Other Lip Cares:
Burt's Bees
Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Effective & All Natural Lip Balm

I love this product.  All natural, good for you, good for the environment.  What's best is that no animals were killed or tortured for the making of this product.  I keep a tube in my car, my truck, my husbands truck, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, on my desk, and in my coat pocket.  Especially in the winter time, I NEVER want to be without this product.

Burt's Bees lip balm leaves your lips soft and moisturized.  I would recommend this product to anyone.

Since discovering Burt's Bees, I have thrown out all of my petroleum-laden products like Blistex and Chap Stick.

Love the idea, but this is just an average lip balm.

I've been trying to switch over as many of my daily products to organic and cruelty-free ones.  As a lip-balm addict, I try everything new that I see which is how I wound up with a tube of *Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm*.

This tube of lip balm is not tested on animals and the packaging contains 50% recycled plastic which is something that I always like to see.  *Burt's Bees* describes this lip balm as "soothing, cooling, and refreshing" on the label right above the company and product name.  They seem to be very confident in those adjectives, I guess, by positioning them in that spot.

As for the lip balm, it is wonderfully minty and cooling and makes my mouth feel smooth, but it disappears quickly from lips even if I am sitting quietly at a desk working.  I prefer to use lip products that produce a semi-thick to thick layer that lasts on my mouth for at least an hour.  As a teacher who is always talking talking talking in front of an audience, I can't keep stopping every 5 minutes to reapply lip balm.

I really like the fact that *Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm* isn't tested on animals and that it is sold in 50% recycled packaging.  I love the cooling and tingly peppermint action on my lips after application.  Overall, though, this is just an average lip balm that disappears very quickly from my mouth even if I'm not talking.  I probably wouldn't buy it again.

This lip balm should be in the Lip Balm Hall of Fame

from West Coast

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Effective
  • Healing
  • Smells/Tastes Great

Cons

• Not Long-Lasting

• Daily Use
  • Treat Chapped Lips

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

What I really enjoy about the Burt's Bees lip balms is that they have a flavor for everyone. They have the original mint, which is a minty peppermint but not too strong, and they also have various fruit flavors as well. The beeswax lip balm moisturizes your lips nicely, but the balm doesn't have SPF. You also need to research the balms because some are more ultra moisturizing than others. It's a nice alternative to ChapStick. I also like this product so much better than Eos lip balm by a mile!

Hands down, the best!

from Fayetteville. NC

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Effective
  • Soothing

Cons

• Not Long-Lasting

• Daily Use

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

I am in love with everything Burt's Bees- especially this chapstick. I've been using the same brand/type of chapstick for 3 years and everyday I apply it at least 20 times a day. It feels smooth, silky and soft on my lips. It doesn't smell or taste bad. I even use it for my 15 month old and when his cheeks get dry I put a lil bit there too and it works! Heals his dry cheeks right up. I am in awe. I would definitely buy this product again and again.

I absolutely love my Burt's Bees Lip Balm

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

I have tried some other chap sticks, but I didn't really like the way the other chap sticks seemed to leave my lips. I decided to try Burt's Bees, and I am now a believer. I have noticed that some lip balms make your lips nice and smooth but if you don't use them constantly, then your lips are worse than before. I have not seen that with Burt's Bees.

I love the peppermint lip balm. Not only does is help sooth my chapped lips, but it gives me a wonderful peppermint scent, and peppermint has been known to help with indigestion, and is great essential oil. So, this makes me feel like I'm doing something good for me, not just good for my lips.

I also love that this is a bright yellow container, because, let's face it, bees are associated with the color yellow. It also makes it easier for me to see this tube of chap stick, and therefore, I haven't washed it like I did the other chap sticks that were black or another dark color.

This chap stick lasts for a long time. I keep it in my pocket, so I use it several times a day. It is a necessity where I live. I bought one in November of last year, I just had to buy a new one in February. So it is very cost efficient.

best lip balm ever!!!

