4.1
S3CS
Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron

Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron

4.1

absolutely unexpected results, for such a low price!

ok.. not having a ton of money is something we can all relate to these days right??...correct. but just because we dont have the cash doeant mean that we dont still want to look and feel good. its hard too find a good ..no..better yet great product without knowing someone who can get for you ( an inside person) or stealing it haha..wich most of us arent willing to go that far for beauty..i hope ;) . soooo i am half african american and half german...my hair when taking care of correctly can turn heads really quickly and im not tooshy to say its beautiful when healthy..wich is the case with most women and girls ..unfortunately most girls and women either cant afford the necessary tools to keep a healthy head of hair or they dont know what products will work for them soo they use products that their bestfriend with a whole different grade of hair uses to get her hair soo beautiful. after not retrieving the same results they are confused.....so first let me tell you what my grade of hair is like and if your close to this maybe you should give this product a try.  ...ok my hair is easily thickened and ruined by humidity. however it does not tangle when this happens i can still run a comb through it . it just becomes really fluffy and light. when i wash my hair it becomes really smooth and wavy. now after i wash it and it starts to dry it goes from wavy and smooth and layed down to..crimpy big and sorta becomes afro. and if i dont moisturize it right away it gets really dry. sooo now that ive told you about my hair let me tell you about this amazing wet to straight flat iron i found at walmart for under twenty bucks.  it has three heat settings yellow which means your hair is already dry when your flat ironing it. orange which means your hair is damp..somewhere between dry and wet, and red meaning that your hair is just straight up wet lol. ive used all three and have personally found that the orange setting for damp hair works best on my hair , but you should figure out your personal best.  this flat iron straightens my hair with steam wich locks in moisture greatly without leaving frizzy or fluffy like most steam would. after i use it my hair is straight ,shinny,soft , and i cant stop looking at it or touching it! and it also keeps my hair strong and thick not weak, fragile and breaking off like others have in the past.and get this ! it also helps my hair stay smooth and straight even on rainy and humid days!! highly recommended flat iron right here.!!

Conair Instant Heat Cermic 2" Wet/Dry Straightener

I bought this Conair 2" Ceramic straightener about a year ago and I have meaning to write a review on it ever since even holding on to the outer packaging to remind myself to do it.  Today as I was getting laundry out of the dryer and I bumped the shelf and the contaiiner came down on my head (good thing it is empty).  I figured it was high time I wrote this review.

The Conair 2" Ceramic Straightener is a relatively inexpensive straightener.  It has pretty dark red handles and the straightening part is 2 inches wide hence the 2" in the name of the product.  The cord is a decent length which is important to me, I hate when a styling product has too short of a cord.  This has a good one which is good because it mostly gets used on my daughter's hair and somebody else (usually me) is usually doing for her so you need a bit of extra length for that.

They say you can use the straightener or wet or dry hair, but honestly I would never even attempt to do it on wet hair personally, in my opinion that is just asking for damage and at my age I can not afford any damage to my hair.

The straightener is made in such a way that the heat should be even all over the straightening area, that means there are no extra hot or cold spots, this helps of course for even styling and to avoid damage and frizz.  It also heats up in about 30 seconds which is faster than my curling iron. Once the temperature is reached it stays steady.

Most of the time I prefer to let my curls do their thing but once in a while I like to straighten my hair for the fun of it.  My hair is pretty fine now and this straightener straightens my hair very easily.  If I am sure to spray my hair with hair spray right away it will usually stay straight for several hours.  My daughter on the other hand has very thick, very curly, and very long hair.  This straightener works pretty good on her hair but it takes a long time and we usually have to do certain parts a few times before it is straightened perfectly.  Her friend has one of those really fancy expensive ones an when her mom uses tha to straighten my daughters hair it looks perfect you would not even know she is such a curly hair and she can usually sleep on it and it will still be straight the next day.  With this straightener her hair is straight but does not have all the shine like it does with that expensive straightener, her hair also is usually curly again by the next day as well.  In all fairness though like I said my daughters hair is very thick, very curly, and very long.  Most people do not have hair like that for the price this straightener will be adequate for most people.

So for most peope I would recommend this nice inexpenive straightener, however for those who have really thick and really curly hair they may need to get one of the fancier more expensive straighteners if they want a perfect look with lots of shine.  This works fine for me.  I have naturally curly hair but my hair is not very thick.

Good on dry hair, not so much on wet hair

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

This flat iron claims that if your hair is wet, you can flat iron it dry and it's perfectly safe for your hair. This was not true for me. I have thick, wavy (bordering on curly) hair that is quite healthy. I found that the more I used this on my hair while it was wet, the worse my hair looked. It damaged my hair a lot, causing fly aways and split ends, as well as making my hair frizzy. I had to let my hair air-dry, then blow dry it a little before using this flat iron.
Then, not even a year after I bought it, it stopped working. The fuse just blew and I have no idea why. Of course the store warranty is only good for 90 days, and it wasn't worth the shipping to have it replaced through the company so I just bought a new and better flat iron. I honestly don't recommend this flat iron unless your hair dries quickly or doesn't damage easily, or if you can afford to buy really expensive heat-protecting products.

It straightened my hair, but it damaged it profusely in the process.

Broke (fuse went out) after a little less than a year of regular use.

