love to put on sunscreen now with Coppertone Water Babies Quick Cover Lotion. No more having to bug them to apply Sunscreen. With this foaming spray kids have fun using it. The SPF 50 is great for their fair skin.

Just make sure to reapply every few hours or as needed since this isn't waterproof.

I love the scent of Coppertone Water Babies. It's soft and gentle.

Absorption
It's a light airy foam that goes on really nice and absorbs well so it's not greasy like some sun screens.

• Absorption:

Great full time sun protection, works awesome.

from White River Junction, VT

Love the foam, goes on easy, somewhat longer to absorb, overall great.

The sunscreen lasted on my daughter all afternoon, quite surprising considering she was in and out of the pool all day.

My daughter really liked the scent, which made it easier to apply withou having her complain about normal stinkies!

Absorption
took a bit longer to rub in but that may have been because i had applied a bit too much at first.

• Absorption:

Perfect coverage for on the go

from Circleville, OH

Provides excellent coverage and lasting protection.This is easier to use than other varieties and the size makes it great for family or group coverage.Works especially well for anxious little ones who don't want to sit still for long.

Covers well.Lasts i and out of water

There is a slight scent but not disturbing or offensive

Covers quickly and easily

• Absorption:

Does not live up to the Coopertone name

from Epworth, IA

We are big Coopertone sun block fans, but this product just does not live up to the Coopertone name. The spray idea of sun block is genius, and there are a couple types that I believe really do a great job of providing adequate coverage - this is not one of them. The product comes out of the can in little droplets that you can SEE cover the surface of the skin, which means that it is not evenly coating the entire surface. One time I decided to NOT run the product in after applying it to my legs, and after spending the day in the sun I had a polka dot sun burn pattern from the uneven coverage. So in the end, you purchase this product at a premium price with the intention of saving time applying the product, but you end up needing to rub the product in any way to ensure even coverage. Additionally, this product is very oily, and even when you do rub it all in, you end up with very slimey, oily skin that just feels yucky. Just stick with the basic, traditional sun block and you will always have a good result!

You still have to rub it in

from Springfield, MO

I have tried other Coppertone Spray Lotions and was pleased with their performance.  I chose the Coppertone Waterbabies Quick Cover Spray Lotion because I have two small children and assume that because it's "Waterbabies", there must be something in the formulation that makes it better for babies.  That's just my assumption, but maybe it's just marketing.  Anyway, I do like that it's SPF 50 which turned out to be plenty for us.  I do kind of like the baby powder fragrance, although with sunscreens I tend to like something a little more tropical scented.  And I do like that it's waterproof, although you shouldn't count on that--reapply often.  Here's what I didn't like--my kids HATED this product because it is so stinking cold when you spray it on!  They would flinch everytime!  And unlike other spray sunscreens I've used, you still have to rub this stuff in.  What's the point of that?  I want to spray it on and be done with it.

Yucky!

from Live Oak, FL

We purchased several different lotions for our recent beach vacation.  Taking our 2 year old for the first time seeing the ocean was great.  What wasn't so great was the Coppertone Waterbabies Quick Cover Spray Lotion SPF 50 we tried using for sun protection.  This product was the worst of all the products we tried during our vacation.  It was gooey and sticky coming out of the bottle.  The spray was streaky and when I tried to smooth it on her skin it was really hard to rub.  It lasted a long time on her skin and the sand was sticking to her all day.  Even after trying to rub it off with a towel, it wouldn't dissipate.  I would not recommend this for sun protection, however I have used other Coppertone products with great success.  I think that the concept of the spray on lotion is a great invention.  It just needs a few tweeks to make it a great feeling product that will also give great sun protection.