Other Sunscreens:

Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen

Pros

Cons

Coppertone Sport SPF 50: Protection that Doesn't Wash Away

Active people like to exercise outdoors and that means facing many risk factors, one of which is the harmful rays of the sun. Those who live in cooler climates do not need to worry about this too much, but those who live in hot, sunny climates like me need to take necessary precautions and one good choice is Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen.

Sunscreen Facts and Commentary:

Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen is a lotion sunscreen that must be spread manually on the skin and allowed to dry. The scent of this sunscreen is nothing nice, but it isn’t too bad and it fades as it dries.

Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen has mostly good points and only a few not so good qualities, but let’s start with the good. This sunscreen offers good protection that doesn’t wash off or release itself easily from the skin. You can work up a heavy sweat or enter a body of water and the sunscreen remains in place. It takes a good scrubbing with soap and water to eliminate it from the skin so it makes a great choice for those who lead an active lifestyle. It is also very good at protecting the skin from the sun’s harmful rays. With an SPF of 50, it offers just the right level of protection to keep your skin looking healthy and it prevents sunburn in most all cases. If you plan on sitting directly in sunlight for eight hours it may not work but consumers need to remember that it was made for active individuals; those whose exposure to the sun is on and off, in most cases, so an SPF of 50 should be plenty.

Sunscreens are nice when they are easy to apply, and this is an area where Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen loses a few points. It has to be spread on manually and it takes time to dry. But considering that it doesn’t wash off and protects for many hours, this is a small price to pay.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

My bottom line with Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen is that it’s a very good product for those who lead an active outdoor life and need some protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It would be nice if it was easier to apply and dried faster, but it offers the protection you need and earns an easy recommendation.

Average scent, but it fades as it dries

Absorption
This product absorbs in due time and stays in place

Longevity
This product lasts a good, long time and doesn't wash away from swaeting

Offers a very good level of protection from the sun's harmful rays

Ease of Application
Has to be spread on manually, so it takes time

Not the Best

I don’t really see this helping because I evenly put it on my skin and I don’t feel like its protecting my skin from the sun. Sometimes I feel like it’s greasy and didn't really get into my skin as well as other can. I don’t really see myself going back to this sunscreen. For some reason when I put it on it kind of burned the area of skin a put it on. I've never had any reaction to any sunscreen, but this was way different. I couldn't really put it on my face or it started burning and I would go wash it off. Or if I did leave it on it didn't last when I did jump into the water.

When I was using it, it had this weird scent that I didn't really enjoy. I couldn't put it on my face because of how bad it smelled. I understand that they aren't really supposed to smell nice or anything fruity, but this was just awful! It’s something I don’t want to smell again!

Absorption
It didn't even go that well into my skin. Even when swimming or just walking around I could feel it on my skin and if I ended up sweating I could just feel my sweat roll of my skin instead of cooling myself down.

Longevity
Didn't even last that long, didn't stay while I would swim in the water or walk around.

Ease of Application
While it wasn't enjoyable for me I have to give it that it was easy to spread on my skin and make sure it was all even.

It is a pretty good sunscreen!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

The Coppertone sport ultra sunscreen is a pretty decent sunscreen. It does the job of protecting your skin. In the past few years my grandmother got skin cancer and it made me more aware of having it on and putting it on my family more. The Coppertone sport is good for when you are outdoors for long periods of time. I don't usually use an SPF this high unless it's for the kids. Saying that this is a good option when I know it's going to be a long day outside. It's good to have on hand. I like having a sunscreen that is 50 SPF. It's great for camping, sports, at the pool and more. I would continue to use this.

The scent of this sunscreen is okay. When it comes to sunscreen it's hard to find one that doesn't smell like all the other ones. This just smells like a basic sunscreen to me.

Absorption
It absorbs pretty well. It does take a little bit longer to soak in, but not too long.

Longevity
This sunscreen does last for awhile. It's nice to not have to reapply it as much.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply and to rub on.

• Ease of Application:

Stayed on during an entire day of physical activity!

