4.8
Other Digital Cameras:
Digital SRL Cameras
Canon
Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera

Summary

Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

gret camera for the price.

I purchased the Canon EOS - Rebel T21 Digital Camera three months ago.  This is the third Canon I have owned and the second EOS.  In general the Canon is an outstanding camera.  It is very simple to use, the suto focus is quick and clear and the advanced features are highly recommended.  I was a little dissapointed with the quality of the photos when I had them developed and it seems that getting the lighting correct is a little difficult.  Whe  taking photos indoors the pictures are a bit yellow in color.  Compared to other cameras and photos I think this is still above the others in the same class.  Whe taking photos of water you will not have clear water.  this camera captures the blues and browns in a way that other cameras do not.  I have not tries this camera on a tripod yet but imagine irt will do as well.  The video option is a real benefit as well.  I often need to shoot a quick video of my children and having this on hand is a great feature.

Rebel...its a camera..

Well my sister in law is a psuedo professional photographer and she has one of these bad boys, so I thought if I purchased it I could be a great photographer too! WRONG! :) It took me awhile to get used to all the bells and whistels this camera comes with--sometimes I think TOO many bells and whisteles can be a bad thing for novice picture takers like me! read the manual..I repeat --read the manual! I did eventually get used to the lens and handling of the camera..it is an expensive investment so this helped me overcome my laziness at reading that huge manual of instructions.It you are a tekkie then you should have no problem figuring out the settings. I do like how light it is. I would like though to have cheaper disks to save pictures on--geez that and the battery is killer on sinking some money into! The battery does last awhile on these things. I do appreciate the fact that the lkens came with mine, so no extra expense had to be coughed up before i could actually use the product!

Great DLSR

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I purchased this camera a few years ago, and I love it. I knew nothing about photography, but I wanted to learn to take better pictures. This was a great camera to start with. It has some good presets, but I quickly learned to use some of the manual settings as well. The menu layout is easy to navigate, and gives you quick access to the options you need. The camera body is a good size and weight, and fits well in my hand. The kit lens is decent, but I also bought a zoom lens (150 to 300mm, I think) that I use more often. Neither of these lenses are top-of-the-line, so I'm sure my photos would improve if I invested in better lenses. Nevertheless, these were definitely good enough to get me started, and I've taken some great pictures with them. In addition to taking great quality photos, it takes great videos as well. My boyfriend has the t3i, which offers a few more options for video (adjustable screen so he can see himself when he's on camera), but both cameras take very nice quality video. This is a great DLSR, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in getting into photography.

Great Camera For Beginners to Enthusiastic Hobbiests

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I loved this camera! It took decent photos and it was very user friendly. I 'm just a beginner photographer and I found that I could easily play with the settings to take pretty decent photos.

Image Quality
The image quality is very good. I am no photographer expert, but I was still able to get some great, very detailed and focused images out of this camera with very high resolution.

This camera had a fast response time. I could take a ton of pictures in a short amount of time, while quickly and easily switching between settings. The only issue I had with performance was when I used the flash. The flash had a longer recycle time, and sometimes it would over-heat and I would have to wait a bit before using it again.

This camera is very user friendly! There are some advanced controls, but there are also some automatic settings that still take great photos.

This camera lasted my family numerous vacations and family events for the past 7ish years. It was such a shame when it suddenly stopped working/turning on this year!

Portability
It's a little big, chunky, and heavy.

Enhanced Camera

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I have recently bought the Canon EOS Rebel T2 at best buy the other day, because I wanted to try it out. Anyway I went sight seeing the following day with my family and took some photographs of things in general. I have to admit the color quality and pictures from this camera is so good, that it makes it look like a real movie. The pictures some out very vivid and clear with no buffering and static. Also this camera allows me to zoom in very close to the objects that I want to to photograph. I have always enjoyed Canon cameras the best, because they have the best quality pictures over nikon and panasonic. I would definitely recommend this camera to anyone going on vaction or that just wants to take pictures of anything in general. Just be very careful when using and holding this camera, as it is very fragile, and could break easily with the wrong touch or slip. Have fun with the camera as I did.

• Portability:

This is my favorite camera ever.

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I got this camera to do some wedding photography for my brother and the quality of the shots was absolutely amazing. It does really well in low lighting and has easy to use features for the people like my mom who aren't as camera savvy. I also used it to shoot a short film for my Video 2 class in college and everyone raved about how great the picture and sound were. It's super rare to find a camera like this that picks up sound that well without a lot of background noise and it did really well. My one complaint is when you are filming all the settings are automatically adjusted and there is no way to change them manually if you want to adjust for a different kind of shot. But mostly I love it. Can't recommend it enough.

Image Quality
Super clear images, even in low lighting, this camera takes beautiful shots even if you have no idea how to really use a camera.

Performs great! Never had a problem with it.

My mom is tech retarded and even she loved this camera. It has auto focus and level adjustment for the lazy or uninformed.

