Other Sodas & Beverages:
Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola - Diet Coke

How can you go wrong with a classic?

Switching over to diet pop was not an easy thing for me, but several years ago when I decided to make some lifestyle changes to lose weight and become a healthier person, I decided it was time to give up my Coca-Cola habit. I couldn't drink Diet Coke at first. It just didn't taste right.

I switched to Diet Cherry Pepsi first, then to Diet Pespi and eventually was able to enjoy Diet Coke. I still enjoy a Diet Coke now and then and really enjoy the taste.

The problem I find with Diet Coke is that it really is incompatible with dieting. If I stop drinking it for a few days, my belly shrinks a few inches, telling me that it is the pop causing some major bloating. It also increases my cravings. I tend to eat more when I drink a Diet Coke.

While Coke will always be one of my favorite drinks, I have discovered it is best for me to limit myself to drinking it only on special occasions.

Diet Coke Has An Aftertaste

Many people have tried and seem to like this product so I decided to try it again. I just can't seem to get past that aftertaste. Sure, it may not have the calories boasting at 0 calories, but to me nothing can beat the original Coke for taste. I will not drink this, I would rather have my plain, old fashioned Coca Cola! My boyfriend buys this and drinks it all the time.. yuck!

**Nutrition Facts:** I am reviewing a 12 ounce bottle of this which is a full serving size. Ok, now for the Zeros in this product... Zero calories, zero carbohydrates, zero fat, and zero protein.There is 40 grams of sodium in this product.

This Diet Coke contains Aspartame,caffine and Phenylalanine.

My Soda of Choice

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

This soda is a part of my life. I can't even drink the regular coke anymore. It's gross. I love Diet Coke and I just can't live without it! I actually crave this stuff. I know it's probably not good for me but I just love this soda! The cherry one is my second favorite but I have not yet tried the lime flavored one.

Not Nearly as Good as Regular Coke

from Utah

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

Many people are turned off by artificial sweeteners used in diet soda (and many other products). Personally, I've never had a problem with artificial sweeteners, and I've seen a lot of misinformation and anecdotal stories about them while never finding any legitimate, scientific facts showing why they are bad. They have been tested and proven safe. So as far as that goes, Diet Coke is as healthy as any other soda, and may provide a good alternative for a diabetic or someone who wants to cut down on sugar content. For someone who wants to lose weight and still have soda, it can be a nice alternative.
But I give it a low rating simply for the taste. I worked in an office where we had soda readily available to us for awhile, and I tried Diet Coke for an extended period of time. At first, I thought the taste might grow on me after awhile if I gave it time. But even after drinking it consistently for a month or two, I still didn't like it all that much. Personally, I like regular Coke far better, as it has a far better taste.

Coca Cola- Diet Coke

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

This is one of the worst drinks you can ever consume. It is full of chemicals, artificial sweeteners and caramel color, all of which are known to cause cancer. This soda has a very unnatural taste because of the artificial sweeteners that it contains. Diet drinks are also known to actually make you gain weight rather than lose weight. I don't understand why anyone would want to drink Diet Coke or any other diet drink for that matter. There is nothing good to say about this soft drink. There are so many other choices for beverages out there and there is no reason to drink Diet Coke. If you must drink soda then choose a more natural product - one that uses stevia for a sweetener and one that doesn't contain caramel color. Stevia is a natural sweetener from a plant, not from chemicals. There is no benefit from drinking Diet Coke. If we all voice our opinions and stop buying processed foods, then the food manufacturers will have no choice but to start making higher quality products.

LOVE diet coke!

