4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Great moisturizer for the bod, but not for the mug.

**This product in a nutshell: **is an excellent product that serves two main purposes: a) to hydrate the skin, and b) reduce the appearance of scars/stretchmarks.  I had heard about it from my stepmom who raved about it after she burnt herself on the oven.

**Bio Oil** has an oily liquid base like the name implies.  When I massage several droplets into my arms and legs, I use a firm circular motion and the oil just seems to sink in.  This product gives the skin a shimmery glow and seems to give my skin tone a nice, warm glow.  While **Bio Oil **does not stain clothing permanently, it can leave a wet-looking mark on fabrics.  To avoid this, I do my hair and make-up prior to putting on my clothes.

I have a few scars that aren't that visible to others, but they are a big deal to me.  A couple long ones on my legs from when my German Shephard was still a puppy and thought my legs were his milkbone and another doozy on my forearm from a kitchen mishap were the main scars I wanted to treat.  Applying **Bio Oil **in a circular motion twice daily on a regular basis really made a difference in the OVERALL tone & texture of my skin.  My skin felt softer and looked smooth & silky.  As for scars, I did see a difference in height & width of the scar.  The scars were flush with the top layer of my skin.  The color also changed.  The color of the scar on my arm went from a bright pink to a mauve color.  It used to have itchy skin flakes all around and now it does not have any disernable texture.

I also have some light stretch marks around my uper thighs, but let's face it, there is NO miracle cure for those.  I did not see any difference whatsoever in the stretchmarks, but that area of my body did look more even-toned.

**Bio Oil** as a facial moisturizer is definitely not a good idea unless you have an extremely dry complexion.  I have used this to spot-treat dry areas of my face in the wintertime and broke out in pimples in those spots soon after.

**I give this product 4/5 stars because: **it is a pleasantly-scented moisturizing oil that leaves the skin soft and silky, while lessening the appearance of ugly scars.  I would recommend this product for anyone, but not for use on the face.

Over hyped product

I bought this product after reading lots of positive reviews about it. Started using it since I was 6 months pregnant ,to prevent stretch  marks and to use it on my face because I have some post acne marks. I was so excited about using bio oil that even after using it for almost 2 months and not seeing any results on my face and having more acne as a result of using it everyday ,I did not stop. Specially on my stomach area. After delivering my baby ,I used it for another 2 months but no results yet and after seven months I still have stretch marks on my stomach area. I'm so disappointed and angry ,that all the reviews about bio oil seems fake to me.

Scars!

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

I was first introduced to this product about a year ago from my mother. She had been using it for several purposes. I remember looking at the back of the bottle, and thinking, "It has so many uses!" The main use that popped out to me was scars. I have acne scars and a scar on my nose from being burnt by a curling iron when i was little. I also have scars all over my body from multiple incidents. I barely bought my own bottle of Bio Oil a couple of months ago, and I ALREADY see a difference in the scar on my nose. I just dab a little on my nose every night. I haven't been putting the product all over my face since I still get acne, and I worry it will cause more break outs. I had my doubts about Bio Oil helping me with my old scar, but i was reading online and found out that it works best to help with old scars than newer scars! I will continue to use the product since I already see results. Although I would like to use it for multiple scars and other purposes, it is really expensive even for a small bottle, so I would recommend first using it for a couple of purposes.

• Absorption:

A product that doesn't live up to the hype.

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

I expected this product to do a whole lot better than it did. It didn't improve my stretchmarks at all and left my skin greasy and just not very nice to see or feel. I think a lot of people will be let down by it, although I never tried it on actual scars so maybe it works better on those.

I didn't that there was much scent to this product, but whatever little there was, it wasn't a particularly pleasant or perfume like smell.

Absorption
I found the absorption of this product terrible quite frankly. I could only use it before I went to bed because it was so difficult to absorb that it stained my clothes. In saying that though, it still stained my bedsheets, not permanently though. It is an oil but i expected it to absorb better than it did.

I didn't see any noticeable improvement in my stretchmarks after using this product. It may be more useful in the prevention than the eradication of stretchmarks and scars.

I had high Hopes

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

I expected alot from this oil. I bought this product twice with high expectations. First time was to get rid a scar from a kitchen accident and the second was to prevent and fade of pregnancy stretch marks. It did not work for me in either instances. My first complaint is that this thing is super greasy no matter how much you use your face will look and feel greasy. Which deters me from using it often. It is mineral oil based which is not a natural oil, basically liquid Vaseline, so it coats your face and does not really get absorbed into the skin like some natural oils. Second, the smell was too flowery and perfume like for me, I have a sensitive nose and do not like too many scented things. They should either make an unscented version or put it on the label because the smell is too strong for me to want to use every day. I read so many positive reviews on this product I want to try it, but each time I cannot I stand the smell or the oiliness, make sure the top is on tight because it is a messy if the bottle spills over.

• Absorption:

Doesn't work for everyone.

from Michigan

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

I think this product only works for stretch marks for people who genetically have skin that will just bounce back after pregnancy. For someone with my type of skin, nothing you do is going to help much. I don't think this product is very effective on stretch marks because I put it to the test and it did nothing beneficial for me except moisturize and make my skin feel softer. The product doesn't sink in or absorb and it is messy. It feels gross in the summer months. You have to wait for it to dry before you can carry on with the day.

It doesn't really have much of a scent.

Absorption
It hardly absorbs. Its like a slime coat when you put it on. You have to wait for it to dry.

I gave it a six rating because it does make my skin feel soft but it doesn't help me with stretch marks. I think it only helps when a person has the bounce back type of skin already. I put it to the test on my dry prone skin and it didn't pass the test.

