4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

dermatologist recommended and feels great!

After having a horrible reaction to an expensive makeup line I had to visit a dermatologist for the first time last year. She suggested I change to Cerave for my cleansing and moisterizing of the ENTIRE body. I had used Cetaphil in the past and told her I didnt feel clean when I used it. She said that is because we are so used to the feeling of stripping our skin of all of its natural oils by using regular bar soaps, which ruins our skin and in the end makes our skin produce even more oil.

Now, per her instructions I use either Cetaphil or more preferred Cerave cleanser  or moisturizer every evening, and simply wash my face with water and a soft, fluffy, clean washcloth in the morning, and follow with the moisturizer.

I havent had a breakout in over 6 months, and my skin feels really nice now!

Use it for body, no good for face

This cream is far below my expectation. It was a total disappointment. Cerave is highly recommended by my friends to be used on face when having sensitive skin or breakouts. Although it is indeed very gentle and does not irritate my skin or cause me breakouts, it was not moisturizing enough to hydrate my dry skin under new york tough winter weather. I have combination-to-oil skin, this even made my face It was almost impossible to apply foundation on this cream, because it looks like this cream will never get absorbed! After I put it evenly on my face, it leaves big sketches of whites here and there. It will always take a long time for those whites to go away, only when I believe did the cream get absorbed. It was really frustrating. The same problem also exists with Cerave’s moisturizing lotion, but the problem is less severe with that version. Having tried both the cream and the lotion from Cerave, I was convinced that the lotion actually hydrates skin better than the cream, even though the cream feels and looks richer.

Excellent Product for Dry Skin

from Palm Springs, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Helps severe dry skin
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy

Cons

• Daily Use
    • Dry Skin
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

My doctor recommended this product to me. I have severely dry skin. This thick rich cream moisturizes my skin so great!

great product especially for sensitive skin

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

I was introduced to cerave by the Nurse Practitioner at my dermatologist's office. I came in with severe rashes on my skin after applying some sunscreen on. Later on, I found out that I was allergic to a preservative that is present in most lotions. Cerave does not contain that preservative. And so after trying it out and not breaking into rashes, I have since been using it. I use the cream basically as my lotion. It is thick, so you don't require a lot to apply to your skin. It is not greasy, it seems to be absorbed by the skin well, leaving it soft and well moistened. It has even helped smoothen up my skin.

It is unscented. If it does have a scent, it must be very mild.

Absorption
    Cerave cream is absorbed by the skin quickly, leaving the skin soft and supple with no greasy feel.

Very effective in smoothing, softening and moisturizing the skin. It even helped me get rid of some hard, rough patches on elbows where pressure is applied when I do my daily planking.

• Absorption:

You can't go wrong with CeraVe products

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

I suffer from dry skin around my eyes and nose during the cold, winter months. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream was recommended to me by a friend who suffers similar problems during the winter. I purchased a small tub of CeraVe Moisturizing Cream at my local drugstore and started using it right away. I absolute love this cream. First, the texture of this cream is smooth and creamy. It feels so good on my skin. Many facial moisturizers feel thick and heavy. This is not the case at all with CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. A little bit of this cream goes a long way. I find that this cream absorbs very well into my skin. I need to rub the cream in a little bit but not a lot. This cream has done an incredible job healing and moisturizing my skin. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is a bit on the expensive side but I have found that in-store sales are pretty common with this product. I have not seen manufacturer coupons for CeraVe Moisturizing Cream but the price usually fits within my budget if I am able to find it on sale. CeraVe makes quality products and this moisturizing cream is no exception! I highly recommend CeraVe Moisturizing Cream if you suffer from dry skin on your face.

The scent is fresh and pleasant.

• Absorption:

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is amazing.

from Santa Monica CA

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

This lotion is the best I have personally used, it works like it says, smells fantastic, and is VERY affordable. I can easily give the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream a 10/10, and here is why. The first time I bought this cream, I was a little wary because tons of products offer the same thing, and most of them don't work, but this, this cream is amazing! I have never had an issue with it, and it worked just like it promised the first time I used it. I would easily recommend this to my friends and family, and am pleased to be writing this review. One of the best, I'd give it a try some time because the price is low, and I'm 99.9% sure you'll love it!

Like a mix of pineapple and green apple, I really enjoy the tropical but subtle smell of this!

Absorption
    I never have anything left on my hands after using the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, you don't need a lot of it, and it does so much!

The very first time I tried the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream it worked FANTASTIC! Just like it promised, was very unique by the texture, and overall moisturized my skin like I've never seen before.

