Other Floor Cleaners:
Hardwood Floor Cleaners
Bona
WM700018159

Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner

Pros

• Efficient (3)

Great on hardwoods!

We have hardwood floors throughout our home. We have tried so many hardwood floor cleaners, swiffers, etc and nothing seemed to last or not streak. Finally we discovered Bona. It was amazing! You spray on where you want to use it, and use as much as you want or need. Then scrub it up with the Bona mop (similar to a permanet swiffer cloth).

It is so easy and really works. There is no strong smell. It makes the floors shine. It does not leave any streaks! That is my biggest pet peeve! It dries quickly, which is a must in my household since we have pets. The cloth can be washed and reused over and over.

The only con is the spray is a little more expensive than other cleaners, but it is well worth the money!

Leaves a film and streaks

I'm not sure if Bona gives this site kickbacks for throwing out bad reviews, but here goes mine. I have tried exactly what everyone else has seemed to have success with in the reviews. all I have ever gotten from Bona is a film on my floors.

If I use the Bona product "straight" and just "mop" it up with the Bona mop, it looks good wet and then dries to a film. Tried rinsing afterwards and still a grey film on my Brazilian cherry hardwood floors.

I just want floors without a film. I could care less about the scent as long as it doesn't smell toxic.

Three stars is all this product merits.

from Massachusetts

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Efficient

Cons

• Weak Function

• Home

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

While the formula is a good one, the delivery systems leave a GREAT deal to desire. The floor wand, if you don't remove the bottle and clean the nozzle, clogs up and makes both the product and wand useless.

As well, the hand held sprayer comes apart after a few uses and the sprayer becomes worthless as well!

Excellent!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

I have a small cleaning service and I have been using Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner for a few years now. It works great on real hardwood floors, but I would not recommend it for laminate, as it will streak.

The most effective way I have found this floor cleaner to work, is to use a micro fiber cloth mop. The best way is to spray the cleaner on the cloth first before applying it to the floor. It can be sprayed directly onto the floor as well, however I would recommend spraying it lightly and mopping it immediately.

I have used the cleaner on very light to very heavy soiled hardwood floors. I just used it today to clean up sticky formula that was spilled from a baby bottle and sticky finger prints from a child crawling on the floor.

It is an amazing cleaner and it will last awhile when used properly. I would highly recommend this cleaner. It can be purchased at any local hardware store and is usually displayed near the flooring department.

Cleans Laminate too

from Eagle River, AK

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Efficient

• Cleaning

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

Our dark colored laminate floors are difficult to clean, they show every spot and they leave water marks if they are not dried completely after washing them.

I bought the Bona floor kit that came with a mop, and I adore it. Come to find out, several of my friends also use Bona with great results.

It can be hard to find locally, so I buy the large bottle and fill up my smaller spray bottle.
        I spray it on and then mop over it, going back and forth until the floor is basically dry. It cleans to a shine, and it also cleans my Wellness Mat nicely too. It has a slight odor, not much, which is what I prefer.

The company told me I could use their hardwood floor cleaner on my laminate floors, but Bona does make another version specifically for laminate.

Since we have pets and grandkids, I love that it is safe. It is non-toxic and biodegradable. It does not leave any residue behind so it does not build up on my floor. I love this product! My floors look wonderful after I have cleaned them with Bona.

Works okay

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

I bought bona floor spray, and the bona brand mop kit with the washable microfiber pad and wasn't blown away. It's pretty expensive and does leave a film if it's not used exactly to the directions. I have pets and kids so we have a lot of spills. I used this on our floors but still felt l needed to mop with a stronger product a couple times a month instead of only using this. I have light colored wood floors and Most of the time I can see a film. It doesn't make my house smell clean after mopping which I don't like. I do like the squirt and mop rather than rinsing a mop off into dirty water but im not a huge fan of bona. I think it's good for a quick mop job or an in between cleaning but not for really dirty floors. It also takes me twice as long to do my floors with bona because of the way I have to use it. One board of the floor at a time, and slow swipes. I don't know if i will keep using this because its expensive and time consuming.

