Other Blenders:

Braun Multiquick Hand Blender

Pros

Cons

Quick, Easy... Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender

I don't generally use a bunch of different kitchen appliances. Somehow over the years though, a variety of them seem to have made their way into my kitchen. One thing that I believe I inherited with my husband (since I don't remember buying it), is a Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender. Quite honesty I barely used it in the past 10 years, but have found it extremely helpful in the past year or so. I can't believe I waited so long to actually use our Braun Hand Blender. Though it doesn't get lots of use, it is my go to blender. The stick blender is easy to use, easy to clean and does not take up a huge amount of space in my kitchen.

Versatility
Our favorite thing to make with the hand blender is definitely smoothies. At one point our regular blender rolled over and died so I had to find another way to satisfy our need for smoothies. In addition to smoothies, I also used this for making baby food for my little miss. This was super easy too. For this I used a 1 cup plastic container that's just about the same size as the blender. Placed the fruit or veggie in the cup with a bit of juices/water... blended for 30 seconds and viola puree. This was a great way to get some cheap baby food that was tasty and healthy for her.

Since everything is encased, the clean-up is as simple as rinsing it under running water right after you are done blending. The only drawback is that you definitely will have issues with cleaning if it isn't rinsed while still wet. Once the food has dried on, the blender is much more difficult to scrub.

All I need to do is place the ingredients into a large plastic cup, place the blender in and turn it on. In less than 30 seconds a light fluffy smoothie is all blended up, nice and evenly.

The Braun Hand Blender is like a stick that has chopping blades in the bottom and a trigger on the handle to turn it on. This blender has only one speed but you can control it as you go. The stick is long enough to fit down into a large cup (~18"). The outside of the blender is plastic.

Braun Hand Blender does thesimple trick

I got the Braun Hand Blender as a gift at least 11 years ago...and it's still chugging along.

I initiall got it as a college student.  I was living...Read complete review

I initiall got it as a college student.  I was living alone and commented to my then-boyfriend-now-can't-even-tell-you-his-first-name that I had always wanted a hand blender...he bought me this one.  Except for the year long stint living with my parents, I don't think a week has gone by that I haven't pulled this out.

It is especially perfect for making shakes, smoothies, and drinks.  Why?  Because who wants to lug out a huge blender to put all the parts together, mix ONE DRINK (or maybe even two), take it all apart and clean it...all for breakfast...and the cleaning part is just too complicated that early in the morning, right?

Why do all that when you can reach into a cabinet, pull out your ingredients, drop them all into a cup, take out your hand blender, mix and chop everything up, quickly rinse off the blender and be on your way out the door!  It makes life so simple that way.

I would highly suggest you don't use it on large ice cubes, however.  No matter how hard you try, it just isn't going to chop them up.  Use crushed or just add ice in the end for the chill factor.

I also have a way-out-of-control tomato plant taking over our patio that gives me, literally, a large bowl full of tomatos every day!  Since my husband and I don't eat raw tomatos (we're weird like that, neither of us like them) I make a lot of tomato sauce and freeze it for winter use; because, really, spaghetti in the summer?  Too hot!

Well, with this hand blender, I can puree those tomatoes rightin the pot as they are cooking.  I can use it in a pot as I make refried beans.  I cook my beans from dry, and this is perfect to give them a good smooth texture (the way my husband likes them).  If I didn't have the hand blender, I would have to transfer everything OUT of the pot INTO the blender and, once blended, dump it BACK INTO the pot to continue cooking.  Again, who wants to do that kind of dishes?

This particular handblender does the job I need it to do; although I do wish it would do more and be a bit more powerful.  One day I will probably invest in a better one that has more functions; but for now this does exactly what I need it to do.

Would I suggest this for others?  As a basic function?  Yeah, I have used it and it does great things for me; but I really would just call it average.  If you are looking for something more powerful this isn't for you; but in regular day to day use?  Yeah, it works well.  I can puree, I make my own bread crumbs with it, I can make shakes, it does it's job.

