Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash

Pros

Cons

Clearasil daily face wash

Having bad skin for over ten years and being prone to severe breakouts, I never thought I would find this great product. I have tried everything from benzoyl peroxide in clean and clear to proactive but nothing seemed to work for me until I found this great product. Initially when my friend gave me this product to try for a bad Breakout I had, I really didn't see much of an effect so I threw this product in my closet and let it sit for months. After finding that nothing worked, I was litterally in tears because of the severity of my breakouts. Not knowing what else I could do, I grabbed this clearasil daily face wash and began using it twice daily. I decided to let it sit on my skin for two minutes day and night and boy, let me say that this has completely stopped my breakouts. People have been suggesting that I have been using proactive but I have quickly corrected them by saying I have been using this great product. I have been using this for almost four months and my scars have not only cleared up but also the breakouts. I have not had cystic acne since and when my doctor asked me what happened to my skin, I told her that I discontinued using every product she gave me and started using clearasil daily fact wash whole letting it sit for two minutes. She suggested that it was the salycyclic acid stopping the acne from returning and preventing breakouts. Hands down this was the cure for my skin. It does dry your skin a little bit but I definitely don't mind because I normally have naturally oily skin. I thank God for this daily face wash. I cannot go without it. Note that I use the one for sensitive skin.

Immediacy
Initially I didn't see many results but when I let it sit, it worked perfectly. Better than proactiv in fact.

Clearasil is just another cleanser.....

I am an acne sufferer and have been for the past 8 years. I tried Clearasil after a friend suggested it to me and I just wasn't very impressed. It creates a lot of lather and was hard to rinse off.  After I thought I got it all off, I still felt like I had a film of soap on my face. It also severely dried out my skin. I know that acne soaps and face cleansers are supposed to get rid of oil, but they are not supposed to strip all of your natural oils. I had to combat the dry skin with lots of moisturizer, which made me break out even more. I also found that unless I used a make-up remover wipe before washing with Clearasil, it did not remove all of my makeup. So, while Clearasil might be one of the cheaper facial cleansers, I ended up spending more money anyway on make-up remover and moisturizer. Also, Clearasil Daily Face Wash does not remove dead skin cells, so I was buying a separate exfoliant. I have since found a different facial cleanser that is soft, exfoilates, and doesn't dry out my face, even though I use it twice a day. I know everyone's skin is different, but Clearasil just doesn't cut it for me.

Great for your daily preventative routine

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

I absolutely loved the way this Clearasil cleanser worked for me as a teenager, but as I’ve gotten older, it has become less effective. When I was a teen, I did not suffer from chronic or severe acne, but used this face wash as a daily part of my preventative skin care routine, washing with it once a day. It has a nice and clean recognizable scent and is not overly drying. This was a wonderful piece of my daily preventative skincare routine. As I’ve gone further through my late twenties, I’ve developed more regular acne in my t-zone and have far oilier skin than I’ve ever had before, though it is not severe to the point where I’d consider a prescription acne treatment. I think that because my skin is a bit different now, it is not responding as well to the Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free wash as it did when I was younger and I’ve switched to a new product from another brand.

It was just okay.

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

The Clearasil daily clear face wash is a pretty basic face wash. It isn't my favorite face wash out there though. I have used this in the past, but I probably won't use it again. I have also switched to organic face washes since I have used this. This one just has chemicals that I don't want to put onto my face. I would say that this face wash would work for most people though. It does the job of getting your face clean. It removes dirt and make up. It goes on smoothly and is easy to use. It is also a pretty decent price. All in all it's an average face wash. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either.

It does the job of getting your face clean and feeling good. It gets rid of dirt, make up and anything else that might get onto your face.

Ease of Application
It is easy to apply. You just put some on your hands, rub around and apply to your face. Then you rinse and you are finished.

Convenience
It is convenient to use.

Side Effects
There are no major side effects to this product.

• Immediacy:

Really does keep skin clear

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

I have used this face wash every night for many many years. After struggling with face washes that were too drying or made me break out, I found this amazing and inexpensive product. This makes me face feel so clean and fresh. I love the way it smells, fresh and soapy, and it lathers up really well. I think face wash needs a good lather to really be able to scrub the skin and this product delivers. Except for occasional breakouts my skin stays really clear. This stuff really is non-drying as the bottle claims. My skin feels fresh and slightly dryer after use, but not overly dry and uncomfortable like many other face wash products. A bit of moisturizer and I am good to go. I have never experienced any kind of irritation or negative reaction to this product, even when I use it twice a day. I can even use this to wash off my eye makeup without irritating my eyes. This is the best face wash.

