4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

Murphys Oil Soap is The Tough Job Tackler

I use Murphy Oil Soap for those hard to clean wood items that may be around the house. I buy the 32 ounce container which is the larger size. This household cleaner is made with 100% vegetable oil and has a good clean scent. When this is used you can tell by the smell the job got done.

Murphy Oil Soaphas been a trusted company in business for over 100 years. Because of the vegetable oil that is in it, it has a natural and gentle cleaning power.This is safe to use on finished wood and will not leave a residue. There is no need to rinse after applying this at all. Murphys Oil Soap is great to use on your **finished **wood surfaces such as wood floors, cabinets,tables and chairs,wood paneling, laminate floors and bookcases. I have used this on my wooden kitchen cabinets to get those greasy hand prints off the doors and handles. you know how men are when they come in from working outside.. sigh...

This product is safe enought that you can also use it on these items as well.: No wax floors, ceramic tiles,painted surfaces, cars, laundry stains, and vinyl.

Before you use this product you should test it in a small area to make sure it will be fine. if you see any dulling or discoloration then the wood you are applying it to may be waxed or needing to be refinished.

**Warning: If swallowed drink a glass of water so it will dilute it. If you get it in your eye, flush immediately with water. **

This product is Biodegradable and Phosphate free.

Murphy Oil Soap is **Made in the USA. **This is made by the Colgate-Polmolive Company in Ny, Ny.

I would recommend using this on your finished wood products in your home.

Not as good as other oil soaps

I expected a lot more from this specific oil soap liquid. I have tried other kinds of oil soap/cleaners for my wooden furniture so I had very high expectations from this product. I used it for hardwood floors and I have found out that after a while maybe after couple of days it gets sticky. Although I will have to say that if you plan to mop the wood floor once in less than one week or every 3-4 days you should not have any problem. Moreover, it does a good job shinning wood and making it smooth. It gives a great fresh look to any wood mopped with it. Another bad thing about it might be the fact that you get the best results if used with warm and/or hot water. Also you would not be able to make a mix of this product and water and leave it in a spray bottle for use at anytime, because the mixture with water, in this case warm water, tends to react chemically and "expire" it and would not act like the brand new mix.

i would never find a better product to use for any wood item

from united states

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • makes the wood look like t is new
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • wood

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

all you have to do is a gallon of warm water and a half cup of murphy oil soap

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great for Preserving Wood!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Murphy Oil Soap is something I grew up with! We had natural woodwork in our house when I was growing up and Mom insisted we use Murphy's twice a month to preserve the natural look of the wood.

As an adult I still use Murphy's, but only on occasion because I have never been a fan of the oily residue it leaves behind. If you apply the oil sparingly on your cloth and then onto the surface, the results will be positive, but only after having rubbed it in completely.

Most people would tell you that they love the pleasant scent, I on the other hand, have never been a big fan of the scent.

Overall, I would recommend this product if you want to preserve the natural wood look of your furniture, fixtures, baseboards, railings, etc.

Great for Wood floors!

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

My dining room has hard wood flooring. The wood seems to have dulled over time, so a very good friend of mine suggested that I buy some Murphy's Oil Soap to renew it. She said that not only does it work great on wood floors, but it would work wonders on my wood furniture as well. I just had to give it a shot, and I am glad I did! My dining room floor and my wooden furniture looks brand new again! After using Murphy's Oil Soap, my floor shines beautifully and my furniture looks amazing! I am proud to have company over every time I use it! The smell could be a little better, but with performance like this, I really do not care so much about that. It works great on tile too! I just love it and I use it every time I clean. I would not recommend it so much for laminate though, it can be a little slick on laminated floors.

Murphy's Oil Soap beats PineSol by a landslide on performance. It seems that Murphy's actually restore's the wood's natural beauty. It is great on tile too.

A wonderful Lemon scented way to clean and brighten floors

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Murphy's is a wonderful way to clean your hardwood floors and furniture. I use it on my grandmother's antique buffet and dinning table both of which are beautiful thanks to proper care, and Murphy's.

Lemon fresh clean every time. Cuts through dust on furniture as easily as dirt on the floor.

Lemon (need i say more?)

Works Like a Charm

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Love Murphy's Oil Soap. I can remember my mom using it when I was little, and I suppose the tradition was passed down. I use this product on a regular basis, and it is also something that I would recommend for other users as well.

The tried and true wood oil works magnificently on all wood surfaces. It is easy to use, and leaves the wood surfaces looking like new with a great shine and a dust and dirt free surface.

But, it is good for far more than just wood, and through the years I have discovered that it can be used on many other surfaces and provides the same amazing cleaning. Use it on the kitchen and the bathroom floors/sinks/countertops and get the same clean that you do on your wood!

