View more digital cameras

Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
Canon - EOS-20D Body Only Digital Camera

Canon - EOS-20D Body Only Digital Camera

Great camera for the price!

from Goldsboro, NC

Comments about Canon - EOS-20D Body Only Digital Camera:

I recently bought the Canon EOS 20D used and so far I have been very happy with my purchase! This is a very good camera for the price since it released a few years ago and is no longer the "newest" model. It has all the features I need and takes wonderful pictures that are very clear and sharp. I am a complete beginner and it has been very easy for me to learn by just playing around with it. The only complaint I have is the digital screen is a little small for me, I would like to have a bit larger of a screen. Other than that it is perfect. It is never blurry and has many different shooting options. The instructions are easy to read and understand. The camera starts quickly and shoots quickly. It is a little loud when you are taking pictures but it has never bothered me at all. It is also the perfect weight, not to heavy but feels good in your hands. I like how easy is is to find lenses and acsessories for it as well. Perfect for a beginner who wants a more advanced camera than a point and shoot but cant afford the "newest" model!

Great step up from Rebel

from High Point, NC

Comments about Canon - EOS-20D Body Only Digital Camera:

I decided to move up to the Canon 20D, from the Rebel. It is very easy to use & has several options to use from beginner "dummy" mode to professional quality photos & portraits. All of my SLR film lenses converted, battery life is strong, and it's very fast. I am not a pro, but my pics say otherwise! Great for parents, everyday use, all the way to making a living from taking pics. Very pleased!!

The Canon 20D is the best bang for your buck

from Oxford, MS

Comments about Canon - EOS-20D Body Only Digital Camera:

I've used this camera for more than 5 years now, and besides the fact that I do need to send it back to Canon to have the sensor cleaned at least once a year, it's been an amazing camera. I've shot more than 30 weddings with this camera and I'd hazard a guess at more than 500,000 images. If you're an amateur photographer just starting out, this is a good camera to start with. It includes all the bells and whistles, but you won't have to pay an arm and a leg for it like you would with the 50D. I'd even buy one of these that is lightly used. Look for a package deal where you can get a 200-300 mm lens with it as well. While I would love to upgrade the megapixel amount, this a great camera if you're just trying to make ends meet. Other cameras I suggest you check out are the Canon Rebel, Canon Rebel XTi and Rebel XSi. My second shooter used the XTi and of course the lenses for both the XTi and 20D are interchangeable, if she ever had any questions regarding her camera interface, it was very easy to explain and walk her through. Also, the Speedlite flash series work very well with the Canon D series cameras.

It's really all you'll need -- ever!

from Antelope, CA

Comments about Canon - EOS-20D Body Only Digital Camera:

I purchased this camera body in 2005 and I didn't need to purchase any lenses for it because all of Canon's SLR lenses for film cameras work on it! Luckily, I had such a camera with many of these lenses and it's true -- they all worked, so don't get rid of your film camera's lenses if you buy a digital SLR of the same brand. At least, that's the way it is with Canon. Here's the downside: one of my lenses is a generic brand that works perfectly with the Canon film SLR but only sporadically with the digital version. Therefore, I'd recommend Canon only lenses. Another downside is that it's very heavy compared to its point-and-shoot counterparts; however, SLR users are a breed unto themselves. That is, they (we) have no qualms about packing along a heavy camera and its accessories. The Canon 20D digital SLR can be as simple or as complicated as you'd like. You can point and shoot or you can make as many complicated adjustments to your heart's content. It's a very versatile camera and I wouldn't change it for the world. If you're thinking about "upgrading" to a higher megapixel, don't waste your money. Really, how big do you want your photos? A camera with 8.1 megapixels is way more than any photographer -- even a professional one -- would need.