3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Accreditation:

The best decision I ever made!

I used to go to Phoenix University Online and hated it. I switched to CTUO and I am extremely impressed with how organized their website is, how much less you have to log onto the website to get your work done and get the grades. I have had quite a bit of contact with the counseling staff which is something that I did not get with Phoenix and is part of the reason I left them. I have already recommended CTU to friends who have talked about going back to school and told them to just check it out and make their own decisions and if they wanted more information I could get them in touch with someone or I can answer their questions. The fast paced class schedule with 2 classes every 6 weeks or so is nice and if two classes is too much at any point, you just talk to your counselors and they can knock it down to one class at a time. The drawback to that is that it will then take you longer to graduate and finish your degree program. Sometimes life gets too hectic and things like that are needed so it's nice to know the option exists. I finally found the right degree program for me at CTU and don't have to settle for something that isn't what I truly wanted to do so that is another reason I suggest everyone look at CTU. Not every online college is going to offer the exact same degree programs and checking out all of your options before committing to something is always a good idea.

Beware, the education swindlers.

I had a problem with CTU. Not only were the prices outrageous, but the staff was pushy and uncooperative. I was pushed into the application process; although, I told the woman I did not want to enroll until the following semester.

I ended up half-way through the app. process.,(By the way they charged my credit card twice for the application fee. And have not refunded that), when I had a problem with my internet not working. I was then unable to attend the one class I was had signed up for. Since I was having problems with it I tried to withdraw from that class. That was absolutely impossible. I have been charged $1000 for a class I was enrolled in for three weeks. I was only able to attend 2 class's.

The total cost, I was told initially, for a 16 wk course was to be $21,000. That's a little over the board for a class I can take at the local community college for $5,000.

Beware these college salesmen. They are good at what they do. And that's make money off of you. Yeah, online sounds great. But , do you want to pay four times as much for it. Think about it. I did.

A really challenging program, but that is good

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

I have taken online courses from a lot of online schools as part of keeping up my certifications, and I really like CTU. It is challenging, and not a joke like many of the programs are. When you get done, you really have a feeling of accomplishment. You are well supported throughout the process and my professors were awesome.

• Accreditation:

CTU is worthless for a true education

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

I just completed my first (and last class) with CTU. Do yourself a favor and find another school...any other school. I transferred from another school thinking it would be better. Wow, was I wrong! I went right back to my old school who would not take these credits. It started with getting false information from their online chat. I went ahead and enrolled even though my wife said this was the wrong school and a mistake. I totally should have listened to her. I took Operations Management. Now the instructor was very nice and there was a lot of information. Unfortunately it was way too much information for a six week course. The instruction was OK. The school doesn't give two flips about the student once they are enrolled...unless it is time to get you into a new class. They totally screwed up my GI Bill so now I get to pay this out of pocket. The tuition is way too expensive for what you get. The school is second rate at best.

Class Selection
CTU Does have a great selection of classes. I was interested in an MBA and they offered many different tracks.

Teaching Quality
The teacher I had was very nice but extremely dry and boring. The website was difficult to navigate. It wasn't laid out very well. A student should not require an in depth orientation in how to use the website. The books are supposed to be included but they are only online versions so it limits your ability to study when and where you want.

Financial Aid
I was trying to use my GI Bill and they totally screwed it up. Most schools use three credit hours per class. CTU uses four in order to charge the students more. This is very dishonest...just a personal opinion.

Accreditation
I am not too sure how they were able to attain a regional accredidation. If I were hiring someone I would not accept this degree now that I have taken a class. I went back to my old school.

• Accreditation:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

Not a school type atmosphere does not promote learning.

Class Selection
Very poor class selection. CTU picks your classes and you have no say in wether or not it is a class that is necessary for your degree. Often courses are "filler" classes to get your money.

Teaching Quality
Some teachers do not speak english. Others grade and dock points because "students do not learn as much as brick and mortar students do."

Financial Aid
Financial aid is full of idiots. The most incompetent I have ever seen.

Accreditation
I do not understand how they are accredited at all.

• Accreditation:

GI Bill Recipients MUST READ!!

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

The way the class schedule looks on paper makes it it look like my husband isn't full time when he is. There is always some error delaying my husband's VA paperwork. However, this is the worst, because it affects the living allowance we are supposed to receive. The president in Colorado Springs has been notified of the situation, but NO action has been taken. Simply stated- this affects many students living allowance and NO ONE care!

