Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:

Breathe Right Nasal Strips

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

Great when you can't breathe out of your nose.

My husband had tried Breathe Right Strips for snoring a few years ago, and it didn't help him at all.  He still snored, and I still heard him snore.  So for this purpose, I would not recommend this product.  However, I find them to be a LIFESAVER when any of us is suffering from nasal congestion.  They really help to open up your nasal passageway and allow you to breathe again.

I really don't know how these things works, but you just place them right above your nostrils (there is an illustration in the package showing exactly where to put them) and somehow....magically.....you can breathe again!  BUT, you have to apply them exactly as it shows or they don't work.  Also, they come in different sizes so pay attention to that.  They make SM/MED, LARGE, and they even make them just for kids.  We all know that when you can't breathe, trying to sleep is virtually impossible.  I use these things at night when we're sick, and they really do help.

My favorite kind of Breathe Right Strips come with a little Vapor scent on them.  It seems to help even more in opening you up.  These things are NOT attractive, so I wouldn't wear them out of the house.  And be sure you don't forget their on in the morning!  How embarrasing would it be to show up at work with a Breathe Right Strip on your nose?

I think if it would have stuck, it might have worked.

I recevied a sample of 2 Breathe Right Nasal Strips, with advanced 4 point technology. I get congested at night and thought this would help. I was ready to breathe and sleep better. I tried one that night, I washed my face and made sure it was dry like the directions say. The strip has 4 points on it to help keep it in place and open the nasal passages more. I placed the strip on my nose, but almost instantly had problems, it would not stick. It kept springing up on the sides. With much effort I tried to get it to stick, even opened the second one to try it, no stick there either. I loved how when I first put it on it really opened up my nose, I looked a bit funky.:) but was excited about being able to breathe while I slept. Then one side went pop up, followed by the other side, no more stick. I think if they come up with a better way to hold on, I will buy this.

I trimed one of the strips to fit, and it worked so much better. I use these every night, they not only help with snoring, but help me breathe...

Side Effects
No side effects.

Works great but falls off. Won't stick through the night.

from California

About Me Regular User

Pros

• Good Value
  • Works Quickly

Cons

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

What a great product. It's a shame it works only for a short time. I have never had one last the night. They come unstuck. I would buy a case if they would stay stuck.

Not helpful for snoring

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I received a couple of samples of these breathe right nasal strips in the mail. I was not really impressed. They had absolutely no effect on my snoring or in helping me to breathe easier. I also did not notice a widening of my nose or increase of airflow. I saved a couple for when I was sick because I always have the hardest time falling asleep when I'm sick because my nose is so stuffed up and full. They might have helped me a little. I would say to save them for when you are sick because that is the only time that they make a little bit of a difference. They are just way too expensive for everyday use, especially for how little difference they make, it really is just not worth it. It would have been great if they worked and these seem like a good concept but they're just not effective enough. I am still looking for that miracle cure to help me sleep better and stop snoring.

Usefulness of Breathe Right Strips

from Anderson, SC

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I have used Breathe Right Strips on three seperate occasions. I find them to be very uncomfortable. They actually interfered with my getting to sleep. They do help with minor nasal congestion, but my husband said they didn't help at all with my snoring problem. Since they help with congestion, I might use them again when I have nasal congestion.

• Side Effects:

Breathe Right Strips can be helpful for colds.

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

While the Breathe Right Strips are made to help cease snoring, I have only used them to help when I have a bad cold and am having a difficult time breathing through my nose. The strips are easy to apply, and does not hurt while wearing. The strips gently help to open nasal passages to allow for easier breathing. The strips are not very attractive, but if you need the help, you are probably not going to worry about how you look in them. They are skin colored with I guess the thought of camouflaging while wearing, but it doesn't really help in that area. The strips do not make breathing effortless if you have a bad cold, but they do help a little, and every little bit helps. They stay on well, and are easy to remove. Although sometimes it does hurt a little to remove (about the same as removing a band-aid, as the backing of the strip is basically the same as the backing of a band-aid). Overall, I'd say they are worth a try.

