Other Body Lotions:

Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Burt's Bees natural body oil isn't all that oily. I love it!

***Quick View:*** I am not the biggest Burt's Bees fan but I have been using **Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil** on and off for ages. I really like the scent and, although it is an oil, it really isn't greasy like one would think. It's great stuff and all natural!

***My Take on Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil***

This product always came in a glass bottle but the last time I ordered online, it came in a plastic one. I'm not sure what's up with that but I am happy if they switched even though glass is recyclable and plastic isn't always so. The glass bottle was scary. It could easy fall and shatter.

This oil can be used in a bath or right on the skin. I tend to use it while I am still in the tub, after I rinse off. My skin is still moist and the oil slicks on well. My skin is instantly softer and smoother yet not greasy like one would imagine skin would be with oil on it. I have dry skin so maybe I just really need the hydration.

The scent is so good. I smell mostly lemon which is my favorite scent. My whole body just smells...yummy after I use using** Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil** and I feel yummy. My skin is super hydrated and very soft and any oily residue is gone after a few minutes.

I have used a couple of teaspoons in my bath water and it works well that way too. I just have to be sure to keep my hair out of the water to avoid slick ends.

This product is natural and fairly concentrated. I don't need much to get the desired results. I never stain clothing after I use using **Burt's Bees Vitamin E Bath & Body Oil with Sweet Almond & Lemon** and the softness on my skin lasts all day and night. It truly is a very, very good product.

***My Viewpoint***

If you like natural products and have dry skin, give **Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil** a shot. Don't let the word oil scare you. Although this is oil, you won't feel like you're greasing yourself up with lard. The product absorbs and softens the skin and doesn't leave you feeling slick. Just don't overdo how much you use. It's concentrated. I really love the scent and that why I give it ***5 stars***. Well, that and the fact that it's a great product overall.

Burt's Bees Bath Oil - smells great, but how do I use it?

I got some tiny bottles of Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil in some sampler kits I bought. I adore Burt's Bees, especially their scents and the fact that they say on the label how natural their ingredients are. This bath oil got a "100% natural" tag. It also smelled HEAVENLY!! I love citrus scents, and this one has a very intense, pleasant lemon scent. It also has vitamin E, which we all know is great for nourishing your skin.

However, I can't figure out how I should use this. I tried using it in the shower like it suggests, but here's a tip: don't try to rinse it off after you rub it on. The water just beads up on your skin. So, I tried rubbing it on after the shower, but then I didn't want to get the towel or floor greasy. It just didn't soak into my skin like lotion does.

I want to like this product so much, because it smells so good. But I can't figure out how to use it. I wish they would make a lotion with this intense lotion scent instead!

Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath & Body Oil is very nice

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath & Body Oil is very nice. I really like lemon scented body products. I have used soaps, body washes, lotions, creams and sprays with a lemon scent. Burt's Bee's lemon scent is fantastic. It smells VERY realistic and lemony. Some other products have a chemical or artificial lemon scent, but Burt's hit the nail on the head when the came up with this lemon product!

With our unusually dry winter this year, my skin was especially dry (especially my arms and shins). I have always liked most of the products I have tried by Burt's Bees, so when I saw a lemon scented body oil, I thought it was made just for me!

As a body oil, it is very nice. I worried that as a body OIL it might be greasy. But it absorbs very well into my dry skin and does not leave my skin feeling greasy at all. I do have to wipe or wash the excess product off my hands after I apply it, my shins and arms feel great.

And of course, the scent is great. If you like citrus or lemon scents, you will love this! The scent is very fresh and bright. I think it is one of the best smelling lemon scented products I have ever tried! Love it!

• Absorption:

Lovely product, but it is too expensive

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

I received this product as a gift, and it reignited my passion for taking baths. Unfortunately the small bottle only provided two luxurious baths, and when I looked into purchasing it for myself I was turned off by the price. If it was a larger bottle for the same price I would not think twice. It has a bright, invigorating smell. The citrus smell is lovely, not overpowering. It isn't going to create a gigantic mass of bubbles, but it will give you luxurious soak. I also used a little as a shower gel on a few occasions, and it made me feel fresh. I imagine it would go slightly further if I used it solely as a shower gel, but I think the real pleasure is using it as a bath oil. I would certainly buy this as a gift for another person, as it is more difficult to justify cost for myself but easier for a gift. And when I have more money for little luxury items, I will head to the new Burts Bees section of my local drug store and pick up this and a few more items.

Excellent All Natural Body Oil

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

I used Burt's Bees in the past when I realized that their products had become available in my local health food stores. At the time, I was emerging into a more holistic awareness and was looking for products that were all natural. Burt's Bees were a big switch from the regular cosmetic type products that I was use to buying. The Lemon and Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil was a good introduction to a Vitamin E oil version. At the time I was not a big fan of the citrus scent but the results on my skin were nice. My skin was left moisturized and soft. I do not use this product regular, the scent probably being the biggest reason but when I do the results are nice. On occasion I have at spa days at home and I use it in my foot bath. I would recommend this product to anyone who love's citrus or lemon scents and who are looking for a natural approach to skin care. Pure Vitamin E oil has been known for it's benefits of healing, stretch mark and scar reduction, softening skin and much more.

