Other Cookwares:

Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Handling:

I would not be without my Presto electric skillet

Presto electric skillet is the best.  I am very careful in buying quality but affordable products.  I researched and read reviews on all kinds of skillets.  I had one years ago but it finally wore out and recently decided I needed to have one again.  What did I do without it?  it is an extra stove top when you are cooking a multicourse meal, like at Thanksgiving.  It will make perfect pancakes; forget ever using a skillet on the stove again.  It fries chicken fried steaks, chicken, sausage, etc. It will simmer casseroles and soups.  Great for keeping food warm for dinner parties.   Easy clean up and easy to store.  Read other product reviews and you will find they say things broke, or the heat element doesn't heat the entire surface, or the controls or awkward, etc., etc.  You will not be disappointed and price is very right.

Great for large families

I have a family of four. This is great for cooking pancakes or morning griddles. For me, I don't really use this product very much. In fact, after owning it for over 7 years, I have only used it a handful of times. I do like to keep it around just in case something goes wrong with the stove. The heat is very even. I like Presto's products, so that is why I went with this skillet.

Doesn't Stick
It does have a very good nonstick surface. I have not had any pancakes or other things stick to this.

I gave this a three for cleaning, just because it is difficult to clean an item that you cannot submerge in water because of the electric plug-in, in the side of it.

Overall, this unit is a very good design. It has large handles on the side, and the knob is located where it can be easily adjusted.

While this is a pretty durable piece of kitchen equipment, in general, the legs have gotten really loose over time, and I have had to tighten them up a couple of times.

Love it!

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

I adore my electric skillet! It heats up quickly and evenly so I don't have to wait forever or worry about burning the one side while waiting for the other side to cook. I also like that the base won't heat up without the skillet potion on it. It makes me feel safer just on the off chance that I accidentally leave it on when I take the skillet part off to wash it. It is non-stick and they meant it. I just barely have to wipe it off with a sponge to clean it. Pancakes don't even stick to it if I forget to spray Pam onto the skillet before pouring in the batter. It has degree settings so I can cook basically anything in it and have the proper temperature. I also love that the top detaches to become a pan that I can just stick in the oven. It aves me from having to store yet another item. It's pretty sturdy too. It gets pushed around some in my cabinet but I have never seen any evidence of it, not even a scratch. If you're looking for a new skillet I would definitely suggest this one as an option!

Perfect

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

This Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover is great. It's easy to use, easy to wash, and just amazing. I use this Skillet at least every other night. It's so durable. It's perfect for large meals as well. It amazes me that the food doesn't stick to the skillet either.

Love it

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

I purchased the Presto Sixteen Inch Electric Skillet With Glass Cover 06852 quite a while back and I really do love it and am very happy I decided to purchase it. This electric skillet is so useful and I do get so much out if it. There are so many things I can cook in those Presto Skillet. I love to cook steaks and I love to make stir fry in my electric skillet. One of the best thing about this skillet is how evenly it cooks. Also this Presto Sixteen Inch Electric Skillet is non stick and therefore it is very easy to clean. This electric skillet is very versatile and you can use it for breakfast or dinner. Another good thing about this product is the price which is very reasonable. Most anyone should be able to afford this skillet. I would certainly recommend this Presto Sixteen Inch Electric Dkillet to all of my friends and family. You really will love this product and you will be so happy you bought it. This is also good to give as a gift such as for a wedding gift or house warming gift.

Convenient

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

This skillet is wonderful. It's easy to use, versatile, easy to clean, easy to store, and cooks possibly even better than having a stove. We use these at my work where we teach children to cook. These are perfect because they are so easy to move around, not too heavy, and great for travel. I would highly recommend this skillet for anyone who travels since you could easily take this with you to a hotel. I also think something like this would work really well for college students or for people who live in studio apartments or who have limited space. I've cooked almost anything you can imagine in this skillet and haven't had anything stick to it yet! This is a great buy and they make really great gifts! They are very affordable and like I said earlier, so easy to use that we teach children cooking lessons with them. They also last a long time. We've had ours for years and would definitely buy again!

love this electric skillet

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

I absolutely love my Presto 16-inch Electric Skillet with Glass Lid! I love to use it to fry hamburgers in because I can fit enough in there at once for my family. I usually have to use two skillets if I fry them in a regular skillet on top of the stove, which leaves with more items to wash during clean up. This electric skillet is also great to take along with us when we go camping. We always have electrical hook up when we camp and we can use the electric skillet to do almost all of our cooking. Whether it be breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits (yes you can fry biscuits and they are delicious), lunch with hot sandwiches, or dinner with steak and potatoes. You can cook anything in this skillet and it all tastes absolutely delicious. It heats quickly and evenly. It is durable (ours gets thrown around a lot when we go camping) and it is very easy to clean. I highly recommend this skillet to anyone who is looking for an electric skillet.

Decent Electric Skillet

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

I received this as a gift, kind of by mistake. Well, the gift was supposed to be for me it just wasn't what inane originally put on my list. See, my family exchanges names at Christmas. Along with the name of the persons name you also get a short list of gift ideas. I had put a skillet on my list, however I was really thinking that I wanted one of those long, rectangular pans that goes over two burners on the stove or a flat electric skillet for making things like pancakes and bacon.
Instead I got this, the Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover. It ended up sitting in its box on top of my refrigerator for almost a full year. Then my husband was planning an extended hunting trip. He takes a pop-up camper and though he has a generator for power, but his cooking capabilities are limited. I picked him up a cheap toaster and then I remembered that I had this skillet! It's perfect! I set it out with his stuff and he took it up north with him.
When he got back he said that it was perfect! It didn't draw too much power, it cooked everything nicely and evenly. The guys up there gave him a hard time about his wife packing so many things to make his stay easier but they were more than happy to eat what he cooked!

Great for large families

Doesn't Stick

Husband Loves the Presto Electric Skillet

from Pierpont, SD

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

When it came time to replace our electric skillet, I browsed the skillets at Herbergers and opted on this one. It was quite inexpensive. After using it, the clean up is slick. Also, the food does not stick to the surface. My favorite part is the glass cover. One can see the food as it simmers or cooks. It can be placed in the dishwasher too. However, the company has the caveat that dishwashing can discolor the bottom of the skillet. But that doesn't matter to me-it may for some. The Presto skillet doesn't take up much room in the cupboard, either. The skillet is versatile and can roast, fry, grill, bake, make casseroles and also stew. However, I've only used it to fry, so I can't vouch for its performance in the other areas. It does fry well, though. It also comes with a little guide as to how long and at what temperature setting foods should be cooked. Item is easy to put together and take apart for storage. It comes with a one year warranty.

Presto Electric Fry Pan

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

I like the Presto Electric Fry Pan for convenience and ease of use. The fact that it is immersible is a big plus for cleaning. However, the non-stick surface didn't hold up well. It heats up fast and the temperature control seems fairly accurate. Overall, I get a lot of use out of it. It's got plenty of room for cooking. It's especially good for rice, potatoes, chicken, steak, and even biscuits. The handles on the sides make it easy to serve food.

• Ease of Handling:

Great for large quantity food items!

from Westminster, MD

Comments about Presto 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover 0:

We used this skillet to make fried potatoes for Christmas breakfast because we didn't have a skillet large enough to hold the amount we needed. It was awesome! It doesn't stick, it equally distributes heat, was easy to clean - highly recommend it!

Obviously, you can't submerge it but otherwise easy to clean.