Side Effects
      No real side-effects

• Side Effects:

Very uncomfortable, but it works.

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

They were VERY uncomfortable to wear, but they did work.
      This product was sticky and it felt like I had put glue on my nose and it dried. But, I was able to breathe within 10-15 minutes.

The product worked almost immediately. About 10-15 minutes of putting it on.

Breathe Right Nasal Strips work ok, but fall off easily

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

Breathe Right Nasal Strips work ok, but fall off easily. I'm not sure if I should actually be reviewing this product because I have not actually used it. But my husband has tried them and they kind-of work.

My husband sometimes has trouble breathing at night. We have tried several products. We tried a humidifier, a dehumidifier, menthol, eucalyptus. Nothing really works. So a friend suggested he try breathe strips. I mean, if pro athletes use them to help them breathe, maybe they can help!

So I bought them and he tried them. The seem to work a bit, but they aren't the end-all savior product we wanted. He says he can breathe marginally better.

But one problem is that they don't stay on all night. He tried them for several days, and the strip only stayed on all night once. How can they help if the strip is stuck to a pillow?

We are going to try the menthol version next. Maybe just the physical opening of the nasal passage isn't the solution. But I suspect that the the menthol ones will fall off, too!

They didn't cost much. It was worth a try.

I give this a low rating. Even though they are easy to apply, they don't stay on, so I consider that poor "ease of use".

Why the low score?!

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I was so surprised when I saw how low the score was for this product! It's probably my favorite kind of nasal strips and worked perfectly for me when I had headaches from nasal congestion. What a lot of people don't check that's really important is whether or not they're putting it on the part of their nose that needs to be taped. They also have to wash their faces! Too many people seem to skip this step and the effectiveness suffers because the tape doesn't attach as well to the oils on their skin. It's also very important to hold it down for the whole thirty seconds. When you let go of the strip, you should be able to distinctly feel and see your nose being pulled. Your airways will immediately be opened! The glue used in the strip is very strong and there will definitely be some residue in the morning for you to wash off, but don't be scared that it'll hurt. Since there are hardly any hairs on your nose, it doesn't hurt as bad as pulling off a bandaid. If anything, it almost feels like you're doing a pore strip on your nose at the same time! Two birds, one stone.

Stuffy nose gone!

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I love Breathe Right Nasal Strips! I have been using these for years for an all natural nose decongestant. The application is easy and provides almost immediate relief. The results last longer for me versus using a medication. They work especially good at night, leaving the nasal passages open for hours allowing for a good nights sleep.

• Side Effects:

Would be an excellent product is improvements were made.

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

I relly like that this product is not medication. It really does work as long as the strip stays stuck to your nose. I have been using it and wow, what a difference. I was skeptical at first, I mean how is a little bendy strip going to help me breathe? Well it does. It pulled my nose open enough to allow me to breathe. No pain involved and no drugs involved. Great. Now if they can fix the fact that the strips don't stick real well to the nose, that would be great. I have been known to wake up in the middle of the night and have to put on another strip because the first one came off and is on my pillow.

It helps me breathe considerably! What isn't effective is that they don't stay put all night. If it stayed on my nose all night I would give it a 10.

The concept is easy- stick it on your nose before bedtime. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay.

Immediacy
      As soon as I apply it on my nose, I can breathe! Great relief immediatly.

Side Effects
      None.

I wish these worked!

Comments about Breathe Right Nasal Strips:

My husband snores like crazy when he sleeps and it often keeps me up, or wakes me up. So we tried the Breathe Right Nasal Strips. I really wish these things would stick. We tried them on my nose and my husband's and tried washing our faces too and patting it dry, but none of the strips would stick! We tried to hold it on his nose for a bit but it just wouldn't stay. These things are pretty pricey too, so it was very frustrating when they wouldn't stay on his nose.