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

I've had tried so many different lip balms, chapsticks, etc. All of the many I've tried sucks. I always felt like I had to constantly reapply super often and that it didn't help. But Burt's Bees has the best lip balm ever. As long as I don't wipe it off or eat anything it stays on and truly works. Leaving my lips feeling soft. Definitely the best and my favorite and became my one and only lip balm. I recommend it to family and friends for sure.

Creamy chapstick, but not long-lasting

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

I love the way this chapstick feels the second I put it on. Any chappedness in my lips disappear for that moment. It is also made of natural ingredients too, so I trust that it benefits my lips on the long run. I have a terrible habit for biting my lips when I am nervous, so flaky lips are a definite problem in my daily life. I've tried multiple lip balm, and they do not make my lips feel as moisturized as this. Burt's Bees have been a popular brand for their uses of natural oils, and I do not doubt this!

The only reason I am hesitant to give this a 10/10 is because it does not seem to last long on my lips. At home, I keep it near me so I can have nice-feeling lips all day. I do find myself reapplying constantly. Considering how I am mostly on the computer surfing the internet, there are minimal chances of me rubbing it off on nearby clothing. But to be fair, most lip balms share the same problem; this one is still by far, the best of the best.

A natural classic

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

I've been using this lip balm for years and it is a staple in my bag. I love that it is natural and without a heavy scent or taste. The bottom line is that it works well.

I'm starting to try some of their other flavors like the menthol and eucalyptis. I didn't see it as a product to review but have really enjoyed the gentle scrub of the balm for exfoliation!

The right amount of tingle

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

The reason I love this product is the warm tingle I get on my lips. I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible (maybe peppermint oil). It makes me feel like the lip balm is actually healing as well as soothing my lips. It may just be a psychological benefit, but, for whatever reason, this is the reason this is the only lip balm I will use. Other lip balms feel greasy and just sit there like a coat of shortening on my lips. Burt's Bees feels natural, soothing, and healthful.

A Classic

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

Great lip balm, always have this in my purse, in my car and on my night stand. The balm goes on smooth, lasts a long time, and is made from mostly natural ingredients. The peppermint oil is a little overwhelming at first, however it doesn't sting or irritate your skin.

One of Burt's Bees' best products!

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

I absolutely enjoy trying out all of the lip balms. You definitely get what you pay for. It's nice to find something that works, and doesn't have any adverse chemicals in it. It goes on easily, and leaves your lips silky smooth. I haven't experienced any cracked lips since I switched to this lip balm. Not to mention, you get a lot more in one tube than a regular chapstick tube. I'm currently using the grapefruit lip balm, and the smell is amazing (however, it does not taste like grapefruit). It also leaves a refreshing tingle after application. I usually only have to apply it once or twice a day. Even when it comes off while eating or drinking something, it's been on long enough to have the essential oils and nutrients absorb into my lips, so I don't have to worry about having dry lips. Although I'm a lip balm fanatic, I apply it constantly. However, I've had the same lip balm for over a month, and have a good amount of it left.

A pretty good product, but not my favorite lip balm!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:

I have used a lot of Burt's Bees product and although I love their stuff this one wasn't my favorite. I have since used the Burt's Bees lip balms that are acai berry and pomegranate and like those a lot more. I think the thing that turns me off from this one in particular is the smell and the way it tastes on my lips. It has a different smell. Others may like it better, so it's worth a try. It also has a waxy taste to it on my lips. That being said I will say that my lips get dry and cracked, especially in the winter and this does a good job of making your lips feel good. It soaks in well and feels a little thicker than other lip balms. It does a good job of moisturizing, softening and smoothing. It also feels like it lasts longer than some of the other lip balms out there. If on sale I may purchase this one again, but I can't say that it's my favorite. I really like the natural ingredients in this. It makes me feel better when I put something that doesn't have chemicals in it on me. I would say that it's worth a try. If you can smell it first and see if you like the scent.