4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Handling:

The Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker exceeded my expectations.

I purchased the Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker from a co-worker having a Pampered Chef Party mainly for the price.  After all, it was only a gesture of being cordial.  To my surprise, the Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker exceeded my expectations.  With my lifestyle changes of becoming more healthy, it truly has become a valuable part of my kitchen/cooking routine.  I found myself not only steaming vegatables with it in the microwave with a little bit of water in the bottom but, I also found myself using it for alot of prep work.  For example, Sunday we like to have brunch.  A mainstay at brunch is Homefries with onions and garlic.  It is so much easier and healthier to slice up my potatoes and onions, put them into the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker with a little bit of water and pop it into the microwave.  That one little step cuts down on not only time but calories.  The contents then is transfered to a pan for browning with olive oil.  It is also very easy to clean. Nothing sticks to it.

Not only was I impressed by it but my boyfriend at the time was.  I endeded up having to find someone else having a Pampered Chef party and purchasing another one for him.  Since then, I have added alot of Pampered Chef products to my kitchen items/cookware inventory.  I only wish that I can buy them in the stores.  I would recommend to anyone to try them out for themselves.

A Great Item, but Opt for the Larger Size

*Disclaimer:  I sell Pampered Chef because I love it, rather than the other way around.*

I'll start by emphasizing, I am a big fan of the large micro-cooker.  However, before owning my large Micro-Cooker, I first started with the Small Micro-Cooker.  And rarely used it.  I loved the price and thought it seemed useful based on what it should do.  Then I realized I had little need for a small pot for microwaving things.

Then I was told that the Micro-Cookers could be used for meat in the microwave.  And a light came on.  I realized, though, that a typical pound of meat, when starting at a semi-frozen state (don't tell me I'm the only one out there who can forget to defrost), did not fit into the small cooker (even 1lb of meat thawed is a tough squeeze).  So, my first step was to invest in the larger size (fortunately not a large investment thanks to the nice price tag).  Now that I've used my larger one quite often, I've learned the types of things I can use the small one for - primarily for steaming smaller amounts of frozen, bagged veggies.

Overall, though, I would say, if you're looking for a Micro-Cooker, go for the large size and you won't be sorry.

Nice

from Campbell Ohio

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Distributes Heat Evenly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Handle Stays Cool
  • Heats Quickly
  • Non-Stick
  • Retains Heat

Cons

• Gifts
    • Small Kitchens

Loved it!

Great for Vegetables

from Utah

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

This Pampered Chef micro-cooker is a great little plastic pan for steaming vegetables in the microwave. It is plastic, so it obviously cannot be used on the stove. But in the microwave, it can cook extremely quickly. Even frozen vegetables can be put in it with some water, turned on for four to five minutes, and steamed thoroughly. The plastic lid clips on, and the holes in the top allow the steam to escape while cooking. An added bonus is that the pan can be removed from the microwave and tipped over the sink to drain the excess water. The lid is still clipped on, so it can hold the vegetables inside without spilling them while the water is poured out through the holes in the lid. This is an extremely fast and easy way to steam vegetables in a healthy manner.

Sometimes bits of corn will get stuck in the holes in the lid after draining water through it. But most other vegetables do not have this problem. Other than this, it is extremely easy to clean.

Makes cooking easier

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

I really like the Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker, and I can use it to put anything in the microwave. I put veggies in the micro-cooker as well as melting chocolate in the micro-cooker. This helps speed up cooking when you are making a lot of food on the stove and you need to make something quickly in the microwave.

This is also relatively low priced, and it easy to store by stacking them inside each other. It's also easy to clean because you can put this in the dishwasher.

Doesn't Stick
    I never had a problem with anything sticking within the micro-cooker.

Heat Distribution
    Everything within this cooker bakes evenly.

I always put this in the dishwasher, so it is very easy to clean. Even if you have to wash it by hand, it's relatively quick and easy to clean.

Since these are made of plastic, they are very durable. I am still on my first cooker that I originally purchased. I have had no problems with cracks or breaks in the plastic.

Pretty cool little idea!

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

Pampered Chef makes the neatest things, and this micro-cooker is no different!

Doesn't Stick
    I have not had anything stick in here, but I generally only cook veggies and steamer stiff in it. If you are worried about something sticking, I would give it a quick spray first

Heat Distribution
    I have yet to have anything come out unevenly cooked or not right. I have a microwave that turns though so that might help a little.

Ease of Handling
    Super easy to use and very user friendly. Just add your food, cover and microwave!

I love that I can put this in the dishwasher! I am not a fan of hand washing at all, so this really sold it for me! Its small enough to fit on the top rack too, leaving more room for larger things on the bottom

I love this little gadget. I will say that its a little bit smaller than I would like, and had I really paid attention to the measurements in the ad, I would had sprung for the next size up one. You can only fit about enough for a serving for one person in this. I LOVE the whole idea of it though. Its so awesome to be able to boil and strain my food, in one little pot, that cooks in the microwave. Definitely original and a really good idea.

