Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Great Camera, even for a beginner

I got this camera as a replacement for my old digital camera because the pictures I was getting from it were just too poor quality. My kit came with a bag, memory card, 55mm lens, a battery, and charger. Each lens also has its own cover. So the kit as a whole was great. The bag is very sturdy and has some "pillows" to cushion the camera around the accessories. These can be removed as they are velcroed in. Other than maybe a better lens and a different flash (which I would only purchase if I were moving out of mom photographer mode), there was nothing that I have needed to purchase for this camera, which is an added bonus. For the most part it's pretty user friendly, you can set it on auto mode and your pics come out great. My indoor pictures come out great overall and my outdoor pics are almost always exact and spot on. The quality of the pics is a million times better than my regular digital camera. If you are going from regular point and shoot to this, I definitely recommend reading up and getting acquainted with the settings. I've learned this can dramatically affect your pictures. There are a lot of options and ways to shoot and I'm still learning! The battery life is great. I think in the whole time I have had, it I have only had a low battery situation one time. The LCD screen is great. I love that it swivels and turns around so that I can see what I am taking a picture of at almost all angles. The zoom is pretty decent as well and really takes great close ups. It also has a red eye feature too. I love the video feature too. Our old point and shoot had one, but the quality is way better and they turned out great. The downsides are (and for some reason I never thought of this before), is that it's heavy. You don't just throw this in your purse/pocket and hit the road. There is a bulky bag for a reason-to hold and protect the camera and lens. So it gets a little cumbersome to carry it around on vacation (even though that's one of the places I want to take great pics) or at an amusement park and things like that. Between the weight of the camera, if you have it around your neck all the time taking pics) and the bulk of the camera and bag, it's not that fun to haul around. The price is also another kicker. They are very expensive and get more so if you buy an extended lens or other accessories. Overall though, I can't complain about the pictures. I did a photo shoot for my sister and even printing them on regular Wal-Mart/Walgreens paper, they turned out great. I then sent them in online to be printed on professional paper and they turned out excellent. If I hadn't taken them myself, I would have thought they were done by a professional photographer.

Save your money

I purchased this hoping to get a nice entry level DSLR camera and was very unhappy when I discovered my Sony point and shoot took just as nice pictures. I returned it within a week. It did take a nice picture, but no nicer than my point and shoot.

Image Quality
The images were mostly crisp and clear and I did have some enlarged to 16x20 prints that came back from the lab looking nice, but I also had some enlargements made from my point and shoot that looked just as nice. In fact when my enlargments came in I placed them side by side and asked my family and a few friends which came from which camera. No one could tell which came from the T3 and which came from the point and shoot!

It has several settings including a burst mode that allow you to costomise your shots. It is fast with response and captures nice images most of the time.

It is pretty easy to use however if this is your forst DSLR you need to know that to take a picture you push the button halfway then wait for the camera to focus before pushing it all the way. The settings are all easy to acess and use, plus it has an auto mode.

Though I only keep this camera for a week it did seem nice and solid. It dose have some weight to it, but no more that any other DSLR camera. It seemed to be made tough.

Battery Life
I used it a lot in the week I owned it, but only charged it once.

Portability
For a DSLR camera this was easy to take places with me, it fit nicly into a camera bag and was not to heavy.

Best purchase I've ever made

from Severn, MD

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast / Accurate Auto-Focus
  • Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Image Quality
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • High ISO Performance
  • Large Clear LCD
  • Quiet

Cons

• Short Battery Life

• Family Photos
  • Indoors/Low Light
  • Landscape/Scenery
  • Sports/Action
  • Travel
  • Weddings/Events
  • Wildlife photos

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

The camera met my expectations and has helped me become a better photographer. It may not be the best camera on the market, but it's more than enough for me. Great for beginning photographers to practice before throwing thousands of dollars into something else.

• Was this a gift?:

Awesome camera for a budding photographer

from Provo, UT

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

No regrets about this camera. I love this camera and how easy it is to use. If you are thinking about going into photography or want to learn to take better pictures this camera is one that will make that learning curve and hobby much easier. The simplicity of its options and ease of figuring out the features makes this camera an asset to the novice photographer.

As I said of the DSLR cameras, this is the easiest to use!

Battery Life
The life of the camera battery is extensive. The only battery I have for this is the one that came with the camera and it is one that I feel I charge maybe every other month. I have been on long trips where I have often pulled out my camera and the battery has outlasted all of my trips. So it is more than adequate.

Portability
All DSLR cameras are much harder to tote around than the compact digital cameras, but in terms of DSLR cameras, this is one of the best. It is fairly light and portable, but. I would make sure to get a proper camera bag.

• Portability:

Goes beyond a point-and-shoot camera

from Palm Harbor, FL

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

A great camera for a reasonable price. Gives you professional quality images. Allows you to make creative ideas a reality with the use of a photo editing program. So easy to learn that you will be shooting great pictures from day one. No complicated learning curve. When you first get the camera, put the battery on charge to make sure it is fully charged. While the battery is charging be sure to read the instruction manual. Pop in the SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card and you'll be ready to roll. This model can us all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and features Canon's newest dual-layer sensor. Available in a number of colors.

Image Quality
You will be happy with high quality JPEG and Raw images this camera produces.

Great performance with this easy to use camera.

I found this camera very easy to use. There is a learning curve, but any new piece of equipment would have a learning curve.

As durable as any other camera on the market. Just don't drop it.

Battery Life
There could be some improvement here. Might try an after market battery as you should have a second backup battery.

