Other Dog Foods:

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Fish & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

A quality food - no junk or fillers!

I have a Lab with Addison's, so she has a special need diet.  With her you can really see the affect food has on an animals coat, digestive system, energy and really overall happiness.  Granted any dog is happy when they eat, but Blue helped her sensitive skin stop itching as much she was able to enjoy games of fetch without an itch break!  More throws of the tennis ball makes her a happier dog!

Her coat also started to grow back, steriods used to keep her alive have really taken a toll on her fur.  While on Blue's diet her fur returned thicker, it wasn't as full as a "healthy" Lab's but she looked healthy!

The one thing I can say we didn't like about Blue was the gas!  For some reason our dog could stink us out of a room within minutes of entering!  We were told by the vet it's probably the high quality ingredients and protein, either way it was not pleasent!  Not all pets will get this, just so happens we were one of the lucky ones!

not my dogs fav.

i got **Blue Buffalo Fish & Sweet Potato Adult Dog Food one time and my dogs did not care for it. at fisrt they ate it, but after 2 days, I would call them to eat and they did not care if they ate or not. they did not run when I call them. 2nd, **Blue Buffalo Fish & Sweet Potato Adult Dog Food caused my dogs to have bad "gas".it also causes bad breath do to the fish in the food. it is also very expnsive and hard to find in the stores. I did not see any coupons in the papers for **Blue Buffalo Fish & Sweet Potato Adult Dog Food. in conclusion, I would not recommend **Blue Buffalo Fish & Sweet Potato Adult Dog Food to any one out there. it is expensive, hard to find and my dogs did not care for **Blue Buffalo Fish & Sweet Potato Adult Dog Food. ** ********

Casey Gives it 2 Woofs Up!

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Fish & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food:

I switched my Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute mix to this food immediately after rescuing her. She absolutely adores this food! My favorite part of it is that there isn't anything in it that causes an allergic reaction and that she eats less now! This food is very filling for her and she loves the taste. The other flavor options are acceptable to her, but this is the one she really loves! I also love the little story cards that come inside the food, they are a nice touch. Albeit expensive, this food is definitely worth it!

Quality of Ingredients
Blue only uses quality ingredients and it shows in my dog's coat and attitude. Casey's breed is known for having very sensitive stomachs and needing specific types of food, and Blue definitely makes the cut! The quality ingredients make this food a bit pricier than some lower quality foods, but it's definitely worth the extra money.

Flavor Selection
Blue has a really great flavor variety and a lot of different selections for breeds, health issues, etc.

• Flavor Selection:

Great product to introduce for some variety!

Blue Buffalo Products have the best, highest quality ingredients. I usually switch off between Science Diet and Blue's products to give my pets some variety. They typically prefer Science Diet's flavor but Blue is definitely the healthier product so I continue to purchase it for them as well. This Blue Buffalo dry dog food with Fish and Sweet potato is a great product is a great flavor that my dogs love. This is the one Blue product my dogs like to eat just as much as Science Diet. It is a unique flavor that most other brands do not carry. I am happy that I found a Blue Buffalo dry dog food that my dogs can love so I do not feel guilty about feeding it to them.

Quality of Ingredients
Blue has the best and highest quality of ingredients for any dog food product on the market. They have no fillers and are full of great ingredients that will keep your pets happy and healthy.

Flavor Selection
This is a great flavor that my dogs love.

• Flavor Selection:

I am a customer for LIFE!!

This dog food was a literal life saver to my two Golden Retrievers. After rescuing these loving purebreeds, I discovered something that as a lifetime owner of mutts I hadn't known, they are VERY prone to allergies & skin issues. I searched every option on a food that would put weight on these thin dogs while somehow addressing their allergies without having to buy hugely expensive food from the vet. I tried a ton of options and the only diet that kept them from scratching until bleeding was a raw food diet, problem was this did not provide enough fat calories to put weight on them. When I discovered this food I initially had sticker shock, but I was desperate. I am so happy to have found this food! They are different dogs since starting this diet, they have finally filled out and their coats are beautiful!