I have had this small pot for a few years and have had no issues or major signs of wear at all

LOVE the Micro-Cooker, Especially for Steaming Veggies

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

I have really been impressed by Pampered Chef’s Micro-Cooker. At our house, we have mainly used it for steaming vegetables, but to that extent it has done a fantastic job! It steams effectively and thoroughly. Sometimes it takes the top few layers of vegetables (or fruit) a few extra minutes to get as soft as the bottom layer, but it’s not too bad. I have had steamers in the past where the bottom layer would be soggy by the time the top layer was steamed, and this cooker does not cook as unevenly as that.

The cooker itself is fairly easy to clean as high as the water level anyway. Above the water level tends to be a little more difficult to clean, but as long as you’re using a scrubber brush it should be fine. I really like the material this cooker is made out of. We have thoroughly scrubbed it, accidentally dropped it, and used it at least dozens of times and it has still proven to do a good job with our vegetables.

I also let my children occasionally use it to play house with, since it is so small. It fits perfectly on their play stove. Despite being handled by children, it still works great!

As always with Pampered Chef items, the only negative aspect of this product was the price.

so handy

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

A friend of mine invited me to a Pampered Chef party and I felt obligated to purchase something because we always help each other out with things like that. I didn't have a lot of money at the time, so I was looking for something relatively inexpensive that I thought I would actually use. That's when I saw the Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker and thought I would give it a try.I love this thing! I use it all the time. I usually use it to heat green beans or corn in and I love that the top is also a strainer. This little thing is also good to steam veggies in, and it makes it easy to eat healthier. I like that the handle does not get hot and I don't burn my hand on it when I grab it to remove it from the microwave. It is also dishwasher safe, so cleanup is so easy as well. I now own three of these and I have also bought them and gave them to family members and friends as gifts. Everyone loves them as much as I do. I highly recommend this!

The Most Used Cooker In The Kitchen

from Potomac, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

We love this little pot. Why don't we have at least half a dozen??? Because I hate going to Pampered Chef parties? I know I can order another one online. So I will do that. Often this goes from one task to the next with a good washing in between. This is great for soup, reheating, vegetables, sauces, oatmeal. The vents on the lid allow the contents to heat quickly without microwave spatter. With a large microwave you can probably get two of these in at the same time. My family has won the microwave spatter award 10 years running. The handle lets you take it out of the microwave easily and keeps you from getting steam burns. Late night? Only one at home having a meal? We eat right out of it. Husband leaves it in sink to "soak"? So not necessary, even with oatmeal. It cleans easily, doesn't stain, won't shatter in the microwave and can't be broken. I would say that heat distribution is more a factor of the microwave than the pan. I stir every couple of minutes unless the heating process is very short.

Best butter-melter ever.

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

I initially bought this piece for the sole purpose of melting butter in the microwave. I loved that it had a lid and would eliminate splatters. Since then, I've learned that I can use it for much more. I've owned this Micro-Cooker for over 10 years. I use it to steam vegetables, melt chocolate, and make microwave fudge. I also use it to thaw frozen items, like frozen vegetables. And, I occasionally cook raw chicken in it. You can cook chicken through without getting over-cooked edges. The only thing I can find negative, and this is not a big deal, is that eventually you over-cook something in it and you get white spots in the bottom that won't come off. I have no idea why. However, it does not affect the product in the least.

Doesn't Stick
    I've never had anything stick to the inside of this piece.

Heat Distribution
    Everything cooks evenly. I've never had a problem with uneven cooking.

Ease of Handling
    The handle does not get hot so no mitt or hot pad is needed to remove it from the microwave.

It is simple to clean. Just toss it in the dishwasher.

I love the straining lid, the pour spout, and the handle. I also love that the lid snaps on to keep it secure for straining.

In 10 years, I've had no problems with cracking or warping.

• Ease of Handling:

Great for single serving vegetables.

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

I used to rarely eat steamed vegetables when just cooking for myself because I hated dirtying my big steamer pot (which is hard to clean) and having to watch it closely for doneness. That's why I love this Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker. I just throw veggies and a little water in and microwave which means I can walk away until its done. It's easy to clean and it stores nicely in my stack of bowls.

I worried the veggies would be off in taste or texture being microwaved instead of steamed on the stove. Honestly, they're pretty good. Maybe not quite as good, but good enough for most nights.

I also own the bigger size Micro-Cooker and I use that one regularly for family meals because this one is too small. However, I use this one all the time when I'm preparing a meal for just me.

I like the design of this one with the one long handle. It helps keep your hands away from the hot steam when you're taking it out of the microwave and when draining the water.

• Ease of Handling:

A must have for every kitchen

Comments about Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker:

I own two of the Pampered Chef Micro-cookers and I also bought my mom one. They are designed to use in the microwave, and they have a vented lid that slides on. It is perfect for heating up things like gravy or pasta sauce that would normally splatter, and I also use it for cooking vegetables. The design of the pot helps to steam them, and keep any liquid from splattering all over your microwave.

Doesn't Stick
    Food doesn't stick in these, so cleanup is not a chore.

It cooks food evenly.

Ease of Handling
    The long handle makes it easy to use, and the vented lid is a must for cooking with no mess.

Any food residue comes off easily.

These last a long time. I have had mine for years and it still looks great.