Other Flat Irons:
CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron

CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron

Pros

Cons

Tried others and I still love my CHI!

The Chi Flat Iron is by far the best.  I have tried and still own several flat irons and I will still stand beside CHI.  There are some that come close, but all in all the CHI still rocks.  I am an African American Female with extremely thick hair and when I have not had a relaxer, the CHI straightens me out.  When I have a relaxer it gives my hair a soft fluffy yet straight look.

A good hair straightener does not only straighten at first but has the ability to make hair remain straight throughout the day.  Once I use my CHI on Monday, as long as I wrap my hair at night I do not have to reuse it for days.

I do more than straighten my hair with my CHI, I do curls, flips, body curls, spirals, and give height.  Being able to do this is worth the amount I paid for mines.  The CHI doesn't burn your hair or your edges,

Before I purchased my CHI I had bought 6 hair straighteners, once I purchased my CHI, I have not had to purchase another.  I ended up with more than one to keep at the various places I spend a lot of time at to avoid carrying so much in my beauty bag while traveling but otherwise there would be no need for another.  My CHI has been with me now for 3 years and I love it, and I do not intend on replacing it unless it is with another CHI.

The one con I have which is my fault is that once you leave it on for a period of time and attempt to use it, the black part gets very hot and makes it difficult to touch, but that is because I leave mines on for long periods sometimes before styling my hair.

Outside of that, to buy a CHI is to buy a hair straightener that will stick with you for forever!

Good, but not that Great!

I've used over four different kinds of flat irons before I found the Chi. I was having trouble getting my hair completely straight, having an extra shine, and also the fact that my hair would burn when and flat iron even came close to my hair. My mom had me try the Chi one day and I fell in love. Every time that I used it, it let a finishing sparkle at the end of it, making it shine outrageously. Also, I would never hear my hair sizzle and burn when I placed the iron on my hair. It was truly amazing! I was using it for awhile and it was around three months that I had noticed that it wasn't working like it use to anymore. Mind you, I'm a very careful and gentle person with my appliances so I was furious when this happened. It was like a miracle was just fading away. It wouldn't heat up as fast or as hot as it use to and also it wouldn't get my hair as straight as it use to. Well I feel as though, in the end, this flat iron was okay for the time being but after awhile it just seems to wither away. In the end, it's not worth the money to purchase a product like this.

Love, love, love!

from Troy NY

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I love my CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron. When my last flat-iron kicked the bucket, I made sure I did research on warranties before shelling out cash for a new flat iron. I had heard nothing but good things about the CHI line, and decided to purchase the 2" model.

I couldn't be happier. The CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron, straights my hot mess of frizzes and waves out in no time, and the straightening effect lasts all day throughout humidity or rain or even hail! It never burns my hair, and it doesn't even dryout my hair overmuch like some non-ceramic models can do.

I haven't had to use the warranty on this product, because it has been working faithfully for more than a year now, but the product does come with a one year warranty. And since I've had the CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron for more than a year, I can also confirm that it works well in all seasons and with all lengths of hair - I bought the flat iron when I had shorter hair, which has since grown out, and the iron works equally as well now that my hair is much longer.

I would recommend the CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron as the best flat iron I have ever owned!

First CHI I've ever owned.

from Ohio

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

This was the very first CHI brand hair straightener I had ever purchased. At first, I was really skeptical about spending that much money on a little gadget for my hair. I've always had really thin, but frizzy hair and wanted something to help tame it and have less frizz. I was quite surprised at how well it really did work. It didn't burn my hair at all like the cheap brands I have tried in the past. My hair looked and felt silky smooth afterward. I love the fact that I don't have to sit there for two hours working on my hair, a few strokes over the strands and its done. The CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron GF1533D heats up VERY hot and VERY fast. I would highly recommend this CHI straightener to anyone!

This CHI straightener is very effective. It's any woman's (or mans) dream to have something that works so well, and FAST! It does not take long at all to heat up and because of that you spend less time actually straightening your hair. With that being said you end up with amazing results, hair stays straight all day long.

Very durable and trustworthy, these things last a VERY long time.

Just Wow!

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

This Chi ceramic flat iron is absolutely amazing! It heats up so fast, and you can even watch the temperature go up on the LCD display it has. It really keeps it heat, it will occasionally drop in temperature, but nothing really drastic though. It keeps your hair really straight and it stays that way all day long and it lets you do it so quickly too. I love how easily you can choose and select the perfect temperature for your hair so you get the best look out of it. The size of this one is great too, it gives you plenty of space to do a good bit of hair at a time so it takes you less time to finish a great hairstyle.

This CHI flat iron is really effective at straightening your hair and making it so smooth and keeping it that way. It heats up so quickly and keeps it's heat really well for the most part.

This straightener is very durable, you can use it every day and it works just like it's new with no problems, I would certainly suggest this straightener to anyone who is looking for a good one.

My CHI Is My best friend!