Love this product and would recommend

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

This is a wonderful product. I recently installed bamboo floors in my kitchen and I am very concerned because bamboo is not as durable as our hardwood floors throughout the rest of the house. However, I love this product. I did not want to use other products, like Murphys because I felt they would be too harsh so I was grateful when I found this product.

Bona leaves no streaks and can be applied really easily. My floors gleam when I use it. I use the spray bottle so it is not a difficult process. I use a mop to wipe with but I am interested in purchasing the Bona mop and am curious if that would even increase effectiveness. I am delighted that the product does not make my floors sticky which I think some other floor products do. I would recommend this product.

I have found Bona to be essentially scentless which is fine because I do not want a strong odor in my kitchen where I have food products.

Long lasting, and great value!

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

I purchased a used hardwood floor to replace my carpeting. Though the wood was still in great shape for being used, it needed a little TLC. My mother suggested Bona, and I'm glad she did. After the first use, I saw a dramatic difference in the wood: it brought out a nice shine. I used it about twice a week, every week since then, and my wooden floor looks great. It gives good protection against spills, scuffs, and scratches. I have cats and a dog who stay inside with me and are quite rough on the floors, so Bona really helped reduce the wear and tear. Also, this product leaves no residue as long as you dilute it correctly. It also leaves no lingering, chemical like smell. As long as you dilute the product, it will last a long time, and so will your floors.

This product does what it promises. It also effectively removes dirt and organic stains from your hardwood floors. I feel like I put little effort into taking out old scuffs and stains. It dries relatively quickly and leaves no film.

Effectively cleans and polishes my hardwood floors with ease.

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner is a great product, and it gets my floors clean and polished every time. It sprays easily through the nozzle without getting stuck or jammed, and the mist that sprays onto the floor cuts easily through grease and buildup. I use a mop with a rag like attachment on it, which easily cleans and polishes the floor with this cleaner. Even though I have the equivalent of three rooms to mop, it's relatively quick and easy to mop and polish the whole entire area at one attempt. It leaves the hardwood floor looking bright, shiny, and most of all, clean. The more stubborn spots sometimes need extra work, but this product performs adequately at cleaning most everything up. My favorite thing about this product is that it dries quickly after I'm done mopping. It's easy to mop a large area without worrying about people walking through and tracking dirt on the wet floor. Usually, it will be completely dry after only a couple of minutes.

Smells like a typical cleaner.

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

My fiance and I recently moved into a new home that had wood floors. The inspector that looked at the house before everything said to use BONA. I had never heard of it and didn't understand why I couldn't just use my Shark steam mop or my Swiffer Wet Jet. He informed me real wood floors couldn't get wet with those things as the wood would absorb the moisture and be ruined. So I listened to him and immediately got BONA Hardwood Floor Cleaner. To my surprise the previous homeowners left their BONA mop and pads in the laundry room. I just sprayed the Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner on the floor and then mopped it up. I couldn't believe how well of a job this stuff did. My floor looked shiny, brand new, and super clean. Having a cat and a puppy that sheds constantly I couldn't believe how clean my floor looked. I don't have to scrub, don't have to get down on my hands and knees. This mop and floor cleaner is very gentle, doesn't scratch, and doesn't dull my floors. Now I know how to take care of my house thanks to this stuff and the person that recommended it. I am so glad I discovered Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner. It seriously made one thing in my life much easier than I thought it would be.

I use this on our new floors, it is great

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

We had new hardwood floors installed, and this was the product that the installer recommended to not only clean but also to protect our floors, and I have been very happy with it. It gives back to the wood, and leaves it shiny or glossy. It does not leave a film or buildup, and it is very easy to use.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner:

We installed new hardwood flooring and this was recommended by our flooring company- very good cleaner. Doesn't leave streaks, leaves nice shine and isn't slick like some cleaners

Cleans up grime very well, leaves floor looking new again

Don't mind the scent, would we nice if it left a "wood" smell