• Portability:

Best out there for semi-professional photographers

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

First of all let me clarify what I mean by the word 'semi-professional' in the title. People from all walks of life and professions pursue photography as a passionate hobby. Albeit expensive, it is a hobby that can be rewarding both, in terms of, personal gratification and feeling of achievement, as well as monetary gains. You may not rely on your photographs to cater to your monthly expenses but you can sure use your camera (If you own a DSLR like Rebel T2i at least) to work as freelance photographer in your spare time and earn decent spare cash to upgrade your equipment or maybe finance a trip to a photographers' paradise.

Now, I am talking about a DSLR here which is by far one of the most successful in the Rebel series released by pioneers of digital film and photography. T2i's success holds its ground despite the release of its' follow-up 'upgrades'. First of all it has great features and results, I won't waste time and space mentioning the specs here as you must all be aware already. It delivers optimum functionality comparable to models like Rebel T2i in much lesser price. Great bargain and even greater gain.

love love this camera

from reading pa

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I got this camera as a gift and I absolutely love it! I use to have a small hand held camera and would always miss the picture of my kids, they are too fast. I love all the different options this camera has along with you can keep shooting and it won't miss that perfect picture. These pictures take such great pictures that they look like they are professional. The pixel is great and to even blow up you do not loose the picture quality.

Image Quality
These are good to blow up.

Takes great fast pictures and has great options of different settings.

Even if you chose not to change any of th settings or the shutter options and if you just chose to point and shoot its still does a fantastic job.

I have accidentally dropped it on the flior and the only thing that fell off was the lense cap, thank goodness!

Battery Life
Has a very good long battery life.

Portability
Even with the extra lense and everything I carry with it it is still easy to carry and well worth it.

Solid and dependable

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I bought this camera (the Canon EOS Rebel T2i) a couple of years ago (back in 2011), and I have loved it ever since. I keep it on the highest quality settings for everything pretty much all of the time (other than adjusting the ISO as needed), and I am very happy with the quality of images. I like the many options for manual controls. I had already had a Canon Rebel XS, before this, so it was pretty easy for me to learn to use this camera, too, since most of the the controls were in the exact same place. The battery on the T2i lasts a really long time, which is great, and the camera is not too bulky or heavy for an SLR. It was also pretty reasonably priced for a digital SLR, and when comparing it with the other models, the differences I would get for more money seemed slight. I haven't had any real issues or complaints with it since purchasing it, and since it's now been over 2 years, I think that's a pretty good recommendation.

• Portability:

Finally bought the camera I've been wanting-couldn't be happier.

from Du Quoin, IL

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I've been wanting a DSLR for a LONG time and just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. My husband bought this for my birthday so I wouldn't find another excuse to not get it. It is easy enough to use without getting into all of the fancy selections. I'm trying to learn more about what this camera can do, which takes reading and practice. It takes great pictures on auto. I did have problems with the flash not popping up automatically when I first got it, but a quick call to tech service resolved the problem. The tech guy was really great and patient. He talked me through cleaning out any dirt or debris that was keeping my flash from working. Since then, the flash has never failed when I need it. The only downside, and I knew this before buying, is how bulky it can be when your vacationing and have to carry it around all day.

Image Quality
Makes my pictures look better.

After initial cleaning of flash area - no problems.

It has to be for me to like it. I can be technically challenged.

so far - so good. Took it to Disney and it survived.

Battery Life
Has a good long life and I always carry a spare.

Portability
Knew it would be larger than my point and shoot. I bought a small padded camera bag for it by Case Logic that has a sling to rest the camera in and enough storage for extra lens, memory cards and battery.

• Portability:

Very happy with this purchase

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I have had the Canon Rebel T2I for a little over 2 years now. I use it all the time and so far have had no issues with it malfunctioning or anything like that. I use it both casually at home with my children (basically like a point and shoot) but have also used it in a semi-professional setting. I have taken pictures of families and for weddings etc. and they turn out great. It is definitely a camera for a casual photographer. It is very easy to use even though there are a lot of advanced functions for those times when you need them. The great thing is it will take great pics even if you dont know how to use the advanced settings. Battery life is excellent. I have really enjoyed this camera and would recommend it to a friend.

• Portability:

Easy to use & picture perfect

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Canon - EOS Rebel T2i Digital Camera:

I got this camera as a gift. After using point and shoot for all of my digital photos I was excited to use a SLR style again. This camera is very easy to use for someone who is more of an auto setting kind of person. I had a little confusion getting the flash to work exactly how and when I wanted, but after some help from a friend I got it figured out. Great size. Takes wonderful pictures.

Image Quality
I am very pleased. I have had some great results using no flash, which I have never done much of in the past with other cameras.

Some features took some time to figure out, but they work well once you know what to do.

The instruction book could be a little more user friendly, but mostly the camera is easy to use.

Holding up well.

Battery Life
So far very good. I always carry a back up to be safe.

Portability
With little kids it is a little much to carry. Luckily I can put this in the stroller when I am not using.