Other Diaper Rash Creams:

Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment

Pros

Cons

This stuff is amazing

This stuff is amazing! My little boy had a really bad case of diaper rash for over two weeks.  It would go away, then come back and I tried everything on the shelf to clear it up.  I was at the end of my rope, then a friend told me about Boudreaux's Butt Paste**.** I kind of laughed at the name, but I was so desperate, I figured it would give it a try.  It stared to work after the second application!  It's thick and forms a nice shield against your child's bottom and a wet diaper.  It may not smell too great, but it works wonders. It costs about the same as any other diaper rash cream.  I highly recommend this to any parent who struggles with diaper rash.

This paste burned my baby's bottom!

My baby cried when I put this on her bottom.  I thought maybe anything would make her cry, because of the diaper rash.  However, I tried it out on myself... I put some on a dry irritated patch of skin on my hand and it burned!  When I switched to another diaper cream, she no longer cried when I applied it.  Not to mention, Boudreaux's stains clothing!!

Not for my family

from Ohio

About Me Grandparent

Pros

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

I really can't say this product is good or bad. It was the weekend, which my grand daughters doctors is not in on, we had ran out of the cream prescribed for her an this was recommended to me. I printed a coupon for it plus found it on sale so I'm thinking this is great. I got home soaked baby in an oatmeal bath, dried really good put the butt cream on an in a matter of seconds she was screaming I mean screaming. So I rush to the kitchen sink in trying to be quick on getting it off but it's thick so it doesn't just wipe off. Needless to say I will not purchase this cream again. Not because it's bad it just didn't work for us.

Awesome stuff

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

I have 4 kids and I can't recommend butt paste enough. It's super thick and works well. I have a son with very sensitive skin and we went through a rough patch with his bottom. He was having terrible diaper rashes because he was lactose intolerant and the formula was causing him to have belly problems. I used butt paste after we found out what the problem was and switched his formula and it cleared right up. His butt was so bad it was bleeding and was bright red and after just one use there was a huge improvement. A little goes a long way and it's not priced too high. A tube lasts me forever and I always have some on hand. It's a life saver.

The best diaper rash cream on the market!

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

I used Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment for both of my children and always recommend it for all of my mommy friends. My oldest suffered from diaper rash all too often because he didn't care about being dirty. I tried every other diaper rash cream on the market before I found Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I didn't want to try this product because of the higher price and the silly name. Finally as a last resort I tried it. My son's horrible diaper rash was gone after two days. When my second child came around I only used this product. Other products are runny and absorb into the skin very quickly, leaving the skin vulnerable to future diaper episodes. Boudreaux's Butt Paste adheres to the skin and stays on the skin until the next diaper change, protecting the skin from wet diapers. This allows the skin to heal like it needs to. This product costs a little bit more than other diaper rash creams, but heals the skin better than others.

This product works better than any other diaper rash cream on the market.

It is most definitely a must-have!

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

This butt paste has been such a wonderful product for us. It works to cure any redness in one diaper change most of the time! I have a 17 month old boy, and I am just now on tube two (the first one very small- probably about 2 ounces-and just recently ran out). My husband came home with a 4 ounce replacement tube that appears giant compared to the other size we'd had and he proudly said, "if we had THIS size originally, it would've lasted him [the baby] until he didn't even need it!" This is so true. The tiniest dab on the worst butt rash and the rash will truly go away in one or two diaper changes. I feel that it should really cost more because of the effectiveness and how incredibly long it lasts! It was so much more effective, shockingly so, to the other brands that would be randomly tried at the babysitter or grandma's house if we had forgotten ours. We certainly would recommend this product over any other leading butt rash pastes! It truly is the best.

Love this diaper rash ointment!

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

Boudreaux's Butt Paste is amazing stuff! It truly works on diaper rash and fast. I always used it as a preventative instead of waiting for diaper rash to occur and then treating it. My friend's daughter kept getting diaper rashes and I recommended the Butt Paste to her. The day after she used it her daughter's diaper rash was gone and has never come back as she uses it as a preventative measure as well.

