Other Floor Cleaners:
Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner

Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner

Pros

Cons

If you have wood floors, you need this!

I have a lot of hardwood floors in my home. Original hard wood floors that need refinished badly! Most products I have tried leave my floors feeling sticky and looking really dull. I have been using a couple if other Method products for a while and figured I'd look to see if that had something specifically for hard wood floors. I has thrilled to find that they do. Honestly, even though I love my other Method products, I wasn't confident that this would work well on my floors since nothing else does. I squirted the product on a section of my dining room floor and easily spread it around with my microfiber flat mop. First if all, it smells awesome. It kind of reminds me of Dr. Pepper at first. My house smelled awesome all afternoon after mopping. And my floors actually had some shine. And no stickiness whatsoever. I do have a couple of complaints, though. First, the bottle size is way too small, being that this is a floor cleaner that you squirt directly on the floor. It needs to be about twice the size, in my opinion. Also, I think I'd rather have it be in a spray bottle so that when I apply it, I can cover more surface.

Beware...Not For Use On ALL Hardwood!

I love method products and was looking for a cleaner to use on our wood floors.  This product smells wonderful and works well with the Method Mop system w/ washable pad.  I used it on many occasions and thought that it did well.  The smell was nice; not overpowering or offensive.

I ran into problems after a few uses.  Our home began to smell like the tung oil we used to finish our barn beam flooring.  The flooring did not appear to look any different, but the solvent smell was strong and powerful.  After weeks of trying to figure out what was causing the issue we called the flooring company and they one customer service rep said that certain products, even the most natural ones can react with the solvent or tung oil.  It took weeks for the smell to dissipate.

The cleaner did work well, just not a match for our flooring.  Thankfully, it did not cause any visual damage and the smell has cleared up.  I would suggest contacting your wood flooring company to make sure it is okay to use with the type of finish you have.  I usually do the spot test as suggested, but in this case the effect happened slowly over time and the spot test did not indicate there was a problem.  This is a great cleaner as long as it is compatible with your flooring.

Method Squirt + Mop Floor Cleaner Brings Nature Inside

from Murfreesboro, TN

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Scent
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Laundry Room
    • Travel
    • Wood Floors of Any Kind

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

Method Squirt + Mop Cleaner beats the contest when it comes to cleaning any type of wood floor. From real wood to a floating floor, after sweeping, you simply apply and wipe. There is no rinse necessary. The dispenser opens like a dishwashing liquid and you just squirt and wipe with a re-washable cloth on a mop. This makes the fact that Method Mop + Squirt is eco-friendly. All products are outstanding, but after using the Mop + Squirt, the smell is enticing in itself. Coming in two scents, Almond and Lemon, it is hard to choose by in my opinion, the Almond brings your home to life, makes it smell clean like nature has been brought inside your home. It lasts a very long time, but one of my favorite features is that it does not streak nor is it sticky on any kind of wood flooring you use it on. I have tried the tried and true from Murphy's to Pledge and nothing beats the simple application of Method Squirt + Mop. It has lead me to the direction of all of the Method products and I have not found any that I have been disappointed in. It is the number one wood floor cleaner on the market and there is no doubt that I would recommend to anyone. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, it rates a definite 10.

Amazing scent

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

I loved this stuff! I have worked in the housekeeping industry for many years, and have used many types of cleaners along the way. I was totally impressed with the way this works. It left the floors looking shiny, and didnt leave streaks. I have even used it on laminate floors and it worked equally well. I used a washable pad dampened with water and squirted a small amount at a time. I went along each board and it worked great. I like the cool shape of the bottle too. It's easy to hang on to for the mopping job and it comes out by tipping the bottle and squeezing gently.

This stuff works great and I recommend anyone try this stuff if you have wood floors. It's easy to find too.

The scent is one of my favorite things because it smells amazing. It's also such a unique smell that there is no other cleaners our there that compare. After mopping the room smells fresh, and doesn't smell like chemicals.

This makes floor cleaning fun!

