Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:
Breathe Right
Breathe Right Nasal Strips

Breathe Right Nasal Strips

Pros

• No side effects (3)
  • Works quickly (3)

• Before sleep (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Regular user (3)

Great when you can't breathe out of your nose.

My husband had tried Breathe Right Strips for snoring a few years ago, and it didn't help him at all.  He still snored, and I still heard him snore.  So for this purpose, I would not recommend this product.  However, I find them to be a LIFESAVER when any of us is suffering from nasal congestion.  They really help to open up your nasal passageway and allow you to breathe again.

I really don't know how these things works, but you just place them right above your nostrils (there is an illustration in the package showing exactly where to put them) and somehow....magically.....you can breathe again!  BUT, you have to apply them exactly as it shows or they don't work.  Also, they come in different sizes so pay attention to that.  They make SM/MED, LARGE, and they even make them just for kids.  We all know that when you can't breathe, trying to sleep is virtually impossible.  I use these things at night when we're sick, and they really do help.

My favorite kind of Breathe Right Strips come with a little Vapor scent on them.  It seems to help even more in opening you up.  These things are NOT attractive, so I wouldn't wear them out of the house.  And be sure you don't forget their on in the morning!  How embarrasing would it be to show up at work with a Breathe Right Strip on your nose?

I think if it would have stuck, it might have worked.

I recevied a sample of 2 Breathe Right Nasal Strips, with advanced 4 point technology. I get congested at night and thought this would help. I was ready to breathe and sleep better. I tried one that night, I washed my face and made sure it was dry like the directions say. The strip has 4 points on it to help keep it in place and open the nasal passages more. I placed the strip on my nose, but almost instantly had problems, it would not stick. It kept springing up on the sides. With much effort I tried to get it to stick, even opened the second one to try it, no stick there either. I loved how when I first put it on it really opened up my nose, I looked a bit funky.:) but was excited about being able to breathe while I slept. Then one side went pop up, followed by the other side, no more stick. I think if they come up with a better way to hold on, I will buy this.

I trimed one of the strips to fit, and it worked so much better. I use these every night, they not only help with snoring, but help me breathe...

Side Effects
No side effects.

Best nights sleep I've had in awhile

from Eureka

About Me First Time User, Health Conscious

Pros

• Natural-Feeling Results
  • No Side Effects
  • Works Quickly

• Daily Use

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I have trouble breathing through my nose at night but this product opened my nose right up and I was able to breathe again. Love this product! Will be using again and again!

I would buy again

from Guccigurl1

About Me First Time User

• Afternoon
        • Daily Use
        • Morning
        • Short-Term Solution

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I Receive a free sample in the mail and Breathe Right Nasal Strips Works Very fast and no side effects and helps reduce my snoring easy and natural .Breathe Right Nasal Strips made me a believer and i highly recommend them and this was my first time using them.

Eh

from Springfield PA

About Me Medical Professional, Regular User

Pros

• No Side Effects

Cons

• Doesn't Work

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I've tried this before and thought it was the size. So I've tried all sizes and hope didnt work for me. I've tried higher or lower position figuring I'm bound to get this right. I concluded even though it works for my husband, it doesn't work for me. As a result this is just a personal thing.

I love this product!

from toledo ohio

About Me Regular User

Pros

• Good Value
        • No Side Effects
        • Works Quickly

Comfortable to use.

Works great but falls off. Won't stick through the night.

from California

About Me Regular User

Pros

• Good Value
          • Works Quickly

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

What a great product. It's a shame it works only for a short time. I have never had one last the night. They come unstuck. I would buy a case if they would stay stuck.

Not helpful for snoring

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I received a couple of samples of these breathe right nasal strips in the mail. I was not really impressed. They had absolutely no effect on my snoring or in helping me to breathe easier. I also did not notice a widening of my nose or increase of airflow. I saved a couple for when I was sick because I always have the hardest time falling asleep when I'm sick because my nose is so stuffed up and full. They might have helped me a little. I would say to save them for when you are sick because that is the only time that they make a little bit of a difference. They are just way too expensive for everyday use, especially for how little difference they make, it really is just not worth it. It would have been great if they worked and these seem like a good concept but they're just not effective enough. I am still looking for that miracle cure to help me sleep better and stop snoring.

Usefulness of Breathe Right Strips

from Anderson, SC

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I have used Breathe Right Strips on three seperate occasions. I find them to be very uncomfortable. They actually interfered with my getting to sleep. They do help with minor nasal congestion, but my husband said they didn't help at all with my snoring problem. Since they help with congestion, I might use them again when I have nasal congestion.

• Side Effects:

Breathe Right Strips can be helpful for colds.

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

While the Breathe Right Strips are made to help cease snoring, I have only used them to help when I have a bad cold and am having a difficult time breathing through my nose. The strips are easy to apply, and does not hurt while wearing. The strips gently help to open nasal passages to allow for easier breathing. The strips are not very attractive, but if you need the help, you are probably not going to worry about how you look in them. They are skin colored with I guess the thought of camouflaging while wearing, but it doesn't really help in that area. The strips do not make breathing effortless if you have a bad cold, but they do help a little, and every little bit helps. They stay on well, and are easy to remove. Although sometimes it does hurt a little to remove (about the same as removing a band-aid, as the backing of the strip is basically the same as the backing of a band-aid). Overall, I'd say they are worth a try.

Side Effects
              No real side-effects

• Side Effects:

Very uncomfortable, but it works.

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

They were VERY uncomfortable to wear, but they did work.
              This product was sticky and it felt like I had put glue on my nose and it dried. But, I was able to breathe within 10-15 minutes.

The product worked almost immediately. About 10-15 minutes of putting it on.

Breathe Right Nasal Strips work ok, but fall off easily

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

Breathe Right Nasal Strips work ok, but fall off easily. I'm not sure if I should actually be reviewing this product because I have not actually used it. But my husband has tried them and they kind-of work.

My husband sometimes has trouble breathing at night. We have tried several products. We tried a humidifier, a dehumidifier, menthol, eucalyptus. Nothing really works. So a friend suggested he try breathe strips. I mean, if pro athletes use them to help them breathe, maybe they can help!

So I bought them and he tried them. The seem to work a bit, but they aren't the end-all savior product we wanted. He says he can breathe marginally better.

But one problem is that they don't stay on all night. He tried them for several days, and the strip only stayed on all night once. How can they help if the strip is stuck to a pillow?

We are going to try the menthol version next. Maybe just the physical opening of the nasal passage isn't the solution. But I suspect that the the menthol ones will fall off, too!

They didn't cost much. It was worth a try.

I give this a low rating. Even though they are easy to apply, they don't stay on, so I consider that poor "ease of use".