Other Floor Cleaners:
Hardwood Floor Cleaners
Murphy Oil Soap
Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap

Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap

Pros

• Easy to use (5)
  • Simple instructions (5)
  • Efficient (4)
  • Good power output (4)

• Cleaning (5)
  • Home (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cleaner (3)

Murphys Oil Soap is The Tough Job Tackler

I use Murphy Oil Soap for those hard to clean wood items that may be around the house. I buy the 32 ounce container which is the larger size. This household cleaner is made with 100% vegetable oil and has a good clean scent. When this is used you can tell by the smell the job got done.

Murphy Oil Soaphas been a trusted company in business for over 100 years. Because of the vegetable oil that is in it, it has a natural and gentle cleaning power.This is safe to use on finished wood and will not leave a residue. There is no need to rinse after applying this at all. Murphys Oil Soap is great to use on your **finished **wood surfaces such as wood floors, cabinets,tables and chairs,wood paneling, laminate floors and bookcases. I have used this on my wooden kitchen cabinets to get those greasy hand prints off the doors and handles. you know how men are when they come in from working outside.. sigh...

This product is safe enought that you can also use it on these items as well.: No wax floors, ceramic tiles,painted surfaces, cars, laundry stains, and vinyl.

Before you use this product you should test it in a small area to make sure it will be fine. if you see any dulling or discoloration then the wood you are applying it to may be waxed or needing to be refinished.

**Warning: If swallowed drink a glass of water so it will dilute it. If you get it in your eye, flush immediately with water. **

This product is Biodegradable and Phosphate free.

Murphy Oil Soap is **Made in the USA. **This is made by the Colgate-Polmolive Company in Ny, Ny.

I would recommend using this on your finished wood products in your home.

Not as good as other oil soaps

I expected a lot more from this specific oil soap liquid. I have tried other kinds of oil soap/cleaners for my wooden furniture so I had very high expectations from this product. I used it for hardwood floors and I have found out that after a while maybe after couple of days it gets sticky. Although I will have to say that if you plan to mop the wood floor once in less than one week or every 3-4 days you should not have any problem. Moreover, it does a good job shinning wood and making it smooth. It gives a great fresh look to any wood mopped with it. Another bad thing about it might be the fact that you get the best results if used with warm and/or hot water. Also you would not be able to make a mix of this product and water and leave it in a spray bottle for use at anytime, because the mixture with water, in this case warm water, tends to react chemically and "expire" it and would not act like the brand new mix.

Used on wood floor

from Mt hope wv

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Did not care for the left over oil feeling

A homeowner's staple

from Wisconsin

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Murphy Oil has always been a staple in my family. I moved into a new to me house built in the 60's. Who knows the last time the window frames were cleaned, let alone conditioned. After a Murphy Oil treatment they shone like brand new, and the wood no longer looked dry, cracked, and sad. I use this at least twice a year on my wood surfaces!

Good stuff

from 3ellamary

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Efficient
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

This oil is really good and leave my house smelling so good. The best way to use this soap for your hardwood floors is to mop few times with just plain water to pick up dust. Ones you mop your floor with the oil DO NOT WALK ON IT, if you walk on your floor if is not completely dry it will leave marks on your floor and you would have to redo. But it dies leave floors shinning and super clean.

NICE PRODUCT

from SANDEGO

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Auto
      • Garage
      • Office

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

qfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfqqfqfqqfq

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Will always use on my wood floors

from Kent, Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Efficient
      • Powerful
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

I have hardwood flooring in my kitchen/dining area and also in my bathroom. Seeing as my kitchen gets way more traffic through it, the floors were always getting dirty. Between my kids, my dog and just normal wear it never felt clean even after I just wiped it down. My mom went out and bought me Murphy Oil Soap and said it would work wonders. I was skeptical before using it because nothing so far was working for me. By following the simple easy instructions I was amazed by how well it worked. It made my floors look so clean and cut through the dirt very well with not much scrubbing. It left my floors very shiny after it had dried. I was very impressed with how after it was washed my floors felt clean for once. Most other products always left a residue sticky feeling once it had dried. The smell is strong but nothing overwhelming or chemical-like. It has that you know it will be clean smell to it. I personally like buying products that have a tropical smell to it so the scent would be my only complaint, as small as that is. You also do not need to use a lot of the soap, I only used a couple cap fulls when washing my floor. I have also used this on my wooden kitchen table and coffee table and it has restored the shine to them. I highly recommend using this on all your wooden surfaces to bring out the glow. This is my go to brand for my hardwood floors all thanks to my mom.

i would never find a better product to use for any wood item

from united states

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • makes the wood look like t is new
        • Powerful
        • Simple Instructions

• wood

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

all you have to do is a gallon of warm water and a half cup of murphy oil soap

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great for Preserving Wood!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Murphy Oil Soap is something I grew up with! We had natural woodwork in our house when I was growing up and Mom insisted we use Murphy's twice a month to preserve the natural look of the wood.

As an adult I still use Murphy's, but only on occasion because I have never been a fan of the oily residue it leaves behind. If you apply the oil sparingly on your cloth and then onto the surface, the results will be positive, but only after having rubbed it in completely.

Most people would tell you that they love the pleasant scent, I on the other hand, have never been a big fan of the scent.

Overall, I would recommend this product if you want to preserve the natural wood look of your furniture, fixtures, baseboards, railings, etc.

Great for Wood floors!

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

My dining room has hard wood flooring. The wood seems to have dulled over time, so a very good friend of mine suggested that I buy some Murphy's Oil Soap to renew it. She said that not only does it work great on wood floors, but it would work wonders on my wood furniture as well. I just had to give it a shot, and I am glad I did! My dining room floor and my wooden furniture looks brand new again! After using Murphy's Oil Soap, my floor shines beautifully and my furniture looks amazing! I am proud to have company over every time I use it! The smell could be a little better, but with performance like this, I really do not care so much about that. It works great on tile too! I just love it and I use it every time I clean. I would not recommend it so much for laminate though, it can be a little slick on laminated floors.

Murphy's Oil Soap beats PineSol by a landslide on performance. It seems that Murphy's actually restore's the wood's natural beauty. It is great on tile too.

A wonderful Lemon scented way to clean and brighten floors

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Murphy's is a wonderful way to clean your hardwood floors and furniture. I use it on my grandmother's antique buffet and dinning table both of which are beautiful thanks to proper care, and Murphy's.

Lemon fresh clean every time. Cuts through dust on furniture as easily as dirt on the floor.

Lemon (need i say more?)

Works Like a Charm

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Love Murphy's Oil Soap. I can remember my mom using it when I was little, and I suppose the tradition was passed down. I use this product on a regular basis, and it is also something that I would recommend for other users as well.

The tried and true wood oil works magnificently on all wood surfaces. It is easy to use, and leaves the wood surfaces looking like new with a great shine and a dust and dirt free surface.

But, it is good for far more than just wood, and through the years I have discovered that it can be used on many other surfaces and provides the same amazing cleaning. Use it on the kitchen and the bathroom floors/sinks/countertops and get the same clean that you do on your wood!

In addition to cleaning like a charm the oil soap also helps eliminate smells and odors. A Little goes a long way for this purpose (and for cleaning, too.)

Murphy's Oil is all natural so that's another positive benefit that it has for it.

All in all Murphy's oil Soap is a terrific product. It has been around for 100 years already and if you're not using it on the wood in your home you're missing out on some really awesome cleaning power.