Quality of Ingredients
I didn't even think of a fish based diet being an option! Then I considered the fact that these are generally considered "good fats" for people, so why not my dogs?

Flavor Selection
Really quality selection! From the traditional chicken and brown rice to this most unusual Fish and Sweet potato version.

Best food for my Shih Tzu

This is the only brand of dog food we've ever fed our beloved Shih Tzu, Gizmo who just turned 12 months old. He always eats this brand as soon as he's fed; it never sits in his bowl for long. We feed very conservatively with only this food and dry snacks. The end result is a happy, very energetic dog who should live 15+ years on this diet.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients appear to be very good. I gauge this by two things: the health and appearance of my Shih Tzu (which is excellent) and his stool. In my experience, dog food made with cheap ingredients produce smelly, irregular stool. With this brand, Gizmo's stool is consistently firm and low in offensive odor. That's important to us since we have him trained to use an indoor pad.

Flavor Selection
The flavor we used previously was chicken. Currently, we are feeding Gizmo this salmon and sweet potato formula...he loves it! Next time, we'll probably try the lamb and rice formula. Either way, you can't go wrong with of the Blue Buffalo varieties.

Great- Blue Buffalo Fish & Sweet Potato adult dog food

from Rumford, RI

I have gone through many dog foods because Bella is very fussy then with some of the recallsI was getting nervous. Then I had gotten a sample at a pet show last year and let my Italian Greyhound try it and wow did she eat it.  She loves it and I love that she is eating again and healthy for her, I get the 15 pound bag (it can last me 6 months)  but as long as she loves it I will continue to buy it for her.  She was shedding before she ate the Blue Buffalo but since she has been on this food the shedding as gone away.

Very happy with this dog food:)  It is a bit expensive because it is holistic but well worth it .

Good healthy dog food !!

from Hamilton, GA

I was hoping my husband was wrong when he first bougt this dogfood at 30 bucks a bag. He had heard that it would help with our dogs coat, stomach issues and allergies. We have been using Blue for about 5 months now and all the issues we had have either cleared up or improved greatly. I am impressed ! All three dogs enjoy meal time and never leave any behind in their bowls as they had in the past. I just wish it was not sooo expensive.

Feed your doggie like family!!

from Newberry, SC

This is one of the best decisons I have made! My dog deleloped a allergy to a grocery store brand after several years, and I made the immediate switch to Blue in 4 days itching seemed to lessen, and about two weeks later coat seemed brighter and energy level up!

Actually smells like fish

from Saint Louis, MO

I have a dog that has allergy problems. This dog food was suggested by the vet. The thought is that dog food made with fish rather than meat is supposed to be better for her coat and skin. I think the result has been average, but I will say the dog food actually does smell like fish so I do believe the label.

Good for your dog

from Palatine, IL

My dog seems to really love this dog food and has no problems eating it all up. I have been giving this to my dog for about 6 months. My dog has allergies to different foods. I really do believe it has helped some with my dog's itchy skin and ear infections. As a pet owner you can feel really good giving this pet food to your dogs. It has good healthy ingredients and no bi products. The main reason i gave this product four stars is due to the high price. It is expensive and it really does not seem like the bags of dog food have a lot of kibbles in them. It would also be great to be able to get coupons for this product. At times it can be hard to find this brand of dog food in the fish and sweet potatos. Overall i feel great about giving this to my dog.

A great food, but so freaking expensive

from Athens, GA

We had been feeding our ten basset hounds Iams lamb and rice formula dog food for a few years and thought that by switching them to a higher quality food we could help them lose a little weight. We did a little research and found a super low grain, high protein food by a company called Blue Buffalo. My dogs absolutely loved it! After a few weeks on Blue, my over-weight dogs began to trim down. I could actually see their hips again. The two big problems that I had with this food were, of course, the outrageous price, and the fact that the food seemed to cause their coats to thin out. For some reason, my dogs' coats started to thin to the point that I became concerned, and I eventually had to switch back to Iams.