It is very thick and, yes, you have to use your hand to apply the lotion. I had no problems with that. Also, the scent is not awful but it is not super pleasant either. The only downside to this lotion is that it does stain. It leaves a tannish stain on light colored clothes so you have to be careful to clean your hands before touching clothes and to make sure that the lotion is not spread too far outside of the diaper. Otherwise fantastic product and it truly lives up to its claims!

My favorite of all the diaper rash cremes

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

Nothing tops Boudreaux's Diaper Rash products for saving baby's bottom! I've used this product on three children with only the best results. My oldest child even had "acidic urine" which caused some seriously bad diaper rash - one that would actually blister in a very short span of time. I tried everything on him (even prescription cremes) with poor results, until I found Boudreaux's. I love how soft it is, making applying it to a very sore bottom much easier than other cremes. It heals quickly and helps protect baby from getting a sore bottom again!

This is the best I've been able to find, and I've used just about all of the diaper rash cremes on the market. It heals some pretty rough diaper rash relatively quickly, and helps protect baby's bottom from getting sore again.

Great butt past, even for cloth diapers!

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

Once I switched to cloth diapers, I had to find a new diaper cream for my kids since the other diaper creams would get stuck to the cloth and become ineffective. Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment is much more expensive when compared to other diaper creams, but it is much thicker and more effective. This diaper cream sticks to their butts and stays there, as opposed to rubbing off on to the diaper. It also helped to get rid of all of the redness that has been in their folds for quite some time. The scent isn't pleasant, but it is mostly unnoticeable. It works well on my son's skin, and he has had some issues with diaper cream since he has eczema. The Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment helped to clear up their rashes in a two or three days, but I would begin to see the rash clearing up after a few uses. Even though it is thick, it does a good job at spreading smoothly on their skin.

Good for prevention

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

A friend recommended this to me when I had my first child. I think the name is really funny, so I had to try it. At first it seemed to be great, but I had a newborn. We were changing him constantly so the possibility of diaper rash was remote anyway. We used this at about every other diaper change.
      At six months we started to see some diaper rash. When we applied the Butt Paste to already existing rashes, it didn't help very much. We saw a little improvement. We ended up switching to Aquaphor to get the rash to heal up completely.
      The Butt Paste goes on easily and has a minimal scent. It cleans off your hands really easy. I had purchased the one pound tub. This worked great at the beginning of the tub, but once we got to the bottom, it was really hard to get out. It would get all over the sides of my hands. The tub itself is just to deep.
      Overall, not a bad product. We actually use it on facial rashes too. It seems to heal those up a little better than actual diaper rash.

Hate it

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

I was gifted this product while pregnant with my first baby. I had heard great things about it and was willing to give it a try when baby girl had a diaper rash. I couldn't believe how awful this stuff was. It is flesh colored, thick, sticky....messy. It stuck more to my fingers than my daughter's bottom. It didn't clear up a light diaper rash at all. I was disappoint, to say the least. All I had heard were great reviews. I stopped using it and went to Desitin Rapid Relief. That's great stuff!

When you are a first time mom, you don't know which products will work for your baby and a lot of times you go off of what your friends recommend. This time was a fail. I know it's a great product for some, but for us it was a hassle. It didn't even give a good end result either.

We now have a newborn baby boy and are only using Desitin. We had a diaper burn issue because of his diapers and Desitin was recommended by the pediatrician as a barrier over the medication (cream) we were given. I can't imagine having to rub in Butt Paste when your baby is burned/bad rash. Butt Paste has to be rubbed in, Desitin can just be squeezed onto bottom and patted with the diaper to spread it out I usually don't even have to touch the Desitin.

Bottom line: Not a Butt Paste fan

Very effective.

from Clearfield, UT

Comments about Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment:

This is the only diaper rash cream I will buy now. It just always works. It clears up a bad diaper rash so fast. It sticks to the skin and gets the job done. I have used this with my last two babies and buy this for gifts! I love it. It might cost a tiny bit more, but it is well worth it to help your lil one feel better after a bad rash.

Fast results