One of the Best

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

We recently purchased the Canon-EOS Rebel T3 digital camera and have been extremely impressed with its image detail and quality. The image quality is like no other i've ever owned. It is so clear and the color is great. The Canon T3 is easy to use once you take the time to read the manual and learn what the different functions are used for. I like that I can zoom in on objects without having to get too close. The battery life is amazing. We do a lot of traveling and the durability of the Canon T3 has been impressive. Even though it is slightly bulky compared to those we've owned in the past, it is still easy to carry and maneuver. I will definately be investing in more lenses and accessories to use with the Canon T3 since it has become our first choice when we grab for a camera to take a picture. If you're looking to upgrade or just looking for something new this is definately the way to go. Best choice you will make for the price & value.

• Portability:

Great for semi-serious photographers working on a modest budget

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

This is just about the best DSLR you can get for the kind of budget I work with. It has focus issues from time to time, and its Manual mode is less than user friendly, but it is great at taking quality images in a variety of settings. Best camera I've worked with for indoor shooting. Requires some extra pieces to reach its full potential.

Canon Eos Rebel T3

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

Love love love my camera! Takes the best pics of my kids and I am no where near a professional. I use the automatic setting and sometimes the creative setting and I get wonderful pictures every single time.

Image Quality
Crisp, clear, stunning photos every time. I take my kids pictures for Holiday's and such and they come out better than the local chain photo studio.

Holds up well, I take this camera everywhere with me. I love the sport setting for fast photos of my son playing soccer.

This is my first DSLR and I figured it out within hours of just playing around with it. It's very easy to use on automatic settings (I'm a little frightened of the manual settings as I don't know what any of that stuff means). Changing the lens is really easy as well.

Very durable camera, my kids have grabbed at it and it has held up beautifully.

Battery Life
I seriously charge the battery 2 or 3 times a year. I don't use it daily but the battery on this thing is awesome!

Portability
A little bit bulky depending on where your going but the pictures come out so good i just deal with it!

• Portability:

Very good starting camera, and takes very good pictures.

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

The Canon Rebel t3 is a very good camera to start with, it's good for people who are just getting into photography. It takes very high quality pictures and 1080p video quality. The video looks as good as the pictures. I highly recommend this to somebody who wants to start taking pictures or filming videos. It is very good for action shots and sporting events. When changing the lenses, though, you must be careful and quick so no dust particles get inside of the camera, or it will ruin your camera and you will have to get it replaced or fixed. When changing lenses, I recommend you point the camera down, so no particles will enter the camera, and you quickly place the lens on the camera and tighten it onto it, then you will be ready to take pictures. It is not as hard as it sounds. It took me only about 5 minutes to learn how to do all of that.

Image Quality
The quality of the pictures you will take is incredible. The quality is much better than anything you would take with a simple digital camera.

Very good performance, I use it to take all of my pictures.

Unless you are willing to learn the different settings, such as sport, portrait, landscape, video, and all of the others, you might not fully understand how to use the camera. I would recommend you buy a "How To:" book, such as "Canon Rebel t3 For Dummies".

It is a tough camera, but I would not drop it from very high distances or even drop it at all. Wear the neck strap.

Battery Life
The battery will last you a few days, but that is not an excuse to not charge it.

Portability
Very portable, not very large, so it is easy to carry around.

• Portability:

A very good DSLR for beginners

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

Canon is a brand that needs no introduction. It is one of the leading brands for photography equipment and their cameras are loved by everyone from beginners to professionals. Photography is my greatest passion and I have been using Canon Rebel T2i for 3 years and I am still enjoying it. I bought the Rebel T3 digital camera for my son last year and I am impressed by how much he has learned and improved. I chose Canon because it is a brand I have grown to trust for quality and durability. Secondly it is perfect for beginners, like my son, as the controls and settings are very easy to navigate and learn. The outcome is as good as if not better than the predecessor which I use, T2i.

Image Quality
Excellent image quality when captured with both JPEG and RAW format. Videos are also excellent.

I highly recommend this for your first DSLR as it is very easy to learn and use. If my son can learn it, anyone can.

Canon is not cheap, but you get what you pay for and what you get in this great price is a very high quality camera with dependable durability.

Excellent.

Very easy to carry.

Great Camera

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

I really enjoy this camera. It takes great photos, is perfect for what I need it for and that is basically taking photos of my own children.

Image Quality
The Image Quality is great! Not grainy, even in low light. Is easy to blow up without any pixalation.

Camera is very quick, as long as you have an SD card that can keep up with camera.

Super easy to use. I always suggest that when learning with an SLR, that you read your manual. Even if you don't understand it, keep reading it until you do. And don't just use the auto settings. Put it on manual settings and start learning. Eventually, the more you play and practice, it will become second nature and act like an appendage, because you won't be able to put your camera down

Very Durable.

Battery Life
Battery life lasts forever. Unfortunately my first battery that came with the camera was a dud and died after a few months and about a month that the battery was no longer covered under warranty. It happens though.

Portability
It's a very portable camera. Easy to carry, don't need to lug around a big huge case.

Love this camera

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera:

Thhis is a great camera compared to my Point and shoot. I bought this so I could capture my little one in action. The best part of this is that the shutter speed is fast and I can capture those moments.

Image Quality
The image is great. I do still need to learn more about the camera and possibly take a class there is so much to learn. I know i am not using it to its fullest

Performs better than a point and shoot

Its easy to use for the casual picture. You have to read the book to go in depth.

Soso.

Portability
It is a big camera so the its not as easy as a point and shoot