4.8
Built-In Dishwashers
Bosch
SHE68R56UC
Bosch 800 Series 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

Summary

Bosch SHE68R56UC Semi-Integrated Dishwasher with 14-Place Settings, 6 Wash Cycles, 3 Options, Express/Delicate Wash, Sanitize Option, LCD Display and 44 dBA: Black

Bosch 800 Series 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

4.8

Pros

Cons

iraq

good

Awesome dishwasher

Comments about Bosch 800 Series 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher:

We were disappointed with the cleaning we were getting from our previous Whirlpool dishwasher, so I did my research and found that the Bosch line was consistently top-rated. We've been pleased with this washer in the short time we've had it. It powers off even stuck-on peanut butter, something the Whirlpool would never pull off. We no longer have to wash our dishes by hand to run them through the dishwasher, a process that previously seemed to defeat the whole point of having a dishwasher in the first place. And as a bonus, the thing is whisper quiet.

Noise Level
It's unbelievable how quiet this thing is. Bosch dishwashers have a light on them to tell you they're running for a reason - you can't hear them in most kitchens over other things like the hum of the refrigerator. Granted, we didn't get our Bosch because it's quiet, on account of we run it at night and sleep on the other side of the house, so we never even heard the Whirlpool. But it is a nice bonus.

Cleaning Time
It takes about 2-3 hours for it to run through a wash job in our house, and that's with all the bells and whistles input. It's better than the Whirlpool.

Loading Flexibility
This thing is remarkably flexible for loading. You can even remove the top rack completely for washing tall items, like oversized serving platters.

The Bosch powers off pretty much everything. There have been a few items I've had to rewash because the food was just that stuck on. But way less than what I had to with the previous dishwasher.

It's attractive, and the controls are pretty straightforward. The only problem is the drying cycle, which requires engaging a series of key codes (i.e., pressing two buttons at the same time to get into a setup menu). I've read many reviews that say the drawback is the drying - makes me wonder if they didn't read the manual to figure out how to activate the cycle. It's the one thing on this washer that isn't very intuitive - would one more button really have made that big of a difference?

It seems solidly built, with the stainless steel tub, but time will be the real test.

• Loading Flexibility:

So Quiet, you have to check that its running!

Comments about Bosch 800 Series 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher:

We replaced a working dishwasher with this one because it is near our family room TV and we could not hear conversations on the television. This is a dream, quiet, efficient, sparkling and nothing to rust inside.

Noise Level
so quiet, we thought it was not running

Cleaning Time
kind of long running, but everything sparkles

Loading Flexibility
top rack lowers for tall glasses

excellent all around

it blends right in with our black appliances

don't know yet, still so new, but expect to run forever

• Loading Flexibility:

A great buy, but you have to get used to some idiosyncrasies.

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Bosch 800 Series 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher:

I've had this for about 6 months now. Overall, it is good and far better than the kitchenaid professional series we had (and had nothing but problems with). The good points: quiet, dishes get extremely clean, and the manual food trap is a good idea and very easy to empty. The things that made it rate not as high: the racks are very odd--you fill up the bottom racks with American size plates; same issue with glasses and smaller plates on the top rack--if I put coffee cups on the side, then their corresponding dishes won't fit in the slots next to them. Because of the rack issue, I can't load it as heavily as the other dishwashers I've experienced. I also tried using the slots provided with the cover for the utensils, but that was annoying and some forks and knives didn't fit, so I discarded it and just used the baskets. Other reviews have commented on the odd smell that you're hit with when you open the door after the cycle has ended--sometimes I get this but it's only if I open the door too early and not let the dishes dry completely. Speaking of drying, this dishwasher doesn't have a heating coil--I actually like that because it is another part not to go bad and it also allows me to put plastic in the dishwasher (they don't melt). The drying hasn't been a problem if you don't open the door too soon after the cycle--we usually give it about 3-4 hours because it uses the heat from the very hot water to dry.

Noise Level
Very quiet, and we have an open floor plan that enables you to hear almost everything.

Cleaning Time
Takes a lot longer to dry and wash, but we got used to it very quickly and it's good because it uses less energy for drying.

Loading Flexibility
The slots in the racks are odd--just can't get used to it. Thus, I can't use every slot as intended.

Very clean and dry dishes, whereas with prior dishwasher I had to re-wash a number of things by hand.

easy to use, sleek, nice stainless steel