Just what I needed

from St Barbara, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Stable

Cons

• Crushing Ice
    • Large Kitchen

Just what I needed

It is the best blender that exists throughout the market certainly provides an enviable quality, ensuring more than buy a lifetime investment, as it has finished truly art, made with highly durable materials and what is much better after using it, you will be amazed at the ease with which you can wash it.

With this product you will get the perfect kitchen for you and your partner, you can make any kind of smoothies, juices, sauces, experiment and do everything you've always wanted to do in your kitchen. So pamper the most important thing you have in your life, your family, your children, your siblings, your parents, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your friends in order all your loved ones.

It is a producer provides an enviable by all reliability and will make your life much more pleasant.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Overall reliable product

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

I have had this product for more than 5 years and It has not failed me since I received it as a gift for Christmas. I have used it for mashed potatoes, drinks, and chopping vegetables for adding to desserts.

Blending Power
    The blending power is smooth and light.

Versatility
    I use it for almost anything that I am doing in the kitchen.

Very easy to clean and the bottom attachment comes off with ease.

You can press the power button as many times as you like and it is not a burden.

The design is acceptable and fine.

Being that I have had this product for many years. I know that it will not fail to work.

• Versatility:

Great hand blender for the price

from Midland, MI

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

I use this hand blender more than I thought I would when I received it as a gift. It is great for making single-serving smoothies (although it has a hard time chopping up ice cubes). Mostly commonly I use this to puree soups. Many recipes require you pour some of the soup into a blender to puree then return it to the pot. With this hand blender, you don't have to worry about pouring out hot soup. I've also used it to blend fresh tomatoes for sauce and berries for jam. It's very versatile, super easy to clean and a great price. It's also very durable, as I've owned mine for about 20 years and it still works as well as the day I received it.

The trick to cleaning this easily and well is to do it right after you are finished using it. Food rinses right off and often, if it's not greasy or staining, I won't even bother using dishsoap. Once the food is dried on it becomes a bit harder to clean.

Rather a Disappointment

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

When in the market for a new immersion blender I picked up this Braun blender since I've had very good luck with Brain products in the past. However, I was incredibly disappointed.

This product has none of the power or ease of use of other, cheaper, options. I also found it rather difficult to clean.

The handpiece does feel sturdy and substantial in your hand, which is pleasant. The on/off button is in a good location to be activated with your thumb while mixing.

The problems begin with the mixing itself. When I used this to puree some potato leek soup I found that it did not create a smooth consistency and left small chunks of potato behind even though the potato had been thoroughly cooked and should have been pureed.

There was also an issue with splashing. Although I never lifted the blender out of the liquid it still splashed a bit out and when you're dealing with a hot soup, that is not a good thing.

Cleaning was a bit of a chore, and it as a bit of pain to get all the residue off both the inside area with the blade and the outside area.

I ended up returning this. It just was not worth the investment for something that didn't perform very well.

• Versatility:

Little blender that works wonders.

from Palmyra, PA

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

I originally dismissed all the handheld blenders, I have always went for my large professional grade blender. I got this handheld blender as a gift so I felt compelled to seek out all of its possible uses. First my kids love milk shakes for snacks and this mixes them up quick, I found it can leave some soft lumps, I just needed to blend a little bit longer. Second adventure was gravy, I added the ingredients right to the roasting pan while it was still warm after removing the meat and blended it in the pan and then ladled it to the serving dish, I saved myself from trying to pour the roasting pan in to the blender and into another pot for reheating. Cream soups and fresh sauces turned out great too, the dome shape around the blade protects your pots and pans form scratches. The clean up is very simple and it does not take up alot storage space which is at a premium in my kitchen.

I let my kids take a turn using it (with supervision) on milk shake nights!!

I have had it for 3 years now and have used it at least 2 times a week.