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

I love the slight almond scent of this floor cleaner. Squirt it on the floor, mop it up with the O-Mop (or your favourite microfibre mops system). My 8-year-old son loves mopping the floors because he gets to make the mess first and then clean it up!

This cuts through the mud from the dogs, the grime from the garden and the everyday kid/husband dirt quite nicely. I love that it's all natural and I don't have to worry about the animals walking through it or having to stay off of the floor until it's dry (which really isn't long anyway). It leaves a nice shine on my wood floors and I find that one bottle lasts quite a while as you really don't need much to clean the floors. Method is my go-to cleaning product - since we've stopped using the harsh chemicals in the house, my son's eczema has cleared up.

It's a slight almond scent that is pleasant. I also love that it doesn't burn your airway like traditional floor cleaners.

If you have wood floors, you need this!

Great cleaner!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

I really love this cleaner! Method has always been a reliable brand for me, so I often turn to it when I am in doubt. I wasn't sure what to use on my floors, so I went with Method first to see if it was the way to go. It definitely was! It left the floors looking absolutely beautiful. I felt really good about using it since my son had just started crawling and I wanted to be sure our floors were not only clean, but as free from harmful ingredients as we could make them. I loved having floors that were not only beautiful, but safe for my baby as well!

I was so pleased with the performance of this cleaner. It made my floors look immaculate and so shiny! It was easy to use and dried quickly. I absolutely love it.

The scent is wonderful! It makes the whole house smell so fresh and clean, but not in that hospital kind of way. It smells very natural and not nearly as harsh as some other cleaners out there.

Non toxic and really simple to use

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

I like that this is a non-toxic product and safe to use in my household with two young kids. It does not give a great finish to your floors but it will remove the dirt. It is easy to use, you just mix with water and use a mop or linen to apply and let air dry. I use this as a maintenance product in between treating my floors and I'm pretty happy with it.

Awesome for most wood floors.

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

I have always loved Method products, especially their packaging, how cute! But what I love even more is that they never use harmful products in whatever they produce and that's great. It makes my floors look amazing and it smells great like a previous reviewer said, make sure it's compatible with your floors before you try!

This is my absolute favorite floor cleaner!

from Lexington, MO

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

I have tried so many different floor cleaners. When I stumbled on this one, I wasn't even necessarily shopping for floor cleaner, but it caught my eye because it was almond scented. It smells amazing, I decided i needed to try it right then and there. It smells like almond extract. Even my husband stops when I am mopping and tells me that it smells great. I also think it does a great job on our floors. We have hardwood laminate floors and it leaves them really clean looking and they stay clean looking for longer than a lot of cleaners I have tried. I used to mop almost every day and now I mop every few days, even with my messy kids and pets. I trust the Method brand to make safe and non-toxic cleaners. I need safe cleaners because I always am around kids or pets or both when I am mopping and I don't like to worry about what I am exposing my family to. I just use this with a microfiber mop pad, and I notice that is does kind of stain it brownish, but that doesn't matter to me. I highly recommend giving this product a shot!

great method for mopping

from Canonsburg, PA

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

love the fact I can have great hard wood floors that are clean without breaking my back or the bank! Some hard wood floor cleaners are greasy or simply have an awful smell to them. Method's products are all easy on the nose and the pocket book which I find so appealing.

I use this as my go to floor cleaner. Does a great job at a great price. What more can a girl ask for? I know, someone to clean the floors for her right. LOL Until that happens and even if it does, this will be my go to cleaner.

very clean scent without being offensive. So many products on the market are old faithful standbys that smell to strong of orange or lemon. then there are the organic ones that have the strong smell of rosemary or whatever. I like a simple clean scent and that is what I get with Method. I don't want to be overwhelmed with scent, but I want to be over joyed with how good a job the product did to clean my floors.

Great for Tile

Comments about Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner:

I love that this is natural and effective. I don't believe that any harsh chemicals are used. It works great on linoleum and tile floors. It gets dirt and caked on mud off great. I enjoy the scent too. It's not extremely harsh. It's much better than most floor cleaners.