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

I was vacationing in Puerto Rico and was going to spend an entire day "island-hopping" and snorkeling. I don't burn super easily, but my skin will get super red and start peeling after a few hours of direct sun exposure. And because I was going to be constantly treading water and swimming, I needed a sunscreen that would stay on but still protect me from the sun.

During the 8 hour adventure, I only had to reapply this sunscreen once, and I only did so because I like to reapply sunscreen every 3 to 4 hours. It was a really hot day and I was sweating pretty badly, but the product stayed on. And even though I was in the water most of the time, the sunscreen didn't wash off or leave a filmy residue around me in the water. The whole day, I felt like the sun was beating on my back while I was snorkeling, but this product is strong and adequately protected me from the sun. I came back to the hotel and wasn't sunburnt or anything! Would definitely recommend this product for physically-active people who like being outdoors!

A fine product

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

I have used this product on occasion but do not actively seek it out.

This product does not smell as good as some of the other sunscreens i have used. This is mostly an issue with my children who do not like the smell.

Absorption
This sunscreen absorbs well but with the wave of the new spray on products, I have to admit that I prefer those. I prefer those because application does not involve using your hands and therefore my hands are not greasy after putting on the cream.

Longevity
I do find that this product lasts a long time. I use it mostly on the beach and I love that it is waterproof and does not need multiple applications to be effective. I believe it is effective for at least 4 hour stretches.

This product is certainly effective and makes me feel comfortable with using it on my older children.

Ease of Application
Lately I find it hard to move past the newer spray on products. This product is squeezed from a tube and can be messy to apply.

good stuff

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

Out of all the different sunscreens I've tried, Coppertone is the one that has the most mild sunscreen scent. This isn't to say that it isn't there but it's just the most mild. Coppertone is also my favorite brand of sunscreen. I've had the most luck with them being gentle enough not to irritate my sensitive skin but at the same time provide enough protection from the sun. I only use SPF 50 or higher because of how fair my skin is, and I feel that this sunscreen does a really good job at doing what it's supposed to do.
It absorbs into the skin pretty easily and doesn't leave the skin feeling as greasy as some other sunscreens do. With the Ultra Sweatproof version, I like that I can be very active or in the water without worrying about needing to reapply it any earlier than recommended, which allows me to be able to enjoy my time outside without having to constantly be worrying about burning.

At the beach

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

I used this sunscreen recently on a trip to the Dominican republic where we spent most of the day in the pool or at the beach in the sun. It worked great to keep everyone from burning.

It has the normal sunscreen smell. I do not find it to be a bad or off-putting smell, so the smell is not too much of a factor for me.

Absorption
The sunscreen absorbed well and easily into the skin. It did not seem to require a great amount of time to rub it in. We did apply every couple of hours to be sure to not burn since we spent such a great amount of time in the sun.

Longevity
Since we were out in the sun for long periods of time, we applied the sunscreen every couple of hours to be sure that it would last throughout the day.

The sunscreen we used (50 spf) did a great job on getting us the tan without the burn. It would have made for a very uncomfortable trip to get burned.

Ease of Application
Really easy to apply and it did not take too much time or effort to get it rubbed in and absorbed into the skin.

• Ease of Application:

Not my choice when it comes to sunscreen

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

I have purchased the Coppertone Sweat Ultra Sunscreen product once, but I regret to say that I would not purchase this again. Right away I noticed that upon application, the product left a rather annoyingly greasy residue on my fingers. Also, it felt as though the sunscreen was not properly being absorbed into my skin, therefore making this product ineffective overall. However, I do have sensitive skin, so that may play a role in how this product was not the best sunscreen for me. In addition, I was not particularly fond of the scent of the lotion. However, I did not get sunburnt after using this product, so I suppose it does at least serve its basic purposes. One plus is that it is a very cost-effective option for those seeking less expensive brands, which is why I purchased it to begin with. Overall, I would recommend a different brand for those who have sensitive skin.

• Ease of Application:

This is a great product for beachwear or track meets.

from West Virginia

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

I used this sunscreen at a 5k race for track and field. I forgot to bring my usual Ocean Potion and stopped at a local pharmacy and grabbed this up because it has a high SPF.