Braun Multiquick hand blender MR400WH is easy to clean

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

Okay, I'm not fitting in with the majority of reviews here because I think this blender's best asset is it's ability to be cleaned easier than traditional blenders that you have to take apart and clean all the little parts to get a thorough job.
    I bought the blender because I was on the Weight Watcher's program, where a blender is almost a necessity to prepare the lower calorie smoothies, sauces, low fat/cal "ice creams" recipes and such that I so much love and can have more of of by making the concoctions myself. Well the cleaning couldn't be beat, but I wouldn't say it's performance was as good as a traditional counter top blender. When making the weight watcher's version of "ice cream" it required mixing gelatin, nonfat milk, and ice in a blender, that produces a smooth result with the counter top variety. I found it not as easy to chop up the ice into minute crystals with this type of blender. On the other hand the traditional counter top blenders (with glass pitchers) are such a pain to clean, that I avoided making the (single serve) concoction. So depending on what your primary use is, like if it's for making sauces, the braun immersion blender would be a "5".
    I do think it's expensive for the resulting performance and I'd prefer to put the money away for a better blender.

Blending Power
    Not the best for my special weight watchers needs

Versatility
    Good for most people but my weight watchers program again has other demands

Cleaning's a snap compared to other blenders.

Definitely easy. Just insert it in the liquid or whatever, and voila.

The design has it's limitations , such as with ice, but it looks great.

Wouldn't put too much pressure on this model. Don't know if other people have.

• Versatility:

Handy and quick - a perfect mix.

from Telford, PA

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

I love my Braun Handblender. It is the perfect mix of convenience and power ... it's easy. Easy to store in a drawer with knives and such, easy to grab and plug in, easy to use (never a splash!), and easy to clean (just rinse under the tap, a quick brush with soap and you are done!) Scrambled eggs are a dream (who needs a whisk?), smoothies, power drinks ... you name it, it's mixed and done before you know it. Braun is the only brand I would buy for this product. It is very comfortable in your hand, and easy to control through a great design.

Go! Buy this! Quick!

from Bandon, OR

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

I LOVE this handmixer! I use it for soups, sauces, and smoothies. I like it because I use it directly in the pot or bowl and then I don't have to get out more dishes and wash them. It is much easier to wash than my blender. In fact I pretty much never used my blender after I got this (until I got a vitamix to grind flour in, but anyway). It takes up very little space. I keep mine in my utensil drawer. This would be an ideal gift for dorms or minimalist or apartment-dwellers. Mine has lasted at least 11.5 years. It seems like it came with more than one attachment/head thingy, but I've only used one.
    I like it because I can control the consistency so well too- like for soups where I want to thicken them using potatos or something. Only con? Its made of plastic.

seriously, just rinse it off really fast after use for most things.

fits comfortably in my small hands. Button is well-placed.

• Versatility:

the braun multiquick hand blender works really well!

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

i got my braun hand mixer as a wedding gift. i am not much of a cook in the kitchen, but when i do use this it gets things done in a flash. i have used it to make crepe batter mostly. it is fast and i like the fact that it doesn't take up much room in my drawer.

• Versatility:

Great for mixing soups, baby food, etc.

from Newton, IL

Comments about Braun Multiquick Hand Blender:

I have used a Braun handblender for many years now. Got it for my wedding 18 years ago, and it still works great! I love it. I have used it to make milkshakes and smoothies. Just put the ingredients in a large glass or pitcher and mix (but it won't chop up ice, so don't use it for that.) I have also used it for making my own baby food - applesauce and other fruit sauces, split peas, beans, vegetables, etc. Just cook the food until its very tender add a little liquid and blend. Also great to mix soups right in the pot. It is light-weight and easy to use. And very easy to clean up. Just run it under the faucet after you are done mixing and set it in the strainer to dry. I would not want to be without one of these handblenders and recommend it for anyone of any age. Even a child could operate it. The blades are not super sharp, so there's not much danger of getting cut. You still wouldn't want anyone to put their hand on the blades while its running, though!