4.8

Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera

4.8

My first DSLR

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

This was my very first DSLR camera, after only ever using point and shoot cameras, and I love it! It is amazing how much you can do with this camera! The camera is very user friendly and pretty easy to learn. I like that this camera has a relatively low price (for a DSLR) and allows people who want to expand in photography to upgrade without going broke. I started with just the kit lens that came with this camera, and it's a decent lens, fine for someone just starting with a DSLR. This camera can be used for many things, I have used it for macro photography, landscape photography, portraits, engagements, newborns, etc. - The list just goes on! Obviously there are better DSLR's out there and if you are going to be a professional photographer you may want to upgrade - I consider this camera entry level DSLR - but it is perfect for learning! If you're just looking for higher quality pictures, this DSLR would also be fine for you, they are a lot of auto modes that still allow you to take a great picture without knowing anything! Overall great camera, I love mine!

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

I became a professional photographer!!

from Rockville, MD

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

This is my first ever SLR and before getting this I used only a point & shoot camera and I should say my view of whole world changed!! I was contemplating about getting a Nikon 5000 but finally went to this camera based on the price and it is great for its price and is amazing.

Features: 15.1 MP sensor, 3" LCD, HD video (though you can use 1080p, 720 p is better), HDMI connectivity, smaller size (compared to other DSLRs), many lens options, Digic image processor!!

Price: When compared to NIkonD5000 T1i is relatively cheap. I got it with a printer rebate and it was a better deal for me!!

Ease of Use: Very easy to use for even a SLR novice like me!! It is pretty comfortable for taking pictures and recording videos.It is very user friendly I would say!!

Picture qualit: I would say it takes decent pictures and the best are the action shots. I could catch my kids expressions and surprises in the same way as he shows!!

Recommendation: For any SLR novice who are worrying about using the SLR, I would recommend them to try T1i as it is very easy and the pictures are great and videos are much more impressive.

I'm a Canon Girl!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

Canon is my favorite brand. From point and shoots to DSLRs... I love Canon!

I have had my T1i for 2 years. It's an excellent camera. It's very user friendly right out of the box. There are enough "auto" modes that you can get excellent pictures without knowing what the heck you are doing! LOL I have two crazy boys that love to run from the camera. With the handy dandy "sport" function... I can catch them and my photo isn't blury! My oldest son loves to see his "action shots"... like flips and stunts.

The video quality on this camera is excellent. I love that I don't have to carry around a seperate video camera. I have everything I need in this unit itself. You can easily switch back and forth from picture taking to video recording.

The 15 mega pixels produces gorgeous professional photographs! My husband won't let me go to the portrait studios anymore! I now have to do them at home myself. And you know what...mine turn out better! LOL

Overall I would highly recommend this camera. It's an excellent value and superb quality. You won't be disappointed!

canon rebel T1i will rock your face off

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

this camera has been awesome...it will totally change the way you take pictures, especially if you're moving up from a point and shoot. it's also really easy to learn. definitely purchase this if you're a newbie at photography or just want to take your pictures up to the next level.

quality product

from Winnetka, IL

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

15.1 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor DSLR that features 1080p HD video recording at 20fps, DIGIC 4 Image Processor offering better noise reduction at higher ISO’s and continuous shooting speeds of up to 3.4 fps delivering 170 large JPEG images in a one burst, 3.0-inch Clear View LCD, Auto Lighting Optimizer for increased highlight-shadow control, ISO range from 100 to 3200 (ISO expansion: 6400, 12800), Live View, and camera dimensions are (WxHxD) Approx. 5.1 x 3.8 x 2.4 in./128.8 x 97.5 x 61.9mm Weight – Approx. 16.9oz./480g (body only).

This DSLR is easy to use and gives you great picture quality.  I use this for indoor sports that do no give great lighting.  By using the Auto Lighting Optimizer I was able to get some great pictures.

The one negative that I found with the camera was that the frames that you get per second is not at the speed I would like.  I use my camera for gymnastics and need to get quick shots and the camera is a little slow.

The Canon EOS Rebel T1i has helped me advance my photography!

from Arvada, CO

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

I've had my Canon T1i for 2 years now.  It has continued to perform well with frequent (and sometimes rapid/high volume) use.  I feel that the controls are pretty straightforward and have allowed me continued experimentation, which has advance my skills.  While I would love to advance to an even higher level camera, budget keeps me with this one - but it's not that big a sacrifice as I feel it performs extremely well for me.

Awesome Camera!!!!!

from Columbia, KY

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

The Canon EOS Rebel T1i is an awesome camera!!  This is my first ever DSLR camera, and I couldn't be more satisfied.  I previously owned a 35 mm Canon Rebel, and felt the same way about it.  As technology increases, so does our desire to have what's even better.  And Canon is definately lining up to the mark.  I am a mother of 2, and am constantly taking pictures, scrapbooking, and simply trying to record memories.  I will always be faithful to the Canon name!!!!

My favorite camera ever

from Georgetown, IN

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

My husband got this for me for Christmas and I love it. It takes wonderfull pics, we enlarged some pics of our children to 20x30 poster and framed them. They look professional. I expect to use this camera for yrs to come .

the cannon eos 500 digital camera is one of the best camera's

from Austin, MN

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

I have owned several cannon camera's from the 35 mm to the digital one that I currently own. I trust the brand and it has alway's given me some excellent pictures. I purchased the longer and stronger lense when I had my 35mm camera and I love the fact that it was interchangeable with my current digital one. That was one of the plus features that I really enjoy. I take portrait pictures with my camera in fact I took all of my Grandson's graduation pictures with mine and they turned out just as well as a proffessional's  and alot less money.

Amature or Pro, You're gonna love this Camera!

from Haines City, FL

Comments about Canon EOS 500D / EOS Rebel T1i Body Only Digital Camera:

Beauty exhist everywhere and in everything in this wonderful world we live in. With a camera, you can't always capture that beauty and with a regular point and shoot camera, not only does it become frustrating to capture what you see, but it is also extremely frustrating to do so. The amount that is in focus in the shot can hardly ever be changed with regular digital cameras and the Pro SLR's are generally pricey and can be more than just complicated to learn and by the time you do, that moment in time you longed to capture is gone. With a Canon EOS Rebel, none of these issues exhist for you. You can show your artistic without having to take classes to learn how it works. It's simple and not going to burn a hole in your wallet like most other decent cameras. The options for what kind of picture you want are easy to understand and you can create a picture that will be favored by everyone. Nobody would ever know that you were an amature and it's a favorite amongst the pros because of all the features inside the camera. Best of all, With the Canon EOS Rebel, you dont ever need to worry about missing that *one* moment. It will be perfectly captured right before your eyes, and look as good as you see it now, in a photograph to treasure forever. If you're missing out on the Canon EOS Rebel, you're missing out on a lifetime of captured beauty.