In addition to cleaning like a charm the oil soap also helps eliminate smells and odors. A Little goes a long way for this purpose (and for cleaning, too.)

Murphy's Oil is all natural so that's another positive benefit that it has for it.

All in all Murphy's oil Soap is a terrific product. It has been around for 100 years already and if you're not using it on the wood in your home you're missing out on some really awesome cleaning power.

Cuts Through Grease!

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Murphy Oil Soap really does what all it claims and more. I use this product to clean and shine my wood flooring and my wood kitchen cabinets. I also use this product to clean and shine my wooden tables and wooden rocking chair as well. A little bit of this product goes a long way. When I use this product to mop my wood flooring I fill my bucket up half way with warm water and use three cap fulls of Murphy Oil Soap in pour into the bucket of water. My entire floor gets clean and shine like brand new after each usage.

When I clean my kitchen cabinets and wooden tables I fill a spray bottle up with warm water and add one cap full of Murphy Oil Soap and shake the spray bottle up. My kitchen cabinets always come clean and the grease build up wipes right off with ease. Whenever I clean my wood tables they always come out very clean and shine as well.

The scent of this product isn't strong at all so there is no need to worry about having to air out your house. I love this product and highly recommend it.

I LOVE This Soap

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

Murphy's Oil Soap is one of the best floor cleaner and shiners on the market. It has to be the best smelling floor cleaning to. Whenever I clean my house with this, you can smell the fragrance all day long.

Many floor cleaners I've purchased aren't very effective at cutting through tough floor stains and grim on cabinets. In fact Pine-sol doesn't work as well as Murphy's. My cabinets had years of built up grease, from me and the last owners. Before I restored the cabinets, I used Murphy's Oil Soap to get the grease and built up grime off, and it worked very well. I like to hand clean my floors, to get them even cleaner. With Murphy's I don't have to spend forever on my hands and knees trying to get tough spots off my linoleum floors, as Murphy's cuts right through it. It works well for linoleum, wood, tile, and a variety of other surfaces.

Murphy's Oil Soap is the best smelling cleaner that I have ever smelled. It makes a house look and smell clean.

Murphy's Oil Soap is an EXTRAORDINARY product

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

When my fiance and I first moved in together (4 years ago), he insisted in buying Murphy's Oil Soap. It's a little pricey and I thought he was just stuck on something he grew up with and kept telling him we could buy a cheaper brand of cleaning products and get the same or better results. But, I'm glad I listened to him!

My apartment only has two surfaces in it: hardwood and tile and Murphy's Oil Soap happens to work perfectly on each! I was impressed at how quickly, easily and effective this oil soap is.

My favorite part though about Murphy's Oil Soap is that it is a completely natural product. Made from water, coconut and plants - this product is one that I feel safe cleaning my apartment with and not worrying about it causing any danger to my family or my cats. In fact, my cats LOVE the smell and taste and since there isn't anything bad in it, there's really no reason for me to try and get them to stop.

Murphy's Oil Soap is also involved in community service, providing reforestation efforts by financially supporting the Arbor Day Foundation. All around, this product is fantastic!

A wonderful cleaner.

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

This Murphy oil Soap cleanser is a wonderful product on so many different levels. When I first got my hardwood flooring installed, I admit that I did not really know how to properly clean it and was using my regular old floor cleaner on it at first. It constantly had a streaky, dull appearance after mopping jobs and never seemed to have that high shine that I was looking for. It also seemed to scratch really easily. I picked this up in the store because it was cheaper than other wood floor cleaners and was a nice big bottle of product. The first time that I used it I was so happy afterwards. It smelled so fresh and wonderful, and left my floors absolutely clean and polished looking. It seriously can cut through the gunk and debris on your wooden surfaces without harming the wood in the least. I also like using it for wood trim around the house as well as my cabinets in the kitchen when I want them to really shine.

Love this product

Comments about Murphy Oil Soap Concentrated Liquid Oil Soap:

I have beautiful hardwood floors from the 19th century so I am very careful about what product I use on them. Murphy's oil has a wonderful and long reputation which is why I started to use it in the first place. I have rugs on them but I do also need to clean them regularly. I have used Murphy's oil for the last decade on them and it does a great job both cleaning them and giving them a natural shine. I do not use this product on my bamboo floors or tile. I do not believe it is for those surfaces but even if it were I would be reluctant to use it.

I think this product is excellent. It is easy to use. I just dilute the product in water and mop on the floors after sweeping. The floors turn up really well and do not have a stickiness that I find sometimes happens with other products. The shine tends to stay on the floors for many days which is a plus.

I love the scent of my Murphy's Oil. It is not cloying but smells fresh and clean.