4.1
Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator

Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator

4.1

Works well, but beware ingrown hairs

Being half Okinawan gives me thick, dark hair--great for my head & eyelashes, but not so great for the rest of my body.  Shaving led to unsightly stubble.  I could never quite get rid of that 5-o'clock-shadow look in my underarm area--lovely.  I tried at-home waxing, but it was difficult to do, and I always ended up having to spend ages tweezing the hairs that were missed.  I finally decided to try an epilator.  I started with a cheapo battery-powered one, and it seemed to work pretty well, but wore out quickly.  So I decided to go for the big guns, and chose the Braun Silk-Epil 5270.

Wow!  At first I was afraid to use this, because it had way more power than the battery-operated one.  It was loud, scary, and seemed like it would do me some serious damage.  But when I got brave enough to use it, I found it very effective and efficient.

It comes with a variety of attachments/stuff, but I don't use any of them.  I do appreciate the light that comes on; it helps you ensure that no hairs are missed.  I thought it was slightly painful to use under my arms at first, but after a while I can honestly say that I felt little to no pain.  It hurts a little bit more to use on my legs and face, but not too bad in my opinion.  You just need to get used to it.

The one real problem I've had is with ingrown hairs.  I do exfoliate/scrub the area every night, but I still get ingrown hairs.  Sometimes they just seem to grow back curled in a little circle, which leads to a bump, which I end up needing to probe with a needle to get the hair out.  I don't know if there's any solution to this problem, so I just try to catch them before they get bad.  This ony happens in my underarm area, not on my legs.

Overall, I'd recommend this product.  It's the only thing that took care of the "shadow" under my arms.  It really seems to have made the hair on my legs grow back thinner and more slowly; so much so, that I only epilate my legs once a month or so, when I used to have to shave everyday.  Just watch out for the ingrown hairs!

EVERY SINGLE HAIR BECAME INGROWN

767 reviews and 4.5 stars. you automatically think it's an awesome product and put aside those reviews with one star or two star rating thinking those negatives happen to few unfortunate people. But then that unfortunate things happens to you and then you realize the importance of those bad reviews. This products is amazing. I have been shaving my legs for almost 10 years now and few weeks ago I thought "why not go for epilation which will leave me hairless for few weeks?" I googled the best epilator and read dozens of articles and zeroed in on braun silk epil x'elle. I tried the product. It was amazing. The pain which I dreaded so much after reading many reviews turned out to be bearable.I felt I truly loved this amazing product. It left my legs so smooth and hairless that I just loved it and thought I finally found the ultimate method of hair removal. For the next week and half I ended up admiring my "new" legs a whole bunch of times in a day. After a week and half, it all began... one red bump (with an ingrown hair in it) after the other erupted until in a few days my legs were covered with red bumps. I panicked and researched like crazy about remedies to ingrown hairs. After trying like crazy to tweeze the ingrown hair out with tweezers, I bought B & C skin tight ingrown hair solution and tried it for two days and ordered prince reigns solution online. I stopped using prince reigns (very expensive) as after two applications there was only 3/4 remaining in the bottle.Its been a week. Now although the red bumps have decreased in number, my legs have tiny hairs all growing right under the skin making it look like I haven't shaved. So it pretty much looks like I have some rash on my legs covered with hair. In my ten years of shaving I never had ingrown hairs. I just hope the hair frees out of the skin so I can happily go back to shaving. Am never using this epilator again! If anyone knows what to do about these ingrown hairs, please help me out.

A usefull product for every woman

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

I've been using an epilator for a few years now and I can honestly say that Braun is the best brand I've had. I use it on my legs, my armpits and even for my bikini line. At first I was very scared and afraid of turning it on but now I use it all the time and it doesn't even hurt anymore. It leaves a few red bumps on the skin but that usually dissapears in a few hours. For begginers I would recomand the massage head for less painful removal af hair.

Sent from heaven for hairy people

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

The Braun Silk-Epil came with three heads: two for epilating, and one shaver with trimming convenience. The LED light makes it easy to catch the hairs you would not otherwise notice until the sun shows it to you. Has only two speeds. GREAT product.

Works well, but beware ingrown hairs

from Kaneohe, HI

Shaver plus Epilater in One

from New York, NY

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

I kept my eye on the price and reviews of this item for awhile before finally purchasing. The reviews were mostly positive with some negatives about pain and ingrown hair. I bought the item thinking that I could withstand the pain. I figured that if I couldn't handle the pain then I could at least use the shaver on this epilator. My main purpose for buying this was so I could stop shaving under the arms as often. I didn't think that the skin down there would be that sensitive. Well, it was pretty darn painful! I followed the instructions but somehow still ended up getting some nicks. After a few times using the epilator, it wasn't as painful anymore. However, after I stopped using it for a few months it was pretty painful the first time using it again. I've only tried it twice on the legs and it's not that painful compared to the underarms.

So, if you use this regularly you'll get used to the pain. If you're sensitive to pain and think you won't be frequently epilating then you may have to reconsider buying this.

Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator is a lifesaver

from Auburn, NY

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

I have got to be honest - I LOVE this product, the Braun Silk-Epil 5270 epilator. After hearing about this product and doing lots of research, I purchased this particular epilator about three years ago because I wanted a good quality one that would last.

At first, it was a little scary and yes it does hurt a little (or a lot) but it's soo worth it. If you are someone with a lot of hair where you don't want it and it grows too fast and too thick, this product is for you. It has been amazing for using in my armpits-yup they are hairless and beautiful now (lol).

Also works great for the legs. You really do get desensitized to the pain after a few uses. And once there is less hair, it hurts less. A little tip for your under arms, if you put a tiny bit of baby powder on them first, it works much better, more quickly, and therefore doesn't hurt as much.

This bascially tweezes all the hair out so your legs (or wherever you use it) are super smooth for weeks. And then you just maintain it with the epilator. And shave the rest of the time. My legs were never this smooth before.

So worth the money I spent on it! I would buy it all over again.

Love this product!

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

If you haven't used an epilator before, I strongly urge you to go out and buy one, especially the Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator.  You do have to invest some money into it, but you will be amazed at the results! If you shave and are annoyed that you sometimes miss those small, short hairs or you see see dots of the hair follicles, then use this epilator to get rid of all of that.  After using this epilator, you will get very smooth skin that lasts for weeks! There are gentle massage rollers on the prouct itself to help lessen the pain of removing the hair.  When you first try it, you might feel very minute pain only because you probably never felt your hair being tugged out.  But it's not the pain where it hurts a lot. It's really bearable and after awhile, you get used to it.  It works quickly and effectively.  Your hair does grow back thinner! Your skin does feel so silky smooth.  Be sure to clean the product on a routine basis though to prevent bacterial growth!

Great device - the light makes ALL the difference

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

So, I've been a fan of epilators since the original Epilday came out. Over the years I've gone through quite a few and have a few favorites and a few not so favorites. Inother categories, I', usually a fan of Braun and think they make great products. So, it didn't take a lot of coaxing to get me to purchase this particukar Epilator. I usually do a search online to read reviews and I found mostly recommendations for this device.

I've used it primarily on my klegs and found it to be efficient, comfortable and easy to use. I liked the variable speeds and the ease of using the device. The BEST thing, however, was the light. To the best of my knowledge, this is the ONLY lighted epilator on the market and I'm at a total loss for why other manufacturers don't include this feature, as well. The bad news is that this devices suddenly stopped working after 2 or so years of use. I'll admit that I am hard on my electronic devices, so I wasn't sure if I had left it too long on or off the charger. I decided to replace it with an Emjoi - which I'm also loving. But I miss the light feature on the Braun and when it's time to replace the Emjoi I'll probably go back.

Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator works well

from Rocklin, CA

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

**Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator -  **Using this product has saved me a ton of money on waxing.  I use it on my face and it is really effective at getting rid of those stubborn chin hairs!  And no redness after treatment.  Using the epilator is a little tricky to learn but it does a great job.  Using it on your underarms works well too, but it is quite a painful process.  If you have a fairly high pain tolerance then go for it and use on your legs and bikini area and underarms too.  I had to shave all the time and so I'm willing to endure this just to get the job done!  I am very satisfied with the Brau Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator.  The price may seem a bit expensive, but if you look at how much you will save in longer run on going to the salon for waxing or even on buying razors and shaving gel.  It work well and I think you will find it worth the price.  I highly recommend this product for all you women out there that are tired of shaving!

Works, but takes getting used to!

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

I got this epilator about a year ago. At the time, I was tired fo shaving and I liked the result of wazing, but didn't want to spend too much money on a bunch of kits or a professional waxing. I decided I'd shell out some cash for an epilator.

I chose this one. The first time I used it was painful. I don't have very thick hair and I have a high pain tolerance, but using this on my leg hair was really painful. Later on the hairs did become thinner, and it's not so bad. I jsut think of it as no pain, no gain. What helped w lot was pain killers.

The epilator has a nice design. It fits well into my hand and gets most of the hairs. It has lasted me quite a while without breaking down and has saved me a lots of cash on waxing. I think the only con about it is that it is corded, so I can't take it anywhere without needing an outlet to use it. This is also a pro I guess because then I wouldn't need to spend on extra batteries.

Braun Silk Epilator works great.

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Braun Silk-Epil 5270 Epilator:

This Braun Silk- Epil 5270 Epilator was my first epilator and it worked great. There were many cons to the device, but for the most part I was very pleased with the results. I am a female with hairy arms, so I kept looking for solutions to my problem. I discovered this epilator and it was a life saver. I was warned about the pain that I would face using this product, and I did experience a lot of pain in the beginning, but once you use it enough, you get used to it. Also, the shorter the hair is, the less pain there is. There is an attachment that you can use for less pain, so I recommend using that attachment when you first start. I misplaced this one and got a newer version of this one from Braun, which is cordless and less noisy. This product must be plugged in and is scary loud. It sounds like a torture device, it really does. At first, when I started using it I did think of it as a torture device, but as I kept using it, it became just part of my daily routine. I think this one pulls more of my hair out than the newer one, but I like quieter and cordless.