Other Online Degrees:
AIU - AA Business Admin

AIU - AA Business Admin

If you want to go to college online, try AIU.

I am currently a BSCJ student at AIU, after having already received my AABA there, and I find the school very much to my liking.  The teachers and other staff really care, for the most part, the classes are interesting, and except for weekly deadlines, they bend over backwards to help you fit your education into your schedule.  Whether you're a single Mom with 5 kids, a paralegal looking to upgrade her education for her job, or someone like me, a fiftysomething who wants to get her degree and make a significant career change, AIU is the place for you.  I have met people from all over the world, both students and teachers, and have made some wonderful friendships.  And teachers such as Dr. Monique Ferraro, an attorney for many years, Dr. Sloan Letman, who not only teaches online, but has written over 15 textbooks and more than 100 scholarly articles, and has served the public as a lawyer and a pastor, know how to bring their years of life experience and academic excellence into the classroom.

AIU even offers online clubs.  I actually had a chance to speak to the Entertainment Club when my first novel was released in September of 2007.  In addition, I am a member of the Criminal Justice Club, the Poetry Society, and the Visual Design Club--all of which are conducted online--mostly in live chat or discussion board format.

If you're having trouble financing college, AIU has a financial aid department that is only too happy to assist you.  They really helped me.

And there's even an online store--if you want things like AIU sweatshirts or class rings.  Except for the buildings and the frat parties, AIU gives you the full college experience in a convenient online setting.  I'll complete the requirements for my BSCJ in August.  And when I get my degree, I will proudly say I got it at AIU.  We may not be Ohio State or Harvard, but AIU is an excellent school.  I love attending there--and so will you.

Bothersome Phone Calls. Bad reputation business wise.

I requested information from AIU several months ago and I AM STILL RECEIVING HARASSING PHONE CALLS FROM THEM! The fact that they have to work so hard to recruit students completely turned me off. In addition to this, I know several people who graduated from there with a boat load of debt accompanied by the inability to find an employer willing to hire them.

so understanding while giving you an education

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

I am a teacher who wanted a new degree and a career change and this online university really helped me achieve that goal. It is just like a normal university with clubs and everything but with the added perk of going to class whenever you want to. When something came up, I just emailed the teachers and they were all too willing to let me have an extension on my work just not the weekly work which is understandable. The university really tries to connect everyone.

Teaching Quality
The teachers there are truly brilliant and AIU makes sure that they are well-experienced. All the teachers there all know how to teach their experiences to us in a way that is understandable to someone who has no idea what business really is.

Financial Aid
If you can't pay for all of the tuition, AIU has an amazing financial aid and from the accounts of some of my friends, they will really devote their time and energy to making sure you are taken care of. They actually care unlike some of the people who just fake it.

• Class Selection:
  • Teaching Quality:
  • Financial Aid:
  • Accreditation:

The faculty is great and has connections

from Oxford, PA

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

I had a great experience with American Intercontinental. With online learning, you are so dependent upon your professors and the ones at AI were awesome. They were intelligent and helpful, and responsive to my needs. They were also readily available when I had a question. It was great.

• Class Selection:
  • Teaching Quality:
  • Financial Aid:
  • Accreditation:

Bothersome Phone Calls. Bad reputation business wise.

from Westland, MI

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

Challenging, fast-paced, and enjoyable school!

from Indiana, PA

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

The American Intercontinental University online, recently removed from accreditation probation, has proved to be an interesting learning experience.  I am about to enter my second class, and so far, I have enjoyed my learning experience.  There is a lot of communication between students and the professor on the discussion board and in the twice weekly chat sessions.  The homework, due by Saturday at midnight (central time), is challenging but not impossible.  There are no graded tests, but there are self-tests.  The multimedia presentations are fast and to the point.  I did not like the group project, because you will find other students who are either too busy to participate, who want you to do all the work, or who don't communicate with you.  The best thing to do with that is become the leader and do it yourself.  The grading scale is fairly simple to achieve if you're a decent writer and participate in the discussion board frequently.  I don't like using APA format for citations, though.  They have 24/7 assistance for almost all of the problems you may encounter.  My admissions advisor checks up on me, to see how I'm doing and to make sure I'm not overwhelmed.  So, overall, I think this school has been an unique experience.  For those considering joining, make sure you have enough time to dedicate to the 2-3 assignments per week.  The university is costly, but if you're able to get financial aid assistance, go for it.  You can take 1-2 classes at a time, depending on whether you want to pay extra costs for the two classes.  At least sign up for information and speak with an advisor to see if the school is right for you.

AIU is a good school for those older and need and degree

from Grand Prairie, TX

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

I received my AABA in Business from AIU 2008, and I enjoyed my time at the school. I am now working on my BIT-Computer Forensics. I have spoken with those who work in the field, and those who have taken classes at boot camps, and I am glad to say that my information at AIU is up to par with those trainings.  I fill that when I am finish with my degree I will be able to work as a Network security person or computer forensics tech.  The books give you good information into the field too.