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

I just love Diet Coke. I've been drinking it since it came out. Even though it's diet, to me, it still has the great flavor of the original. Some diet sodas don't keep the flavor but coca-cola diet coke does. It also kept the great fizz that I enjoy. When it's really hot out (I live in the South) a cold Diet Coke is a real quencher! I have to say that Coke's main competitor's soda tastes all fizz and not sweet at all. That's what I like most about Coca-Cola's Diet Coke. It's not all fizz and it has a sweet taste to it. I know others who feel quite the opposite. But I stick to my guns. As an overall, I wouldn't trade my sweet fizz beverage for any other beverage. On occasion I will have something else but 95% of the time I'm a coca-cola "nut". I actually even turned a friend from a competitor's soda over to diet coke and they were impressed with the less fizz and good taste in a diet soda. I highly suggest to try this beverage.

from Georgia

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

I am not a fan of Coca-Cola - Diet Coke. It does not taste good. It tastes really bitter and it is in dire need of flavor and sugar. It has a bad taste. It really tastes like a soda gone wrong to be quite honest and I would not recommend this product to anyone. It does not help me to lose weight and it tastes as though eighty percent of the soda is water. It is really disgusting. I will not drink this ever again.

Great Taste

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

The taste of Diet coke is light, crisp, refreshing, and not too sweet. The product is always fresh, and goes great with any meal or snack. The level of carbonation is just right. I enjoy the flavor, reduced sugar, and no carbohydrates, which makes it with work well with the Atkins diet I am on.

Great Diet Drink

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

Diet Coke is my favorite cola drink. IT is not to sweet like most are. Diet Pepsi, Zero and One all have a really bad after taste. Maybe it is because I have drank Diet Coke for years and I am just use it. It has just the right amount of carbonation as well. I do not like soda without enough carbonation. When soda goes flat it is disguising. Diet Coke keeps it's fizz much longer than other cola's I have tired.Even when pouring it over ice it stays "fresh and bubbly" until I am through with it. Most drinks you have to drink out of the can or bottle to keep them fizzy.
Now days you can buy Diet Coke in 12 pack cans, 2 liter bottlers, 6 pack plastic 20 ounce bottles and even 6 pack of 8 ounce cans. They are really cute and just right for most people. Especially good for traveling and taking on the go. Nice size for children too. When you do not want them to have very much it is just right.
Coke has been around all my life. I actually grow up in the 60's in the town Coke was bottle in. Hayward California produced the first Coke in a can. We had to use a bottle opener to open it . I loved making the little triangles on the lid to drink from. They have come a long way since then

Good, but not as good as some other varieties

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

I was a long time drinker of Diet Coke and still like the taste, but now I do have to say that I think Coke Zero is better. Diet Coke tastes good, but I wouldn't say it really tastes a lot like real Coke. It has a different distinct taste, and it does have a bit of an aftertaste. I still buy it when it is on sale though.

CLASSIC and Favorited

I LOVE DIET COKE.

I'll start with the downside. The only time Diet Coke doesn't totally quench my thirst and just DELIGHT me is when I'm really craving something fruitier. Obviously Diet Coke just doesn't and can't deliver on that front -- but that's just a fact that will have to be accepted.

HOWEVER. Diet Coke is just the correct balance of calories, flavor, refreshment, carbonation and caffeine to pick me up during my day.

Let's go through those. Calories? None. Nothing to complain about here. And since the NHS recently concluded that aspartame DOESN'T pose any risks to our health -- drink up!

Flavor. Exactly what I'm looking for in a cola. I find that regular coke leaves an aftertaste that I don't really care for. It seems that the diet/aspartame induced altered flavoring is an acquired taste -- I've definitely acquired it. I find the diet version of coke much more refreshing and sans-chalky-aftertaste.

Refreshment? Somehow still feels light, feels refreshing on its way down.

Carbonation? Well carbonated, just the right amount of fizzy to keep things fun ;)

Caffeine? Okay, I'm pretty reliant on my caffeine. I'm addicted. I need SOMETHING early in the day or I'll get head aches and can't think of function -- solution: Diet Coke.

Tastes okay.

Comments about Coca-Cola - Diet Coke:

What's great about Coca-Cola Diet Coke is that it has no calories. I love the taste of soda, so I enjoy drinking good diet soda's to save the calories. However, Diet Coke tastes fake and you can taste the aspartame sugar. Diet Coke is also really bad for you and you're better off drinking regular soda. I recommend this if you're looking for a soda texture with no calories. Also, it doesn't taste like regular Coca Cola. I give it a 5/10.