In addition, the Pueblo campus is a horrible to get an education. The teachers are not only rude and unprofessional, they teach incorrect information and administer error filled tests. They spend class time going over the school's 'bullying policy' but proceed to bully students. My husband has received more than one rude email from a teacher. We honestly have a list a mile long and despite my husband being the president of the Pueblo Campus' Student Senate, we can get no help. I will tell everyone who will listen to stay away from this institution!

Teaching Quality
PowerPoint Presentations pretty much sums up how they teach.

Financial Aid
Been an error in paperwork every quarter, which results in delays.

Accreditation
School is accredited. The nursing program is NOT! They lied to my husband about this!!

Definitely worth it!

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

I have experienced University of Phoenix and other online classes, but nothing beats the way CTU provides a student. I am entering my second quarter and couldn't be happier. My husband is in the military and this is one of the top schools the military recommends. My husband knows many people who have degrees from CTU. The college is accredited and worth the challenge. I love this school and refer it to everyone I know!

An experience I will never forget

from Garden City, MI

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

It had been years since I had graduated with my associates degree, and I was wanting to go back to school for my bachelors but I didn't want to sit in a classroom for hours at a time nor did I have the time to do that.  So after researching a few different on-line colleges I decided that Colorado Tech with the best one for me.  I graduated last February and almost a year later I still feel it was the best decision I could of made.  The staff there were all very helpful and they made it very easy for me to enroll and get the financial aid I needed.  Since I've graduated my student adviser has called me twice to see if I was still on the right track to my future goals.  Although I never met any of the staff at the school I feel as if they all cared about my future.

Relentless Marketing

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

This school inadvertently got my name and refused to stop marketing me for months.  I called, sent them e-mails and nothing seemed to work.  When I spoke with an enrollment representative early on in the process and asked them some pointed questions, they refused to answer those questions. . .I suspect because either they didn't know the answers and refused to admit that situation.

Where were you all my life?

from Tuolumne, CA

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

Colorado Technical University was a choice that I made after four children and 28 years of night school.  I need to get a degree in order to go forward in my life.  I did not live anywhere near a university, so I began to research on-line for a school.

What brought me to Colorado Technical University was the diversity of the students and the teachers.  I was able to meet and work with soldiers doing duty in Irag, students from all  over Europe and students from across the United States.

Class were archived in case you had work or other obligations.  It also gave you a chance to listen to the teachers chat numerous times if you need more time to understand the project.  You also had the ability to contact the teacher via e-mail-or phone anytime as well as set office hours.

The best part of the school was the assignments were individual (9) during a 6 week period and (1) group project during the same time period.  This allowed success that if one student did not do their work, it would not destroy your grade.

I also feel it is necessary to commend the IT group who were there 24 hours a day to help you get through any issues.  The Cybrary was also a tremendous help with the immense amount of information that was available to you through magazines, political articles, books, lectures and any other printed material or report that was needed.

Thank you Colorado Technical University for making my dreams come true and setting a good example for my grandchildren.

A+ instructors, poor faculty design!!!

from Joppa, MD

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

Hi all. First, I will say that I am a perfectionist who was immediatley hesitant with online schooling. I compared several, concentrating on Colorado & Phoenix. Colorado was my choice as the rep was more friendly & the price was way cheaper. The information & education I recieved was superb & I am a 4.0 student. The tak list as designed by faculty is the way minus!---- 95% of instructors are intelligent & can ensure you learn well. If they could get their design/preparation team on point they would be fantastic! I did have a few instructors that were very (lets say sub-par) & the task list people sometimes forgot how to spell or utilize proper grammar. The key is to use your own brain & pray you get one of the awesome instructors. iF YOU NEED A LOT OF ONE ON ONE, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. If you have a decent brain & need a degree & quality eduvcation you can afford-well this is for you.

CTU was a great experience!

from Cary, IL

Comments about Colorado Technical University - All Programs:

I graduated in the summer of 2006 with a bachelors degree in Business Administration. Attending CTU was a dream for me. With two young children I thought I'd never get back to school to finish my degree. I found the way that Colorado Technical conducts their online classes ideal for my situation. Not only do they have access to a vitrual library, but classes can be taught through a variety of media. Each class has powerpoint presentations, teachers schedule live interactive classroom time, and you have to complete group projects with a variety of people in different time zones, much the way you would in the standard every day business world. This allows people to work much of the time at their own pace. You wouldn't think so, but it really prevents other students from just coasting by because you can have constant contact with your professors and make sure that they are on top of it. I graduated summa cum laude and worked really hard to earn it. It is so worth it!!!