Other Lip Cares:
Lip Balms
Burt's Bees
Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

Good product, love the company

I really like this product. It's similar to the one in the tube container though, and I find that one slightly more convenient. I have to apply this one with my fingers and sometimes that just seems a little unsanitary if you know what I mean.

The pepermint scent is really refreshing an nice, and there is a pleasant tingle on my lips every time I apply it. I'm a big fan of all burt's bees products in general. I think that the company is a nice old fashioned company with respectable core values that it sticks to. I especially appreciate the company's devotion to being all natural and feel that they make socially responsible decisions in terms of recycling, etc. Unlike most companies, I trust Burt's Bees to not only make quality products, but to do so in the most socially responsible manner possible. I really respect that and am willing to pay a little extra for that feeling, as well as the high quality and natural products that you will receive when you buy anything from Burt's Bees.

I don't have the combination to the lock on this balm's tin!

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

**Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin "World's Best Lip Balm"** is a good natural lip balm. But the packaging stinks. It's better to buy a stick of Burt's Bees balm than fight with the tin to get it to open.

**Full View**

Burt's Bees is dedicated to making natural products and I respect them for that. I try to use natural products when I can and it's easy to use natural lip balms because so many ingredients from nature are good for the lips. **Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin "World's Best Lip Balm"** is good but by no means the best. I would like it much more if I could OPEN the tin! I can't tell you how many times I have tossed the little tin onto the floor because I just couldn't get it open. Still, when I DO get it open, this balm is soothing and rich.

This is a quarter sized tin of balm that is a golden color and smooths on nice. It soothes my lips and hydrates them. It doesn't have a fun taste or smell - I think it smells kind of yucky - but it's a good natural healing balm. My issue, as I said above, is with the tin. It doesn't really screw off and it doesn't really pull off. I have such a hard time with it! They sell the exact same balm in a Chapstick-like tube and it is more hygienic (No sticking your fingers into the balm) and less frustrating to use. I find that the tin balm is a bit thicker and heavier but I am willing to give that up for ease of use.

I do like the tingle I get with this product. It is much like Carmex (see my review) as far as the refreshing feeling it gives my lips. In fact, the two are very similar in many ways but I can open the Carmex tub!

**My Viewpoint**

**Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin "World's Best Lip Balm" **is a cute, natural tin of decent lip balm - no frills like taste and color, just balm to sooth chapped, dry lips - that would be an good product for me if I didn't have to fight with the tin to open it. I am sticking with the stick type of this balm and letting more patient people deal with the tin dilemma. A good - but not great - balm with bad packaging gets 2 stars but because it is mostly natural and good for you, even if you happen to swallow some by licking your lips, I am going with 3. Still, Burt, what's up with the amazing unopenable tin?

As a brass player, this is a life-saver!

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

This stuff was a life-saver for me! My first year experiencing the dry winter was awful! My lips were so dry and irritated that they cracked and made it extremely painful to play the horn. After applying this lip balm consistently for a few days, there was a HUGE improvement right away! The lip balm is very soothing, with a bit of mint in it that cools your lips. After a few days of application, my lips felt smooth and soft. They were no longer cracked and painful.

Brass players love this stuff

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

I play French horn professionally and have rarely met a brass player that doesn't depend on Burt's Bees. The mint is refreshing and relieves daily lip swelling and inflammation from playing our instruments. Additionally, it helps heal and prevent chapped lips and cuts that make brass playing more difficult. This stuff is seriously a must for brass players. I've never found anything I like better and neither have my friends.

Good lip balm not tested on animals

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

Besides not being tested on animals, this Burt's Bees product is an effective lip balm. The tin travels well. The balm has a waxy texture very different from lip gloss and prevents chapping pretty well, though not in the worst of the summer and winter months.

The best stuff

from Hopatcong, NJ

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

I actually bough this for my 13 year old son. He is a lip bitter and bites his top lip and with the cold weather they get chapped really fast. I went into the store and asked and someone told me to try this. It helped him in no time at all his lips looked better within a day and now he uses it constan tly my daughter even uses it now. I love it.

Great Natural Lip Balm & Great [Cruelty-Free] Company!

from Nyack, NY

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

Burt's Lip Balm is the best I've used. Other balms seem to waer off or even worsen the problem! Burt's is soothing and heals the chapping!  The best part is it is a great company to support, mostly natural product [feel good about what's on your mouth!], and free of animal cruelty!

A Lip Balm that really works

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

I've been using many different types of lip balm, but this Burt's Bee lip balm has to be my favorite. It is inexpensive, natural, and really leaves my lips moisurize for hours. It does not have aftertaste and not oily. I love the small tin the lip balm comes in, even though sometimes it is a little difficult to open. Amazing and inexpensive.

I cant get the jar OPEN

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

Ok the product INSIDE the jar is great.  Makes your lips soft and smooth.  But the TIN??  I mean reasearch this stuff YOU CANT OPEN THE TIN.  Never.  I eventually threw away the tin and all its lovely product because to open it, it is a pain the rear.  And lets say you put on a bit of hand lotion before hand well give it up you are not going to be able to open that tin never ever.  I quit buying this lovely product because of the tin

This is the only lip balm that I use.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

The first time I used this I was hooked.  Most other lip balms after a few weeks I get the irritated lips and need to switch to another brand.  However, this one has never irritated my lips and I love the minty cooling effect you get whenever you put it on your lips.  I like that it doesn't have any excessive shine that looks like I just ate something fried.  Now I only stock this lip balm and recently bought in bulk so I never have to run out again!

Short-lasting tingly lip balm in a cute tin

from Knightdale, NC

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

I received Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin 3 oz as part of a gift set from a friend who loves the stuff.  Frankly, I don't see why.

First off, the tin is cute.  BUT, it's not as handly to me as say a tube of Chapstick. Sometimes the tin gets stuck.   Also, I don't really like having to apply the lip balm with my finger.

I guess it does work but I always feel like I have to keep reapplying it.  I don't like the smell too much.  It's kind of waxy-peppermint smelling.  Which gets stuck on your finger because you have to apply it with your finger so both your lips and finger smell like waxy peppermint.  That peppermint aroma sort of gets in your mouth as well and that bothers me too.

As I am writing this, I must say, I am going to  have to change the number of stars I give the product.  I always thought "eh this product is ok" but now I am realizing I don't really liek it at all.  I don't like the way you have to apply it, I don't like the smell and the peppermint makes your lips tingle. Some people enjoy this, but I don't.

Lastly, don't leave this out in the heat. It will melt.

On a positive note, it's mostly natural and not tested on animals, which is always good.

Love Burt's Bees!

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin:

I don't use the products often, but whenever I do, I love it! It's one of those trusted brands that I always know I can turn to, and to know that they have quality ingredients is even better. The lip care products smell great, and the lotion is good, too!