Other Cookwares:
Calphalon D1382PB Commercial Hard-Anodized 12-inch Everyday Pan with Lid

Calphalon D1382PB Commercial Hard-Anodized 12-inch Everyday Pan with Lid

Great addition to your Calphalon Collection

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Calphalon D1382PB Commercial Hard-Anodized 12-inch Everyday Pan with Lid:

I think the Calphalon Hard-anodized 12-inch everyday pan is a great addition to the larger Calphalon cookware sets. With this 12-inch pan, you have a lot of options. I really like the double handles on the side instead of the longer handle. It just gives you more variety for whatever you might be cooking. This kind of pan would be good for fried chicken or pork chops. This would even be good for a stir-fry as well. I really love the hard anodized from Calphalon and found that of all the different brands I liked the Calphalon the best. My pans have held up really well over the last year and a half that I have had them. I think that anyone wanting to try a different type of pan should start with the hard anodized to see how they like it.

Heat Distribution
The heat distribution on these pans is great.

Ease of Handling
The double handles on this particular pan make it easy to handle and also gives you more room in the stove.

• Doesn't Stick:
  • Heat Distribution:
  • Ease of Handling:

Save your money

I rated this a 3 because I don't think its a good value for the money. I think you would be better off getting a wok or another large skillet with sides.

Doesn't Stick
I will say that things don't stick to it all that much. But I don't like that I can not cook on extreme heat with it, because of the non stick coating and I got this to use as a wok kind of thing.

Heat Distribution
It cooks well but I would like to cook on a higher heat and for it to heat up quicker

Ease of Handling
Its a little awkward because of the handles on the sides. because of that too its a little hard to stack and store.

Don't put it in the dishwasher because it will ruin the coating on the inside and out.

I think it would be better as more of a wok shape instead of an inbetween pan and wok. The sides aren't tall enough for cooking in this

It costs a lot so I would think it was going to hold up but already I have had the handle come off the lid and the bottom outside is becoming discolored.

• Doesn't Stick:
  • Heat Distribution:
  • Ease of Handling:

Truly an EVERYDAY Pan!

from Sonoma, CA

I've had this pan for several years and I still love it!

I purchased it because I found a great price, and thought it might be a nice addition to the pans I already have. I was absolutey right.

The size of this pan is great! We are a family of four, and a lot fits in this pan! I often cook lots of veggies and then add noodles to let them steam with the lid on, and it all fits!

My lid is different than shown, it's also the hard anodized material.

I'd never had or used hard anodized pans before this. I was really unsure about it or how to use it and what to expect. It's been great. It's very sturdy, cooks evenly, and cleans well. It also seasons with use making it even better to cook in and easier to clean.

I fry in this pan, I saute in it. I use it like a wok, and I use it a little like a steamer. It's incredibly versatile and great to cook in. The Everyday name actually fits. I may not actually use this everyday, but I easily could! Very practical!

Great Pan better than non stick

from Sugar Land, TX

I am in love with Calphalon Anodized pan. My mom got two of these pans as a gift for me and at first I did not think that they could stand up to the non-stick pans that I own. I was so wrong, these pans are amazing. They can take high temperatures and still the food comes out with just a push of the spatula. I have been able to cook crepes on it with zero amount of oil/butter. I am on a no-fat diet and it was getting very hard for me to cook something that would not require any oil/butter. But with these pans I just pour the batter and the food cooks evenly and is ready to be flipped and tossed. The food does not stick to the ends or corners, everything comes out! With all this said I did manage to burn some veggies onto this pan and I thought that was it for this pan. However I tossed the food and placed the pan under warm water and the entire stuck up food bits cam off instantly! The pan was spic and span as before. I would recommend this to anyone who hates grease in their food, love to cook or is amateur cook who burn food ofter.

This Calphalon pan stands up to hard use

from Warner Robins, GA

We got this pan for our wedding over six years ago and I use it everyday.  Perfect for just about EVERYTHING!  Super sturdy construction stands up to use several times a day and is great both on the stove top and in the oven.  I even got rid of all of our non-stick pans because we weren't using them anymore.  This pan gets used for everything from scrambling eggs to browning roasts.  A great size for sauteing large amounts of veggies, or even for stir-frying! Just a little olive oil and you're good to go!

I do not have the lid for this pan, but I'm sure it would be a great addition.  As it is, I ususally just use the lid from my stock pot if I need to cover the pan.

The only thing you do need to be aware of is that this pan is not dishwasher safe.  However, it's pretty easy to clean up by hand. While it is not a non-stick finish, I've found that if anything ever sticks to it, all it needs is a five-minute soak and any remaining food comes right off.

It's an 'everyday pan' and you will use it almost everyday!

from Middletown, MD

If I only had one pan in my kitchen this would be the one.  I make a lot of one dish meals in my 'everyday pan'.  Just saute the meat, add the vegetables, rice or pasta, simmer to perfection. This pan will even go to the oven to cook or just to keep warm.

One night when I was late getting dinner, and didn't have a lot of time, I sauteed some chicken strips, with onion, peppers, and garlic.  Then opened a can of diced tomatoes and added it to the pan.  Next I added some frozen mixed vegetables and a handful of macaroni.  My seasonings were salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, fennel seed and marjoram.  Wow! that was wonderful.

Another night I made sweet & sour pork.  Another was Sloppy Joes.  The possibilities are as endless as the imagination.

I love to cook and love to have good cookware.  I have several pieces of Calphalon and remain pleased with them all!