• Absorption:

very thick and lasts all day

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

I have very dry skin that needs a lot of moisture especially around my knees and elbows. I tried this CeraVe moisturizing cream and it was so great to my skin. It has a rich and very thick texture. It gave it a lot of moisture on my body and it stayed nourished. After I take a shower I apply this cream as my daily routine and it goes deeply into my skin hydrating it to last all day. I only have to put this cream on once, I never have to apply it again. This cream lasts me a long time because all I need is a little bit and it goes a long way. It doesn't give me that greasy feel and its fast absorbing. It doesn't really have a scent but it has a nice light smell to it. My body stays soft and it looks a lot smoother. I like how its very gentle to my skin and it goes on smoothly. My skin looks healthier and it stays being replenished. I would highly recommend this to anybody who's really dry especially in those areas that need extra moisture.

• Absorption:

Best of the best moisturizer!

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

I used CeraVe moisturizing cream along with CeraVe cleanser when I developed Eczema 2 years back. I used it on the recommendation of my dermatologist and he was generous enough to give me few samples too. They lasted me a week and later I bought a jar of the product. Within a few days, my skin felt so good. It is unlike any other moisturizer I have ever used, it is so light, that it doesn't feel if you have applied something on your skin.
    It won't leave the skin oily or greasy like other moisturizers, it just keeps the skin well hydrated, no more, no less.
    It took me a few months to get to my usual skin, and the CeraVe products deserve a credit for that. Hadn't it been CeraVe, I'd still might be struggling with Eczema. Though I stopped using these products, I would any day recommend them to anyone with dry skin or eczema but consult your dermatologist before. This product delivers what it promises!

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

I love the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. I have a lot of problems with my hands where they get so dried out that they start to crack and bleed. I wash my hands so many times throughout the day that they get damaged from it. I need a lotion or cream that would help keep up with the damage to my hands. I have tried many lotions in the past but they were all too watery and would not help to moisturize and hydrate my skin. So my hands just kept getting worse. Then I discovered the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. The first day I put a little big on my hands and rubbed it in. I noticed that it was thicker than the lotions I had tried before. I decided to put some on my hands again before heading to bed so that it would be on my hands all night. I did this for a few days and started to notice a difference. It was actually helping my hands and I noticed an improvement after a few days. Now I put the cream on my hands every night before bed and it helps to keep my skin hydrated.

Good, Basic Moisturizer

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

I have trouble using moisturizers from American drugstores. They tend to make most of my face greasy while still leaving dry patches, and I just end up breaking out. CeraVe is one of the few gems I have found throughout the years. It is very basic. There is no color or scent, but it gets the job done. My skin absorbs it in a way that I still feel like I have SOMETHING on my face left, so I feel like I have thoroughly moisturized. Some days CeraVe is not enough for the areas around my mouth and nose (I have combination-dry skin), but I find that using one or two extra layers on those areas usually fixes that problem. I did not like the look of the sticker on the tub because it just looked so generic and dull, so I took it off and it looks very simple yet cute sitting on my makeup drawer! Overall, I would really recommend this for people who have sensitive skin but do not want to spend tons of money on a sufficient moisturizer.
    I would give this product a "10" because it is so good for how inexpensive it is, but it did not have any "wow!" factor to it. It is simple and very functional, but there is nothing spectacularly special about it ("first world problems").

There really is no scent, so it can't offend anyone.

Absorption
    It's not like those super-lightweight moisturizers that absorb into your skin immediately. However, I kind of like that because I feel like there is a non-greasy layer of protection and moisture on my skin.

I still get dry patches around my mouth sometimes, but this product does not irritate my skin at all and it get the job done for the most part.

Never found anything better

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

This is hands down the best lotion I've ever used. My elbows are constantly cracked and ashy and I used to use Vitamin E oil on them. That worked just fine, but it was messy and I had to wash my hands after applying it. CeraVe works just as well if not better, absorbs fast (so it doesn't get oil on my clothes) and has a nice feel to it. I apply it to my ashy elbows as well as my dry, red skin during the winter. My boyfriend's hands were cracked and bleeding from the cold this winter and using CeraVe was the only thing that consistently worked for him. His hands are now soft and don't bleed or crack anymore. Finally, one of the best things I've found this to work on is cracked heels. I apply a decent amount to my cracked heels and put socks on over them before bed. It's the only lotion I've ever found to heal the cracks without having to use a shaver. This product is consistently worth the money. Plus, the tub it comes in is really big and lasts a long time!

Cerave cream

Comments about CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:

This cream is wonderful. I have horrible eczema on my hands and everything burns but this cream. It goes on smooth and does not leave a greasy residue on your hands either. The jar lasts a really long time too since you only need a little bit. Also works great on faces and bodies, and is safe to use on kids. I use this during the dry winter months on my son's dry skin and it clears up in just a few uses.

I've never really noticed a scent before. It's just a nice clean scent, not overpowering and not perfumey like some creams can be.

Absorption
    Absorbs fast and does not leave a greasy residue, you only need a little bit of this cream. If you use to much you will be rubbing it in for a long time. It's a thicker cream.

I started using this mainly for my hand eczema but I've noticed it's wonderful on my kids bodies for their dry skin. My son had horrible red patches all over his back, stomach and arms. Two days of using the Cerave and his skin was completely cleared up.