S. Freeman, Grand Prairie TX

AIU is a good choice

from Cudahy, WI

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

I am 40 years old and I was at a point in my career that required a degree.  I started taking classes at the University of Phoenix.  I really didn't care for their format for a number of reasons, so I decided to do some research on other schools.  I felt that AIU was a very good alternative because of the format and pricing.  I enrolled and immediately liked the 5 week per class progressive format.  I also liked that all assignments were due on Sunday versus at different times throughout the week.  This is especially helpful if you have a demanding career or family obligations.  I am into my 10th class now and overall I have had a very good experience with the instructors and classmates.  The only part I don't care for at AIU is the group project requirement.  It's frustrating to me to try and get 4-5 people on-line to work as a group.  Other than that, I have found the text material very interesting and I have learned a great deal.  They have two live chats per week with the instructor so that is also very helpful because it's a great time to ask questions about the assignments or reading material.  The prices are also very competitive compared to other schools.

I would recommend AIU for those seeking a quality on-line education.

AIU- AA Business Admin

from Killeen, TX

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

It's very convenient to do classes at home. I'm currently majoring in Medical Billing and Decoding. Overall it does have a great layout and it's very easy to navigate. Like with all schools some teachers just don't care, when evaluating your work just a short comment and they grade late in the week and others are wonderful and do everything they can to work with you, like my biology teacher I think he is one of my favorites so far, Plus he would have your grade on the following day and give you very well comments and constructive criticism if need be.

I was always an A student so all the courses so far have been a breeze to me. I got a letter in the mail the other day saying I made the Deans List (so excited) but they don't give you a scholarship or anything like that, it's just something that you can add to your resume.

I like how every once in a while we would get a week off. **I'm absolutely loving the 3 week Christmas break.** It came right on time because I was starting to get tired and I just didn't feel like doing anymore homework.

I like how you can take a test for a class and if you pass you don't have to take the course and it bumps up your graduation date. I did it with Intro to computers.

I loved my admissions advisor and my student advisor. They're both very kind and considerate. I can just call them and they guide me in the right direction and they help me stay motivated.

However, I'm disappointed that out of the blue they changed my advisor on me. I don't care I'm still calling my first one!

I wish that they had medical billing and decoding under healthcare and not business. The business classes did help me to improve my business skills with online marketing. I hate the group projects, I always thought that was weird and almost every single class had one! There was always one or two people who would never contribute but at least they didn't get any credit for it. I always made sure that I was actively involved (and it always would end up me being the group leader)!

Doing two classes at a time is not overwhelming to me at all, it's pretty much one discussion board post and one individual project each week for each class.

I hope technical support figures something out with their discussion board software because allot of times no matter how hard you try, after posting it messes up the font and makes your post look distorted!

The online books is very convenient too, researching on their library database is easy when you get the hang of it.

I'm a veteran so I was lucky to have the application fee waived, and I had a veterans grant plus a pell grant so that took off allot of fees!

I wish they would give it to you your grant all at once instead of putting it on your bank card at different times. However, I do like the fact that you get a debit card and the funds are transferred onto that.

Besides a few minor mishaps, I'm satisfied with AIU. I graduate in May or June (forgot). I'm considering getting my bachelors degree through them, I haven't spoken with Career Services yet but I hope that's a good experience too!

Wheres my work ?

from Columbus, OH

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

I had a 3.75 until the last few weeks. When my work was lost! After resubmitting my work several times I was told I would have to repeat my classes my grades were failing.  I didn't have the options to take other classes the next semester. Half way through the next semester which I never attended. I was told we found your work. To start new classes you will have to makeup the work for your new classes and pay for two semesters for this semester. Signup was automatic even though you requested to be withdrawn from our school.

admin is very supportive.

from Abilene, TX

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

I am a current AIU student and not only they make a course easy by having online library they also provide you with help if you are not doing great in classes. If you think its too late for you to go back to school then AIU is the answer for you. They gurantee an associate and bachelor degree in half time online. The best part about this school is that all assignments are due at the end of the week, so If you working full time you can catch up during the weekends. Great opportunity to go back to school.

AIU Graduate

from Ponderay, ID

Comments about AIU - AA Business Admin:

I graduated in November 09, it has only been a few months since I graduated and I am not sure how to use my degree. I wanted to be a medical biller and coder and when I graduated with my AABA in business I found that not only did I go to school at night and work full time during the day but I am still not certified in what I went to school for and now I have to start paying back my student loans soon. My purpose to go back to school after 30 years out of school was to be able to work from home and now I have to find another school to finish what should have already been done. The courses were good but they do not specialize in a particular course. So now I will have to find a job who will train me the way the college should have. I will also have to find another school that will give me the training I need to be certified. But all in all it is not a bad school and I found it very challenging.