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have gone through so many different kinds of straightners. From 1inch to 2inch, ceramic plates, wet 2 straight and None of them come close my my CHI. My hair is super curly so I had a hard time finding a flat iron that worked for me. A friend recommended it to me. I looked it up and saw that it isn't as expensive as some other flat irons that I have had, and didn't even work. So I decided to give it a try. I used to dread straightening my hair before but ever since I got the CHI I love it! It only takes my about 20 minutes which is awesome considering I have stubborn. long, curly har. And It's lasted me a couple of years already and everytime I heat it up, it's as if I am heating it up like the first time! Loves it!

The CHI 2" is fabulous!

from Twentynine Palms, CA

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

The CHI 2" ceramic flat iron is fabulous! It is small and compact enough to store easily but large enough to get the job done in a decent amount of time. Because it is ceramic it will not damage the hair as a cheaper brand flat iron might. It is very gentle on the hair and is very easy to use. The hightened heat temperature makes for quicker straightening and less damage as you do not have to repeatedly go over the hair to straighten it. I absolutely loved this product it leaves your hair soft, silky, and smooth. Your hair looks beautiful and looks very healthy. It does not fray the ends like other straighteners and doesn't catch on the damaged areas. Its also very good for bangs because of its small size. You can get them top to bottom without creasing which is very difficult with larger straighteners. It is also somewhat rounded at the edges to make it easier to do flips or small under curls without having to use a curling iron. You will also be able to do loose curls to make your hair look very beachy and wavy. All in all I found this to be a wonderful product and is worth every penny!

thumbs up for CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron

from San Ysidro, CA

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I had this flat iron a while ago i actually have another one now, but i do miss it.  I miss it because i love how its 2" i have short hair and it is really hard to iron my hair when its a big iron.  Talking about its size i also like the fact that it doesn't take up too much space and if i go to someones house for example it fits fine in my bag.  My hair is very thick as well as puffy and wavy almost curly and it is almost torture when i want to straighten my hair.  I take a shower and my hair takes almost a whole day for it to dry, so besides frying my hair with the dryer, i end up frying my hair with the straightener as well, but not with this iron, my hair always felt healthy once i was done.  I color my hair a lot so i do plenty of damage so that it doesn't look shiny it looks dull, but I have always liked how my hair looks shiny when i straighten my hair with this iron.   :)   From using it too much i actually fried the one i had but it did stick with me for a long time.

The amazing skills of the CHI 2" Flat Iron!

from North Canton, OH

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have extremely thick and frizzy hair. When i was younger my mom got me a perm to contain the massive mess but as i got older it only got worse. I went through straightener after straightener. One day i gave up and told myself i was going to buy myself one of those really expensive straighteners. I walked into Sallys Beauty Supply and looked at all the straighteners and when the lady picked this one out and said it works majic i knew i had to have it. I purchased it and 3 years later i'm still using it! It works majic just like the lady had said. I no longer have frizzy hair. I can walk out of the house feeling so confident about the way i look its wonderful!

The CHI flat iron is worth every penny!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have owned my ChI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron for at about 5-6 years.  It works just as well as the day that I received for a gift.  I was like a lot of other people and could not justify spending this much on a beauty product but it is well worth every penny and then some.

I have thick, naturally curly hair that also has some frizz.  I have wasted a lot of time and money on products and cheap straighteners trying to make my hair look good straight.  After received the CHI I do not have to waste my time or money on a lot of product because the CHI does such a great job of straightening my hair.

I look back at photos before I had the CHI and I am horrified at what my hair looked like before when I would straighten it with cheaper straighteners.

I come from a family with 4 daughters and all of us use the CHI and would never use anything else again.  All of us have never  had a problem with our CHIs and would recommend to anyone.

The CHI ceramic Iron is great!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have impossible, frizzy, thin hair and live in a humid climate.  All my life I have wanted to kill my curls and for years their was little hope for straight hair unless you had it chemically processed, which ruined your hair.  I had tried one other flat iron before the CHI and I was satisfied with it but I still had heard phenomenal reviews about the CHI.  At first I thought, "Who would be crazy enough to spend that much on a iron to flatten you hair?"  But one Christmas my husband got me one and I absolutely loved it.  It is a very un-complicated flat iron.  The CHI heats up so quickly.  It only takes about a minute.  The ceramic tiles are great.  They do not burn my hair, thank goodness because that smell is awful!  The CHI works very fast and is so easy.  I would recommend this product to anyone with stubborn hair like mine.  My only complaint is that I would like to see how hot the iron heats up too.  Really though it is not important.  The iron also leaves my hair shiny and stable, meaning no fly aways!

Chi Flat Iron is GREAT

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about CHI 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

Chi Flat irons are considered to be the best flat iron out there or the most popular.  Between my daughter and myself we have purchased about 4-6 flat irons over the past 4-5 years.  They definitely straighten the curliest hair, they give a silky smooth look and really I havent had a better flat iron.  My biggest complaint and only complaint is the life-span.  I use my flat iron for just my bangs on a daily basis.  I occasionally flat iron all of my hair so basically it doesnt get used too often and sooner or later it stops heating up.  What do you do? I stopped buying from retail stores and look to purchase from online auction sites to save some money.