Great stuff

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

I first bought this body oil just because I liked the scent of the lemon. Now, I really love it because of the great smell and also it makes my dry skin normal. I only use it on my face. I love nourishing my skin with 100% natural body oil specially if it is blended with energizing Lemon Oil, Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil. My face actually feels a lot smoother since I started using this product. I would recommend this 100%.

• Absorption:

Softens skin and clears up uneven skintone

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

Vitamin E is excellent for your skin, it always gives mine a nice healthy shine and does a great job of reducing the look of scars and other flaws like uneven skintones; the lemon oil has a mildly acidic factor that actually helps to improve the tone of skin so you're replacing moisture and 'bleaching' dark spots without damaging them.
I love this product; for me it's good as a body lotion, added a little to a hot bath for both the skin conditioning and the refreshing scent it has when heated, and on my face to reduce under eye circles and it even has improved my fine lines around the eyes.
I use this most every day without seeing any trouble with my skin; no breakouts because Vitamin E oil can be greasy but the lemon in it cuts the grease factor away entirely. Another plus to the lemon is that it kills bacteria on the skin without using chemicals to do so, it's a natural way to get your skin super clean and give it a nice glow.
One of my favorite products by far!

Subtle, fresh lemon scent

Absorption
Small amounts are all you need; too much and you may get a greasy result from it..

• Absorption:

One of Burt's Bee's Absolute Best Products!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

It's hard to describe this oil without gushing - it's just really that good. I don't want to characterize it as thick, because it's not crazy thick, but it's not exactly a watery oil, either. This consistency of it just right, and most importantly after you apply Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E oil your skin just drinks it up, it doesn't feel oily.

The fresh lemony scent is another one of my favorite things about this oil. It's not lemony like a kitchen product or air freshener or anything, it's rather this lovely sort of organic type of lemon smell, it's hard to describe but it is distinct and it is good! I'm not typically one to go for citrus type fragrances so I was surprised when I found myself liking the smell of this so much.

Absorption
Your skin just drinks it up. It's appropriate to use in your bath water for extra moisturizing, for shaving your legs and also to apply after you bathe. I've used it for all three and it's great! It's also good to have around to rub into your knees and elbows when they get dry.

Super effective, this bath oil is one of the best I've ever tried. Although I think Neutrogena's Bath Oil is very good, as well, this one by Burt's is a different experience.

Good product

from Columbus GA

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

I recently purchased the Burt's Bees Lemon and Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil and it is really a good product. The good thing about it is it has Vitamin E in it which we all know is good for your skin. I would suggest with the Burt's Bees Lemon and Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil to put it in your bath water and not use it directly on your skin. It makes your skin very soft and leaves you feeling very moisturized. If you would like to use the Burt's Bees Body Oil directly onto your skin I would suggest rubbing it all over your feet and put on socks or the special moisturizing socks made for this for you to sleep in and it will leave your feet not as dry. I really do like the scent on this particular product as it is not too over powering. The price is a little steep but well worth it. A little of this product goes a long way so it will last a while for you. The Scent will relax you so I would definitely use it at night before bed. I would certainly recommend the Burt's Bees Lemon and Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil to all of my friends and family.

Irritated my skin

from Ashland, OH

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

I bought this in the winter when I was looking for a good moisturizer and wanted something more than a water-based lotion. I've always loved Burt's Bees products so I thought I'd give this a try. I used it right out of the shower and within 10 minutes I had a rash all over my body. I do not have sensitive skin and no known allergies so I was shocked. I've tried it a few other times but have had the same reaction. Possibly I had a bad batch or maybe there is something I am allergic to in it that I am not aware of. I was not a fan of this product, but I will continue to buy Burt's Bees because this has literally been the only product of theirs that I haven't liked.

It has a lovely lemon scent that's nice year round (one of the reason's I originally chose it)

Absorption
Absorbs well, has a non-greasy formula

Because of it giving my skin a reaction I would not say this was effective for me especially because I do not have sensitive skin.

Great product

from New York, NY

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

This product not only SMELLS terrific, but it actually WORKS!  This softens the skin when used right after a shower.  Leave a bit of water on your skin - this clings right to it!  Burt's Bees does not test on animals, nor do they use animal by-products - which most moisturizers do!!!!  Great, great product.  I definitely recommend.

this works

from Austin, TX

Comments about Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil:

this actually works on my 40 something dry skin.  i usually pour one or two capfuls into a warm bath while bathing; then afterwards i smooth some onto my damp skin.  that is all it takes!  after that i don't find myself worrying about my skin until time for the next bath.  no more putting on lotion everyday (i have very dry skin).  this is easy to use, smells great, no bad chemicals, comes in a glass bottle (stays fresh), is easy to find (cvs or target) and i love it!  also i love the baby bee apricot body oil.  both of these are absolutely wonderful on my aging skin.  try them!