Magic Oil

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

Bio Oil is absolutely amazing. I've bought a 4.2 oz bottle and it has lasted me for over a year. I was struggling with bad acne and boil scars for so long and I was looking for the best scar remover on the market. I've tried mederma, cocoa butter and several "scar removing" products. All of them seemed like a waste of money. There was hardly a difference in scar appearance and those products would be used up quickly. Bio oil got my attention by it's amazing reviews. I decided to give it a shot, and I'm so glad I did! Just a little bit of the oil goes a long way. I don't like using a cotton ball because I don't want the cotton ball to absorb most of it. What works best for me is dabbing a bit of oil on my finger and massaging it into my scar. It may not absorb very quickly, but after massaging it into your skin for a while, it won't appear greasy. So far, all the acne scars on my face have disappeared. It is best to use this product right after the wound has healed. It works a lot faster on early scars. I am still working on a few more scars located on thicker skin spots. Ultimately, bio oil has shown a great improvement on my scars.

Excellent Moisturizer!

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

Bio-oil is created to diminish scars, and stretch marks, and be an overall excellent moisturizer. I definitely can see a difference in my dry skin when I use this product diligently, but as far as diminishing scars and stretch marks...well, that is to still be determined. I have used this oil everyday for the past 2 months, and quite honestly haven't seen much of a difference. Like I said above, I can definitely tell my skin is much more moisturized tho.

The oil is very greasy, so a little bit goes a long way. It is also very pricey for the small amount you get. It has a very light fragrance which is absorbed and goes away quickly. The greasy feeling absorbs quickly as well, and leaves your skin smooth and soft. I really
like this for deep moisturizing!

I have been using it on one of my children's skin. She has eczema, and when we put this oil on it, it really moisturizes it, takes the itch away, and makes it almost unnoticeable.

Very light & fresh. Absorbs quickly.

Absorption
Greasy feeling at first, then absorbs into the skin. Until it absorbs tho, I feel like I need to wipe my hands on a towel (I don't, but sometimes feel like I need to).

Very effective for dry skin. Haven't seen much of a difference on scars or stretch marks tho!

• Absorption:

There are so many uses for Bio Oil!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

I have heard so many rave reviews about Bio Oil from so many people online. I have a lot of discoloration, redness, and acne scarring. I needed a product that overtime would help diminish all of those problems. Although it is not a cheap product a bottle could last you the whole year. A little bit really does go a long way. This is not a fast working product so do not expect a miracle. But over a few months time it really evens out your skin tone. I would recommend this for people with all skin types. Also I do have hormonal acne and this product does not effect it at all. It actually helped me to have less zits on my face. Which I was surprised by.

There is a faint scent to this, it kind of smells like argan oil, if you know what that smells like. It fades away after it absorbs.

Absorption
This product is fast absorbing and does not leave behind a residue. Even though it is an oil, it does not leave your skin looking oily.

This product is very effective, I'd recommend it for acne scarring, stretch marks, dry skin, skin firming, and much more. It takes awhile to work, but once it does it makes your skin so even toned and glowy.

Bio Oil really works!

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

I was first given bio oil almost 6 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. A friend gave it to me, and she swore by it to prevent stretch marks. I tried it once or twice, but it was really oily, and I didn't like it. It made my clothes stick to my stomach. I stopped using it, and put it up in the bathroom. After my son was born, I was left with a few small stretch marks on my inner thighs. I started using the bio oil, and I noticed improvements in just a couple of months! Within 8 months, the stretch marks were practically gone! After I saw what it had done for the stretch marks, I started putting it on my cheeks where I had some acne scars from middle school. Within a few months of using it on my face, the acne scars were fading, but the bio oil was clogging my pores and cause new pimples.

There is a slight smell to the bio oil, but it's not strong and almost unnoticeable.

Absorption
This stuff does not absorb well. It pretty much lays on top of the skin which is really annoying, but the bio oil is definitely worth it!

Great product, but oily.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

This product does wonders for your skin, but, as the name says, it's an oil, which means it's going to be oily. Now, this wasn't a problem for me as I applied it all over my body before I went to bed, but if you want to apply it during the day it can be really uncomfortable and the layer of grease doesn't feel good at all. The good thing about it being an oil is that it really works. It reduces the dryness of your skin and it helps moisturize your skin tremendously. It also helps reduce the amount of stretch marks on your skin. It doesn't get rid of them completely, but it does help more than anything else. Overall, I really like the effects of this moisturizer, and even though it leaves your skin oily and it doesn't really absorb that well into your skin, the effects are well worth it and I really recommend this to anyone with stretch marks, or anyone with really dry skin.

Obviously, it doesn't smell as good as scented lotions, but it doesn't smell awful.

Worked as I had hoped!

from SalemNY

Comments about Bio-Oil Bio Oil Skincare Oil:

I began using this product when I first found out I was pregnant and I was already about 2 months along. I previously used a regular lotion on a daily basis but stopped that and used this around my belly and hips for the remaining months of my pregnancy. I had read mixed reviews on it but decided to give it a try anyway since I found it cheap on ebay. It didn't have a terrible smell but it also was the most pleasant. It's an oil so it didn't seem to fully absorb for a long time but it never left stains or residue on my clothing. It did however do exactly what I hoped: keeping my skin hydrated and stretch mark free. I know the oil wasn't the only thing that helped me not get one stretch mark after a 36 pound gain in 9 months but it made me want to buy again to use on old scars and i was still not disappointed as it helped improve those scars. This is a bit pricey in stores, for me it was worth it and it can be found online cheaper. I would recommend everyone try this at least one bottles worth on their skin problems.

Not the worst in the world.

Absorption
Tends to sit on skin for a while unless you use little amounts and rub in skin until completely absorbed which takes time.

Used it daily, sometimes twice daily and never got a stretch mark and even heloed reduce old scars appearance.