3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

This is a gentle "deep action cream cleanser".

I have combination skin in general and it tends to become more "sensitive" as cooler temperatures roll in.  Each autumn I switch over from my usual facial cleansers and moisturizers to those designed specifically for sensitive skin.  The newest addition to my "cool weather" facial regimen is *Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin*.

*Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin Deep Action Cream Cleanser* is designed to be a "gentle formula with added moisturizers" that "cleans deep down-to-the-pores".  This is an oil and soap-free and hypoallergenic cleanser that gently cleanses and moisturizes skin.  This product contains acne-fighting salicylic acid, but it is much further down the ingredients list than the regular version of this facial cleanser.  Sure, that makes this stuff less harsh for sensitive skin, but doesn't it also diminish the anti-acne performance?

It is very easy to use this *Deep Action Cream Facial Cleanser*.  You simply squirt a bit onto fingers, work it into a creamy lather in your palm, and then spread it all over face.  Rinsing it off of skin does require more effort than the regular formula requires; this is a creamier and more hydrating version and, as such, doesn't drop away from your face as quickly or easily than the original cleanser.

I don't have major acne issues, though I do deal with the occasional blemish.  I've always liked *Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser*, so I decided to try this sensitive skin formula now that cooler autumn temperatures have hit.  I've been very happy with the performance, though those with more serious breakouts and skin conditions will probably be disappointed with the level of salicylic acid in this stuff.  In any case, it works well for my combination skin so I recommend it!

Okay for Me, But Not if You Have Truly Sensitive Skin

From time to time, I like to experiment with different facial cleansers to see if there have been any improvements.  I do have oily skin, but as I am getting older I have found some of the oil-fighting formulations to irritate my skin.  I picked up a tube of **Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin** because it does have moisturizers but in an oil-free formula.  I figured it wouldn't irritate my face or block pores if it is designed for sensitive skin. Sure enough, the cleanser is very creamy with a light menthol fragrance.  Although there wasn't enough menthol in the formula to cause me any problems, I would think that because menthol is a known irritant, they would have omitted that ingredient from a product designed for sensitive skin.  In addition, they didn't add enough salicylic acid to really have an effect on acne, so I'm not sure why it's included in a sensitive skin formula.

The Clean & Clear cleanser doesn't foam up, but it is creamy and has a pleasant feel.  When I washed it off, my skin felt fresh.  It didn't feel dried out, but I did feel like it left a slight residue.  I use Neutrogena Pore Refining toner immediately after, and I have to say that the combination is working well enough for me.  I don't have any more irritation after cleansing, nor have I noticed any increase in oil production or breakouts.  I don't often wear makeup, so I don't know how well this product does at removing foundation.  It probably wouldn't hurt to use a makeup remover for any stubborn cosmetics, and then follow up with the Clean & Clear cleanser.

Overall, **Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin** is working well enough for me.  However, because of the salicylic acid, menthol, and fragrance in the ingredients list, I think there are probably better options for people with very sensitive skin.  Even though there is salicylic acid in the cleanser, I don't think it's strong enough to be helpful at combating stubborn breakouts.  You would likely still need a blemish control gel after cleansing and toning if you are prone to acne.

Didn't work for me but did for teenage son

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

I'm always on the lookout for inexpensive ways to care for my skin. Every time a drugstore
brand like Clean & Clear comes out with a cleanser or cream that looks promising I pick it up to try it out. I like some products from Clean & Clear so I was hoping that I would like this Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin as well. Unfortunately I didn't really like it much. It didn't work well for me. My thirteen year old son however has used it and really likes it. It's worked well for him.

I'm in my thirties and still suffer from breakouts sometimes. I did not find this cleanser from Clean & Clear to be effective in keeping my face clear. My thirteen year old son was a different story though. It seems to work really well for him and his skin is very sensitive.

Side Effects
Neither my son nor myself had any ill effects from this face wash.

Immediacy
Although it did not work at all for me, for my teenage son it worked pretty quickly. I'd say within a week his skin began to clear up.

• Immediacy:

My face is so clean and so clear!

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

I have been through so many different face washes and scrubs that I have lost count. Each time I am completely disappointed. My face would burn and start to break out when I use the regular formula. I found Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin and it started working right away. I enjoy the way it is cool on my face while I'm washing instead of the burning I got with the others. It is so gentile that it doesn't dry out my face like I've experienced before.

Side Effects
No side effects

• Immediacy:

This is the ultimate miracle cleanser.

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

After almost 6 years of acne, redness, oily skin, and breakouts, I was tired of using facial cleansers that never worked and I almost gave up on my skin. I spontaneously grabbed this cleanser and after one use, my skin felt baby soft and not only that but my breakouts started going away. After a week, I only have a couple small pimples left on my face, no more redness, and my complexion feels great. This isn't even meant for acne but it cleared up my face right away. I highly recommend this for anyone who has redness and blemishes and also wears make up everyday. It's literally my miracle cleanser and I don't plan on switching to anything else.

my favorite bathroom item

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

I do not use many beauty products but my favorite item in my bathroom has definitely got to be the clean & clear dep action cream cleanser from Clean & Clear. This stuff makes your skin feel funny and makes it feel really fresh by giving you this tingle as they say. It is a creamy type of color and is not unpleasant to apply. It is not thick or gooey and is not like applying vaseline. At the same time it is not runny and is not a liquid so it does not slide off. You just wet your face and apply the cream. Wait for about 30 or so seconds and wash it off. Your face will feel really smooth and clean after you are done. The bottle lasts as any other bottle would and you do not need heavy applications of it or use it multiple times a day, although I suppose you could.

Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser is really Sensitive!

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

This stuff I liked very much. I usually don't like these types of things. Full of chemicals, seem harsh on your skin, nothing natural at all in them. However, to my surprise, I really liked this oneJ Which is really cool. I have dry skin, and it is pretty sensitive, and this worked really good for me. It didn't seem to over dry my skin, and it got it really clean too. It removes the make up and dirt from your skin. I wear make up, and I also spend lots and lots of time outside landscaping, so dirt is a part of my life. It gets it really clean, doesn't dry out, and leaves it feeling soft and fresh. It doesn't burn at all. I like the smell of it, it's very fresh and pleasant. It feels very smooth on your face, and feels very soft and silky. It's super, oober creamy! I love that. It's very luxurious. It feels wonderful s you lather it on your face. Yes, it lathers very well too! It isn't too expensive. One of my girlfriends actually used it when she was at my house before we went out somewhere, and she ended up calling me later to ask what it was. She said it made her face feel wonderful! She's African American, and has dry skin too, so it definitely works well for dry skin and all skin types. She has some acne and it worked well for that too. I really like this!

Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream cleanser

from Long Bottom, OH

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

I have a fourteen year old daughter, that has senstive skin and we have tried numerous types of cleanser for her face without no success. I do like that the clean and clear doesnt dry out her skin or make her break out. It is over all cheap and easy to find compared to a lot of other brands of facial cleanser that you see up and down the aisles. I did notice that it left a little residue on my face after I washed it. I also dont like the smell that it has after I wash it off. No matter how much I seem to use, it always seems to leave a little dirt or make-up behind. It also doesnt have enough salicylic acid to help fight acne, so i have to purchase another product besides just the clean and clear. I do like that it is a cream based cleanser than an oil based, so it doesnt leave my skin oily. I think that if they keep working on the product it will be more appealing to me and maybe other people. So I would purchase this again, but it need some minor improvements

Great product for the price!

from Wheeler, TX

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

I love Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser! My face feels fresh and clean after using it. It removes all of my makeup without stripping my face of its natural moisture. I like that I don't have to use an insane amount of cleanser to get my face clean. Just a small dab nicely removes all traces of my makeup. It's easy to wash off, and it doesn't leave a film on my face. I've used other makeup removers in the past that have left a film on my face. I never felt like my face was adequately cleansed prior to using Clean & Clear Deep Action Cleanser. My face has a nice tingling sensation after use that is amazing and lets me know that my face is truly clean. I have much fewer breakouts when using Clean & Clean Deep Action Cleanser, as well! Clean & Clear is a very good product, especially for the price. I can often find coupons online, which makes the product an even better deal!! This is a great cleanser at a great price!

Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser is Great

from Haddonfield, NJ

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser is, by far, my most favorite facial cleanser! It spreads soo smoothly and evenly, doesn't ever feel cakey or too harsh as you are applying it. Not too much water is needed to make this cleanser effective. It is absolutely wonderful at removing makeup, even better than products for whom that is the sole purpose. I've been using Clean and Clear Deep Action Cleanser for close to 10 years, and have never even been tempted to try a different product. One of the best aspects of this cleanser is the way your skin feels afterwards, whether you've washed in the shower or at the sink. It leaves your skin feeling soo very clean, it almost tingles. Ever since I first felt this tingling sensation when I first used this product many years ago, I've always compared it to other facial cleansers. This product is incredibly cheap and lasts a long time. It's package in incredibly easy to use, and can be found at basically any drug or grocery store.

Pretty Good

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

The Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin reminds me of Noxzema's product. The white creamy product gets into a really good lather with water which I like. After a long day at work, The Deep Action Cream Cleanser is what I turn to. This product has minimized the number of breakouts that I have seen and it does a pretty good job of removing any makeup that may have been left over on my face, The tube actually lasts for a really long time and you do not need to use a lot of the product when you are washing your face because it lathers so easily. You can find this product basically anywhere for a great price. A lot of products tend to leave your skin feeling really dry but this product didn't. When I initially started using this product I thought it was going to make me break out because the product seemed a little greasy but I actually had a good experience with this product.

Leaves skin feeling a bit dry

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin:

I've used Clean & Clear's Deep Action cleanser everyday for a month or two now. It gives you this refreshing tingle whenever you use it and leaves your skin feeling clean & free of oil (kind of). This product smells pretty goodand I would give it a four/five, but it kind of dries out my skin (it may be because I don't use lotion often) and doesn't make my skin feel any different, just oil free. I don't have breakouts or acne so I don't know how well Clean and Clear fights those, but they don't remove blemishes or those tiny pimples.

I've tried Aveeno's cleansing pads once and based on "first impression", I'd go for Aveeno again in the future. Clean and Clear is offered for a reasonable price (esp on sale and with coupons) and I would recommend it for people who are just looking for a regular daily cleanser, but if you want something more, maybe try Clean and Clear's Sun Burst products or an Aveeno product.