Amazing!!! A must have if you want really straight hair!

from Tarpon Springs, FL

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

So my very good friend introduced me to this miracle worker over the summer.  Living in Florida, the humidity really destroys the dream of having pin straight hair.  Add on to the fact that I have pretty thick naturally very curly hair, and I never thought, ever, that I could have straight hair.

Then I borrowed my friends Conair Wet to Straight hair straightener and I never looked back.  This straightener actually worked.  I had pin straight hair for the very first time and my whole world changed,  I always thought that I had a face that would look better with straight hair rather than curly and I was right.  Now, I know... the grass is always greener, but now... I get to have my cake and eat it to.  I can have my natural curly hair or if I am feeling sassy I can use my Wet to Straight hair straightener and pull off pin straight hair.

Thanks Conair.

Conair's ceramic technology straightener could be replaced.

from Woonsocket, RI

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

Conair's ceramic technology straightener is quick and easy to use if your hair is dry.  If it is wet, though, it makes it smell terrible.  When your hair is dry and you use it your hair may get caught in the crack and it will pull it, further damaging your hair.  It does make your hair shiny and look healthy though.  I wouldn't recommend using it too often, like a few times a month at the most.  If you plan on straightening your hair daily, i recommend you buy one from a salon for a little more money than this one cost you.  Ultimately, i like this one the most out of all the one's i've used within this price range, even though it has a few downfalls.  This straightener has lasted me a long time.  It heats up fairly quickly.  the one that i have now is actually my second one.  the first one i had for over a year, and this one has lasted me well over that. they are pretty durable and aren't going to break easily.  so if you want a straightener thats affordable, works well, and lasts long, i would recommend you buy this brand.

Conair Ceramic Technology keeps my hair looking full and health.

from Coldwater, MS

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

My experience with Conair Conair Ceramic Technology has being the best, its light weight and easy to manage. Conair help to keep my hair looking its best. It has a 30 minute volume that heats up in minutes and its straighten my hair excellent from roots til ends. I would recommend Conair Conair Ceramic Technology to all my friends and anyone.

Very Average

from Mount Juliet, TN

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

I bought this knowing that it was not going to be GREAT, but it would do the job. It was about average because after I straightened my hair later in the day it would start to curl again bc I have curly hair. And when its wet forget it if you have thick hair. If you have loads of time and don't have problems with frizz this might be better for you. If you use it everyday it will dry out your hair and it will start to have a burned dried up look. I just use mine once in a while and it does the job. Its a good price and if you are not too picky it will work good for you.

Conair Wet/Dry Straightener is perfect for my hair

from Norman, OK

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

My husband bought me the Conair S3CS Instant Heat Ceramic Wet-Dry Straightener in red over a year ago and I love it! There are various heat settings and steam vents which allow you to straighten your hair even if it's wet and the ceramic coating helps to prevent damage to your hair. Of course, this can also be used for dry hair.

The plates are curved slightly which adds a little flip to the end of your hair for more body.

As promised, the heat is nearly instant...heating up in less than 30 seconds which is perfect if you're in a hurry. I have long, thick hair and can usually straighten all of it in 10 minutes and it stays straightened all day!

I really like the placement of the buttons (on the side instead of on the flat surface) because I don't accidentally turn it off nearly as often as other curling/flat irons I have had in the past. It is easy to hold and easy to use, springing open and closing flat. Basically, I love this flat iron and use it regularly to achieve the look I want.

Conair Instant Heat Cermic 2" Wet/Dry Straightener

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

I can't live without my Revlon Wet / Dry hair straightner"

from Halethorpe, MD

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

I absolutley LOVE LOVE LOVEmy Revlon wet / dry hair straightener. It uses the steam created from my wet hair and returns that same moisture to my hair. Keeping it healthy looking. I barely use products (chemicals) in my hair and with this product I don't even need to.

works well

from York, PA

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

My hair tends to be wavy and is very thick. I have tried many different styling products and tools on it over the years to get it to straighten. Recently a cosmetologist friend suggested I give this straightener a try. I was a bit apprehensive because my hair is quite stubborn. However, I found this product to work quite well. When i plugged it in it got hot within a minute's time. It was extremely easy for me to use and delivered great results. You do have to be careful not to set the heat too high as I did burn my hair (I could smell it) when I set the temperature up a bit. I found that my hair stayed straight all day when I used this item and I got many compliments. The price is reasonable for a straightener and I like that it is small enough that I could easily pack this in my bag for business trips. I would recommend this item to anyone looking for a great little straightener at an affordable price.

Best I've ever Used!

from Spring Valley, NY

Comments about Conair Instant Heat 2" Wet/Dry Ceramic Flat Iron:

I was worried when I bought this, I must admit.  I have tried numerous other hair straighteners, but never got the look and straightness I was looking for due to my thick hair! After a lot of research, I came up with this and it worked wonders on my hair!  I have the STRAIGHT hair look I longed for.... for the first time in my life!  Straight as a board without all the chemicals!  It has three colored lights on it let you know what level it's on - it's a must buy in my book! It's totally worth it!  Not too expensive... not too cheap... Dries your hair thick or thin decently quick and with hardly any trouble! Thank you Conair for finally doing something for us with thick hair!  And it also "flattens" hair (in a good way) so that it's easier to manage in the morning.  This is an amazing little machine, and for such a good price too!  Don't take my word for it though, go out and buy it for yourself!