Good product overall. Not as harsh as the Ultra wash

from West Virginia

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

I used this wash after being overly dried out with the Clearasil ultra wash. I liked the ultra wash but it just horribly overdried my skin.

The wash does come out a little creamy but ultimately gets to a great lather once you work it on your face a bit. It doesn't exfoliate so you don't get any blackhead scrubbing/fighting power but the lather does a good job of cleansing the skin overall. It helps my acne by providing some amount of drying and by keeping my skin clean, it's keeping it clear.

It does over dry a little though. I am more of a fan of the every other day use instead of every day. I love this company but their products could use more moisturizers in them.

Love the bottle that flips open and can be turned upside. A crowd favorite in my home. It smells good enough for my guy too. It doesn't smell fruity or girly. It kind of just smells soapy.

Overall, effective at cleaning the skin and getting rid of acne bacteria. It helps dry out acne but it also dries the skin a little. It doesn't do much on my T-zone blackheads which is something a lot of products are lacking. Also, I wish it had more moisturizing agents because it doesn't do a very good job of that. It left my skin looking and feeling smooth but it did dry me a little so I wasn't as glow.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply but took a moment to get the lather going good. was a little creamy at first.

The scent isn't amazing. It's more soapy/cleanser smelling than refreshing or citrusy.

Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

I really like this face wash from Clearasil a lot. I have issues with oily skin in my t-zone still in my thirties and it helps even that out without over drying. I use this every morning and every night before bed. It makes my skin feel refreshed and clean and I have less break outs as well. Has that clearasil scent to it which I actually like. A little goes a long way too so the bottle lasts.

Works great on evening out your oily areas without over drying. Gentle enough for daily use.

Ease of Application
I put a little in my hand and with my fingers rub it on my wet face. It doesn't really foam but it does expand to cover your whole face. Rub it in and rinse, easy as that.

Convenience
Very convenient for in the shower since you just pop it open and squeeze some out.

Side Effects
I have not had any side effects from this product. You might get a little dryness if you use too much so start with once a day to get your skin used to it.

Immediacy
I noticed less oiliness in about a week. With longer use it will stay oil free for longer amounts of time.

Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

When my son was a teen and going through the acne stage in his life I bought this hoping I had finally found the solution to his problem. This was not the solution, Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash caused an outbreak and dried his skin horribly, he had red, scaly patches around his nose. He had only used it for a few days when this happened.

This product may be effective for someone who has really oily skin, but I do not recommend it for someone who has normal or dry skin.

Ease of Application
This is very easy to apply, but please watch when you go to squeeze the tube a lot does come out, so beware. Just apply to face, it's best to use a little water to help it lather then rinse off.

Convenience
Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash is very convenient to have, it comes in a tube that is very easy to use.

Side Effects
My son did have a side effect while using Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash. After a few days of using this he had a breakout and his skin became red and very dry.

Not real effective.

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

I tried the normal version of this first with little positive feedback so I thought I would try this oil free version next. It was not much better. I thought it would better because my skin is oily. If there was no oil it should be better at keeping my skin clean and less oily. I could not detect any differences between the two washes. I use it for weeks at a time and see little to no improvement in my acne and other blemishes. It was like I wasn't using it at all. I couldn't really feel my skin getting clean after I washed my face with it. Even using it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, my face would get oily and gross throughout the day. I would use blotting sheets, etc. to get rid of the oil. After I washed my face with clearasil my skin was slightly sticky and I couldn't wash it off so when I woke up the next morning my skin was really tight and still a little sticky. Overall this product is not very good and I would recommend using a different face wash.

Clearasil daily face wash

from Georgia

• Immediacy:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash is an essential part of my daily routine. It keeps my pores clean and moisturized, but never oily. I have combination skin, which has made it a challenge to find a product that will clean my face without causing dry spots, oily spots, or irritation. This brand has been an answer to my prayers!

• Immediacy:

Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash is perfect for everyday.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash:

Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash is a super nice cleanser to use for every day use. I wanted to teach my granddaughter to be sure to take off her make-up at night so she never had skin problems so I bought this to keep at my house for when she spends the night. Consequently, I decided to try it too. I absolutely love it. It doesn’t dry out my skin but works great to really deep clean my face. She has been using it at home also and her skin looks absolutely amazing which is great for a teenager. I was worried that it would dry my skin out but I have had no issues with that at all. It is a little pricey but you don’t need to use much of it so it goes a long way. It is gentle enough to use all the time too which makes it really convenient. My granddaughter or myself do not wear a lot of make up so this wash works well without having to remove our makeup first. I figure the easier it is to use, the more she will use it.