Other Blenders:
KitchenAid
Models:
KHB1231CU, KHB1231WH, KHB1231OB
KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender

Summary

Features: Speed control provides easy adjustment of speed. Located on the front of the motor body, the one-touch power button is activated by pressing and holding during blending. The motor body is designed for a comfortable, non-slip grip. The DC Motor provides powerful blending action and is designed for quiet, long-life operation. The Twist Lock Stainless Steel Blending Arm simply seats onto the motor body and is rotated to lock together. The sharp stainless steel blade is covered to help prevent splashing while blending. The 5-ft. power cord is long enough to take the Hand Blender to the cook-top or work area and rounded with no grooves for easy clean-up. The 3-Cup BPA Free Blending Jar is handy for individual blending jobs and features a non-slip base. Lid seals the top of the jar to store blended ingredients.

KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender

Pros

• Easy to clean (15)
  • Good power output (14)
  • Stable (11)
  • Precise control (10)
  • Good pitcher (9)

• Drinks (16)
  • Cooking (12)
  • Small kitchen (11)
  • Crushing ice (8)
  • Large kitchen (6)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (15), Avid cook (6), Gourmet chef (4)
    • I received a sample (11), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (8)

Handy tool!

I recently got this immersion blender and this blender is definitely better than my previous blender. (which broke after a long 7 years of service). I am very happy with the purchase. I have many other Kitchen Aid equipments in my kitchen and absolutely love the brand! This blender did not disappoint me! I got the one in red and it matches with my red Kitchen Aid food processor. This blender has two speeds, which come in handy while making emulsions and the blade is removable and dishwasher safe making the clean up easy and less messy. The grip is very comfortable and it works very well. I use it many times during a week. This blender is also very reasonably priced as compared to similar models from other brands.
I appreciate the fact that this product did not come with a bunch of useless attachments. I got a cheap blender as a gift once and I was surprised to see a lot of attachments which weren't required at all.

Hard to use

I bought the KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender KHB1231 as a Christmas gift for my mother but it had to vital flaws. One, the blender did not really work for blending anything at all. The first thing we tried to make with it was a vegetarian chocolate mousse. The chocolate mousse recipe we use contains, an avacado, cocoa powder, and agave nectar (it's a lot like honey). Obviously the ingredients are all very soft and should have blended without a problem. However the blender has this cup kind of thing that goes over the blade and this kept the blade from being able to reach the avacado. This also is the second big problem we had with the blender, namely how hard it was to clean. Trying to pry your fingers in the small space to wipe it out was practically impossible. Another, smaller issue, was the weight. We found the blender quite heavy to hold; so be careful if you have arthritis or are not super strong.

Great Product

from pickering, ontraio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful
  • Stable

• Large Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

I use my KitchenAid Immersion blender for making milk shakes and smoothing out soup bases. The great thing about the immersion blender is you can stick it in any size of a container to make as big of a batch of milk shake as you like compared to a regular blender jug that gives you a limited serving amount.

I really liked this

from Spokane wa

About Me Avid Cook

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

I liked it, I wouldn't use it to blend anything thick or chunky Its better suited to blend more liquid things but it worked for what I needed it for.

MIX OR CRUSH EASILY

from Nueva Esparta VENEZUELA.

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• DISARMABLE
        • Easy To Clean
        • MIX IN ANY CONTAINER
        • Precise Control
        • Stable

Cons

• ONLY ACCOUNT WITH 2 SPEEDS

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

THE PERFECT BLENDER FOR TRANSPORTING AND USING WHERE YOU WANT, IT IS VERY PRACTICAL AND USEFUL TO MIX AND CRUSH, DISARMABLE WHAT IT MAKES YOUR CLEANING EASY. I RECOMMEND IT

Absolutely love mine!

from West lafayette

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Powerful
        • Precise Control
        • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

This tool comes in handy at home, work or when traveling! I would love to say I don't leave home without it but I have three!! Travel, home and one at work!!

Smoothie

from Pittsburgh Pa

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Powerful
          • Stable

• Large Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

We all use this mixer from my cold coffee drinks in the morning to my daughters smoothies for breakfast and after school snack

I will buy it in need

from Mohammad darwish. Joedan

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
            • Good Pitcher
            • Powerful
            • Precise Control
            • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

This item is great and cheap

nice product

from mn

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
              • Good Pitcher
              • Powerful
              • Precise Control
              • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

i have used for the kitchen n cooking purposes

This product change the way I cook

from Benson, AZ

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
                • Precise Control

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

I didnt know how bad I needed this till I got it. It was an impulse purchase but definitely a great one! It's so easy to use and clean. I am not a great cook by any means and i normally don't enjoy it so it was so nice to get this and really enjoy using this. I use it mainly for mixed drinks and mashed potatoes or cauliflower. It makes mashing anything much faster. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone!

Powerful motor

from Blue Springs, MO

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher
                  • Powerful

Cons

• Hard to Clean
                  • Unstable

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

The Motor is very powerful and great for making drinks, sauces, and dips. It's not so great for thick stuff like potatoes because it catches and unlocks. The pitcher is the perfect size for dips. It can easily fit a few avocados and all the veggies for gaucamole plus it comes with a lid so you can just pop it in the fridge.

Great product

from Richmond, texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Speed Immersion Blender:

I used this product for almost year , it was great , I prefer it to make baby purée food than the babyfood blender , the only thing didn't like it the container is broke !! But overall I highly recommend it !!