Other Digital Cameras:

Canon EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera

my favorite camera

from usa

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Easy To Set Up

Cons

• Flimsy Construction

• Replacement

Comments about Canon EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera:

Canon EOS 60D is great for the ambitious amateur or dedicated professional, this Canon DSLR camera makes it a snap to produce high-quality pictures and movies. The included UD zoom lens provides a high-resolution photo with reduced chromatic aberration and its refined image stabilization technology steadies the shot and reduces blur, resulting in a sharp and clear picture.

• Primary use:
  • Personal
  • Was this a gift?:

Professional camera and images are very clear

from israel

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good in Low Light
  • Great Resolution
  • Great Zoom
  • Large Clear LCD

• Video
    • Weddings/Events
    • Wildlife photos

Comments about Canon EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera:

Professional camera and images are very clear, but the price is very high

• Was this a gift?:

This thing is incredible!!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Canon EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera:

This is quite possibly the perfect camera. The 1.3 mag factor eliminates the outside and flawed parts of a lens removing the vinetting and pincushion you might find, the 10 fps means you are shooting at about half the rate of a movie, and the highlight tone priority is awesome.Battery life - I've taken thousands of pictures (RAW and jpg) and it's only at half powerIf you're one of those people who talk about it "only being 10 MB" or "too much - I'll get a Rebel instead" you're right, this is not for you.

Better but not the best

from Goodlettsville, TN

Comments about Canon EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera:

My husband is actually the photographer in this household but I am the one who gets to deal with all the gear purchases and warranty stuff when he has problems. He bought this camera less than a year ago and we have already had to send it in twice for calibration and cleaning as well as a new shutter. We could have just gotten a lemon but I have heard of quite a few photographers having this issue with their cameras. Fortunately canon is an amazing company and we have had to pay very little for the things we have had to have fixed, even right at the end of the warranty period. My husband complains about this camera and the issues it has with focusing a lot. He really wants the next step up but is dealing with this until he can afford the upgrade.

If you are questioning whether or not to buy this camera because you are worried about all the stories you have heard with calibration and shutter problems I can pretty confidently say not to worry. Canon has taken care of us really well.

it is the best camera ever.

from Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Comments about Canon EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera:

The camera that i have just shown you is one of the many cameras that are my favorite.  I am like a camera geek and love to take pictures of nature and animals.  when i get a job as a photographer i think that will be my main job to everything.  i would also like to be a vet and learn more about animals and help them survive.  i also would like to have two german sheperds and two maine coons.  I would like to have all of them in shows and breeding.  Best of all is when i get my dogs and cats i will be able to breed them and have little puppies and kittens.  the better part is there will be a lot of kittens and puppies because german sheperds and maine coons are very big breeds for cat and dog.  so they will have more kittens than other cats and dogs have.  i wil maybe make a breeding thing for dogs and cats and sell them to good homes.  all in all ill have a great life

WOW. Canon did it again with the 1D Mark III

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Canon EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera:

Nikon, beware. The Canon 1D Mark III is the latest in a line of digital professional camera bodies. I am a professional photographer and have worked as a staff photographer for newspapers for the past thirty years. I started back in the 70's with the old Canon A-1 film camera. I've never looked back. Since digital evolved into a mainstream media, I've always used Canon bodies. I started with the original Canon 1D (4 megapixels). After I abused 3 of those bodies (I'm pretty tough on equipment) Canon came out with the next generation (1D Mark II). I got 3 of those and pretty much abused those also. The image quality went up as well as the functionality. Then the Mark III came out. Yet again, three more bodies. The image quality is outstanding and I'm amazed every day. The great thing that I rely on almost every day is the really high ISO available. I shoot mostly sports and need lots of sensitivity to stop sports action. The Mark III does it perfectly. The CMOS imager chip is far superior of the CCD as it keeps the noise down. One big downfall is the change in accessories. The mark III has a new, higher capacity battery that is different from the others. If, buying a couple new batteries is the only thing I have to do, that's money well spent.