Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera

Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera

• Portability:

Full frame, great in low light, minimal noise.

The 5D is a fantastic professional camera. It's reasonably priced compared to some of the other choices out there, and unlike Canon's 1Ds series full frame cameras, it's not going to eat up your hard drive with impossibly large picture files, even in RAW mode. It's flexible for all your needs-- I've shot weddings with it one day and horse racing the next.

For those of you who shoot indoors without flash, it practically shoots in the dark-- clean images with minimal noise at ISO 1600+. What noise you get looks like film grain.

A word of caution: This is not a consumer camera-- if you need the hand holding modes like portrait and sports, they're not there. Neither is that useless little pop-up flash-- the 5D is based on the EOS-3 film camera chassis.

buy the camera

<ejjnarjknejrkjkeg eikjgjgfjgkdfjg djdfjjgdfjfgk fjgdjjdjfgjdfg dfgjdfgjfhjfhjdfhgjdfhjdfjhg

fantastic professional camera i can Say that

from Algeria (elbayadh)

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Small / Compact

Cons

• Limited Zoom

• Family Photos
  • Macro Photography
  • Video

I want to send me this camera Like A free gift ^_^

• Was this a gift?:

buy the camera

from algeria

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Fast Shutter Speed
  • High ISO Performance
  • Large Clear LCD
  • Tilt /Swivel LCD

• Family Photos
    • Landscape/Scenery
    • Travel
    • Wildlife photos

• Was this a gift?:

Professional camera for a professional

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

I absolutely adore this camera. My husband is a photographer and since we have gotten this camera we have NOT been to have our pictures made at any other studio other than our very own house. The quality of the photos are unparalleled with others that I have paid ridiculous amounts of money for. If you buy this camera, you will make all of the money back plus more. With the money that we have saved by not purchasing studio pictures and on top of that our extended family pays us a fee and we take all of their photos! There is just no comparison! Really and truly it has just changed so much towards the positive. My husband loves it, I feel comfortable using it, and my daughter loves to pose for pictures! If your even thinking about purchasing I would say YES do it!

Unparalleled

One of the very best

It took me a few tries it I now feel confident using it!

Lasts for several days

Portability
    Fits easily in my husbands camera case! Very portable

Excellent photos every time

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

The photos we've taken with this camera are amazing! The quality just can't be beat, even with all the fantastic cameras available in smaller sizes. This Canon is an improvement upon the older models, as it is smaller and lighter weight, and the photo quality is great every time. We use a small remote timer we purchased separate to take family photos, and you can set it up to just snap away. Everyone asks where we had our photos done; they don't look like typical snapshots in the living room, even though that's what they are. I've used this camera at sporting events, formal parties, kids' events, and pretty much everywhere, and I have never yet been disappointed. The only downside is just portability; it's not as easy to tote this around as it is to just use a camera phone. But when you want good photos, this is the camera to bring.

Very nice quality photos

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

I have had this camera for many years now and have used it for thousands of photographs including family, wedding, bridal and baby showers, and many other occasions. It definitely takes high quality images and they always print out very nice and sharp. I love the many features it has, including the night feature, which is sometimes hard to snap because many cameras do not perform very well in that category. This camera is definitely simple to use, and it very durable, especially after dropping it a few times. It is portable so you can take it with you very easily without it being too heavy. The battery lasts a long time and does not wear out quickly, especially after heavy use. I am in love with this camera and plan on using it for many more years to come!

Love it.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

I wanted a nice camera ever since my first child was born; it was not until the third came along did I finally get one! I love this Canon because it is super easy to use and the pictures, while not completely professional looking, do really look great. Very happy with this purchase.

Great multi purpose camera

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

This isn't the latest and the greatest as far as cameras are concerned, but I would still recomend this camera. The Canon EOS 5D Digital camera takes professional looking shots even if you're a novice. This is the camera you want to use if you enjoy entering photo competitions and winning. I was even able to sell some of my pictures to the local paper! I am not a professional photographer, but this camera makes me feel like I am one! You can expect crisp photos that come out looking (most of the time) like you hoped they would. There are so many different kinds of lenses that can be used with this camera so trust me you will never get bored using it.

Image Quality
    You will get crystal clear pictures, but not so much in very low light.

This camera has no pop up flash so it may be an issue if you don't have your flash hooked up and need it to snap a photo. However on the plus side,
    there are so many different kinds of lenses that are compatable with it.

All you need is basic camera knowledge to use this camera.

I don't know how many times I've dropped my camera and not only does it still work like new, but it still looks decent.

Battery Life
    Going out for a day of shooting I usually bring a couple of back up batteries just in case, but I hardly ever need them.

Portability
    The sturdy build of this camera makes it easy to transport safely.

Best Camera in Existance

from Van Nuys, CA

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

I work professionally in media, and I can say confidently with out a doubt that the Canon EOS 5D series are the finest pro-sumer camera bodies Canon have ever made. The only thing that comes close to this is it's little brother the 7D.

Image Quality
    Quite possibly the highest resolutions I've ever seen for a camera of this class, its a bit pricey but you're paying for an exceptional product.

This camera is smooth, its the only real way I can describe it. Various lenses fit in nice and tight, the software runs fast and almost every aspect of this camera is completely customizable.

I would recommend this mainly for professional photographers or film makers because it is a little complicated for some one who doesn't have a decent amount experience in professional photography. But if you're willing to learn then buckle down for some hard learning.

The camera body is build like a tank, it can survive anything you can throw at it. Be it rain, snow or even getting run over by a truck. This camera will survive it with out question.

Battery Life
    It usually varies depending on what battery you've bought for it, the standard will go for quite a few hours depending on how actively your using it. If you by a battery grip however you can double the life with some stored spares on hand just in case.

Portability
    So long as you don't carry any large volumes of additional lens or accessories. The camera itself is a reasonable size, though it will get larger quickly with more add-ons you apply.

• Portability:

My favorite item I've gotten for myself

from Flat Rock, MI

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

Takes the best pictures, and so easy to learn to use

Image Quality
    no matter what size, the pictures are crystal clear

I'm new at taking pictures and this camera has taught me so much. so much can be done, it's just the best

The book gives all the tips needed to get great pics

just like any camera, caution needs to first, but it is something that should be in it's case when not in use

Battery Life
    I take many photos, and the battery keeps up with me

Portability
    It's larger, but for me it;s just not a problem

• Portability:

My one and only digital SLR

from Garfield, NJ

Comments about Canon - EOS 5D Digital Camera:

Just like the EOS 620 I bought back in 1984, my EOS 5 will be the one and only SLR that I will ever have to buy. This camera has all of the features that any one will ever need in a SLR. It is made to take the best pictures possible (not video) and will use my full collection of lens that I had for my old film camera. Canon has once again come up with a real winner!