The SPF 50 did a good job of keeping my easily burnt shoulders protected. Usually my shoulders burn before my face so I slather on plenty of product. The lower SPF doesn't quite do the trick but this SPF 50 held up over the course of my hour long run and it didn't rub off on my clothes or with my sweat.

I like that it has a cap so I can close it up and pack it in my bag. The scent is actually nice on this. It smells kind of tropical. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this didn't break me out or irritate my sensitive face skin.

This product doesn't feel greasy at all when I put it on. It absorbs quickly. I wear a red and grey track uniform and this didn't show up or stain my clothes at all. I've used product in the past that left behind a residue and this one wasn't one of them.

I was and am very satisfied with this sunscreen and will continue to trust this brand.

It actually has a nice scent. It's tropical and orange. It smells a little like lotion.

Absorption
It absorbs really fast. I can smooth this on everywhere, even my face, and it soaks in to protect my skin.

Longevity
I've used this for several hours without reapplying. I do notice when I get in water it loses some of its effect so I recommend reapplying every half hour to an hour if you're swimming. If I don't get in water, this will last me several hours, even through a 5k run.

The SPF of this is 50 so it does a great job of keeping my face and shoulders from getting scorched when I run.

Ease of Application
It's very easy to apply. I wish it had a pump with it but the bottle makes it easy to travel and easy to use.

• Ease of Application:

Sweat won't take it off!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen is fantastic.
This is a lotion based sunscreen with a flip open cap. Squirt it on and rub it in. It is not coming off until you want it to. You can sweat all day and still be protected from the suns damaging rays!
This formula is a little bit greasy but not as greasy as other lotion sunscreens I have tried. It also has subtle pleasant smell.
The cap is on the bottom which makes it easy to get your sunscreen out even when there isn't a lot left. It is a flip style cap with a moderate sized opening allowing you to get a decent amount of sunscreen with each squeeze.

Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen is scented lightly but it is not a strong fragrance and is pleasant.

Absorption
Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen absorbs well, with a tiny bit of greasy feeling (but not as bad as other lotions I've tried).

Longevity
Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen lasted all day even after sweating in the hot summer sun.

Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen is very effective and kept me sunburn free and protected from the suns rays.

Ease of Application
Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen is a standard lotion sunscreen that requires you to rub it in.

The Good and The Bad

from Portland, TX

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen is somewhat of a joke. Sweatproof? If it is sweatproof, it should be waterproof but let me assure you, it is neither sweatproof, nor waterproof! It is very obvious that this product has a lot of oil in it and they think that leaving your skin oily is going to keep water from rubbing off the sunscreen. This product is no better than any other sunscreen but I would be willing to say that it is worse because it leaves skin feeling oily and it attracts sand, if you go to the beach. I would only recommend this for very short trips to the beach. I would not recommend it for use in water or when you will be sweating, as it comes right off and feels nasty on the skin. I would not recommend this for children of any age because the sunburn you get when you do not apply good sunscreen causes bad damage. I would not purchase this product again, even if it was on sale because it left my skin looking and feeling worse than a sunburn would have made me feel!

Mixed feelings about this

from Wisconsin

Comments about Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50 Sunscreen:

I really have mixed feelings about this particular sunscreen. Yes, it really works. Keep it applied, and you will NOT burn or even color a little. Actually, I've probably had to reapply this particular sunscreen less times than I have most others, but it is so full of chemicals that you have to ask yourself which you love better -- the inside of your body or the outside of your body. We shouldn't have to make that decision so that's why I try and buy the more natural sunscreens. However, when we were out on the water all day boating, fishing, swimming, etc., like we often did last summer, I was always protected from the sun. It takes longer to apply since it's a lotion rather than those easy-to-spray cans, but you know what you've covered and haven't covered when applying. It does soak in faster than some sunscreens I've used before, too, which is a plus when I'm trying to slather down kids and then get myself covered, too. All in all, it's a pretty good buy, but save it for extreme days in the sun when you're going to go through a lot of it.